Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MelissaB326 said:

Who was Milan’s Group Leader? She didn’t seem impressed with them. Did she have many close friends in DCC? Because it doesn’t sound like it. Her talking about the politics being more important than dance ability was interesting too. It also sounded like she doesn’t watch the show at all because she thought she was season 14 unless I heard that wrong. 

The podcast was worth the listen, I like that she can tell it like it is since unlike most alumni, she isn’t still trying to still be a part of the organization.

I found the info about the lengths the girls go to before the swim calendar to lose weight very concerning. Maybe Kelli and Judy just don’t care how they lose weight as long as they look a certain way and meet these weight requirements. Milan said she suddenly dropped 7 pounds from a juice cleanse around uniform fittings and was told she had to maintain that weight now but I was confused because I thought they were held to their audition weight? If they suddenly lose weight and are held to a new low weight, then that is even more problematic. 

I always wondered why she tried out again if she couldn’t make it through the season and I have my answer, she thought it would be better as a veteran but then she seemed to upset at internal politics and being put to the back of formations her second year. I don’t know enough about her dance ability to know if it matched her beliefs about it. Her talk about internal politics show just how much someone who is connected like VK and Cassie have a leg up. They would get the best spots, the group leaders would be afraid to say much to them and the other girls would be afraid to say anything negative to them at all because unlike the other girls who seem to not even be able to talk to Kelli and Judy, these girls have a direct close relationship with them. It is shocking to me that Kelli and Judy don’t even talk to the younger girls and seem to barely know them, you would think they could make a little effort. 

And now I know just what happened during the scene when they supposedly were happy for Milan going to school and having a 4.0 GPA, it really goes to show that they expect DCC to come before anything else to the detriment of these girls’ lives. So the girls have the following options: try out right after high school and skip college, go to some community college and only take a few classes, go to a good school and struggle to meet your academic goals, or wait until after college and put off your career goals. They really need to make exceptions  for appearances when girls are in college and working full time jobs. 

I don’t even think that episode was edited all that well. To me it was obvious Kitty meant it as a dig at Milan, and Kelli was trying to clean thing up for appearances.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MelissaB326 said:

Who was Milan’s Group Leader? She didn’t seem impressed with them. Did she have many close friends in DCC? Because it doesn’t sound like it. Her talking about the politics being more important than dance ability was interesting too. It also sounded like she doesn’t watch the show at all because she thought she was season 14 unless I heard that wrong. 

The podcast was worth the listen, I like that she can tell it like it is since unlike most alumni, she isn’t still trying to still be a part of the organization.

I found the info about the lengths the girls go to before the swim calendar to lose weight very concerning. Maybe Kelli and Judy just don’t care how they lose weight as long as they look a certain way and meet these weight requirements. Milan said she suddenly dropped 7 pounds from a juice cleanse around uniform fittings and was told she had to maintain that weight now but I was confused because I thought they were held to their audition weight? If they suddenly lose weight and are held to a new low weight, then that is even more problematic. 

I always wondered why she tried out again if she couldn’t make it through the season and I have my answer, she thought it would be better as a veteran but then she seemed to upset at internal politics and being put to the back of formations her second year. I don’t know enough about her dance ability to know if it matched her beliefs about it. Her talk about internal politics show just how much someone who is connected like VK and Cassie have a leg up. They would get the best spots, the group leaders would be afraid to say much to them and the other girls would be afraid to say anything negative to them at all because unlike the other girls who seem to not even be able to talk to Kelli and Judy, these girls have a direct close relationship with them. It is shocking to me that Kelli and Judy don’t even talk to the younger girls and seem to barely know them, you would think they could make a little effort. 

And now I know just what happened during the scene when they supposedly were happy for Milan going to school and having a 4.0 GPA, it really goes to show that they expect DCC to come before anything else to the detriment of these girls’ lives. So the girls have the following options: try out right after high school and skip college, go to some community college and only take a few classes, go to a good school and struggle to meet your academic goals, or wait until after college and put off your career goals. They really need to make exceptions  for appearances when girls are in college and working full time jobs. 

I was told by someone from the DCC Organization they were understood Milan could not go out on appearances due to school. Former DCC Amy said they would work with the girls who were full time students with their schedules when it came to appearances. After hearing what Milan went through with her one professor about the ten days needed for the swimsuit calendar shoot and it was expected she went on the shoot or else, I have a hard time seeing how flexible they were with the girls especially since Milan said it was a "privilege" for a girl to be ask to go on an appearance. Sounds to me, it is you are expected to totally focus on being a DCC above everything else.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I was told by someone from the DCC Organization they were understood Milan could not go out on appearances due to school. Former DCC Amy said they would work with the girls who were full time students with their schedules when it came to appearances. After hearing what Milan went through with her one professor about the ten days needed for the swimsuit calendar shoot and it was expected she went on the shoot or else, I have a hard time seeing how flexible they were with the girls especially since Milan said it was a "privilege" for a girl to be ask to go on an appearance. Sounds to me, it is you are expected to totally focus on being a DCC above everything else.

I just really don’t believe anything from people inside the organization — it’s often pretty easily proven false. Hell, even when Shelley hung out here, she said things that were proven false.  

Also, it does not take ten days to shoot a calendar.  Forcing an entire squad there for ten days isn’t even efficient. There zero reason you couldn’t fly the girls with a more demanding schedule down for 2-3 days to knock out their shoot.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I just really don’t believe anything from people inside the organization — it’s often pretty easily proven false. Hell, even when Shelley hung out here, she said things that were proven false.  

Also, it does not take ten days to shoot a calendar.  Forcing an entire squad there for ten days isn’t even efficient. There zero reason you couldn’t fly the girls with a more demanding schedule down for 2-3 days to knock out their shoot.

I think Judy, Kelli and Charlotte are in major damage control mode since the Jenna/Holly/Erica secrets have hit the fan. And lets us not forget Victoria and Tina. You would think they would see the whole picture, but I guess the five minutes of fame, drama and ratings are too big of a calling for all three of them especially Kelli and Charlotte.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Michele Butler said:

I just listened to Milan's podcast and re-watched the Kitty slamming of Milan being a business student. I, like a lot of people on this board, lost a lot of respect for Kitty with last season's skewed nepotism with VK- meaning although Kitty wasn't Victoria's mother, she pulled strings for her inappropriately, just like TK would if given the opportunity. Kitty now comes across to me as a disheveled, eyeliner-smeared mean "girl", just an instigator, and nothing more. Milan, at 18-19 years old had a great head on her shoulders. She realized that with DCC- all that glitters isn't gold. I'm proud of her. I am also not shocked that Jenna was her first group leader, either. IMO, Jenna was never mature enough to be a group leader. Yes, she could do dance and do hip-hop really well, but I think that she preferred to use her *cough cough* "captain status" to go out and party and dance at clubs instead. And the organization supporting a woman's education- my ass.

I wish I could give this post 1000+ likes.

Jenna was probably kept on the squad because she was willing to tell on the other girls aka Kelli and Judy like the girls who are willing to tell on other girls to save their spot. You could tell Judy wanted to cut Jenna, but Kelli and Charlotte wanted her around.

Edited by bigskygirl

I noticed she said she was the youngest and talked about the older girls a lot. Well not all of them had to be thatt much older than her. I mean that was Maddie's first year on the squad and Holly's second. So they were only like 19 then right? Of course they already had some DCC experience. Just an observation ha. I did like the podcast and what she had to say. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I wish I could give this post 1000+ likes.

Jenna was probably kept on the squad because she was willing to tell on the other girls aka Kelli and Judy like the girls who are willing to tell on other girls to save their spot. You could tell Judy wanted to cut Jenna, but Kelli and Charlotte wanted her around.

I second that.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I noticed she said she was the youngest and talked about the older girls a lot. Well not all of them had to be thatt much older than her. I mean that was Maddie's first year on the squad and Holly's second. So they were only like 19 then right? Of course they already had some DCC experience. Just an observation ha. I did like the podcast and what she had to say. 

Holly was going for third year and was breaking rules and not acting mature along with running around with Jenna. Maddie was going for her second year, but she was a Charlotte, Kelli and Judy favorite. I can see why Milan would not want to be around either one of them. And having DCC experience does not make you a person someone else might want to hang around with. I applaud Milan for speaking the truth and telling what it is really like behind closed doors. I cannot see Maddie doing the same thing because she seems to think being a DCC is all that.

(edited)

Cons.

1. Eating Disorders

2. Mean Girls

3. Poor Management

4. Low Pay

5. Low Self-worth/Objectification

6. CMT edits

7. Favoritism

8. Oppressive Environment

Pros.

1. Dancing for thousands

2. Charity work

Is it worth it?

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

Cons.

1. Eating Disorders

2. Mean Girls

3. Poor Management

4. Low Pay

6. CMT exits

7. Favoritism

Pros.

1. Dancing for thousands

2. Charity work

Is it worth it?

I do not think it is worth it. I call bs on the charity work aspect because I think it is a cover for these girls are so wonderful because they visit the troops, elderly people, sick kids in the hospital while they cover up the fact on how the girls are being use behind close doors aka damage control 101. I would rather see girls do volunteer work at a VA Hospital, soup kitchen, schools etc. etc. than doing one activity at certain times during the year. I also roll my eyes at the school fitness appearances the girls make because of what Milan said and what happened with Courtney Cook, Kaitlin and Amy C. Kelli, Charlotte and Judy would have to be blind and not too bright to see what the girls are doing unhealthy wise to lose weight and stay fit in the uniform. Not exactly role model materials for young girls.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Holly was going for third year and was breaking rules and not acting mature along with running around with Jenna. Maddie was going for her second year, but she was a Charlotte, Kelli and Judy favorite. I can see why Milan would not want to be around either one of them. And having DCC experience does not make you a person someone else might want to hang around with. I applaud Milan for speaking the truth and telling what it is really like behind closed doors. I cannot see Maddie doing the same thing because she seems to think being a DCC is all that.

I was saying they had DCC experience because they had already been through training camp and a year of DCC, so they knew what it was like unlike her. But they were still very young like Milan. Just an age thing. I know they're all very different girls. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think it is worth it. I call bs on the charity work aspect because I think it is a cover for these girls are so wonderful because they visit the troops, elderly people, sick kids in the hospital while they cover up the fact on how the girls are being use behind close doors aka damage control 101. I would rather see girls do volunteer work at a VA Hospital, soup kitchen, schools etc. etc. than doing one activity at certain times during the year. I also roll my eyes at the school fitness appearances the girls make because of what Milan said and what happened with Courtney Cook, Kaitlin and Amy C. Kelli, Charlotte and Judy would have to be blind and not too bright to see what the girls are doing unhealthy wise to lose weight and stay fit in the uniform. Not exactly role model materials for young girls.

Finding redeeming qualities for being a DCC was like pulling teeth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I was saying they had DCC experience because they had already been through training camp and a year of DCC, so they knew what it was like unlike her. But they were still very young like Milan. Just an age thing. I know they're all very different girls. 

I thought Milan and Maddie made the team the same year.

2 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yeah but Maddie had a little bit of TC experience the previous year remember. She was cut her first time around. 

Who could forgot the terrible Melissa the Mentor and Maddie scenes.

(edited)

What a great podcast.  Fuck you Kitty.  I know people have come onto this board and have defended her saying she’s only playing a part on the show, but she really is a douche.  

Didn’t Shelly just say last year that K&J were there every night?  Lies!  Milan has no reason to be dishonest so I believe her version.  Team Milan!

oh and edited to add about kitty’s awfulness.  Last year When Miranda was crying over comments kitty made about her hair, you can tell these girls don’t like her and want her to stfu.  Kitty needs to go.  She’s the toxic one. 

Edited by pizzaandcatsrlife
  • Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, BringItOn said:

Cons.

1. Eating Disorders

2. Mean Girls

3. Poor Management

4. Low Pay

6. CMT edits

7. Favoritism

Pros.

1. Dancing for thousands

2. Charity work

Is it worth it?

Let's be real, those cons are fair, but that's an awfully short list of pros. Being part of a dance team is fun. Learning and mastering new dances, working with choreographers, going from a few 8 counts to a fully polished and costumed presentation is enjoyable and gratifying. Working hard as part of a group to achieve a goal is very rewarding. Spending time and making friends with peers who have a common interest, a common love of dance, who are equally skilled and really "get" why dance is so important to them, all of those are meaningful. Walking around in uniform and feeling like you're part of something big, that's a great feeling. The travel, the free stuff, the uncommon and exciting opportunities....those are all very real rewards. For all the BS involved, it really is the experience of a lifetime.

Of course, there is also an enormous stroke to the ego involved as well. These girls get to be temporary celebrities. When they are on appearances or out in the community they are treated as princesses. They are admired, fawned and fussed over, told how beautiful and talented they are, how amazing they are for having won a spot on such an elite, competitive group. They are THE BEST. Every woman wants to be them. Every man wants to date them, isn't that what they say? And I firmly believe that every single member of the team is in it for a piece of that. They want to be the best. They want that attention and admiration. They want to be special. Some chase it more and revel it in more, but it something they all want and enjoy. Even the "modest" ones like Maddie and Lauren. Thankfully most of them handle it better than some others who let it go to their heads and whose egos get a little too big for those hotpants.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 22
36 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

What a great podcast.  Fuck you Kitty.  I know people have come onto this board and have defended her saying she’s only playing a part on the show, but she really is a douche.  

Didn’t Shelly just say last year that K&J were there every night?  Lies!  Milan has no reason to be dishonest so I believe her version.  Team Milan!

1000 likes.

10 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Let's be real, those cons are fair, but that's an awfully short list of pros. Being part of a dance team is fun. Learning and mastering new dances, working with choreographers, going from a few 8 counts to a fully polished and costumed presentation is enjoyable and gratifying. Working hard as part of a group to achieve a goal is very rewarding. Spending time and making friends with peers who have a common interest, a common love of dance, who are equally skilled and really "get" why dance is so important to them, all of those are meaningful. Walking around in uniform and feeling like you're part of something big, that's a great feeling. The travel, the free stuff, the uncommon and exciting opportunities....those are all very real rewards. For all the BS involved, it really is the experience of a lifetime.

Of course, there is also an enormous stroke to the ego involved as well. These girls get to be temporary celebrities. When they are on appearances or out in the community they are treated as princesses. They are admired, fawned and fussed over, told how beautiful and talented they are, how amazing they are for having won a spot on such an elite, competitive group. They are THE BEST. Every woman wants to be them. Every man wants to date them, isn't that what they say? And I firmly believe that every single member of the team is in it for a piece of that. They want to be the best. They want that attention and admiration. They want to be special. Some chase it more and revel it in more, but it something they all want and enjoy. Even the "modest" ones like Maddie and Lauren. Thankfully most of them handle it better than some others who let it go to their heads and whose egos get a little too big for those hotpants.

Sorry for the lack of context. This is what I got from Milan's podcast. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Sorry but I do not think every woman wants to be a DCC and men want to date them. That is just the propaganda they want all of us to believe. I have seen other dance teams who are better and more talented than these girls are. Milan was telling the real truth about how the girls are being treated by TPTB. The girls are being brainwashed into believe it is well worth signing their lives over to be a DCC. I can honestly think of other ways to have an experience of a lifetime aka what Dayton did by getting a cruise ship job. I think there are other better role models for all young girls and women of every age and race then being a DCC.

I always liked Milan. I thought for a young person, she seemed really mature, a bit like myself really. She clearly values education which is what will keep you working in the long haul and wanted DCC to be a fun, extra-curricular because of her love of dancing. She seems to be one of the quieter personalities and enjoyed the friendships but there always seems to be a bubble around DCC. They rehearse together, some live together and most hang out all the time. She might have preferred her own space and time alone to study!

We've learned from Erica's lawsuit that DCC is not a full-time job but they expect you to be available all of the time. It's basically an underpaid internship. I am disappointed that her group leaders didn't seem to be much help. Jenna I understand, but Jinelle and Robin in particular are older/wiser and Lacey was 18 when she made the squad. Seems like it's only if your face fits.

• Love 6

I also find it interesting what Milan said about girls who were underage not going out partying etc. etc. Jenna went out with Holly partying and dating football players and got away with it. I also saw someone say on another social media page about Jenna helping Kalyssa get into parties when Kalyssa was underage. So much for good leadership, and I do not blame Milan for wanting to stay clear of Jenna and not going to her for help.

(edited)

I also find it interesting what Milan said about girls who were underage not going out partying etc. etc. Jenna went out with Holly partying and dating football players and got away with it. I also saw someone say on another social media page about Jenna helping Kalyssa get into parties when Kalyssa was underage. So much for good leadership, and I do not blame Milan for wanting to stay clear of Jenna and not going to her for help.

How old was Kalyssa? I thought she was at least 21.

Edited by BringItOn

I think you can tell the good ones from the bad ones. Jenna and co were favourites of Kelli and allowed to break the rules. Milan, Heather, Allie, the good ones make one small mistake or stand up to someone and get cut. They represent the wholesome DCC brand a hell of a lot better than the others! You can tell the cliques just by seeing who hangs out with one another and interacts on Instagram after they leave the squad. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Virginia Intermont College in Bristol, VA. (Class of '85)There are many programs leading to a degree, but unless you live near one or are involved in horses, rarely are they known.

Ohhh OK....I was talking about Midway College in Midway Ky.  🙂

18 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

How old was Kalyssa? I thought she was at least 21.

Kalyssa's was born on 1/26/1997. She was twenty when she made the team which makes it a no-no for her to be drinking and attending parties which TPTB did not want the underage girls to be doing. If Jenna was helping Holly get into parties and bars while being under 21, I would not be surprised if she was doing the same thing for Kalyssa before she turned 21 last year.

(edited)
3 hours ago, BringItOn said:

Cons.

1. Eating Disorders

2. Mean Girls

3. Poor Management

4. Low Pay

6. CMT edits

7. Favoritism

Pros.

1. Dancing for thousands

2. Charity work

Is it worth it?

Definitely not worth it.  I always suspected that it isn’t all rosy in that organization but after hearing this, looking at Daphne weight issues this calendar shoot, ( many other girls look very unhealthy also), favoritism towards one girl in particular last year, the way they market these girls especially having them advertise products without getting paid ( getting the product isn’t payment in my eyes) I’m not looking to be a fan of that organization any longer. These girls are used for the profit of the Dallas Cowboys 

Edited by Cruisegirl
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't want to give Milan's group leaders too hard of a time. By the sounds of it, they do everything that Kelli and Judy should be doing and get a whole lot of extra work and stress lumped onto them. 

What performance was Milan talking about that she was 1 of the 4 people chosen not to dance in it?  I thought the entire team danced in everything..? 

Edited by JayDKay
Spelling
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I don't want to give Milan's group leaders too hard of a time. By the sounds of it, they do everything that Kelli and Judy should be doing and get a whole lot of extra work and stress lumped onto them. 

What performance was Milan talking about that she was 1 of the 4 people chosen not to dance in it?  I thought the entire team danced in everything..? 

I think she was referring to the Christmas Holiday Performance at the Star. I cannot believe they had her and the other three girls sitting outside in the cold. World Class my you know what.

3 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Shelly never said that K & J were there every night. Their only being there for filming is not a new revelation, it's been known for quite a while. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Shelly never said that K & J were there every night. Their only being there for filming is not a new revelation, it's been known for quite a while. 

Respectfully disagree. Shelly absolutely made it sound like they were there more than they were. Maybe she didn’t say every night verbatim but she certainly alluded to it. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Sorry but I do not think every woman wants to be a DCC and men want to date them. That is just the propaganda they want all of us to believe. I have seen other dance teams who are better and more talented than these girls are. Milan was telling the real truth about how the girls are being treated by TPTB. The girls are being brainwashed into believe it is well worth signing their lives over to be a DCC. I can honestly think of other ways to have an experience of a lifetime aka what Dayton did by getting a cruise ship job. I think there are other better role models for all young girls and women of every age and race then being a DCC.

In my opinion the DCC are overrated and from the looks of the low number who tried out this year, they aren’t as popular as some want us to believe. I don’t see them as roll models especially how they are dieting dangerously to look the part. Daphne looked horrible during that calendar shoot, yet that seems to be what the DCC is striving for. As for Dayton she is no longer on the cruise ship and her contract wasn’t done as the remainder of the cast is still on the ship, so I’m not sure what happened.  She seems to be back in a Texas having fun

FC9B9E6F-74E4-4666-A8D8-7E31B28047CB.jpeg

• Love 2

I am now starting to wonder if they made a deal with Judy in relations to Cassie being on the squad aka yes we know Cassie is a mean girl and breaking a few rules, but she can stay on the team as long as a girl who you want on the team or in TC does not make it.

I also would not be surprised if Miss Kitty got her way with having Morgan on the team, but she was told Morgan can be on the team, but we reserve the right to cut her at next year's finals if she is still a crappy dancer.

35 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

17 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Respectfully disagree. Shelly absolutely made it sound like they were there more than they were. Maybe she didn’t say every night verbatim but she certainly alluded to it. 

I've known they weren't there very much since former TCC Kalli Fullerton wrote about it in her blog how many years ago.  Group leaders running practices has been common knowledge since the old TWOP boards.  

Shelly isn't going to make K&J look bad and I wouldn't expect her to while she works for the organization.  

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am now starting to wonder if they made a deal with Judy in relations to Cassie being on the squad aka yes we know Cassie is a mean girl and breaking a few rules, but she can stay on the team as long as a girl who you want on the team or in TC does not make it.

I also would not be surprised if Miss Kitty got her way with having Morgan on the team, but she was told Morgan can be on the team, but we reserve the right to cut her at next year's finals if she is still a crappy dancer.

Cassie was OG nepotism and VK is the 2.0 version. I think if VK was Kelly's biological daughter she would have made the team that year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Olivia Sharber Carter is getting married again.

Good for her!!!  I wonder what Kitty said when she found out her son cheated on her - respect his right to cheat cause you two have known each other for years??

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

I went back and found one post (then my tablet went crazy, so I stopped searching).  

She definitely states that they take nights off (doesn't specify how many, just that they do). In no way does she make it sound like they are there every night.

She does rightfully point out that they are also there during the day (when the cheerleaders aren't) for meetings and other DCC stuff. They'd be working 12+ (18+ during filming) days if they were there every night.

Screenshot_2019-05-26-22-36-59-1.png

Edited by hannahbanana
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Her rookie year the group leaders for here group was jinelle and Jenna 

That explains a lot. Especially since she didn't seem to have time to socialize as much as some of the other rookies. 

6 hours ago, BringItOn said:

Cassie was OG nepotism and VK is the 2.0 version. I think if VK was Kelly's biological daughter she would have made the team that year.

If VK was Kelli's biological daughter I'd think she would have better class and maturity. From what I have seen of Sam Finglass, she is lightning years ahead of VK in that department. What she can't do is dance...but Vikkie is a product of Tina. And Tina is just...kinda trashy. 

5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Good for her!!!  I wonder what Kitty said when she found out her son cheated on her - respect his right to cheat cause you two have known each other for years??

Wait, what? I don't know this story, but I need too....

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

If VK was Kelli's biological daughter I'd think she would have better class and maturity. From what I have seen of Sam Finglass, she is lightning years ahead of VK in that department. What she can't do is dance...but Vikkie is a product of Tina. And Tina is just...kinda trashy. 

Wait, what? I don't know this story, but I need too....

The story is that Kitty's son was cheating on Olivia, and the husband of the woman the son was cheating with is the one who told Olivia.  And Olivia and Kitty are no longer close, which is to be expected.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

The story is that Kitty's son was cheating on Olivia, and the husband of the woman the son was cheating with is the one who told Olivia.  And Olivia and Kitty are no longer close, which is to be expected.

How do 'we' know this? 

Sounds like Kitty's son is as trashy as she is. Not much of a shocker there. 

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Virginia Intermont College in Bristol, VA. (Class of '85)There are many programs leading to a degree, but unless you live near one or are involved in horses, rarely are they known.

I had actually asked for some info from this college way back when because I was really interested in their horsemanship/teaching courses.  I was really sad to hear that they'd not only been denied accreditation, but closed their doors permanently as I'd wanted to take classes there at one point.  Never happened obviously, but it could have happened at one point.

9 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Ohhh OK....I was talking about Midway College in Midway Ky.  🙂

For some reason, I was thinking Meredith Manor International Equestrian Center, but that's in West Virginia, not Kentucky.  There's also the Savannah College of Art and Design in Georgia, Baylor, Auburn and a host of other schools.  Some teach English riding and associated styles and others teach Western and associated styles.  I'll stop there to avoid derailing the conversation any more than I already have, but if anyone wants to PM me to talk horses, riding, and all things associated, I'm your girl.  I could talk about horses all day AND all night.  No, I did NOT grow out of my love for horses, they just outgrew my budget.

6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I suspect that Kitty told her that she (Kitty) always knew that her son was too good for Olivia and that he needed more than she could give him among other things.  I suspect that Kitty disapproved of Olivia for taking HER son away from her and that Olivia deserved everything she got from him.  I also suspect that not once did Kitty say ANYTHING about how wrong of him it was, both morally and legally, for him to step out on Olivia at any point during their relationship.  If so, that reflects on HER for not teaching him and guiding him to a better place, to be respectful of the woman he was with and to be respectful of, and honest towards, the woman HE chose as well as their relationship as a whole and the relationships other women may have been in at the time.  If he can't respect the woman he's with and their relationship, it's highly unlikely that he's going to respect the relationship that another woman is in.

I once dumped a boyfriend who didn't tell me he was married until a year into the relationship (and he only gave me ONE hint at the beginning of it all).  As soon as I found out, I dumped his ass as fast as I could, deleted him out of my phone and emails, and gave him the cold shoulder the last time I saw him.  I realized he was bad news and could drag me into deeper, murkier waters than I wanted to be in.  There were some other issues with this relationship (including a brush with things that could have landed me in legal, financial or both, hot water if I got tangled up in it) and I was glad to get out of it.  I just wish it was as easy for other women as it was for me.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4