Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, CrazyEve said:

I wonder how much they are paying her to promote abortion and how much she earns to keep getting abortion.

If I remember correctly, she’s not promoting it. The clinic is using her picture and she’s not happy about it.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

If I remember correctly, she’s not promoting it. The clinic is using her picture and she’s not happy about it.

I think that the prior 2 posts were jokes or at least that’s how I took them. It was pretty obvious that the author or “publisher” of that book just bought her picture, photoshopped in a pregnancy test, and slapped it on the cover. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think that the prior 2 posts were jokes or at least that’s how I took them. It was pretty obvious that the author or “publisher” of that book just bought her picture, photoshopped in a pregnancy test, and slapped it on the cover. 

Lol yes it was absolutely a joke lol

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I love Holly's hair:

I miss her being on the squad, she would've been point if she'd have kept squeaky clean. One of the best technical dancers they've ever had! 

• Love 7

I thought I'd miss Holly, but I never really did. She is an amazing dancer, of course, and I love watching her perform, but she seems to exude a self-centeredness that I find somewhat grating. (If I were that talented, I may be all about myself, too, though, TBH.) I'm very glad to see her living her best dance life beyond DCC, however, and I am happy to see her working and honing her talents more broadly than she could do in DCC Land. And, yes, those curls are pretty fly on her.

• Love 11

I am speechless.  Sarah has this combo tagged #prodance and #hiphop.  Seriously, is this the best Dallas has to offer for hiphop?  Because if so, this is beyond embarrassing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I am speechless.  Sarah has this combo tagged #prodance and #hiphop.  Seriously, is this the best Dallas has to offer for hiphop?  Because if so, this is beyond embarrassing.

Middle school talent show. CUTE!

• LOL 3
11 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Did anyone see the photo Kelsey Bond posted of herself and her fiancé at their couples shower? She is looking scary skinny again.

And like it's been mentioned before, the camera adds 10 pounds.  I forgot her wedding was coming up.  

7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Did anyone see the photo Kelsey Bond posted of herself and her fiancé at their couples shower? She is looking scary skinny again.

Ugh, I hope it's not her colitis (I think that's what she had) acting up again 😞

The DCCs will be the last to go, but honestly, I think you will continue to see more and more teams get rid of the cheerleaders. I doubt its that difficult to find halftime entertainment in a major city. For the NFL teams especially, if they want dancers, they could probably have a different college dance team perform throughout the season - I'm sure most teams would love the exposure and practice for competitions. It's unfortunate because the NFL dancers are obviously talented and enjoy dancing on the teams, but I kind of get it from the corporate side. There are lots of corporate policies and programs being looked at. Lots of companies are cutting back on the boozy parties for example, etc in the current climate. If you're a pro sports team, and you can't find a reason for them to be there other than male entertainment, and you clearly don't want to pay these women (which I think is a big part of it), then whats the point.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BringItOn said:

The DCC got dragged into this mess ...

"I wish the Dallas Cowboys, with their barely clad 1970s-era cheerleaders, would wake up to 2019 as well."

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2019/05/17/not-dance-around-dallas-mavericks-troupeneeded-go

Yes, it's 2019 where women are still being objectified for what they are wearing.  2019, where it's considered a woman's fault for wearing a bikini at the beach or a mini skirt in public and drawing attention to themselves.  2019, where a man can make a comment about a woman's body and she's the one in trouble.  2019, where a female student has a dress code so as to not interfere with the male students learning.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes, it's 2019 where women are still being objectified for what they are wearing.  2019, where it's considered a woman's fault for wearing a bikini at the beach or a mini skirt in public and drawing attention to themselves.  2019, where a man can make a comment about a woman's body and she's the one in trouble.  2019, where a female student has a dress code so as to not interfere with the male students learning.

In my opinion, the girls are being exploited by Kelli, Judy and Charlotte as sex symbols who are suppose to shake their cash and prizes for entertainment while pretending they are bright, intelligent group of women who are suppose to be role models for women of all ages. Where is the outrage when women are exploiting younger women for ratings, money, drama and the change to get more attention and bigger rewards.

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, the girls are being exploited by Kelli, Judy and Charlotte as sex symbols who are suppose to shake their cash and prizes for entertainment while pretending they are bright, intelligent group of women who are suppose to be role models for women of all ages. Where is the outrage when women are exploiting younger women for ratings, money, drama and the change to get more attention and bigger rewards.

Pretending they are a bright, intelligent group of women? Really? They're only pretending they're bright and intelligent?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

AMEN SISTA!

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I vehemently disagree. I know one of the 36 and she is well educated, kind, bright and modest. She just likes to dance and loves the NFL.

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

I vehemently disagree. I know one of the 36 who is well educated, kind, bright and modest. She just likes to dance and loves the NFL.

Add to that:

Lauren is a nurse, Emily Claire was a member of MENSA, Amy T has a degree in Biomedical Engineering, Melissa W has a degree in Mechanical Engineering which she obtained while a DCC, Ashley M has a Masters in Counseling, Kitty and Nicole are business owners, Kelli has a degree in International Marketing...….I mean the list can go on and on.  

• Love 18
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Add to that:

Lauren is a nurse, Emily Claire was a member of MENSA, Amy T has a degree in Biomedical Engineering, Melissa W has a degree in Mechanical Engineering which she obtained while a DCC, Ashley M has a Masters in Counseling, Kitty and Nicole are business owners, Kelli has a degree in International Marketing...….I mean the list can go on and on.  

I can't name names because I don't remember, but there are two I know of who are now MDs, the one who is a VP at a large bank or investment firm.  Not to mention those with education degrees who now teach.  The list really does go on.

• Love 9

It’s always some ugly old lady writing these editorial pieces. That being said, the Rockets Power Dancers used to be so sexy and showed so much skin, it even made me uncomfortable. It was like watching a strip tease but without the nudity. This easy when Susie Boudwin ran the show. She’s been gone awhile, and RPD has really cleaned it up. The Rockets have brought in lots of additional entertainment and when RPD dances, the focus is on the dance, and the costumes are more family friendly. I’m not sure why the Mavs can’t do the same type of thing.... I think Cuban is scared after all the fallout from the sexual harassment scandals etc. from last year. 

Leave the DCC alone lady!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Add to that:

Agreed, and would also point out that one doesn’t need a fancy degree or job title to be considered bright and intelligent and certainly not worthy of respect. Some of the girls are definitely drinking the koolaid more than others, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that they’re just some silly girls being manipulated.

1 hour ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

These are adult women.  They aren’t being exploited by Kelli etc.  if they want to shake their ass, who gives a shit. 

Agreed. 

38 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

It’s always some ugly old lady writing these editorial pieces. That being said, the Rockets Power Dancers used to be so sexy and showed so much skin, it even made me uncomfortable. It was like watching a strip tease but without the nudity. This easy when Susie Boudwin ran the show. She’s been gone awhile, and RPD has really cleaned it up. The Rockets have brought in lots of additional entertainment and when RPD dances, the focus is on the dance, and the costumes are more family friendly. I’m not sure why the Mavs can’t do the same type of thing.... I think Cuban is scared after all the fallout from the sexual harassment scandals etc. from last year. 

Agreed with the bold, but did that even involve the dancers? It seemed from what I read to be more of a front office thing where the women who were harassed actually worked w and/or under top execs. I don’t live in the Dallas area though, so I’m sure there was much more about it in the local newspapers, etc. than what I would’ve seen. It just seemed odd that they immediately jumped to “we gotta overhaul the dancers.” 

Its one reason why I think that the less scandalous, but also lurking-in-the-background FLSA suits by cheerleaders are a big part of this. As we’ve seen in the news and even on this board, people tend to be somewhat dismissive of these suits, (“they knew what they were getting paid!”). However, if it’s found in court that employees were not paid what they required to be paid under the law, damages can be every bit as high and sometimes higher than a harassment suit. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Dismissing someone as an "ugly old lady" probably won't help dispell the impression that misogyny is a problem here...

• Love 12

So I know it is Auditions weekend, but it is also Kelsey Bond Bacholette weekend in the Bahamas.  Always thought it sad that Brittany Schram was not in The wedding party.  Well now it appears neither is Mackenzie.  Instead Kali Drake Creme is there and  Mackenzie is no where to be found so far.   Now maybe she could not make it but Kali was not on the original bridesmaid list.  Anyway, I have not life and this is what I fill my day on.

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

So I know it is Auditions weekend, but it is also Kelsey Bond Bacholette weekend in the Bahamas.  Always thought it sad that Brittany Schram was not in The wedding party.  Well now it appears neither is Mackenzie.  Instead Kali Drake Creme is there and  Mackenzie is no where to be found so far.   Now maybe she could not make it but Kali was not on the original bridesmaid list.  Anyway, I have not life and this is what I fill my day on.

Mackenzie recently had a baby so that could be why.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

Holly Hubbard and Angela are there..and they have newborns.  Maybe so, just making an observation.  Soap operas of DCC

Isn't it funny what we notice?  Cause I never thought Kelsey and MacKenzie were close, but yes on Holly, Angela, Britney Schram.  I didn't think she was close with Kali, but then she was only on the squad for a year.  I would have expected Mia to be there too.  Nicole is there - no big surprise.  She is always there for friends and travelling!

Yes they are adult women making decisions, but these decisions are made within a misogynistic society. It's like when people say the cheerleaders deserve low pay because they knew they were going to be poorly paid. Just because they signed up for the dance team doesn't mean they can't fight for better conditions.

Obviously I am a fan of the team and like to see them on social media.  The women are clearly passionate about dancing and cheerleading so I hope the DCC could continue, but I also hope they are treated with respect through pay and without facing sexual harassment.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

Yes they are adult women making decisions, but these decisions are made within a misogynistic society. It's like when people say the cheerleaders deserve low pay because they knew they were going to be poorly paid. Just because they signed up for the dance team doesn't mean they can't fight for better conditions.

Obviously I am a fan of the team and like to see them on social media.  The women are clearly passionate about dancing and cheerleading so I hope the DCC could continue, but I also hope they are treated with respect through pay and without facing sexual harassment.

Kelli and Charlotte would fight until they die before they let the DCCs fade away. And no women no matter what do not deserve to deal with sexual harassment.

(edited)
58 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

I don't think anyone really thinks they DESERVE low pay because they knew they were going to be poorly paid (but, let's face it as long as they have enough women turning up at auditions that they can pick & choose those they want and turn away the rest, they won't see a need to raise the pay -- doesn't make it right, but it is basic supply and demand).

What bugs me is when they willingly do it for 4 or 5 years, never a peep while they're doing it, and then pop up every now and then to give interviews/quotes about how the working conditions were so horrendous they could barely stand to do it. Then why do it for 4 or 5 years (or until forced out/cut)?

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

I am watching Daughters of the Sexual Revolution: Untold Story of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders from Starz channel.  I recommend it for everyone here who (obviously) has an interest in the DCC,

I'm not sure what thread it is under, but there was a discussion about it when it came out.

• Love 1
Just now, hannahbanana said:

I don't think anyone really thinks they DESERVE low pay because they knew they were going to be poorly paid (but, let's face it as long as they have enough women turning up at auditions that they can pick & choose those they want and turn away the rest, they don't see a need to raise the pay -- doesn't make it right, but it is basic supply and demand).

What bugs me is when they willingly do it for 4 or 5 years, never a peep while they're doing it, and then pop up every now and then to give interviews/quotes about how the working conditions were so horrendous they could barely stand to do it. Then why do it for 4 or 5 years?

If they made those statements while on the team, they would obviously be kicked off.  They are passionate about dance and cheerleading  and want to be on this famous and iconic team. Why blame the cheerleaders for their bad conditions?  Why wouldn't you blame the people who made these conditions in the first place?  Do you want the team to be all women who come from wealthy families and women who are willing to starve themselves and face harassment? No.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Soo Kelsey B’s party is sponsored by Bumble. Kinda ironic considering that the other Kelsey got trashed for using sponsorships to pay for her wedding and she isn’t as rich as Kelsey B.

Not enough likes in the world for the above post.

3 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't think anyone really thinks they DESERVE low pay because they knew they were going to be poorly paid (but, let's face it as long as they have enough women turning up at auditions that they can pick & choose those they want and turn away the rest, they won't see a need to raise the pay -- doesn't make it right, but it is basic supply and demand).

What bugs me is when they willingly do it for 4 or 5 years, never a peep while they're doing it, and then pop up every now and then to give interviews/quotes about how the working conditions were so horrendous they could barely stand to do it. Then why do it for 4 or 5 years (or until forced out/cut)?

Exactly! Kelli tells the girls more than once they can be easily replace by another girl who be happy to take your place. Do I think the girls should get paid more? Yes, but they are not the first or last group of women who have been treated like crap on the job or are paid less for what they do. And yes, I have work in places with high turnover rates, and TPTB raise the pay for new people while the people who were there longer did not get a pay raise at all.

2 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

If they made those statements while on the team, they would obviously be kicked off.  They are passionate about dance and cheerleading  and want to be on this famous and iconic team. Why blame the cheerleaders for their bad conditions?  Why wouldn't you blame the people who made these conditions in the first place?  Do you want the team to be all women who come from wealthy families and women who are willing to starve themselves and face harassment? No.

No. And I  realize they face getting cut if they complain, but if things are really as bad as you say, don't keep doing it (passion or not). Like it or not, they are partly to blame if they willingly continue to go back under those conditions. There is only going to be a change when there is someone who is willing to make noise while they are on the team or right after they have just willingly walked away from the team after a year or two. If you want the conditions to change, you have to be willing to do something about it, not just pop up every once in a while with a quote about how horrible it was.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

I do not agree with the weight requirements, but I do not think Kelli forces the girls to starve themselves in order to fit in the uniform. No one are forcing the girls to try out, and if it was they were, I sure would want to get all the facts before sending in my application. And once again, the girls are not the first ones to ever face sexual harassment in the job field. There are women who may be facing it in the work place and cannot leave their job because they need the income to support themselves and/or a family.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not agree with the weight requirements, but I do not think Kelli forces the girls to starve themselves in order to fit in the uniform. No one are forcing the girls to try out, and if it was they were, I sure would want to get all the facts before sending in my application. And once again, the girls are not the first ones to ever face sexual harassment in the job field. There are women who may be facing it in the work place and cannot leave their job because they need the income to support themselves and/or a family.

Yes, and that's bad!  Would the cheerleaders fighting against sexual harassment somehow negatively affect other women facing harassment?  These arguments don't make sense to me so I'm not going to respond on this topic any more today.  I'll just say I wish the cheerleaders had a union! 🙂

• Love 2
1 minute ago, pisces125 said:

Yes, and that's bad!  Would the cheerleaders fighting against sexual harassment somehow negatively affect other women facing harassment?  These arguments don't make sense to me so I'm not going to respond on this topic any more today.  I'll just say I wish the cheerleaders had a union! 🙂

I am not saying the cheerleaders fighting against crappy treatment in the work place would affect other women who are fighting the same battle day after day. I am trying to say the cheerleaders are not the only ones who deal with it. A lot of the girls on the team can walk away when things get bad aka Milan and Alexandra, but a lot of women cannot do the same because they do not have the luxury of losing their job because they need the money and benefits.

32 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

I agree with this post. I think that the statement that “no one is forcing them to be there” and “things should be better” aren’t mutually exclusive.

Regarding the pay, I would also point out that people can evolve and change in their thinking. I’m not sure why it’s hard to believe that some of these girls, especially the ones who come in out of high school, may come to believe down the road that their working conditions were crap, and that things need to change. I don’t see why there’s a nefarious intent attributed to that. Lord knows I’ve looked back on situations (and relationships) with a totally different viewpoint after the fact.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I would actually love to see a former DCC tell the real story of what really happens behind close doors because I do not believe it is all sunshine and roses 24/7/365.

Honestly I wish they could even show more drama among the women.  But I know they have to act like they all love each other on camera.  At the same time they show things like Madeline being talked to for moving lockers and then don't give us the full story.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

4 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

Mackenzie’s baby is not even 3 months old so that’s why she’s not there.  Nicole, Veronica, & Olivia are also there!  

• Love 1