Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

Ive always wondered when they speak about past DCC that have gone onto other endeavors/success. They barely ever speak on Jill Marie Jones...She is a super successful television actress and is still acting to this day...Melissa Rycroft seems to always be put on this pedestal as the highest ranking face to ever DCC. Abigail Klein too. I am guessing though it is do to the MTT show...I wondered if they will ever do a segment on where she is now.

Like even when you type in famed DCC she isn't sometimes added. She cheered for two years...361full-jill-marie-jones.jpg.99c4638aead27d8180edb8ab8a228031.jpg

6d73e8e2f025da762c8a28de17916b07.jpg.68361c9006c2ef1f25fbc6c12873226c.jpg

image.thumb.png.2e585c50c94aedc0aba5f283eae1c7f3.png

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

They barely ever speak on Jill Marie Jones...She is a super successful television actress and is still acting to this day...Melissa Rycroft seems to always be put on this pedestal as the highest ranking face to ever DCC. Abigail Klein too.

Wasn't she on the show Girlfriends?  Sarah Shahi gets talked about, and is known outside of being a DCC.  I think the only ones who really know Abigail are DCC fans.

• Love 3

Well, to be fair. Melissa is highlighted because she was on the team during the life of the show, is still involved in the show, and her fame comes from activities where she was highlighted as a former DCC.

Sarah and JMJ rarely speak of their time on the team. Neither of them have claimed it as a major life-altering experience, and they've done so many other things in their careers, that being a DCC is relatively less interesting. Plus, they were both on the team a long time ago (20-25 years), memories fade, and unless they themselves bring it up, there's no reason why anyone would bother to mention it.

It's not that JMJ isn't given "credit," it's that she moved on a long time ago. There's no point in the DCC hyping her up as a former member when she clearly has no interest in the association. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Sarah and JMJ rarely speak of their time on the team. 

Well, didn't Sarah only perform in 2-3 games before she quit?  She made the calendar cover because in those days brand new just made the team rookies got to go on the shoot, right after TC.  I can see why she doesn't like to talk about it.

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, didn't Sarah only perform in 2-3 games before she quit?  She made the calendar cover because in those days brand new just made the team rookies got to go on the shoot, right after TC.  I can see why she doesn't like to talk about it.

Yes, she quit very early in the season. I'm not even sure if she made it to the regular season.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Well, to be fair. Melissa is highlighted because she was on the team during the life of the show, is still involved in the show, and her fame comes from activities where she was highlighted as a former DCC.

Sarah and JMJ rarely speak of their time on the team. Neither of them have claimed it as a major life-altering experience, and they've done so many other things in their careers, that being a DCC is relatively less interesting. Plus, they were both on the team a long time ago (20-25 years), memories fade, and unless they themselves bring it up, there's no reason why anyone would bother to mention it.

It's not that JMJ isn't given "credit," it's that she moved on a long time ago. There's no point in the DCC hyping her up as a former member when she clearly has no interest in the association. 

I get her not speaking on it, but i'm surprised she isn't mentioned sometimes when they speak about famous Alumni on the Dallas side. I legit found out when I read her Wiki cause of the show Girlfriends...

• Love 2

I know it's not popular, but it means something to sign your name to a contract and agree to the terms, and those terms stipulated the expectations both on the job and off. 

If the contract states that a boss (GL in this case) has to monitor an "underling" (for lack of a better word) in her private life, then Jenna was wrong not to do anything.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

If the contract states that a boss (GL in this case) has to monitor an "underling" (for lack of a better word) in her private life, then Jenna was wrong not to do anything.  

Honestly, I think part of the issue is that the scenes were so choppy that it was hard to contemplate exactly what happened. 

If the issue was that Jenna broke the rules on her own, that’s fair, but that wasn’t said (we’ve heard from insiders that she fraternized the year before, but not that she’s was still engaging in that when the stuff with Holly went down). If the issue was that she was at clubs that are 21 and up with a team member who was 20, that could be fair to punish her for that, but depends on the circumstances. I don’t think a GL has an obligation to tell someone to go home from a bar or report them to management, but if she’s riding with her there or buying her drinks (which wasn’t stated), well I can see why that would bother them. If it’s just a, “as a GL, you had an obligation to coach and mentor Holly,” I think that’s bs. Not only is Holly an adult, but I think that’s a very difficult standard to hold and one that they’re clearly not consistent on. I would bet money that Holly is not the first DCC who has went to bars when she wasn’t 21, broken rules, or drank underage with GLs on the team having knowledge of it and not reporting it. Hell, Danielle (who was a 2GL) lived with Paige when she was dating a player and apparently didn’t report it. I don’t think she had any obligation to report it either, but again, that’s the issue with some of these arbitrary rules.

• Love 3
On 8/15/2019 at 8:38 PM, DanceChick said:

favorite former and current DCC. You can only choose one of each.

Former:  KaShara Garrett (Current Allstar I think)

Current:  Bridget Jacob

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity
On 8/15/2019 at 7:38 PM, DanceChick said:

While we're waiting...favorite former and current DCC. You can only choose one of each.

Danielle Barhold and Caroline Sundvold

I have a long list, but right now...

Former: Between Nicole Hamilton and Jenna Jackson

Current: Maddie Massingill

• Love 4

Who's your favorite one hit wonder? (Meaning who was your favorite DCC who was on the team for 1 year.) 

Mine is Morgan Jordan from season 8

18 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Former:  KaShara Garrett (Current Allstar I think)

Current:  Bridget Jacob

I love KaSexy. Sad she retired, I think she had a few more years in her.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Who's your favorite one hit wonder? (Meaning who was your favorite DCC who was on the team for 1 year.) 

Natalie Woods.  She was a class act all the way.  Best dancer?   No, she wasn't.  But she had something.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I only have four that are my TOP people: Kali Drake, Alyssa Torres, Malia Morales and Natalie Woods.  Those were the ONLY four that I instantly thought of when you said this.  

• Love 3
On 8/23/2019 at 1:26 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Brandi Kilby. When they straightened her hair, she became a totally different girl. Wow!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

No offense but I can’t believe that this look was ever considered to be attractive. What happened to the world during the 80s?

I graduated high school in '81 and college in '85 so was a teen and early twenties during that period. All of this is JMO.

One thing was MTV and New Wave music. We were watching videos of interesting and unusual bands from all over the world who wore easy to copy fashions - big hair (perms were so popular!) and bright, colorful, and loose fitting clothes. 

The seventies really were a rather depressing time in terms of economics, Watergate, etc. I think the shift to cheerful music, bright colors, etc. came about as the '80's began. Disco had also been popular and the change to loose fitting clothes were a backlash against the skin tight jeans of that time.

For those of us who were teens and twenty somethings, it is usually remembered as being a carefree happy time where if you felt good you looked good, instead of the other way around. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

I graduated high school in '81 and college in '85 so was a teen and early twenties during that period. All of this is JMO.

One thing was MTV and New Wave music. We were watching videos of interesting and unusual bands from all over the world who wore easy to copy fashions - big hair (perms were so popular!) and bright, colorful, and loose fitting clothes. 

The seventies really were a rather depressing time in terms of economics, Watergate, etc. I think the shift to cheerful music, bright colors, etc. came about as the '80's began. Disco had also been popular and the change to loose fitting clothes were a backlash against the skin tight jeans of that time.

For those of us who were teens and twenty somethings, it is usually remembered as being a carefree happy time where if you felt good you looked good, instead of the other way around. 

Thanks for the reply! I like the 80s style in terms of outfits-not something I would wear but it does look fun. I was mostly wondering about the hair and makeup as now it looks almost clownish in some cases. I assume though that future generations will think the same of contouring etc.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

No offense but I can’t believe that this look was ever considered to be attractive. What happened to the world during the 80s?

Everyone stuck their finger in a light socket.  It was awful.  I lived it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

LOL right?  Embarrassed to admit this, but in 1989 my hair look A LOT like Tina's.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I was mostly wondering about the hair and makeup as now it looks almost clownish in some cases. I assume though that future generations will think the same of contouring etc.

I was thinking of this product from Coty - I think it was called a blush stick.  Basically, you put this stuff on where you would apply blush and it would adjust to your coloring.  And we all ended up with the same peachy/pink swoosh on our faces:)  Then we spray our Faberge Organics hair spray and our Love's Baby Soft and off we go😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 8

According to Jenn’s story, Jackie and Cassie are running the junior dcc. Has Jenn ‘retired’ from dcc in general? And please don’t tell me they’re grooming Cassie to take over for her mother because i’ll start crying.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

According to Jenn’s story, Jackie and Cassie are running the junior dcc. Has Jenn ‘retired’ from dcc in general? And please don’t tell me they’re grooming Cassie to take over for her mother because i’ll start crying.

FTLOG please don't even think this.  I think she is already trying to make sure her daughter has every advantage possible to become a DCC.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

9 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

FTLOG please don't even think this.  I think she is already trying to make sure her daughter has every advantage possible to become a DCC.

Yeah. I doubt Cassie would want Lennon to be under the same pressure as she was 11 years ago, trying to prove that she will make the squad on her own merit.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think Jenn has retired from the DCC. Her instagram bio states that she is a real estate investor.

• Useful 1