Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

I saw pics on Katy’s insta of them together (never by each other) when Jinelle was a DCC. So were they together while she was a coach and Jinelle was a DCC. That seems like a huge conflict. DCCs can’t fraternize with players... buys what’s the rule with DCC coaches?! 

Happy for Jinelle regardless, but it would be a double standard for me if they were semi open with others that they were together. While, girls that are with players get shunned. Jinelle has been embraced. Curious to know more.

edit for spelling and also to say I don’t think Katy was a direct coach. It just seems weird to me. I can’t have a relationship with someone my superior at my job per HR. Seems like a place like DC. Would have similar rules. 

Edited by aubshart
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, aubshart said:

I saw pics on Katy’s insta of them together (never by each other) when Jinelle was a DCC. So were they together while she was a coach and Jinelle was a DCC. That seems like a huge conflict. DCCs can’t fraternize with players... buys what’s the rule with DCC coaches?! 

Happy for Jinelle regardless, but it would be a double standard for me if they were semi open with other that they were together. While, girls that are with players get shunned. Jinelle has been embraced. Curious to know more.

C765428F-F629-4E9E-8FC2-BFB45B45CE09.jpeg

Judging by some of the comments, they’ve been together/engaged for the while but had to hide it. Does this mean until they had both finished up at DCC? Or just until they’d told their nearest and dearest. I think it would be great to have more LBGT cheerleaders but I imagine they’d be worried about tarnishing the image, which is a real shame especially when Jinelle was an exemplary cheerleader! 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Judging by some of the comments, they’ve been together/engaged for the while but had to hide it. Does this mean until they had both finished up at DCC? Or just until they’d told their nearest and dearest. I think it would be great to have more LBGT cheerleaders but I imagine they’d be worried about tarnishing the image, which is a real shame especially when Jinelle was an exemplary cheerleader! 

Katy has a whole Instagram tab about going to Australia. I would assume their parents knew already. It’s seems like they had to wait until their jobs were done. Not necessarily because of the LGBT part, but because they work together. Kelli’s daughter posted about how excited she was, so I would guess Kelli knew it was going on.  I’m just perplexed (but also happy) that they are being congratulated and everything. But I don’t understand how higher ups can justify blacklisting girls who get in relationships with players (Paige)but know about this and be okay with it. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jennv said:

So according to IG jinelle just got engaged to a woman? Nothing wrong with that at all, but I am surprised. Was she out the whole time and I missed it? 

It's been a well kept secret for awhile. I'm actually surprised she made a public announcement. I thought they were just going to move to AU and then announce. Good for them!

• Love 3

Unless it’s only happened romantically in the past year since Jinelle retired perhaps? I mean, does age maybe have something to do with it? Many of the ones fratinising with players have been younger whereas she is 30. I don’t know the ins and out of it all but let’s face it, Kelli has always had her favourites who can basically do what they want anyway so it’s nothing new in that way. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Unless it’s only happened romantically in the past year since Jinelle retired perhaps? I mean, does age maybe have something to do with it? Many of the ones fratinising with players have been younger whereas she is 30. I don’t know the ins and out of it all but let’s face it, Kelli has always had her favourites who can basically do what they want anyway so it’s nothing new in that way. 

I agree. Let's not drag Kelli's dysfunctional leadership skills into this ... Let's just celebrate that Jinelle found LOVE (in crazy-ass DCC world). I'm so over the moon for Jinelle and Katy!!!

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 15

I thought Katy did the scheduling for appearances and SG appearances and go on some of the appearances with the girls. I think she was in the Season 10 SG tryout scenes, and she was the one who said Angela was turning down appearances.

I am happy for the both of them. Jinelle is glowing in the pictures.

Edited by bigskygirl
46 minutes ago, aubshart said:

Katy has a whole Instagram tab about going to Australia. I would assume their parents knew already. It’s seems like they had to wait until their jobs were done. Not necessarily because of the LGBT part, but because they work together. Kelli’s daughter posted about how excited she was, so I would guess Kelli knew it was going on.  I’m just perplexed (but also happy) that they are being congratulated and everything. But I don’t understand how higher ups can justify blacklisting girls who get in relationships with players (Paige)but know about this and be okay with it. 

I don’t see how it’s a double standard. If we want to be fair, Paige didn’t keep it entirely a secret either and i doubt Kelli had no idea. She decided to go public about it and quit over it. I don’t believe they would force her out otherwise. They only made a big deal out of Jenna/Holly because they were caught in public.

In most companies as long as one isn’t the direct manager of the other and they keep it a secret until they get married they won’t do a thing about it.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought Katy did the scheduling for appearances and SG appearances and go on some of the appearances with the girls. I think she was in the Season 10 SG tryout scenes, and she was the one who said Angela was turning down appearances.

I am happy for the both of them. Jinelle is glowing in the pictures.

Katy did do a whole lot of scheduling & for a variety of DCC events...including when Jinelle was performing.  Does that mean favoritism took place;  hard to prove either way. 

Leaving for Australia AFTER you're careers with the Cowboys Franchise ended, proves NOTHING.  

Let's see how they handle ANY openly gay player &/or DCC.  The NFL motto is to hide then deny.  They never deal with the violence against women or anything else.   Gay just doesn't happen in the NFL. 😉

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

It's been a well kept secret for awhile. I'm actually surprised she made a public announcement. I thought they were just going to move to AU and then announce. Good for them!

Maybe this has been said.  I am not caught up.  Do not get me wrong, I am happy for them and have nothing against Jinelle BUT Jinelle only retired a year ago, prior to that she was on Show Group.  Isn't Katy in charge of booking show group appearances AND being a judge for Show Group?  Sounds like a big conflict of interest.  Are we to assume that fraternization with STAFF is ok when you are a DCC but NOT ok with players?  I agree with no fraternization with players but DCC should not be fraternizing with staff either, especially staff that are so closely working with the DCC.  It is not like Katy was in the accounting dept and had nothing to do with working with the Cheerleaders.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, J-R said:

Maybe this has been said.  I am not caught up.  Do not get me wrong, I am happy for them and have nothing against Jinelle BUT Jinelle only retired a year ago, prior to that she was on Show Group.  Isn't Katy in charge of booking show group appearances AND being a judge for Show Group?  Sounds like a big conflict of interest.  Are we to assume that fraternization with STAFF is ok when you are a DCC but NOT ok with players?  I agree with no fraternization with players but DCC should not be fraternizing with staff either, especially staff that are so closely working with the DCC.  It is not like Katy was in the accounting dept and had nothing to do with working with the Cheerleaders.

Katy was never a judge for show group that I can remember.  She's usually been in the background on the show.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Katy was never a judge for show group that I can remember.  She's usually been in the background on the show.

She was there when Angela tried out for the last time and made a comment about turning down appearances.  Maybe she was not a judge but it sounded like she had a say in things.  As I said, either way, I am happy for them both.  They look beautiful and full of love.

• Love 2

Just popped in to say how excited I am for Jinelle and Katy! They are both wonderful and it’s so great they can be open about their relationship! Can not believe all the comments comparing this to a current DCC dating a player. It’s not the same thing and that’s all I’ll say about that. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

That might sound weird, but I’ve been wondering about this honestly. With so many women on this team through decades, what are the odds that Jinelle is the only queer dcc? I wonder whether they can be honest with their teammates and just not the public (which I kinda understand along with the no drinking no ho-eing publicly as long as you’re an america’s sweetheart), or they have to keep it a secret altogether.

She isn't. Leslie Ezelle is gay, but probably was not out when when she was on the team in 1989. Statistically speaking, I'm sure there are others.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I’ve been reading the comments and there’s so many confused comments. Do they not know about gay relationships? It’s really not that hard to get lol she’s engaged to Katy who is the dog’s mom

I was one of them.   Yes I know there are gay relationships.  

I had NO CLUE Janelle was gay.  Good for her and her fiancé.  I think it’s wonderful!  

A lesbian DCC.  Wow.  My husband is like why are u freaking out. In our little niche DCC world it’s a first. 

Edited by Runnergrl37
  • Love 4

I love, love, love that Jinelle and Katy can be open about their relationship, engagement, and love.  These women are shattering so many preconceptions, stereotypes and assumptions about what it means to be LGBTQ, feminine, feminist, and part of the DCC organization.  I have a whole new respect for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders organization and the support and embrace they have shown these two beautiful women.  (I think Katy is the woman who allowed my daughter to register as a walk-in and participate in the DCC camp at Oxnard a few summers back.  So she is good in my book.)

• Love 7

I was reading the other threads and was wondering what was going on with Jinelle and who the other person was in the picture.  Then, I come over here and it's all much clearer.  I don't care what Jinelle's sexual preferences are (evidence is, she's at least bi since she had a boyfriend in Australia).  Sometimes getting out of your comfort zone and growing allows you to explore other sides of yourself without having the pressures of family, friends and the familiar around you to criticize your choices.  I'm happy that Jinelle got engaged to someone who makes her happy.  I just hope that the relationship is allowed to progress naturally.

I wonder whose head exploded in the DCC management offices when Jinelle's and Katy's engagement was announced.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I was reading the other threads and was wondering what was going on with Jinelle and who the other person was in the picture.  Then, I come over here and it's all much clearer.  I don't care what Jinelle's sexual preferences are (evidence is, she's at least bi since she had a boyfriend in Australia).  Sometimes getting out of your comfort zone and growing allows you to explore other sides of yourself without having the pressures of family, friends and the familiar around you to criticize your choices.  I'm happy that Jinelle got engaged to someone who makes her happy.  I just hope that the relationship is allowed to progress naturally.

I wonder whose head exploded in the DCC management offices when Jinelle's and Katy's engagement was announced.

What does that mean? 

• Love 1

I have way more respect for Kelli and judy if they knew and supported Jinelle and Katy.  Coming out, even in 2019, is a big deal when you’re in the public eye.  This is refreshing to see in the tight DCC world. 

Edited by pizzaandcatsrlife
I can’t fucking spell
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Hopefully they just congratulated them? 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, California Girl said:

I have a whole new respect for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders organization and the support and embrace they have shown these two beautiful women.

I think to have done otherwise would have been way worse than any bad publicity they ever suffered.  Perception is everything.

13 hours ago, J-R said:

I don't think Katy ever judged SG auditions.  She was asked her opinion on the other Aussie (I'm blanking on her name and don't feel like scrolling lol ) and she told her that she had turned down several appearance requests. She was never touted as a judge...but I could be wrong about that...I often am as I am usually reminded 🙂

Edited by Kayce
10 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

What does that mean? 

Just that some people, instead of saying they're against the relationship entirely, will say or do something to promote straight relationships or to interfere in other ways.  In some cases, they'll either accidentally or deliberately attempt to sabotage the relationship.  Granted, some people will do this no matter WHO the partner is, just because it's not the person THEY would have picked for themselves or the other person.

I'm probably not explaining this right, but I had thought that there were some people who would not be happy with who Jinelle chose for their own reasons.

Edited by EricaShadows

A person may not be bi-sexual because they had a boyfriend and then end up marrying someone of the same sex. Some gays and lesbians have dated or married someone of the opposite sex. My cousin is gay, and he was married to a woman for a short time before getting a divorce.

Now back on topic...I am so happy for Jinelle and Katy. I wish them a long and happy marriage. I like Katy, and I think they are a lovely couple.

58 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Just that some people, instead of saying they're against the relationship entirely, will say or do something to promote straight relationships or to interfere in other ways.  In some cases, they'll either accidentally or deliberately attempt to sabotage the relationship.  Granted, some people will do this no matter WHO the partner is, just because it's not the person THEY would have picked for themselves or the other person.

I'm probably not explaining this right, but I had thought that there were some people who would not be happy with who Jinelle chose for their own reasons.

Got it.

3 hours ago, Kayce said:

I don't think Katy ever judged SG auditions.  She was asked her opinion on the other Aussie (I'm blanking on her name and don't feel like scrolling lol ) and she told her that she had turned down several appearance requests. She was never touted as a judge...but I could be wrong about that...I often am as I am usually reminded 🙂

Angela was the other Aussie.

Isn't Katie one of Kelli's assistants? She might've been helping out at SG auditions like writing/recording stuff like scores for Kelli.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Angela was the other Aussie.

Isn't Katie one of Kelli's assistants? She might've been helping out at SG auditions like writing/recording stuff like scores for Kelli.

That's what I was thinking... 🙂 and Angela...thank you! I blanked 🙂

I was totally shocked by the Jinelle and Katy relationship! Just seems so strange to make an engagement post as the first public announcement of them even being lesbians. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kayce said:

It was Angela and I re-watched last season Show Group auditions and Katy was there, judging.  She was even introduced as a judge.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

*GASP* They are LESBIANS and they are CO-WORKERS.

GET. OVER. IT.

I, personally, think it is AWESOME.  Beyond happy for them both.  The only comment was if  Katy was judging anything Jinelle was trying out for while they were in a relationship.  

• Love 3

I do not think Katy had too much say so in who made SG or who went on the appearances. I think Shelly B. also work on who went on appearances and was a judge at least once on the show at SG tryouts. Kelli and Charlotte run the organization with Judy getting some say so in things. If K, C and J thought Katy and Jinelle were causing problems in relations to SG and appearances, they would have said something.

19 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I’ve been reading the comments and there’s so many confused comments. Do they not know about gay relationships? It’s really not that hard to get lol she’s engaged to Katy who is the dog’s mom

The comments I saw on her post I think were mostly passive aggressive. I mean someone commented something like where’s the man she’s engaged to...

18 hours ago, California Girl said:

I love, love, love that Jinelle and Katy can be open about their relationship, engagement, and love.  These women are shattering so many preconceptions, stereotypes and assumptions about what it means to be LGBTQ, feminine, feminist, and part of the DCC organization.  I have a whole new respect for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders organization and the support and embrace they have shown these two beautiful women.  (I think Katy is the woman who allowed my daughter to register as a walk-in and participate in the DCC camp at Oxnard a few summers back.  So she is good in my book.)

I’m sorry but I doubt they showed any “support”. I don’t know obviously what went on behind the scenes but considering how conservative the organization is plus the fact that the first (and only)post of them came after they left dcc, it says a lot to me. 

1 hour ago, J-R said:

It was Angela and I re-watched last season Show Group auditions and Katy was there, judging.  She was even introduced as a judge.

Well they have around 10 judges for auditions too but do we honestly think their opinions matter? Jinelle was one of Kelli’s favorites so I doubt she got SG thanks to her girlfriend specifically. I don’t think she did more engagements than is usual for senior SG vets and she definitely didn’t help her in getting a better spot or PBC.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, J-R said:

I'm sure this is probably fairly new ground for them since the DCC is women run by mostly women (There's Jay for fitness, Marshall (whose gay) for makeovers & the men they bring in for judging, photoshoots, and as guest choreographers -- but are there any men on the year round regular DCC staff?). It probably never crossed their minds that they would need a clause in the contract about dating another cheerleader or a (female) staff member.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

I'm sure this is probably fairly new ground for them since the DCC is women run by mostly women (There's Jay for fitness, Marshall (whose gay) for makeovers & the men they bring in for judging, photoshoots, and as guest choreographers -- but are there any men on the year round regular DCC staff?). It probably never crossed their minds that they would need a clause in the contract about dating another cheerleader or a (female) staff member.

I respectfully disagree. Employment policies can be rewritten to match the changing times. And it's up to the supervisors/managers/directors to implement them. Perhaps Kelli approved and/or turned a blind eye.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I respectfully disagree. Employment policies can be rewritten to match the changing times. And it's up to the supervisors/managers/directors to implement them. Perhaps Kelli approved and/or turned a blind eye.

I'm not saying employment policies can't or shouldn't be rewritten, just that it's probably new ground for them -- not something that they foresaw the need to explicitly spell out -- just like there probably isn't (or wasn't until recently) anything in football players' contracts about having relationships with each other or the male coaches -- common sense says that it would not be approved of, but not something (especially in conservative Texas) they anticipated or saw the need to explicitly forbid. (And let's be honest, it's kind of a universal given that it's not a good idea/approved thing to date those you work closely with and especially not those you supervise or are supervised by -- so did they really need to explicitly forbid it? Katy & Jinelle kept it quiet until they both quit so they had an idea there could be a problem whether explicitly stated in their contract or not.)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Katy & Jinelle kept it quiet until they both quit so they had an idea there could be a problem whether explicitly stated in their contract or not.

I thought it had already been mentioned Katy and Jinelle's relationship was known, but referred to as an "open secret"? 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I’m not naive nor conservative. One of my best friends is a gay man.  But why am I still shocked Jinelle’s a lesbian?  

I'm not shocked. Why are you shocked?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I thought it had already been mentioned Katy and Jinelle's relationship was known, but referred to as an "open secret"? 

So they were keeping it quiet -- not posting obvious pics that they're a couple, etc. until after they left the organization. Some insiders knew (it is a close knit organization, after all), but the general public didn't. Look how many people are saying they're surprised Jinelle is gay (and probably Katy, too -- it's just that Jinelle is more well known). They didn't flaunt it so presumably TPTB handled it quietly (a la Paige). If they had been openly posting on social media, etc. it probably would have been more of a Jenna/Holly situation. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I’m not naive nor conservative. One of my best friends is a gay man.  But why am I still shocked Jinelle’s a lesbian?  

9 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I'm not shocked. Why are you shocked?

Because it's always been said that she had a boyfriend back in Australia and, as far as we know, she's never said or done anything to indicate that she likes women. Someone like Ellen DeGeneres or Sara Gilbert who have been open about it for a long time is not shocking. With Jinelle, it just seems out of the blue = shocking.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Because it's always been said that she had a boyfriend back in Australia and, as far as we know, she's never said or done anything to indicate that she likes women. Someone like Ellen DeGeneres or Sara Gilbert who have been open about it for a long time is not shocking. With Jinelle, it just seems out of the blue = shocking.

Exactly.  Thank you

33 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Is her sexual orientation any of our business? Is she one of those celebrities? Does it matter who she's attracted too? Is there a timeframe for which one should divulge their personal business? And how does one publicly indicated what/who they are attracted too?

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 8