Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

I think the fact that the show isn't on and nothing else is happening is why this is big news as well.  Once the swimsuit photos start rolling in, we'll be busy talking about who is too skinny, who has a skanky pose, who is tugging at their bathing suit bottoms, who is "natural" and who is making funny faces.  

You all do realize that this will be rehashed when the posters who take the year off between the seasons come back and start asking questions.  Where's Jinelle?  Is Jinelle filling in this season?  Hey, I heard Jinelle got engaged!  On and on and on...…….cause you know, nothing happens when the show isn't on🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Is her sexual orientation any of our business? Is she one of those celebrities? Does it matter who she's attracted too? Is there a timeframe for which one should divulge their personal business? And how does one publicly indicated what/who they are attracted too?

None of this is our business. But that’s what makes the podcasts so annoying - one of Shannon’s first questions is always “do you have a boyfriend?”  

1- if an official DCC podcasts asks the question, then it opens it up to being our business. I don’t agree with this but this is information that the organization is putting out themselves directly. 

2- future podcasts should be more sensitive in asking more gender neutral or non specific questions. Shannon never says “do you have a significant other?” or more gender neutral terms.  

3- actually, leave this question out of it. There are much better questions that can be asked (demonstrated when Kelli hosted the podcast with Robyn and Jessika a couple years ago)

4- the reason people are surprised is because everything within the DCC organization is framed in a very heteronormative way. So this news is not only surprising but it challenges how we discuss the girls and all of the assumptions we make about the girls. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Stee said:

None of this is our business. But that’s what makes the podcasts so annoying - one of Shannon’s first questions is always “do you have a boyfriend?”  

1- if an official DCC podcasts asks the question, then it opens it up to being our business. I don’t agree with this but this is information that the organization is putting out themselves directly. 

2- future podcasts should be more sensitive in asking more gender neutral or non specific questions. Shannon never says “do you have a significant other?” or more gender neutral terms.  

3- actually, leave this question out of it. There are much better questions that can be asked (demonstrated when Kelli hosted the podcast with Robyn and Jessika a couple years ago)

4- the reason people are surprised is because everything within the DCC organization is framed in a very heteronormative way. So this news is not only surprising but it challenges how we discuss the girls and all of the assumptions we make about the girls. 

It goes back to the comment I made about how podcasts with Courtney are like she’s just hanging with her friends and is being unprofessional.  Some stuff is personal and none of our business.  And what if the gal doesn’t want to talk about it?  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It goes back to the comment I made about how podcasts with Courtney are like she’s just hanging with her friends and is being unprofessional.  Some stuff is personal and none of our business.  And what if the gal doesn’t want to talk about it?  

Yes - I’ve always found it so uncomfortable when they ask Maddie about her situation and we have to hear her talk about why she is single. It’s incredibly unprofesssional, and none of our business. It’s also NOT IMPORTANT. She does so much charity work, she went from not making the team to leapfrogging into a Group Leader and triangle position in a short time. And all they want to talk about is their favorite foods, what Disney princess they want to be, and their dating situation. 

Everything Kelli Finglass is trying to promote during the show (that these girls are intelligent, well rounded, mature and articulate) is instantaneously destroyed once the girls appear on the podcast. They either need Kelli to interview them or have Kirstin Scales take over. As it stands, the current podcast devalues their worth. I’m a huge DCC fan and I truly loathe the podcast.  

Edited by Stee
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Stee said:

Yes - I’ve always found it so uncomfortable when they ask Maddie about her situation and we have to hear her talk about why she is single. It’s incredibly unprofesssional, and none of our business. It’s also NOT IMPORTANT. She does so much charity work, she went from not making the team to leapfrogging into a Group Leader and triangle position in a short time. And all they want to talk about is their favorite foods, what Disney princess they want to be, and their dating situation. 

Everything Kelli Finglass is trying to promote during the show (that these girls are intelligent, well rounded, mature and articulate) is instantaneously destroyed once the girls appear on the podcast. They either need Kelli to interview them or have Kirstin Scales take over. As it stands, the current podcast devalues their worth. I’m a huge DCC fan and I truly loathe the podcast.  

I think they should have a 5-10 minute segment where they ask questions like fave food, most embarrassing dcc moment, fave show, etc and emphasize it’s a quick answer.  I too have mentioned Kristi several times.  Professional, knows DCC history, and probably won’t beg for a beach bag;)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Is her sexual orientation any of our business? Is she one of those celebrities? Does it matter who she's attracted too? Is there a timeframe for which one should divulge their personal business? And how does one publicly indicated what/who they are attracted too?

Nope, but neither is 99.99% of everything we talk about on here either.

In terms of the DCC world, yes, she is one of those "celebrities."

She's happy. In the end, that is all that matters.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

Is her sexual orientation any of our business?

No, but if we only talked about things that were our business things would be pretty quiet around here 😉

But seriously, it's nice to see how many people are being respectful and non-snarky about this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

I also think one of the reasons girls might be hesitant to "come out" while they are a DCC is the image the DCC is trying to project (to the male football fans) as "attainable girl next door" types.

• Love 3

I am really surprised people look at this as some new, open inclusive DCC and Cowboys.  What I saw was two people who could not publicly be out until they no longer worked for the organization.

i am sure TPTB think they are open and accepting, but I am also sure the message was “We are happy for you but obviously you can’t be open about this while you work for us. I am sure you understand!”  Maybe that is what passes for being accepting in The organization — these girls have already been brow beaten into accepting so many other ridiculous things as normal.

A different topic — Jenn M’s latest insta story. She is the worst ever. No one is offended, jenn, they just think you are a pompous asshole.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think they should have a 5-10 minute segment where they ask questions like fave food, most embarrassing dcc moment, fave show, etc and emphasize it’s a quick answer.  I too have mentioned Kristi several times.  Professional, knows DCC history, and probably won’t beg for a beach bag;)

Agreed.  How do I say this without sounding like a hypocrite?  Bear with me.  I love the podcasts.  I enjoy listening and "getting to know" the DCC.  I became a Savannah fan listening to her on the podcasts.  However, I have been quite critical of Shannon and Courtney for all of the reasons that I have previously stated.  I hope they keep the podcasts going BUT....Courtney and Shannon need to be replaced with someone, Kristi Scales would be nice, that will ask respectful and insightful questions.  I am sure Courtney is a nice person but she has been doing the show long enough and still not improved.  Give the DCC and us, the fans, the respect we deserve.

• Love 1

I just looked at Jinelle’s Instagram again and saw a comment from Cassie about “finally being able to wear” the ring. That to me points even more to them not being allowed to be out as Cowboys employees.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Stee said:

May I also add, some people are shocked because for them homosexuality is not the norm. And people don't understand the emotional process of coming out to family and especially the public. It not like "I got bangs!" It a sensitive, delicate, and intimate decision , NOT A PUBLIC RELATIONS OPPORTUNITY. 

44 minutes ago, tteek74 said:
Edited by TexasBorn
Did not mean to merge my responses.
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Nope, but neither is 99.99% of everything we talk about on here either.

In terms of the DCC world, yes, she is one of those "celebrities."

She's happy. In the end, that is all that matters.

I meant, is Jinelle, Ellen or Sarah? People are not the same and do things on there own timeline. There's no instruction booklet on coming out. There's no celebrity guide to coming out.

2 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

I am really surprised people look at this as some new, open inclusive DCC and Cowboys.  What I saw was two people who could not publicly be out until they no longer worked for the organization.

i am sure TPTB think they are open and accepting, but I am also sure the message was “We are happy for you but obviously you can’t be open about this while you work for us. I am sure you understand!”  Maybe that is what passes for being accepting in The organization — these girls have already been brow beaten into accepting so many other ridiculous things as normal.

15 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I just looked at Jinelle’s Instagram again and saw a comment from Cassie about “finally being able to wear” the ring. That to me points even more to them not being allowed to be out as Cowboys employees.

While I agree that the DCC and Cowboys are in all likelihood not as open or accepting as some would like to think, you also have to remember that they were both employees, one in a subordinate position for at least part of the time -- so you've got more than just being homosexual as a reason for not being open about the relationship. Even if one had been male, they would still have probably kept quiet about it until one or both was out of the organization.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Refreshing to know that even Cassie is openminded. 

37 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I meant, is Jinelle, Ellen or Sarah? People are not the same and do things on there own timeline. There's no instruction booklet on coming out. There's no celebrity guide to coming out.

Not sure what point you're trying to make. No one is saying she should or shouldn't have come out sooner or how she should have come out. If you go back to the original posts, the question was "why are you shocked?" and the simple answer was because it was unexpected and seemingly out of the blue. In our eyes, she went from having a boyfriend in Australia to being engaged to a woman. We would have been just as shocked if she had suddenly announced she was engaged to some A-list male celebrity. It was a surprise, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

as far as we know, she's never said or done anything to indicate that she likes women. Someone like Ellen DeGeneres or Sara Gilbert who have been open about it for a long time is not shocking. With Jinelle, it just seems out of the blue = shocking.

Some people are more private than others. Some people don't know how to indicate their sexual orientation. Texas is "traditional" .

Edited by TexasBorn
3 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

A different topic — Jenn M’s latest insta story. She is the worst ever. No one is offended, jenn, they just think you are a pompous asshole.

Whose Jenn M? Do you mean Jenna? What's the story about? 

3 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

1 hour ago, tteek74 said:

Okay I immediately went to listen to Jen’s insta. Wow. She did sound rude. 

She did not look pensive. She looked like she had a chip on her shoulder.

congrats to Jinelle! 

What's the story? I don't have instagram so can't see the insta stories.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

(Whose Jenn M? Do you mean Jenna? What's the story about? 

8 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

What's the story? I don't have instagram so can't see the insta stories.

It might be Jenn K, cause she starts her stories saying she hopes she doesn't offend anyone.  She says that some girls think they are great dancers cause they can do "tricks" over technique, and she disagrees with that.  Basically she thinks quality over quantity is what matters.  (Now that is someone who makes a good dance teacher or coach.  Won't just blow glitter up a girl's tush).  She also says that she meets girls who don't want to audition cause they think they have nothing to give, and she herself thinks they have the physique, the beauty, the talent, etc and she has to convince them to try out.  

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 2

Rewatching Season 7, and I cannot believe how short Brittney's skirt was in the one scene with TC Candidate Ashley Marie. You could almost see her cash and prizes when she stood up and definitely almost saw them when she was sitting. Obviously she did not follow the fashion do's and don't advice given my Kelli.

5 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make. No one is saying she should or shouldn't have come out sooner or how she should have come out. If you go back to the original posts, the question was "why are you shocked?" and the simple answer was because it was unexpected and seemingly out of the blue. In our eyes, she went from having a boyfriend in Australia to being engaged to a woman. We would have been just as shocked if she had suddenly announced she was engaged to some A-list male celebrity. It was a surprise, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thank you.  I was surprised.  It does not in any way represent a close-minded attitude.  It is merely because she had a boyfriend. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Opine said:

Thank you.  I was surprised.  It does not in any way represent a close-minded attitude.  It is merely because she had a boyfriend. 

Have we ever seen the boyfriend? She could of course just be bi or started exploring her sexuality after moving away. Or she just wanted to fit in and talked about her boyfriend instead of girlfriend.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Opine said:

There is no rule things need to be accepted at a certain pace.  I could care less if someone’s gay. But I was taken aback.  That’s not a crime for anyone posting here.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Rewatching Season 7, and I cannot believe how short Brittney's skirt was in the one scene with TC Candidate Ashley Marie. You could almost see her cash and prizes when she stood up and definitely almost saw them when she was sitting. Obviously she did not follow the fashion do's and don't advice given my Kelli.

Was that one of those coffee shop scenes where a vet is giving a rookie TC advice?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Have we ever seen the boyfriend? She could of course just be bi or started exploring her sexuality after moving away. Or she just wanted to fit in and talked about her boyfriend instead of girlfriend.

When Jinelle first auditioned, they showed footage of her at home in Australia and they showed her with her boyfriend and I am fairly certain she said they were dating for 5 years. I remember because I was wondering how they could have made it work with her away so long. Obviously it did not work out. 

• Love 1

1) I think people are probably being slightly unfair on the Cowboys, CMT makes out the organization is weirdly old fashioned and traditional but Kelli, Judy etc have been around the entertainment business enough that they definitely aren't homophobic and Charlotte is genuinely a pretty worldly sophisticated person (star touching aside...)

2) I think they had to keep it private because of contracts rather than LGBT stuff, hence the Cassie comment. 

3) AGREED RE SHANNON - really really hope he isn't hosting in the future and he always sounds so sleazy when he asks about whether they're single. It's not irrelevant to me, it's a behind the scenes show after all, but there's a way to ask that isn't so gross. 

On 4/20/2019 at 6:44 AM, Stee said:

Yes - I’ve always found it so uncomfortable when they ask Maddie about her situation and we have to hear her talk about why she is single. It’s incredibly unprofesssional, and none of our business. It’s also NOT IMPORTANT.

4) What's the Maddie situ? Is it because she's a Mormon or something else. Tea spill please.

5) Again. Yay Jinelle. So much yay for Jinelle. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

1) I think people are probably being slightly unfair on the Cowboys, CMT makes out the organization is weirdly old fashioned and traditional but Kelli, Judy etc have been around the entertainment business enough that they definitely aren't homophobic and Charlotte is genuinely a pretty worldly sophisticated person (star touching aside...)

2) I think they had to keep it private because of contracts rather than LGBT stuff, hence the Cassie comment. 

3) AGREED RE SHANNON - really really hope he isn't hosting in the future and he always sounds so sleazy when he asks about whether they're single. It's not irrelevant to me, it's a behind the scenes show after all, but there's a way to ask that isn't so gross. 

4) What's the Maddie situ? Is it because she's a Mormon or something else. Tea spill please.

5) Again. Yay Jinelle. So much yay for Jinelle. 

I agree that Jinelle & Katy's situation probably had a lot to do with their contracts, but putting Kelli's, Judy's, & Charlotte's personal views aside, I don't see the DCC organization as openly embracing the LGBT culture anytime soon. Just like many don't see (& many also don't want) male DCC anytime soon, it's an organization highly aimed at heterosexual males & LGBT just doesn't fit into that image. They can talk progressive and women empowerment all they want, but they are still very much there to please the men. That doesn't mean I see them purposely excluding LGBT, but they're not going to openly embrace it either. I would see it more as a don't ask/don't tell situation. Remember all the TCC candidates they used to bring in and rake over the coals about questionable pics on the internet? I see it similar to that -- not something they want to have to deal with if they can avoid it.

As far as Maddie's situation, I would like to know what that is too. She wouldn't have to be single because she's Mormon -- there's plenty of Mormon boys in Dallas and Mormon culture would actually lean more toward pushing her to be out there dating and finding the right mate than remaining single. Is it just Shannon's sleaziness coming through & making everyone uncomfortable because he's making digs at Maddie's straight-laced culture (no drinking,  pre-marital sex, etc.) or what?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

As far as Maddie's situation, I would like to know what that is too. She wouldn't have to be single because she's Mormon -- there's plenty of Mormon boys in Dallas and Mormon culture would actually lean more toward pushing her to be out there dating and finding the right mate than remaining single. Is it just Shannon's sleaziness coming through & making everyone uncomfortable because he's making digs at Maddie's straight-laced culture (no drinking,  pre-marital sex, etc.) or what?

Shannon may just not get it, and I understand. I'm a very devout Christian (although not Mormon) and when I let it be known to the guys I went out with that I wasn't having pre-marital sex, most of the men I met vanished after the first few dates. Even many of the Christian ones. I didn't get married until I was 35 and yes (gasp) he was also a virgin. It was just something that was important to me, I don't expect other people to live by that or share that stance at all. Maddie may feel the same way and it can sometimes feel like a lonely place to be. For me, it was worth it in the end. But most people don't get why someone would purposefully choose that path.

In the Mormon world, the pressure to date with a view toward marriage/kids within a year or so is quite strong.  She knows if she gets serious with a Mormon guy, her DCC life will probably be coming to an end in the quasi-near future, so why not enjoy the freedom she has now to pursue it and all that it offers before getting committed.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 12

Tobie and Courtney Cook were both from Utah; were they Mormons? What about Mykell who was in the 2005 DCC MTT show?  Was she a Mormon? She got cut and said she was going home to marry her boyfriend. She ended up dancing on the Utah Jazz Dancers for a few years.

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Tobie and Courtney Cook were both from Utah; were they Mormons? What about Mykell who was in the 2005 DCC MTT show?  Was she a Mormon? She got cut and said she was going home to marry her boyfriend. She ended up dancing on the Utah Jazz Dancers for a few years.

Tobie is not mormon.  Courtney's immediate family is actively LDS but, I don't believe she is.  I've never heard anyone mention her Hawaiian wedding was later solemnized in a mo temple.  Yes, Maddie is active mormon as is her fam.  Tasha is also LDS having converted her husband.

Edited by Annette
Added info
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Megan just gets prettier and prettier with every picture.  I don't get how that's even possible!

Agree.  She was always one of my favorites.  She looked so pretty when she danced in this dress for finals.

• Love 6

I've had fun viewing various accounts of the vets now calling themselves the "old stars" who performed today for the NFL draft.

I've missed seeing many of these faces.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I've had fun viewing various accounts of the vets now calling themselves the "old stars" who performed today for the NFL draft.

I've missed seeing many of these faces.

Who's in this line up?

On 4/25/2019 at 7:30 PM, BringItOn said:

Who's in this line up?

I haven't seen a full list but a few I do know are Jessica Marie, Chantal, Danielle, Khalyn, Lacey, Tasha, Jinelle, Jessika, Amy T., Stephanie and Kash.  Perhaps @ShellyB will stop by to let us know.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

I haven't seen a full list but a few I do know are Jessica Marie, Chantal, Danielle, Khalyn, Lacey, Tasha, Jinelle, Jessika, Stephanie and Kash.  Perhaps @ShellyB will stop by to let us know.

I saw Yuko in another picture...so she was there as well. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kayce said:

I saw Yuko in another picture...so she was there as well. 

Poor Yuko, sorry I forgot you!  I think Emma was also in the group.  There was a video on Jenn K's live but it had so many special effects it was hard to see the girls and names posted. 😬

• Love 1
13 hours ago, BringItOn said:

Who's in this line up?

Not everyone is in the dance, looks like some are just appearances. In the video, it looks like Kashara, Lacey, Tasha, Jessika, Khalyn, Kelli, Jinelle, Stephanie, Danielle and Emma. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I know I'm gonna kick myself but I can't think of the name of the girl btwn Rowdy and Tasha

ETA - Nichole Bulcher?

Yes, Nicole! Love her!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1