Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
dreamcatcher

Former DCC's: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

Ive always wondered when they speak about past DCC that have gone onto other endeavors/success. They barely ever speak on Jill Marie Jones...She is a super successful television actress and is still acting to this day...Melissa Rycroft seems to always be put on this pedestal as the highest ranking face to ever DCC. Abigail Klein too. I am guessing though it is do to the MTT show...I wondered if they will ever do a segment on where she is now.

Like even when you type in famed DCC she isn't sometimes added. She cheered for two years...361full-jill-marie-jones.jpg.99c4638aead27d8180edb8ab8a228031.jpg

6d73e8e2f025da762c8a28de17916b07.jpg.68361c9006c2ef1f25fbc6c12873226c.jpg

image.thumb.png.2e585c50c94aedc0aba5f283eae1c7f3.png

Edited by Dal8las
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

They barely ever speak on Jill Marie Jones...She is a super successful television actress and is still acting to this day...Melissa Rycroft seems to always be put on this pedestal as the highest ranking face to ever DCC. Abigail Klein too.

Wasn't she on the show Girlfriends?  Sarah Shahi gets talked about, and is known outside of being a DCC.  I think the only ones who really know Abigail are DCC fans.

• Like 1

Well, to be fair. Melissa is highlighted because she was on the team during the life of the show, is still involved in the show, and her fame comes from activities where she was highlighted as a former DCC.

Sarah and JMJ rarely speak of their time on the team. Neither of them have claimed it as a major life-altering experience, and they've done so many other things in their careers, that being a DCC is relatively less interesting. Plus, they were both on the team a long time ago (20-25 years), memories fade, and unless they themselves bring it up, there's no reason why anyone would bother to mention it.

It's not that JMJ isn't given "credit," it's that she moved on a long time ago. There's no point in the DCC hyping her up as a former member when she clearly has no interest in the association. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

26 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Sarah and JMJ rarely speak of their time on the team. 

Well, didn't Sarah only perform in 2-3 games before she quit?  She made the calendar cover because in those days brand new just made the team rookies got to go on the shoot, right after TC.  I can see why she doesn't like to talk about it.

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, didn't Sarah only perform in 2-3 games before she quit?  She made the calendar cover because in those days brand new just made the team rookies got to go on the shoot, right after TC.  I can see why she doesn't like to talk about it.

Yes, she quit very early in the season. I'm not even sure if she made it to the regular season.

• Useful 1

6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Well, to be fair. Melissa is highlighted because she was on the team during the life of the show, is still involved in the show, and her fame comes from activities where she was highlighted as a former DCC.

Sarah and JMJ rarely speak of their time on the team. Neither of them have claimed it as a major life-altering experience, and they've done so many other things in their careers, that being a DCC is relatively less interesting. Plus, they were both on the team a long time ago (20-25 years), memories fade, and unless they themselves bring it up, there's no reason why anyone would bother to mention it.

It's not that JMJ isn't given "credit," it's that she moved on a long time ago. There's no point in the DCC hyping her up as a former member when she clearly has no interest in the association. 

I get her not speaking on it, but i'm surprised she isn't mentioned sometimes when they speak about famous Alumni on the Dallas side. I legit found out when I read her Wiki cause of the show Girlfriends...

I know it's not popular, but it means something to sign your name to a contract and agree to the terms, and those terms stipulated the expectations both on the job and off. 

If the contract states that a boss (GL in this case) has to monitor an "underling" (for lack of a better word) in her private life, then Jenna was wrong not to do anything.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I love Jacie!!! She's one of my all time faves and I'm so thrilled for her and her new fiance'!!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

If the contract states that a boss (GL in this case) has to monitor an "underling" (for lack of a better word) in her private life, then Jenna was wrong not to do anything.  

Honestly, I think part of the issue is that the scenes were so choppy that it was hard to contemplate exactly what happened. 

If the issue was that Jenna broke the rules on her own, that’s fair, but that wasn’t said (we’ve heard from insiders that she fraternized the year before, but not that she’s was still engaging in that when the stuff with Holly went down). If the issue was that she was at clubs that are 21 and up with a team member who was 20, that could be fair to punish her for that, but depends on the circumstances. I don’t think a GL has an obligation to tell someone to go home from a bar or report them to management, but if she’s riding with her there or buying her drinks (which wasn’t stated), well I can see why that would bother them. If it’s just a, “as a GL, you had an obligation to coach and mentor Holly,” I think that’s bs. Not only is Holly an adult, but I think that’s a very difficult standard to hold and one that they’re clearly not consistent on. I would bet money that Holly is not the first DCC who has went to bars when she wasn’t 21, broken rules, or drank underage with GLs on the team having knowledge of it and not reporting it. Hell, Danielle (who was a 2GL) lived with Paige when she was dating a player and apparently didn’t report it. I don’t think she had any obligation to report it either, but again, that’s the issue with some of these arbitrary rules.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Honestly, I think part of the issue is that the scenes were so choppy that it was hard to contemplate exactly what happened. 

For sure!

• Like 2

I was going to say she's moved on past DCC but saw her profile pic was her in the uniform. 

I liked Caila and was disappointed she didn't manage to stay in DCC shape and got cut.  But I do understand the why of it.

12 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Wow she is stunning. I feel like she was too tanned in the DCC years  (this coming from the enternal pasty white girl who only ever burns or is ghost white) 

• Like 1