Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
dreamcatcher

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I don't mind Nicole's wraps, but Cassie's shoes and her bridesmaids shoes were hideous.

Couldn't agree more!  And her engagement ring always bugged me because it looked so cloudy and fake. 

thumbnail (2).png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I don't mind Nicole's wraps, but Cassie's shoes and her bridesmaids shoes were hideous.

I liked Melissa’s special shoes, the turquoise Converse cause, well turquoise, but didn’t like the chunky red shoes they wore for the ceremony.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I also liked the turquoise Converse, they were cute! But the red KISS shoes were horrible.

Agree on the rings! The band is really pretty but that center stone, eek. I've noticed it's cloudiness on her hand as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, allirish47 said:

Re Nicole & how lovely she looked, I wonder if Cousin Randy helped her choose her dress.

 

About another former DCC, Kandi Harris Mahan is in the news, & not for a good reason:

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/amid-personal-turmoil-jason-enloe-steps-down-smu

If I remember right, the wedding was planned so quickly, Cousin Randy didn't have time but offered his help any way he could.

And regarding Kandi, if it's true - why worry about the policy at that time, and as for MIL - it should be up to Dad to decide if/when daughters get the jewelry. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

That article certainly has a sympathetic slant towards him, but what an awful situation. Curious how it’ll all shake out. Clearly a LOT of distrust between him and the deceased’s family. There’s probably three sides to the story and who knows where the truth lies  I feel terrible for the two little girls caught in the middle without their mom.

“According to a civil lawsuit filed Nov. 8, 2019, in Dallas County, Texas, Enloe alleges that, while Katie was "on her deathbed," fighting cancer, Katie’s sister, Kandi Mahan (the wife of PGA Tour player Hunter Mahan), and mother, Debra Breaux, orchestrated a scheme to change the beneficiary designation of the $500,000 life-insurance policy that Enloe had purchased. In addition, Enloe claims that Mahan and Breaux took jewelry, watches and other valuables worth an estimated $60,000 from his house without his permission.”

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/7/2020 at 3:08 PM, kalibean said:

That article certainly has a sympathetic slant towards him, but what an awful situation. Curious how it’ll all shake out. Clearly a LOT of distrust between him and the deceased’s family. There’s probably three sides to the story and who knows where the truth lies  I feel terrible for the two little girls caught in the middle without their mom.

“According to a civil lawsuit filed Nov. 8, 2019, in Dallas County, Texas, Enloe alleges that, while Katie was "on her deathbed," fighting cancer, Katie’s sister, Kandi Mahan (the wife of PGA Tour player Hunter Mahan), and mother, Debra Breaux, orchestrated a scheme to change the beneficiary designation of the $500,000 life-insurance policy that Enloe had purchased. In addition, Enloe claims that Mahan and Breaux took jewelry, watches and other valuables worth an estimated $60,000 from his house without his permission.”

When my hubby of 30 years passed, his oldest sister tried to undermine some of the process of moving forward. Apparently I wasn't doing things the way she thought the should be done. What she didn't know was that he & I discussed everything all during the 30+ years we were together. Where his stuff was going, what I was keeping, etc. She kept at me over the first few weeks....until after his celebration of life, which was perfect for him. If you aren't sure how things will go down after a death GET IT IN WRITING...

  • Like 7
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so sorry for your loss, @CrazyMoon, and that it was compounded by family battles. I recognize the sympathetic slant towards the widow, but honestly, Kandi's defense sounds weak to me. Why would a mother not entrust the finances, heirlooms, and schooling of her children to their father? The date of changing the beneficiaries is wildly suspicious to me, and I'd be hard pressed to think that someone who is actively dying from cancer is operating at full mental capacity. If she had been so concerned about what her husband would do with that money and her jewelry, I'd think she would have changed her policy sooner. And if she was that worried about her husband's inability to care properly for her children, including managing their finances, I would think there would have been additional legal efforts to do something about custody. But, to leave him with the care of their daughters and to take away her life insurance policy to make it harder to secure her kids' financial futures--that sounds fishy to me. But yes, as someone posted above, there likely are multiple sides to this story, as with every story. I wish him well and the best for those little girls.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

Why would a mother not entrust the finances, heirlooms, and schooling of her children to their father?

Two reasons come to mind...either Kandi & her mom are manipulative, or he's not as sweet as he seems as the "grieving widower".  Maybe he has some vices and she was worried that the money wouldn't go to the girls.  It is sad, but I believe Kandi and the mom that there's a lot more going on that he's not owning up to.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/7/2020 at 6:08 PM, kalibean said:

That article certainly has a sympathetic slant towards him, but what an awful situation. Curious how it’ll all shake out. Clearly a LOT of distrust between him and the deceased’s family. There’s probably three sides to the story and who knows where the truth lies  I feel terrible for the two little girls caught in the middle without their mom.

“According to a civil lawsuit filed Nov. 8, 2019, in Dallas County, Texas, Enloe alleges that, while Katie was "on her deathbed," fighting cancer, Katie’s sister, Kandi Mahan (the wife of PGA Tour player Hunter Mahan), and mother, Debra Breaux, orchestrated a scheme to change the beneficiary designation of the $500,000 life-insurance policy that Enloe had purchased. In addition, Enloe claims that Mahan and Breaux took jewelry, watches and other valuables worth an estimated $60,000 from his house without his permission.”

(Disclaimer: IANAL)If he bought the policy, wouldn’t he be the only one who could change the beneficiary?  Re:the jewelry—It seems to me that unless there was a will legally giving the items to the sister and Mom, then it would all belong to the spouse as next of kin. I’ll be interested to see what happens. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Lord yes, wills for everyone! I don’t even have any children and I have one.  Makes it easier for everyone when things are just spelled out. That said, Kandi and her mom could be rotten people. Or that jewelry and Rolex could have been from their side of the family. He could have been cheating on his sick wife. They just might not trust that he’ll do right by the girls. They could all three be awful people or all three be wonderful with good intentions. I hate to think anyone is truly evil, but death and assets do terrible things to normally good people all the time. Tears up families and friends. I just hope the two kiddos find peace and love and are relatively shielded from the drama best he can. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/7/2020 at 4:26 PM, scorpio1031 said:

If I remember right, the wedding was planned so quickly, Cousin Randy didn't have time but offered his help any way he could.

And regarding Kandi, if it's true - why worry about the policy at that time, and as for MIL - it should be up to Dad to decide if/when daughters get the jewelry. 

Exactly regarding the Enloe story!

Share this post


Link to post

It can very much be a surprise about how loved ones act during grief.  A colleague of mine, lost her boyfriend tragically & suddenly in a car accident.By the time she came home from thr ER, his mother & sister had packed into their cars most of the items the 2 of them had bought when they lived in Europe.  They ended up letting her keep 4 wine glasses & a rug acquired from 4 years of living together.  She was forever traumatized by this experience

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

It can very much be a surprise about how loved ones act during grief.  A colleague of mine, lost her boyfriend tragically & suddenly in a car accident.By the time she came home from thr ER, his mother & sister had packed into their cars most of the items the 2 of them had bought when they lived in Europe.  They ended up letting her keep 4 wine glasses & a rug acquired from 4 years of living together.  She was forever traumatized by this experience

Very true. I know someone who had a similar situation where basically everything was in the name of the boyfriend who died. Wills and trusts and any other written documentation as to who you want to inherit your property or make decisions for you are smart for everyone, but especially for couples who cohabitate but are not married. A spouse is the next of kin. A live-in boyfriend/girlfriend is not, and short of some documentation, the living person is at the mercy of the people who are. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

It can very much be a surprise about how loved ones act during grief.  A colleague of mine, lost her boyfriend tragically & suddenly in a car accident.By the time she came home from thr ER, his mother & sister had packed into their cars most of the items the 2 of them had bought when they lived in Europe.  They ended up letting her keep 4 wine glasses & a rug acquired from 4 years of living together.  She was forever traumatized by this experience

Don't give people keys to your home. EVER.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/9/2020 at 9:00 AM, M1977G said:

I'm so sorry for your loss, @CrazyMoon, and that it was compounded by family battles. I recognize the sympathetic slant towards the widow, but honestly, Kandi's defense sounds weak to me. Why would a mother not entrust the finances, heirlooms, and schooling of her children to their father? The date of changing the beneficiaries is wildly suspicious to me, and I'd be hard pressed to think that someone who is actively dying from cancer is operating at full mental capacity. If she had been so concerned about what her husband would do with that money and her jewelry, I'd think she would have changed her policy sooner. And if she was that worried about her husband's inability to care properly for her children, including managing their finances, I would think there would have been additional legal efforts to do something about custody. But, to leave him with the care of their daughters and to take away her life insurance policy to make it harder to secure her kids' financial futures--that sounds fishy to me. But yes, as someone posted above, there likely are multiple sides to this story, as with every story. I wish him well and the best for those little girls.

Thanks...it was a long hard road, he battled cancer for nearly 10 years until his body just said ENOUGH! There weren't battles, because I would allow anything to escalate. His sister claimed he'd confided in her...no, he never gave her an original thought in his whole life...she is a real manipulator but I was already very wise to her crap and didn't engage. She wanted to be central to all the things happening...I just ignored most of it. One of the things she wanted was a cookbook that had belonged to her mother...I told her I wasn't sure where it was then dropped the subject. I have since given it to my step-daughter, who treasures it...

There are several red flags in the Enloe story...

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know any of the parties involved in the Harris/Enloe legal fight but I have to wonder if Kandi and her family assumed they'd be raising the kids after her sister's death and not the father (which is weird). I'm sure there's plenty about all the parties involved we don't know but it smells bad all the way around.

My husband is an attorney (geek law, benefits and retirement) but I had to hound him for five years to get our wills done and health directives. I told him it was way too important to put off since we have a son and he agreed. It's a relief to have it all written down.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Just doing my rounds on social media, for some reason I’m really intrigued by Kelli Quinn’s divorce, maybe it’s the fact they were insanely loved up and could go 20 minutes without posting about each other to getting divorced only a couple of months later, also weird she didn’t have any DCC (that I saw) at her wedding I Know it wasn’t in Dallas, which I also thought was weird. 
a quick google showed me she filled for Divorce in October, does anyone have a clear reason why they got divorced? I can’t find anything! I’m speculating cheating on his part. 

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/14/2020 at 12:24 AM, char.texasqueen said:

Just doing my rounds on social media, for some reason I’m really intrigued by Kelli Quinn’s divorce, maybe it’s the fact they were insanely loved up and could go 20 minutes without posting about each other to getting divorced only a couple of months later, also weird she didn’t have any DCC (that I saw) at her wedding I Know it wasn’t in Dallas, which I also thought was weird. 
a quick google showed me she filled for Divorce in October, does anyone have a clear reason why they got divorced? I can’t find anything! I’m speculating cheating on his part. 

Kelli herself came on the forum to address this. It’s on page 55, but the speculation started on earlier pages. There isn’t any absolute confirmation of what happened, but she seemed to hint.

Regardless I actually thought it was really brave for her to confront it here directly. I’m sure every female on this forum has fallen for the wrong guy at one time or another. I know I have!

Go Kelli. God has major things planned for her. 

29B1636E-4907-4C5F-94B0-52CC0AE354FA.png

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post



I sometimes forget that both Gabby and Chandi were on the same college squad together at Arizona. As both are generally well-regarded by me and, I hope, others on the forum it makes me sad and a tad bit disappointed we never got to see them wear the Cowboys uniform together. 😞

(I know this is about a current member, but it's also about a former member as well so thought I'd post it here. If it doesn't belong here I guess move it to Current Squad? *shrugs*)

bEwjVln.jpg

Edited by Lona
  • Like 9
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Here’s Heather and Gabby.  And I am sure there is a pic somewhere of Megan C and Heather together on campus:)

 

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Here’s Heather and Gabby

 

Imagine a team with Heather, Gabby and Chandi. That would be fun! Three of my faves!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Lona said:

Imagine a team with Heather, Gabby and Chandi. That would be fun! Three of my faves!

And Megan C!  I added her name to my earlier post

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And Megan C!  I added her name to my earlier post

OH yeah, that's right! She was also cheered for the Wildcats! Haha, so many people from one school :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/15/2020 at 4:02 AM, evasworld123 said:

Kelli herself came on the forum to address this. It’s on page 55, but the speculation started on earlier pages. There isn’t any absolute confirmation of what happened, but she seemed to hint.

Regardless I actually thought it was really brave for her to confront it here directly. I’m sure every female on this forum has fallen for the wrong guy at one time or another. I know I have!

Go Kelli. God has major things planned for her. 

29B1636E-4907-4C5F-94B0-52CC0AE354FA.png

No woman on Earth ever deserves this. Not even Victoria.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/17/2020 at 8:36 AM, madmax84 said:

So it seems Holly Powell has been hired as a dancer in a burlesque show. Guess it fits for her

Here is a link to the opening number.  I like it.  Good for her.  It’s a paid gig, it’s a traveling show, and it’s about safe sex 👍🏽

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Here is a link to the opening number.  I like it.  Good for her.  It’s a paid gig, it’s a traveling show, and it’s about safe sex 👍🏽

 

It’s the Cell Block Tango from Chicago! I always thought her style would be a great fit for Bob Fosse’s choreography.  I’d love to see her do Cabaret.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Dang, I forget how good she can dance. No one on the current team comes close to her musicality.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/20/2020 at 8:02 AM, Tulip86 said:

Holly is also teaching NFL prep classes 

 

Holly is still one of my fave ever DCCs despite her issues. 

The only thing I don't like in this is one move she does facing the back waving her hands sideways. Looks like she's blowing a fart away.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

The only thing I don't like in this is one move she does facing the back waving her hands sideways. Looks like she's blowing a fart away.

Omg. 🤣🤣🤣 And I can hear them teaching the move in that descriptive way-

’Shut the car door, shut the car door..’

’Peel the banana, peel the banana..’

’Shoo shoo fart! Shoo shoo fart!…’

  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Does anyone know what year(s) Denise Garvey the NY Jets Flight Crew Director/Choreographer was a DCC? (I'm putting this here because her Jets bio lists she is a "former" DCC). ETA - Oh wow! I just noticed she is from the same "hometown" as former teen pop star Debbie Gibson! How cool!

https://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/DCC-2000s

Looks like in 2000, only one year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/21/2020 at 9:40 PM, Gingi1976 said:

Michelle Keys had a baby girl.

 

 

 

 

9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

 

Love that Michelle Keys is in full makeup with perfect contouring.  That’s impressive dedication.

Jordan seems to be in very little makeup and still looks absolutely beautiful. 

Both babies are adorable. Congrats to both. 

Edited to add: Damn, didn’t realize until just now that Jordan’s Instagram post said Tampa. I’ve been out of the country for past 2 weeks and didn’t realize NJ Devils traded Blake to the Lightning. He’s a (or *was*) fan favorite in NJ, is still pretty young, and had a low salary cap.  But for me Tampa>Jersey, so I’d call it a win!

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/7/2020 at 1:15 PM, allirish47 said:

Re Nicole & how lovely she looked, I wonder if Cousin Randy helped her choose her dress.

 

About another former DCC, Kandi Harris Mahan is in the news, & not for a good reason:

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/amid-personal-turmoil-jason-enloe-steps-down-smu

Kandi’s defense is weak. This is her sister’s husband and those are their kids.... a sister and a mother take a backseat. None of those things should’ve ever happened... this man has lost his wife and those children their mother. Kandi and her mother should put their own selfishness aside. Terrible. I doubt this is the entire story, but unless he has a gambling problem or something what they did is wrong. And in the end it’s the kids who will suffer the most because they’ll have no relationship with their grandparents or aunt. Greed is an ugly ugly thing. 

 

Furthermore- I find it hard to believe Kandi’s sister didn’t want to leave those two items for her children. I love my sister and my mom, but I would never leave them my engagement ring over my girls. And I’m pretty sure that from a legal standpoint, unless she physically gave them the items before she passed, once she passed away they are property of her spouse unless specifically given to someone else in her will. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Hello! I have been lurking on this forum for years but this is my first time posting. I've been trying to find this but so far I haven't been successful. Can someone explain the drama with Cersten? She was always one of my favorite DCCs because she had such great style but I've seen a lot of negative commentary about her being toxic, a mean girl, etc with no real backstory.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/1/2020 at 12:05 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Erica Jenkins has a new commercial.  And look, so does the Star😂

 

I didn't notice when she left the DCC. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Has anyone seen the latest picture posted by Kalyssa? She looks so much older, over injected and way too thin. I’m not even sure what look she’s going for. It doesn’t even look like her.  Very sad. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

She looks gorgeous in the pic she posted from Maxim, but everything else looks so odd. She was so beautiful before, but way too much tweaking her face here and there. Sigh. And she just turned 23! 
 

she looks like herself in these I think: 

 

 

Edited by kalibean
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Jackie Bob had her baby girl and she's beautiful!!! 🙂 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Has anyone seen the latest picture posted by Kalyssa? She looks so much older, over injected and way too thin. I’m not even sure what look she’s going for. It doesn’t even look like her.  Very sad. 

Yes I can see it . Especially here . She has aged 15 years recently. I don’t know why women do this to themselves. 

B0A7B7CB-AD0F-4E6D-BC4E-2260630BAAA3.jpeg

  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size