Type keyword(s) to search

Band Of Brothers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

If Doc Roe had a morphine problem, Ambrose would likely have mentioned it. For example Ambrose mentions the alcohol problems Skinny Sisk had. If Doc Roe had an issue he'd have likely mentioned it too. And nowhere I've seen online mentions any substance abuse issues for him. 

• Love 1

Someone on Facebook marketplace was selling the BluRay set of the series for $15 so I picked it up.i watched the first two episodes last night. I probably hadn't seen it in at least 15 years. I remembered that the story and acting were great but it was cool to see how good it looked visually. When I watched it last time it was probably whenever it was on Canadian network tv (so probably a few years after it came out). And I probably watched it on maybe a 19 inch SD tv. So even though the TV I have now is kind of old watching the blue ray on a much bigger flat screen was really cool.

Also fun to watch for future famous people. My favourite so far is Simon Pegg as Sobel's driver.

• Love 3

So on Dday this year  i convinced my 13 daughter who was learning about WWII in class to watch w me. Tonight we got to “Why we Fight” and it was so important for her to see that. She had learned about the Holocaust but seeing it from the point of view of the soldiers who could not comprehend  what they were seeing I thinI was helpful to her. I just love this series, it’s such an important piece of artistic work. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
On 6/19/2023 at 10:09 PM, Paws said:

Tonight we got to “Why we Fight” and it was so important for her to see that. She had learned about the Holocaust but seeing it from the point of view of the soldiers who could not comprehend  what they were seeing I thinI was helpful to her. I just love this series, it’s such an important piece of artistic work. 

I show the clip of the troops entering the camp in my history class.

• Applause 4