Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

Hmm, Kat's Instagram seems to have disappeared.  

I always thought that was such a weird critique, I didn't even think that the cutouts on her dress were noticeable and Brenda seemed weirdly aggressive about it.  But I agree, I don't think that particular choice was what lost her the spot on the team, they seemed unimpressed with her solo and the rest of her interview as well.

She changed her IG to her new married name @katpressly today. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kees080 said:

the judges felt she was boring in her dancing and a risk with what to wear to an appearance/meeting as a vet. 

I'm with you, @Kees080, I'm not in agreement with their opinion. Them saying that about her clothing choice was especially weird since they wear the uniforms or track suits to pretty much all of their appearances.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm with you, @Kees080, I'm not in agreement with their opinion. Them saying that about her clothing choice was especially weird since they wear the uniforms or track suits to pretty much all of their appearances.

She doesn't seem to have stayed in contact with as many of the DCC as others have, judging by the fact only 4 others were performing TS with her.  Kat seems like a very sweet person and I didn't agree with Brenda tearing into her over the dress cutouts.  Kelli even made a comment about the interview tanking after Brenda ripped her for the dress when they were deliberating.  I do, however, agree with others, who said that her solo was very lackluster. 

• Love 5

I think Kelli likes “novelty or project” girls. Something about this person makes her want to work on a particular girl. She roots for them, they get on the team, & BOOM, they don’t tryout the following year or if they do, they could be cut.  Think of Morgan, Breelan, Kat, potentially Meredith.  Who else belongs to this exclusive club?  It is as if she tires of them after a year.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

She doesn't seem to have stayed in contact with as many of the DCC as others have, judging by the fact only 4 others were performing TS with her.  Kat seems like a very sweet person and I didn't agree with Brenda tearing into her over the dress cutouts.  Kelli even made a comment about the interview tanking after Brenda ripped her for the dress when they were deliberating.  I do, however, agree with others, who said that her solo was very lackluster. 

I agree. Kat's dress might not have been perfectly appropriate in their eyes, and I wouldn't have worn it myself, but I did think she looked nice and it was a heck of a lot better than some of the outfits we've seen with pant legs too long. That is my biggest fashion pet peeve. Tall shoes aren't tall enough to compensate for a long pant leg, jumpsuit or maxi, as we have seen in many Instagram posts with the girls, present and past. To me that is a far greater fashion violation than a cute dress with cutouts. Kat could kick and her solo wasn't as bad as some that we have seen over the years. /endrant 😉 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Tara really seems to have found herself since leaving the DCC.  You go girl.

taraszy_75580639_169722904135950_1042555283737283128_n.jpg

She looks great!  What has she been up to since she got cut?  Is she still in Dallas?  (I think I follow her on Instagram but I don't remember seeing much from her.)

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Another who never understood the appeal of the Trevinos.  I can stop doubting my judgement now, lol.

Sisters = interesting story arc for the show

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
hit enter before I finished my thought

Trisha Trevino has always been one of my least favorite DCC. Her mouth. Omg. Cannot even explain it. She’s like a MONET From far away it’s beautiful but then you get up close and everything is a mess. I cannot remember which movie that quote is from, but it’s Trisha, and yes, I’m a terrible person.

CREDIT TO CLUELESS 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • LOL 3
7 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Trisha Trevino has always been one of my least favorite DCC. Her mouth. Omg. Cannot even explain it. She’s like a Picasso. From far away it’s beautiful but then you get up close and everything is a mess. I cannot remember which movie that quote is from, but it’s Trisha, and yes, I’m a terrible person.

Was it Clueless?

You want to talk terrible person?  I always thought Trisha looked like Jay Leno.

• LOL 14
On 1/2/2020 at 6:13 PM, aeroluv327 said:

I always thought that was such a weird critique, I didn't even think that the cutouts on her dress were noticeable and Brenda seemed weirdly aggressive about it.  But I agree, I don't think that particular choice was what lost her the spot on the team, they seemed unimpressed with her solo and the rest of her interview as well.

The panel interview is the job interview. Kat wasn't dressed for a JOB interview...for all that the dress was really cute, fit her well, etc...you don't wear cut out sides to a job interview. Brenda works on camera...another place where you don't wear cutouts on the job. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Trisha Trevino has always been one of my least favorite DCC. Her mouth. Omg. Cannot even explain it. She’s like a Picasso. From far away it’s beautiful but then you get up close and everything is a mess. I cannot remember which movie that quote is from, but it’s Trisha, and yes, I’m a terrible person.

image.png.e098eaac7c3b1ef02c6fbf0fec9ee343.png

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kinzie had a baby boy!

Really liked her....she was the cheerleader who caught my eye, way back when she was on the team. I was on vacation and it was pouring out - so flipped through channels at hotel and came across DCC Making the Team. I was only half watching it, when someone caught my eye. It ended up being Kenzie. I remember thinking 'wow, she's actually a good dancer.' I had never seen the DCC before, just heard of them. It's been a lot of fun to see the girls grow up. Kenzie was also so young...I think right out of HS. With her looks and youth, she could have done a lot more post DCC but she seems very happy. Plus I think she had an injury too?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, raindancer said:

what a seriously beautiful group of girls - so glad it looks like they had a good time.  And how adorable is Mackenzie's little lady??!!?

They look different without their DC C look. Whose between Lauren and Veronica?

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Her...

OOPS, this is the one on the bottom, I have no idea who the blonde is.  Tagged as "Kat_Attak" and her IG is private.

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Ashley Ferrell...so pretty and underrated!

she has always been one of my favorites.....in my DCC Categories of Beautiful (TM) she has always been one of the "sweetheart beautiful" girls to me (the kind of girl you'd want to be best friends with, who would spend hours talking you through a breakup, and then come over first thing in the morning with a plate of brownies, loves kids and puppies, etc.).  I watched through her first season on Pluto recently and was also struck by how funny and sweet she was....just seems like a really nice girl.  

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

she's really pretty, but I don't recognize her either, so I'm thinking perhaps she wasn't a DCC.....perhaps another friend or relative?  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Ashley Ferrell...so pretty and underrated!

Not with me! 
A Tiktok-superstar avant la lettre. She had everything the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders stood for, everything and more.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Not with me! 
A Tiktok-superstar avant la lettre. She had everything the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders stood for, everything and more.

I only vaguely know what Tiktok is, and have no idea what avant la lettre is, but I'm assuming it's good and totally agree with the rest 😄

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Cersten is teaching the class tonight

I hate heels classes/dances...all it is is bumping, grinding and humping the floor...oh and twerking 💁‍♀️

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Not with me! 

She won a Barbie for her solo in her second year - as Kelli put it "she took a bullet last year being told she wasn't sexy enough.  Well, she brought sexy back!"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

I thought she was in medical school?  That girl in back is better I think.  Not that I know.

On break but that kind of routine is NOT going to do her any favors when she’s trying to be taken seriously as a physician. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

On break but that kind of routine is NOT going to do her any favors when she’s trying to be taken seriously as a physician. 

😂😂😂

Perhaps with some specific type of patients?

It makes me wonder if in Cerstens (and Jenna/Holly for that matter) mind there are more emotions to be expressed with dance than solely being hot.

How about happiness or sorrow or love for that matter? No, always the same. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Pau84 said:

😂😂😂

Perhaps with some specific type of patients?

It makes me wonder if in Cerstens (and Jenna/Holly for that matter) mind there are more emotions to be expressed with dance than solely being hot.

How about happiness or sorrow or love for that matter? No, always the same. 

I know she isn't this board's favorite, but I thought Cersten always did the DCC style very well!  She looked great on the field.

• Love 15