Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Knowledge Of Causes, And Secret Motion Of Things

When a rehab confidante betrays Alison and threatens to expose the truth about Aynsley’s death, she goes into free fall on the eve of Family Day. With Donnie and the kids set to visit, it’s all clones on deck to contain the fallout.

GodDAMN, I don't know who was more stunned when that gun went off -- me, or Donnie.

Mind, completely blown by this episode.  Must watch a second time to process all of the new info. 

Well, that, and I've decided that either the audio on BBCAmerica is frakked, or I need a hearing aid.

• Love 4

I can't figure out who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.  It seems to change so quickly that I've got whiplash.  

It's like the whole timey-whimey wibbly wobbly Time thing.

Does this mean that Rachel is now one of the good guys?

Is it next saturday yet?

• Love 5

Oh my god! Just when I think this show cannot get any better, it somehow manages to blow me away. On any other show, Vic would have gone undetected by Alison, cosima would not have found out about Kira, and certainly wouldn't have called Sarah. But here, people find out what they need to. The audience gets new answers and questions every week. The story moves along at lightening speed and I love it. Poor Donnie! Sarah as Alison as Donnie was hilarious. Only bad part, no Helena.

• Love 13

Sarah as Alison as Donnie was hilarious

Oh my god, that whole scene killed me.

And the clones really are better together. I just wish Cosima wasn't so isolated.

Wow, it looked like Leekie was the big bad guy, but turns out he is just another cog in the wheel. An expendable cog at that.

I missed the first few minutes. Last week, Sarah was on a deadline in order to get Felix off the hook for the gun with his prints. Did that get resolved? Felix didn't seem to worried about being arrested on false charges, so I imagine it was but I missed it.

Seems like Rachel is going to find out she has been just as manipulated as the other clones and may view DYAD in a whole new way. Maybe she will be joining clone club.

Was I the only one who thought, aww - Don does care for Alison, even though he is a complete idiot.

(edited)

A lot of overlapping storylines, but my best attempt at ranking

1. Alison, Donny, and the twinswitch - Twinswitches are always great, with both dramatic tension and (usually) a comedy factor. I laughed multiple times with Sarah-as-Alison, then cringed when Sarah went into Donny as she did the last time she was Ali. And the scene when Donny found out the truth had great acting from everyone involved, from Sarah/Felix’s “omg awkward, let’s leave” to Donny’s dumbfounded “omg what have I done” (though I’m not sure I entirely buy the explanation) to Ali’s “omg I cannot even begin to describe how frustrated I am.” Plus, you know, the ending scene. I guessed that Aldous would get killed by someone from Dyad, but now Ali and Donny have something new in common...which looks like it’ll get explored in full as soon as next week.

2. Rachel, Aldous, Siobhan, and Ethan - I thought it was a good decision to have Rachel’s reaction be subdued and off to the background, as it looks like next week she’s going to go ballistic and you don’t want to use all that firepower at once. Plus Maslany’s cryface was perfect even if we didn’t see much of it. I’m fascinated to see exactly how Rachel turned out the way she has; Aldous who raised her doesn’t come off nearly as cold and remote as she tends to be.
Siobhan while still possibly shady is pretty awesomely badass, and way smarter than Sarah.
The new boss lady in charge, presumably replacing Aldous in terms of The Man show-wise, could be great. If she had a hand in raising Rachel, I could understand the latter more.

3. Sarah, Felix, Angie, and Vic - Vic not telling this time won’t prevent him from spilling the beans later. But I was amused by the spiked-drink hijinks & Vic wanting to get back together. Plus Vic is way more likable this season.

4. Sarah, Kira, and Cal - So I wasn’t so much a fan of the cutesy family stuff. But it’s fascinating to see Sarah’s decision at the end; she sees Cosima as important enough that she would risk the person she loves most in the world.
5. Cosima and Delphine - Good yelling scene. But she wasn’t in the episode very much. Next episode looks very promising with the fit…

I didn’t really miss Helena because she’s with the crazy cultists who I haven’t warmed to. And TM already had 4, or more like 5, roles to play.

Edited by jjjmoss
(edited)

I can't figure out who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.  It seems to change so quickly that I've got whiplash.  

I know, I always get faked out.   Was Rachael really letting Leekie walk away unharmed?  I thought for sure it was some kind of set up just to dupe him, then once he got outside, it would be the end for him.  Never expected what happened with Donnie, although it was an uh oh moment when had that weird look in his eyes after Alison screamed at him,so I didn't know what he was capable of doing.

TV/movie pet peeve #125-  close the damn door when your making sneaky phone calls telling someone about the person you're trying to get intel on! That makes me crazy!  (I know it's a way to let Alison find out, but damn!...ok I feel better now)

Oooh Delphine...Cosima told you! That's the second time in two seasons she screamed at her to GET OUT!! isn't it?

I forgot Ethan Duncan had birds in his place,so I initially thought all that noise going on in the background were rats in his place when Sarah and Mrs S were cleanin up!  I was like,eeew, that's disgusting! His house is full of rats? And then Sarah did find a mouse!

Alison to Sarah-    "Clean up your doo doo."  Ha! also loved the glove she made without the pinky for Vic. Took me a second to notice that.

Wanted to hear more of the phone call that Cosima made to Sarah about Kira.  Aw, Sarah wants to help Cos. I thought she'd be really mad finding know that Kira is being drawn more into everything.

I'm so dumb,I didn't know what the hell Kira was up to with the string around the door. Thought it was some kind of booby trap.

Like everyone else, loved Sarah as Alison.Loved the way Maslany played it because it wasn't supposed to be great impersonation of her. It was spur of the moment,on the fly Alison. Great comedic moment.

ETA- because Alison was talking to Sarah,not Vic when she said "Clean up your doo doo."

Edited by Valny
  • Love 2

Alison and Felix are always comedy gold for me, but I like the addition of Vic in their little club.  Vic's face was hilarious when Alison was leaving after she had told him that she let Aynsley die.  I also cracked up at Vic referring to Paul as "Nail Gun Ken" and Fe bashing Vic's head against the wall when he was carrying him down the hallway.

I also thought that it was funny how Alison decorated all of the nametags with flowers except for Donnie's.  His was just a blue and white nametag with his name written on it.  She is so passive-aggressive with him.

Aw, Kira yanked out her tooth for her Auntie Cosima.  I too didn't understand what she was doing at first.  I thought that she was locking her parents out of the camper or something like that.

You know, the science part of this show is actually my least favorite part.  I would be happy just to spend the entire hour watching the clones go about their daily lives.

• Love 4

I think my favorite part of this episode may have been Donnie's little post-it note name tag (especially compared to the ones she made for Oscar and Gemma).  Alison might be super passive-aggressive sometimes, but she is definitely not subtle.  I'm really glad Alison and Donnie finally had it out.  I don't know what exactly I'm hoping will happen there, other than generally wanting Alison to have whatever she wants in life, but I think it was a huge step for them.  Maybe now they can bond over accidentally killing people that they kind of did but kind of didn't actually want to kill.  

I also like how quickly everyone finds stuff out on this show, but I really love that they don't create conflict for conflict's sake.  Like, I love that Cosima found out that they were Kira's stem cells and that she told Sarah about it, but the best part was that Sarah's immediate reaction was that she needs to get her more, if that's what's going to help her, and Kira even pulled out her own tooth (on a side note: doing that with your own tooth is pretty hardcore; every time I've seen the door method used, it's with someone else actually closing the door while the kid having their tooth pulled tries not to freak out too much).  

• Love 2

Holy crap! Creepy Leekie was Tarantinoed! I never thought Donnie was going to become much of anything other than a boring one-note character. 

Cal is still a doll. Love him. Please don't hurt him.

This show was thoroughly enjoyable, and a big part of that was the absence of the creepy religious cult. They make my skin crawl. I did miss Art, though.

So what should be done for Cosima? Can't Sarah just FedEx some of Kira's baby teeth to her? She doesn't have to physically take Kira into DYAD, does she? 

Paul has been keeping his clothes on. Not sure that I like that.

• Love 8

I love that, while Sarah's done pretty well pretending to be other clones in the past, Sarah as Alison as Donnie was just too much for her. And I'll never get over how well Tatiana manages to sound like one clone playing another and getting the accent slightly wrong.

• Love 5

My jaw literally fell open when Leekie... leaked. Rainbow splatter, people! OH MY GOD.

It's interesting that Allison said she loved Donnie. I wonder why she never told him about being a clone, once she found out. She didn't always know about being monitored, so she didn't always suspect him.

I love Cosima. If she were real, I'd want to date her. I was so proud of how she told off Delphine.

Vic's head smashing against the doorway was so good.

How did Allison knit those gloves while her arm was in a sling? I knit, and I can tell you-- doing it one handed is an unimaginable feat. Allison's desire to trust, and confide, really does make it even more strange that she never told Donnie anything, though.

Kira is badass like Mrs S.

I have no idea what to expect next episode. I would love it if Rachel joined clone club and we could have everyone on the same page. I find both the conspiracy and the sciencey stuff far secondary to the Adventures of the Sestrahood. But I suspect the show will stick with the warfare and secret stuff. We'll see.

Oh, and if Sarah trusted Cal with Kira, why doesn't she trust him with any info about what is happening? He looks like he could be a real asset with his money and his technical skills.

"Ken the Nail Gun" was a perfect reference to Paul. Vic may be a dick but he's funny.

Detective Angie looks a lot like the woman Leekie and Rachel seemed to report to. I assume it's just a facial recognition problem on my end, but someone tell me if it is actually the same actress or a lookalike, okay? And how can I so easily tell the different clones apart, when I have trouble telling apart characters who aren't even played by the same person?

• Love 1
(edited)
Detective Angie looks a lot like the woman Leekie and Rachel seemed to report to. I assume it's just a facial recognition problem on my end, but someone tell me if it is actually the same actress or a lookalike, okay?

Nope,they are definitely different actresses @possibilities.

I love that Cosima found out that they were Kira's stem cells.

Ok, so was Scott the one who told her or she surmised it on her own? 

You know, the science part of this show is actually my least favorite part.
Mine too. I like Cosima but her stuff at Dyad weren't doing anything for me. It definitely was the least interesting part for me.   Don't kill me but a co-worker and I were emailing back and forth yesterday about the show and I told her, I hate to say this (and sorry Cosima lovers) but I want to see Cosima start to get a lot sicker(but not die of course) since they had been saying how bad this respiratory thing is supposed to be. I guess I'll be getting my wish next week! Yay?

Only three more episodes!! No, no no!

Edited by Valny
  • Love 1

Oh my god! Just when I think this show cannot get any better, it somehow manages to blow me away. On any other show, Vic would have gone undetected by Alison, cosima would not have found out about Kira, and certainly wouldn't have called Sarah. But here, people find out what they need to. The audience gets new answers and questions every week. The story moves along at lightening speed and I love it. Poor Donnie! Sarah as Alison as Donnie was hilarious. Only bad part, no Helena.

Mostly because they just don't have the time. Other shows can draw out the suspense and dramatic irony because they have 12, 13, 20 episodes to play with. Orphan Black has 10 episodes a season and we only have three episodes left now. While I'm sad that we get such short seasons of this show, I'm also appreciative of no filler episodes, no writing themselves into corners because they have to draw plotlines out over multiple episodes, no pacing issues, minimal plotholes and continuity errors, and no actor fatigue because they're not spending 10 months out of the year filming the show. 

I'm an impatient person so I'm glad that the characters find out what they need to know immediately. Hell, any other show, Sarah wouldn't have found out she was a clone for several episodes in the first season.

• Love 1

Wow, amazing fakeout with Donnie not knowing the essential truth about Alison. He was just an unwitting pawn all along, which makes his buffoonery in the cemetary all that more consistent with his status as a monitor. He really is a monitor, just a buffoony, kept-in-the-dark monitor. I thought we knew all we had to know about him, but I honestly didn't see that twist coming.

Detective Angie looks a lot like the woman Leekie and Rachel seemed to report to. I assume it's just a facial recognition problem on my end, but someone tell me if it is actually the same actress or a lookalike, okay? And how can I so easily tell the different clones apart, when I have trouble telling apart characters who aren't even played by the same person?

The new heavy is genre veteran Michelle Forbes. Great to see her joining the cast, she seems perfect in that character.

And Leekie really got, well, leaky. That made me physically jump.

Holy crap! Creepy Leekie was Tarantinoed!

Exactly my reaction – I said, "That was so Pulp Fiction!"

• Love 1

Geez, what spandex camo store does Sarah get her clothes? And does she OWN a hairbrush? She looked skeeved out this ep. 

Did anyone else notice the scene where Sarah and Alison were together in the room was kind of 'off'? To me it didn't feel as seamless as past eps, most notably Helena and Sarah in the bathroom that was a total work of fucking ART.

I missed Helena terribly. 

With you that think the sciencey stuff is boring, but necessary. 

I hope Vic keeps his trap shut and I really don't care to see him any more. 

Poor leaking Leekie! That was a total "OH SHIT!!" moment for me when Donnie the turnip killed him. And now what? What does Donnie do? Dump the body on the side of the road and hit the car wash? How will he get out of THIS one? 

I also believe that nametag was the star of the show. Except there was Fe, bless him. Fe's my hero.

Kira's hardcore and I love her. Mrs. S is too and though I'm with Sarah in not really trusting her, I really like her and am convinced she has Kira's best interests as top priority. 

Rachel, even your breakdowns are cold as ice. Paul, what a lapdog you are turning out to be. 

Cal, marry me? 

Well, RIP, Leekie.  I actually got suspicious when Marion was introduced, because I wondered if she would be taking over as the new face of DYAD.  But I totally didn't not expect the way he died to happen.  At first, I thought Rachel was going to kill him on the spot. Then, I figured it was Paul that was tailing him.  But, nope.  It was a angry Donnie, who did it by accident.  Damn!  Nice twist, show!  I can't wait to see what trouble this will cause.  Still, I will miss seeing Matt Frewer on this show.

Pretty much all of Alison's stuff was just awesome, in my book.  I loved that she knitted VIc gloves, with only nine fingers.  That is strangely touching of her.  But everything from Alison finding out the truth, Felix getting involved, Sarah getting involved, Sarah pretending to be Alison pretending to be Donnie (damn, what can Tatiana Maslany not do?!), Felix knocking out Vic, Felix/Alison hiding Vic's body from Angie, and, of course, Donnie finding out about the clones.  Loved his reaction and that he was unaware about that aspect.  I'm sure the Alison/Donnie stuff is going to be insane.

I wonder what is going to go on with Angie case now, and if she has another plan.  Oh, and what Vic will do, now that he can't be undercover anymore.  If this is it for him this season, I"m cool with it.  But I'm glad they found a way to bring him back for a few episodes.

So, they need Kira's DNA for this cure, or all the clones are boned?  Yeah, this is going to be problematic.  I knew Delphine was going to regret trying to keep it from Cosima.  Their relationship might be in a wee bit of trouble now.  But I don't see how this is going to work out.  No way will Sarah (or Mrs. S) will ever let DYAD get their hands on Kira.

Glad they're finally moving forward with the Rachel character and I wonder how she's going to handle being Leekie-less.

Interested in the Marion character.  For some reason, I really want to see her face off against Mrs. S.  I feel like Michelle Forbes and Maria Doyle Kennedy would be great in a scene together.

No update on the Helena stuff.  I guess they're still on the road.

• Love 2
(edited)

The one thing Maslany's acting can't overcome is Rachel's cheap lace-front. Those were some rough close-up shots.

And I fully expect Alison to clean up Donnie's mess. Can't let murder ruin her happiness again.

Edited by DanMSchro
  • Love 1

"I *may* have spiked the tea."

Good for hero Kira. Everyone's so worried about her. Well, she's smart enough to understand what's going on!

Did they have to film the Sarah/Alison scene (before Donnie walked in) in front of a mirror? I mean it is hard enough filming with the two clones, and then throw in a mirror.

I saw Michelle Forbes in the credits. "Oh, I bet she'll be playing her usual goody two shoes character that she always plays." She played *exactly* who I thought she would. 

I love Cosima. If she were real, I'd want to date her.

I would too. And she would say no. But, I have a PhD too, so we still would have a lot to talk about and she'd invite me to tea after lunch. It would work out.

Hell, any other show, Sarah wouldn't have found out she was a clone for several episodes in the first season.

No, this would be the 'big reveal' at the end of the season for Sarah. We'd have been hit over the head with it for hours at a time. 

This is really the kind of show that's a runaway train and a longer episode season just wouldn't work. Sarah's really a shark. She does not stop. 

He really is a monitor, just a buffoony, kept-in-the-dark monitor. I thought we knew all we had to know about him, but I honestly didn't see that twist coming.

In hindsight, this was well-knit together. This was the only thing about last season that I was rolling my eyes about at the end because I wasn't buying that Donnie was a "monitor" like Paul-monitor. I didn't buy that he was playing this buffoon. Turns out he wasn't. Another point to TPTB for actually having a plan in place. Oh, you mean if I actually pay attention to details and watch the show closely, I'll actually be rewarded with a plot paying off. Imagine that!

Although there were some wacky bits to this episode, I actually thought they were necessary. This has been a heavy season. And, it really turned on a dime. 

Kudos to KB. When Alison bitched out Donnie for being so stupid and stormed out, he got *sinister*. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I really enjoyed this episode -- two very different family days !

But I'd like to take the writers to (a small) task for the Kira tooth reveal.. As far as I can remember, the show never dropped any clues in previous episodes about Kira missing a tooth, This  is too bad as it comes across like a real plot development cheat. Previously, it seemed the show was teasing a new character, then this episode it was just "oh, and Leekie got the tooth from the hospital- The End (of this mystery).

I can't fault them to much though, even someone as august as Agatha Christie has been know to pull out a "Long lost cousin from Rhodesia"  that the reader has never heard about to end the mystery.

But this is small thing. This show is fantastically engaging -- I have not been so glued to the TV  so riveted with trying to figure out 'WTF is going on here' since the Prisoner.

Be seeing you.

Edited by ShaggyDog
  • Love 3

Aw, Kira yanked out her tooth for her Auntie Cosima.  I too didn't understand what she was doing at first.  I thought that she was locking her parents out of the camper or something like that.

I understood all too well what Kira was doing, During a commercial while the show was airing, I flossed my teeth and a part of previously broken tooth flew out. Just like I imagine Kira's little tooth flew out after she tied floss/string to it and slammed the door. I found myself wondering if I could use the DNA in my tooth to benefit someone.

And Kira's devotion to Auntie Cosima brought tears to my eyes. Even though she does not know her aunt well, there is a loving connection. I would have done the same for my aunties, and I'm sure my nieces wouldn't think twice about doing what they could for me if it meant saving my life.

But the end of the episode . . . . I shouted "NO!!!" at my TV. You can't just kill off Matt Frewer! Please, make him only injured in a messy, bloody manner, not dead! Yes, I heard the preview where Rachel said that Leekie had suffered a fatal heart attack, but didn't we also hear that Ethan Duncan had been killed in a fire, and look where he is now! Alive, and on our TV screens!

I refuse to believe it until I see the dead body, buried and gone, gone, gone. I want more Matt Frewer!

• Love 1

Did anyone else notice the scene where Sarah and Alison were together in the room was kind of 'off'? To me it didn't feel as seamless as past eps, most notably Helena and Sarah in the bathroom that was a total work of fucking ART.

I thought it was amazing because (as ganesh mentioned) they were standing in front of a mirror, and it all matched up perfectly. I thought to myself, "Okay, they're just showing off now."

• Love 5

When Paul made his entrance into the house, I thought he had a suitably, slightly-embarrassed little smile after his participation in Rachel's sex game.

This is the first character Michelle Forbes has played that I actually might enjoy seeing. Of course, part of that is the show itself. I finally dropped The Killing.

...now Ali and Donny have something new in common..

A fascinating and creative plot twist. When Rachel said, "...you might survive," to Leekie, I wonder what she thought would really get him. If only that taxi had stopped...but instead Donnie and Allison might bond.

I can just imagine Tatiana's reaction when they told her, "Today, you'll be playing Sarah as Alison...as Donnie!"

I'd love to know if the script actually read the way she delivered it: "So I'm supposed to be Allison being Donnie."

I hope they scripted/directed Vic's head bonk on the wall and Michael Mando didn't get bonked for reals. He does have pretty eyes, but Sarah acts like she was never into him, and I can't figure out if she ever was, since it's clear she can do so much better.

If I was Sarah and had a brother/best friend Felix and a baby Daddy Cal, I'd be happy to run away to Iceland. I didn't understand why she didn't leave Kira with Cal--does that mean she doesn't trust him? Wasn't the one tooth's worth of stem cells sufficient? And, if not, is poor Kira going to wind up wearing the gloves Allison knit for Vic???

BTW: Those gloves were so cute. I'm guessing with her broken arm, she didn't knit them; she just altered them for him.

• Love 1

.........But I'd like to take the writers to (a small) task for the Kira tooth reveal.. As far as I can remember, the show never dropped any clues in previous episodes about Kira missing a tooth, This  is too bad as it comes across like a real plot development cheat. Previously, it seemed the show was teasing a new character, then this episode it was just "oh, and Leekie got the tooth from the hospital- The End (of this mystery).......

But @ShaggyDog, with all due respect, remember that Kira is seven years old! Kids her age will be losing their baby teeth, whether they are in a car crash or not. The show may not have come out and announced that Kira had lost a tooth, but any child her age who loses a tooth is pretty much a non-event. The hospital scenes quite rightly focused on the trauma of the accident and the unexpected miraculous recovery. I don't think it's a plot development cheat at all.

In fact, several viewers mentioned on this forum and others that Kira could possibly be the source of the tooth DNA simply by virtue of her age. The only mystery is how the tooth DNA-pulp -- or whatever the magic cure-all stuff is called -- landed in the hands of the powers that be. And the show answered that mystery this week.

• Love 5
(edited)

I've always wondered weather 'Weekend at Bernie's' could be adapted to a weekly TV series. Now I have my answer, 'cos I'd watch Felix & Ali  & Vic do that shit every week. I loved it when Felix brushed the glitter off his sweater.

How come all these scientists can't figure out how to put a GPS on the clones?

Edited by insubordination
  • Love 1

I thought it was amazing because (as ganesh mentioned) they were standing in front of a mirror, and it all matched up perfectly. I thought to myself, "Okay, they're just showing off now."

Hah! My exact words, I swear. 

Holy shit! I need to rewatch because I have to be to work in 4 hours so my exhausted ass has to sleep, but.........it appears Admiral Cain is going to be running DYAD.

That is awesomely terrifying.

Holy shit! I need to rewatch because I have to be to work in 4 hours so my exhausted ass has to sleep, but.........it appears Admiral Cain is going to be running DYAD.

That is awesomely terrifying.

"I want you to promise me, that when the time comes, you won't flinch".

Really interested to see more of Marian.  Is she part of the original Project LEDA?  Leekie seemed quite defferential to her, and he was all but shitting himself at the end after hearing her on the phone.  It will also be interesting to see how things play out for Delphine and Cosima now that Rachel is seemingly in direct control.  And speaking of Cosima.... Things just aren't coming up good for her.  I am really worried she isn't going to make it out of this season... D:  I kinda like that Delphine is going to the lengths she is to help Cosima - even if she does save Cosima's life, she might Cos' heart.

I don't think it's so much that Sarah doesn't trust Cal, as that she feels she's already dragged people close to her into this mess, and giving him the full lowdown would just entangle him in it, too. Right now, he's pretty well outside of things, and that's to everyone's benefit.

• Love 2

I just spent the last 44 minutes saying, "Oh my God," and, "Oh no," over and over again. I did not see any of that coming. This show!

I think my favorite part was Cal saying good-bye to Kira. He taught her a phone number for emergencies. OMG. Cal, if Sarah doesn't want to run away with you, I will. No questions asked. Anytime.

Has Kira ever met Cosima? Or even seen her on Skype? I just rewatched both seasons with my parents, but I can't think of a time that Kira ever saw Cosima. Did she just hear about her from Felix or something?

• Love 1
(edited)

Once again, Victor shows what an idiot he is. Never have a private secret conversation WITH THE DOOR OPEN. If you can manage to close it 90% of the way, why would you wait until after you got on the phone to actually shut it? From a practical point of view, it's against the rules to have a cell phone in rehab so he should have shut his door anyway to keep from getting caught breaking the rules.

On a similar note, Delphine was stupid to have that conversation in the hallway with Scott. I have no training in spycraft or How to Be Sneaky, but if three people work together and two of them want to have a private conversation, the hallway at work is not the best idea.

Poor Alison. She thought she had finally found a friend who was there to listen to her and then she found out he was just spying on her. And after she made special gloves for him too! Heh, I loved when he asked, "Are those for me?" and she indicated the missing finger with a "duh!" look. I kind of loved watching them do arts and crafts together. She had one arm in a sling and he had one hand all bandaged but they were still going at it.

it was funny how Alison decorated all of the nametags with flowers except for Donnie's.  His was just a blue and white nametag with his name written on it.  She is so passive-aggressive with him.

She really is. Not only did she leave his nametag totaly undecorated but he kept asking her to hand it to him and she just totally ignored him. To be honest, I thought she would at least fake being nice to him until she got out of rehab, just to be on the safe side but I guess she was acting with Sarah's recklessness. I loved Donnie's impression of her too. He stood straight up and put his hand on his chest.

Cal obviously doesn't have much experience as a dad - when a kid makes noise in her sleep, the solution is not to just put another blanket on top of her. You rub her head or her back or sing her a song or something! Heh, I loved that he thought that he was being so sneaky about the Dyad website only to realize they were watching him (for the record, that's why so many people I know have a piece of black tape over the webcam on their laptops). But I guess this shows that he hasn't been working with Dyad all along.

I really felt for Sarah and Mrs. S having to through Duncan's House of Hoarding. Ugh. At least she was wearing gloves so she didn't have to touch anything (like that dead mouse).

Seeing Cosima in those stirrups freaked me out. You don't know what they're really doing to you, girl! What if they're actually impregnating you? Or giving you a weird disease? And I thought that even before Leekie said he was developing an artificial womb which just made me even more suspicious.

When I saw Duncan's floppy discs, I thought gawd, where in the hell are they going to find an old enough computer that can read those things?

I LOVE Sarah impersonating Alison. The way she said, "Mmm hmm" to the nurse was hilarious. Also loved that she was smart enough to cover her forehead with her hand so the nurse wouldn't notice that Alison no longer had bangs. When Alison came back into her room, I thought the first thing she would ask is what Felix had done to all of her feathers and glitter!

Part of me felt bad that Felix's solution to the Vic situation was to drug someone who is in rehab. Dude! What is going to happen when Vic wakes up though? He could still rat out Alison and Sarah to Angela. I felt a little bad for him when he was sincerely trying to apologize to Sarah and tell her that he had changed and she was like, "Good for you - see ya!" But I'm glad that she acknowledged that they were like two runaway trains (or something to that effect).

I also felt bad for Cal. He fled the scene of a crime (and not just any scene - a dead cop at his house so he can't really ever go back), took care of a kid who he didn't know he had, and now Sarah shows up to say, "Thanks for babysitting but I'm going to bring my kid to the shady organization I told you to hide her from." Whatever their relationship issues are (and there are a lot), Kira is still his child and Sarah is giving him no say in this at all. I understand that her heart is in the right place because she is trying to save Cosima, but she makes decisions on her own and then informs other people.

Sarah as Alison role playing with Donnie was awesome. I loved when Sarah realized she was slipping and said "her" like three times to get back into Sarah's voice. One thing I liked about it was that Sarah showed that she really does care about Alison and was offended by Donnie's treatment of Alison on her sister's behalf. I know that Sarah and Alison aren't as easy or obvious in their affection for each other as they are with Felix, but I thought it was a nice touch that despite Sarah sometimes being very short with Alison, she clearly feels protective of her.

I also loved that when Alison confronted Donnie, Sarah quietly got her coat but when she tapped Felix to tell him they should leave, he gave her this hand gesture like, "But I want to stay and watch!" I'm really glad that we finally found out exactly how Donnie got into this monitor situation. No blackmail (like Paul), just Donnie blindly believing that spying on his girlfriend was totally benign.

When I saw a car following Leekie, I thought that there was a backup plan to kill Leekie and that maybe Paul had been assigned the task, but once I saw it was Donnie I thought oh, this is not going to end well. I actually thought he would lose his temper and hurt Leekie but of course it turned out that bumbling Donnie accidentally killed him which is so apropos for his character. I think that if he goes to Alison, she will realize that even though she feels betrayed by him, she still loves him enough that she doesn't want him to go to jail for accidentally killing Leekie (or have Dyad get their hands on him - since she doesn't know about Sarah and Mrs. S's plan, she will probably be terrified that Dyad will try to punish her and/or Donnie for killling Leekie).

Paul continues to be so much more interesting as Team Paul instead of Team Sarah. He's really inscrutable right now and I like it much more than schmoopy Paul. I loved when he told Mrs. S that he could see where Sarah got her proclivity to burn it all down. Heh.

I was under the impression that Rachel was being promoted into Leekie's position. Or is Marion the new HBIC?

either the audio on BBCAmerica is frakked, or I need a hearing aid.

I had to rewind a couple of times to re-listen and there were some lines that I still couldn't decipher after hearing them 2-3 times.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Seeing Cosima in those stirrups freaked me out. You don't know what they're really doing to you, girl! What if they're actually impregnating you?

My thoughts exactly. I even wondered if they were showing her fake videos of the scope instead of live. But then I recalled last episodes when Cosima discovered the tumors began in her uterus and decided this was a genuine procedure. Of course, it could turn out there was something else going on too.

When I saw Duncan's floppy discs, I thought gawd, where in the hell are they going to find an old enough computer that can read those things?

At Amazon, of course: http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-External-Floppy-Drive-FL-UDRV/dp/B00E9MD700/

The harder part would be getting the right software to read the data.

I also felt bad for Cal. He fled the scene of a crime (and not just any scene - a dead cop at his house so he can't really ever go back), took care of a kid who he didn't know he had, and now Sarah shows up to say, "Thanks for babysitting but I'm going to bring my kid to the shady organization I told you to hide her from."

On another show this would have had me scoffing at the writing, but here, even though I felt the same outrage as you, Boogaloo, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt to have this make sense. Upthread are some decent excuses to tide us over for now. Edited by shapeshifter
(edited)

Wow -- I loved the ending scene, although I think Rachel and Marion will turn out to be more evil. After all, we've already seen Rachel sick Psychopath Daniel on Sarah and withhold Cosima's treatment until Sarah "comes to heal," so I'm not sold on her being at all good.

Too bad Donny didn't accidentally shoot Vic the dick and annoying Angie. I'm pretty tired of both of them.

That scene with Cosima getting injected creeped me out. And I thought it was weird that Delphine tried to make it romantic -- that didn't work for me.

Loved Sarah as Alison as Donnie! And Felix of course. I was not at all surprised that Donnie wasn't in on the clone secret. That was consistent with last season and Cosima's "double blind" theory. I would have been way more surprised if he had been in on it.

I don't think Paul is inscrutable -- he lied to Leekie to protect Sarah yet again. He told Leekie Sarah never met Ethan Duncan, but I'm sure he knows she did.

Edited by Sarah-phile

I always love this show, and I love the way they shoot Cosima and Delphine most of the time but the romantic, almost sexual interaction while Cosima was in the stirrups and a third party doctor was preparing to do a vaginal examination was very icky to me.  I can't imagine any woman finding that situation appealing, and it didn't work for me at all.  That's about the only thing that didn't work, but it really took me out of it.  Not every bit of science can be sexy!

• Love 8

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see the Cosima/Delphine treatment scene as particularly sexual or romantic. I'll admit the shots of the leg and stomach caresses might have been gratuitous, but I ultimately saw the scene as Delphine (who we've seen isn't shy about displays of affection) trying to comfort someone she loves the only way she knows how. Cosima was clearly freaked out to the point of tears (or at least one tear, which Delphine wiped away), and Delphine responded with holding her hand, giving her two chaste kisses, and resting her head on her shoulder. I don't think Delphine was about to jump her bones or anything.

As much as I loved all the clone shenanigans at the rehab center, I couldn't help but wonder why no one called Art to run interference with DeAngelis?

• Love 2

I think any woman who has ever been to the ob-gyn would not want someone kissing her in that situation. I feel like that scene was written by a man. I was ok with their trying to make the shot scene romantic (from episode 5 or 6) but not this one. Even thinking about it now kind of grosses me out.

• Love 2
(edited)

Edited: My bad, Aubrey Nealon is a dude.

But my other comments still stand. As a woman who helped her wife go through IVF (which involved multiple, similar examinations), I will say I offered comfort when my wife was freaked out. So I had no problem with the Cosima/Delphine scene, but YMMV as they say.

Edited by jaybear1701
  • Love 1
(edited)
But the end of the episode . . . . I shouted "NO!!!" at my TV. You can't just kill off Matt Frewer! Please, make him only injured in a messy, bloody manner, not dead! Yes, I heard the preview where Rachel said that Leekie had suffered a fatal heart attack, but didn't we also hear that Ethan Duncan had been killed in a fire, and look where he is now! Alive, and on our TV screens!

I refuse to believe it until I see the dead body, buried and gone, gone, gone. I want more Matt Frewer!

He was shot in the head point blank.  His brains were splattered all over the window.  He's not just dead, he's really dead in a closed casket kind of dead.

I can't decide if Donnie's job resignation was the worst ever or the best ever.

I read somewhere that Vic's stuntman broke his nose on the table when the drugs kicked in.  :o  Felix drugging Vic while in rehab was evil.

Also need to chime in on the Allison love.  Loved the gloves, loved the clean up your doodoo......she talks like her children are always in the room, but then to Felix "I can't go to jail, I don't have the temperament....in the shower if they touch me, I will cut them."  That is the beast line EVER!  I may even do a crossstitch throw pillow with that on it.

Edited by whyjen8
(edited)

I read somewhere that Vic's stuntman broke his nose on the table when the drugs kicked in. :o.

:~(

It looked bad to me. I thought Vic was going to be another body in the morgue.

Edited by shapeshifter

I just found out that the actors who play Alison and Donnie's kids are brother and sister IRL. Their names are Drew and Millie Davis. I hope that they get to interact with Kira soon because that would be all kinds of awesome since Kira would run circles around them.

My favorite part of the episode was the adventures of Alison, Felix and Vic.

What I love about this show is you never know what is going to happen next because I didn't expect that Leekie would get shot by Donnie.

• Love 1