Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I saw her in tryout pic so she is trying out again. I wonder if she will make it back after this?

I’ve seen like a half picture of what could be the girls who made it past finals into training camp and she is pictured 

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

I’ve seen like a half picture of what could be the girls who made it past finals into training camp and she is pictured 

E784B5A4-3B05-4A5C-95A6-43AE72F9C341.jpeg

I can't wait to see Simone and Tara  dance, I love this competition it is one of my favorites.  Tara looks great, looks like it is going to be another one of those stories where getting cut from DCC will be the best thing that ever happened.  #WODtarasimone

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I can't wait to see Simone and Tara  dance, I love this competition it is one of my favorites.  Tara looks great, looks like it is going to be another one of those stories where getting cut from DCC will be the best thing that ever happened.  #WODtarasimone

I see Simone there, but not Tara (though she could look totally different than when she was cut from Training Camp).  If this is the FINAL group from Dallas, it's complete proof that Victoria was NOT good enough to make the show.  If Simone, who was one of the weaker dancers during her tenure on the squad, can make the show over Victoria, then either Victoria wasn't ready for the show, the format didn't work for her, or Victoria was completely out-danced by a LOT of other girls.  I think it was a combination of all three and the fact that Victoria is NOT the best dancer in the area (or even close to the top 50/100 dancers), despite what she and her mom (and Kelli) want us to believe.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I see Simone there, but not Tara (though she could look totally different than when she was cut from Training Camp).  If this is the FINAL group from Dallas, it's complete proof that Victoria was NOT good enough to make the show.  If Simone, who was one of the weaker dancers during her tenure on the squad, can make the show over Victoria, then either Victoria wasn't ready for the show, the format didn't work for her, or Victoria was completely out-danced by a LOT of other girls.  I think it was a combination of all three and the fact that Victoria is NOT the best dancer in the area (or even close to the top 50/100 dancers), despite what she and her mom (and Kelli) want us to believe.

Tara is in the middle in front of Simone

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Wasn’t Victoria trying for So You Think You Can Dance, not World of Dance? I agree, she’s not good enough, but I don’t think the 3 girls were doing the same thing. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

Wasn’t Victoria trying for So You Think You Can Dance, not World of Dance? I agree, she’s not good enough, but I don’t think the 3 girls were doing the same thing. 

Oops!  You're right.  Victoria WAS auditioning for "So You Think You Can Dance" and not World of Dance.  Mea Culpa.

20 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Oops!  You're right.  Victoria WAS auditioning for "So You Think You Can Dance" and not World of Dance.  Mea Culpa.

I can't see VK dancing with a group.  Spatial awareness and all:P

• Love 8
3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

OMG that is so awesome, I LOVE that show!!!!  Can't wait to see them rock it!!!!

• Love 2

Both shows are good.  Though I only get to watch them after the fact on the web (no cable), I like SYTYCD because it makes the dancers step outside of their comfort zones and try other styles of dance, especially those they may never have tried before.  WOD showcases amazing dancers in their strongest styles.  Both seem to take only the best dancers and, while many have sunk back into obscurity, some have gone on to bigger and better things.

I do wish that some of the dancers would actually DANCE.  I remember seeing some that would go from trick to trick and call that dancing.  Eva Igo was a prime example of that.  She performs well, but her routines seemed to be only about the tricks and showing off how flexible she was.  She came in second the first season she was on WOD but lost in the Duels the second round.  I remember how upset people were when she lost both times, but I also remember thinking that she needed to grow and improve (in both seasons, but especially the second), but didn't.

For this most current season of WOD, I just wish Kayla Mak had made it further in her season, but can understand why she didn't.  She had a beautiful blend of ballet and contemporary that showed off her training and imagination, but still appealed to the people.  The one thing I don't get with WOD is why the top scoring teams would sometimes be cut.  Wouldn't they be the ones that were considered safe from elimination?  Guess, I need to watch more often since I haven't in a while.

As for Tara and Simone, I wish them well and hope they do amazing things with their dance careers.  I hope we get to see them perform on live television and advance to the main show (especially if these are just regional qualifiers).

• Love 2

The choreographer/coach that Simone and Tara dance for is Evan Miller and he recently taught the DCC (back in Feb.). He thanked Shelly B for the opportunity. I like that Tara is still in the fold/connected, despite getting the boot. She seems happy. Hope their dance team has an amazing time.

• Love 5
On 4/28/2019 at 10:59 PM, Holly85 said:

E784B5A4-3B05-4A5C-95A6-43AE72F9C341.jpeg

Is that her? Also, why is Kitty a judge? 

10 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yes that’s her and because I guess Dorie asked her to come be a judge 

I mean..I guess it's clearly because she was asked..but that really wasn't an 'actual' question. I'm just..over her (lol)

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, raindancer said:

OMG that is so awesome, I LOVE that show!!!!  Can't wait to see them rock it!!!!

This is actually for the WOD convention that travels around the world, but the actual WOD show on TV. 

• Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ann Lux had her babies - Prescott and Draper!!!!!!!!

As a NICU nurse for 23 years and mom of a former preemie (29 weeker)....anytime I see twins make it to 36 weeks, I am jumping for joy! They are an awesome size, too!  I'm not surprised about the feeding issues...that's very common with preemies, even what we consider "late" preemies.  I am so happy for them... her babies are beautiful!!

13 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Those names though...😖

In my field (NICU) I have seen MUCH worse 🙂 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Those names though...😖

While I admit they are not names I would have chosen, I think she said they were family names. I’m a sucker for sentimental, so I can appreciate them for that reason. Besides, I have seen much, much worse!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sugarplum said:

While I admit they are not names I would have chosen, I think she said they were family names. I’m a sucker for sentimental, so I can appreciate them for that reason. Besides, I have seen much, much worse!

I promise you the kids in her kids classes will not care if they're family names or not...those poor girls. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

That poor, poor child. 

They are never going to find a souvenir license plate with their name on it when they go on vacation🤣  #firstworldproblems

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Anne’s babies names are going to be just fine in their little corner of the world — it’s not like any of these women have been naming their kids Jennifer or  Michael🙄

Exactly. “Different” is the new thing. Their peers won’t even think twice about it. I’ve taught for many years...Draper and “Scottie” are tame compared to some names I’ve had. 🤷‍♀️ I wouldn’t have chosen them, but I don’t think they are the worse ever or setting her kids up for a lifetime of ridicule. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

Exactly. “Different” is the new thing. Their peers won’t even think twice about it. I’ve taught for many years...Draper and “Scottie” are tame compared to some names I’ve had. 🤷‍♀️ I wouldn’t have chosen them, but I don’t think they are the worse ever or setting her kids up for a lifetime of ridicule. 

While Draper is a very questionable name, I have to say, I've heard some very...unique...names myself. Now more than ever. Like, I understand trying to capture both your s/o and your name, but there is absolutely NO reason a child should ever be named "ShaKeithia" (Sharon/Keith) or "ShaDerickka" (Shannon/Derrick) or anything tacky like that. I could go on, but I'm sure no one wants me to.

I honestly prefer the names the former DCC have named their children over any of the "unique" names I've heard. 

I don't care who I offend.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

While Draper is a very questionable name, I have to say, I've heard some very...unique...names myself. Now more than ever. Like, I understand trying to capture both your s/o and your name, but there is absolutely NO reason a child should ever be named "ShaKeithia" (Sharon/Keith) or "ShaDerickka" (Shannon/Derrick) or anything tacky like that. I could go on, but I'm sure no one wants me to.

I honestly prefer the names the former DCC have named their children over any of the "unique" names I've heard. 

I don't care who I offend.

I totally agree with everything you said. 

• Love 2

I wear a lot of clothes from Draper James, wondering if Ann does too 😂😂

I don’t mind either name, honestly. They have a southern, preppy vibe. A little bougie, but that’s Dallas in a nutshell anyway. They’ll be in good company with their peers. 

• Love 2

Since we've got a couple of weeks before auditions, I thought this may (or may not) be a fun "game" for us...  Since most of us on this forum are DCC fans, I was wondering who is the FIRST Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader that caught your eye and made you become a DCC fan??!

For me, it was Suzette Russell.  My older brother had this poster (it came out in 1979, so I was around 10 or 11 when he go it) and I just remember thinking that she was the prettiest girl I'd ever seen!!!  I wanted to be just like her!      Side note:  years later, I was on my high school drill team and then went on to become a Kilgore Rangerette... about 5 years after that, I found out that my HS Drill Team Director was a Rangerette WITH Suzette!  I thought that was so cool! lol

2019-05-02 (19) - Copy.png

2019-05-02 (21) - Copy.png

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Since we've got a couple of weeks before auditions, I thought this may (or may not) be a fun "game" for us...  Since most of us on this forum are DCC fans, I was wondering who is the FIRST Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader that caught your eye and made you become a DCC fan??!

For me, it was Suzette Russell.  My older brother had this poster (it came out in 1979, so I was around 10 or 11 when he go it) and I just remember thinking that she was the prettiest girl I'd ever seen!!!  I wanted to be just like her!      Side note:  years later, I was on my high school drill team and then went on to become a Kilgore Rangerette... about 5 years after that, I found out that my HS Drill Team Director was a Rangerette WITH Suzette!  I thought that was so cool! lol

I was in high school when she was a DCC! Thought she was gorgeous. Thus started my fascination with this squad! On a side note, two of my dance team officers were DCC’S in the early 80’s! Even back then, it was prestigious to be on the team! 😊

• Love 2

This woman (I wish I knew her name!) was the 1st on my radar when I was a kid, I always loved her look

image.png.80b07faa61ff1aef01d0877b9c8bb01d.png

Later on, there was Meredith Oden & Nicole Bulcher.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Tootie said:

For me it was the whole 1979 squad.  Including Suzette Russell, Suzette & Stephanie Scholz, etc.  My absolute favorite was Tami Barber (with the pigtails). image.png.e7b357623a208b254fcecf5b7da43f1f.png Since I wore my hair in a similar fashion it made sense. Also, a group from the 79 squad came to my town to perform at the state fair.  I was hooked, especially after getting to meet the ladies and get autographs.  Eeeeeeek :) 

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:22 AM, Holly85 said:

Yes that’s her and because I guess Dorie asked her to come be a judge 

It looks legit to me. That's the outfits they wear for finals and when the TCCs are announced.

Edited by MrsEVH
On 5/3/2019 at 7:44 PM, Kees080 said:

For me it was the whole 1979 squad.  Including Suzette Russell, Suzette & Stephanie Scholz, etc.  My absolute favorite was Tami Barber (with the pigtails). image.png.e7b357623a208b254fcecf5b7da43f1f.png Since I wore my hair in a similar fashion it made sense. Also, a group from the 79 squad came to my town to perform at the state fair.  I was hooked, especially after getting to meet the ladies and get autographs.  Eeeeeeek 🙂

I think Tami Barber was a fan favorite! She was adorable! 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Lmr29 said:

Y’all go to Jenna Jackson’s insta, she has put on major pounds, however I don’t think she realizes it considering her outfit choice

E8A4ECA1-D320-4944-9C7B-E434C08A1C69.jpeg

I’ve noticed!  At one point I asked this board if she was pregnant, she is not (or at least I don’t think).  She’s just filling out.  She’s still pretty small, I would love to be her size hahaha. 

Now about her choreo, I still say she’s a bootleg Michelle Keys!  Choreo is awful! 🤢

• Love 3
On 5/3/2019 at 7:18 PM, ByTor said:

This woman (I wish I knew her name!) was the 1st on my radar when I was a kid, I always loved her look

image.png.80b07faa61ff1aef01d0877b9c8bb01d.png

Later on, there was Meredith Oden & Nicole Bulcher.

I believe this is Jill Waggoner. She is a physician in the Dallas area. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, KickPretty said:

I’ve noticed!  At one point I asked this board if she was pregnant, she is not (or at least I don’t think).  She’s just filling out.  She’s still pretty small, I would love to be her size hahaha. 

Now about her choreo, I still say she’s a bootleg Michelle Keys!  Choreo is awful! 🤢

No way she's pregnant. She's addicted to the abortion clinic, remember? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

No way she's pregnant. She's addicted to the abortion clinic, remember? 

I wonder how much they are paying her to promote abortion and how much she earns to keep getting abortion.

Also off the Jenna topic, Simone, was she a Mavs before she was a DCC? Saw her posting some Mavs poster thing on her instagram and wondered whethered she was a Mavs before DCC or whether they asked her to do those posters etc

Edited by CrazyEve