Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: The Citation Negation

4 hours ago, jumper sage said:

If I may bring up Kripke - when he laughed at Sheldon and his believing the can opener in The Electric Can Opener Fluctuation, Sheldon said that Einstein also had to retract his conformation of his hypothesis and then Kripke said that yes but it was later proven true.  Just that alone should have had them doing more research.

I'm assuming/fanwanking that the equations in the Russian paper are still valid and disprove the Shamy theory. And, yes, at least one half of Shamy should have discovered this earlier, but they didn't.

I wonder if this will be the end of this plot entirely. They could either 1) have Shamy literally go back to the drawing board, or 2) have a relationship crisis in which they believe they do better work apart from each other.

• Love 2

I was bothered by the whole "Checking citations" thing, because wouldn't you do that as you went along? The only way I could Fanwank it was to say that Shamy were asking Leonard to look to see if the citations they'd made were correctly cited. That would be a bitch to do, but having somebody looking to check that the paper was in the September 2000 issue of Scientific American and not the October edition would be maybe worthwhile? I mean, I assume you'd do most of that online these days, but it would make more sense for the plot.

Liked that Bernadette wasn't instantly able to beat Howard at not-Call of Duty after a little coaching. Howard wastes dedicates hours of his life to computer games - it takes time to pick up competence!

• Love 2