Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Law Mom said:

She just graduated. She was on her dance team for three years, was Rookie of the Year, captain, and team MVP her senior year (mom brag). Her plan now is to take drop in classes just for fun and to keep up her skills. She has been taking a lot of classes with a guy named Stevo McMaryion.

18 hours ago, Law Mom said:

One reason I don't judge anyone based on these classes is that they are not auditions! In this class she was just having fun, not trying to impress anyone with "extra pop" or doing full makeup and hair. But she has matured as a dancer a lot since this was taken in 2015. BTW, she's on the right, front row.

She's adorable!!!!  And that's really impressive - sounds like she's very dedicated, and was well loved on her team 😊

• Love 2

I can see staying an all-star for a long time. One of my girlfriends that cheered for a minor team just did it because it kept her fit. She had a lot more flexibility with her schedule, had incentive to stay uniform ready, liked the extra cash, loved her friends on the squad. 

Something to be said for moving on, sure, but I get why they stay. For Nicole in particular, I’ve got to think it’s a great tie in with her business too.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I would think they would use Lacey - maybe.  But hopefully this will be a year without any serious injuries or illnesses.  I don't think Jinelle got a lot of time off.  And I'm hoping that any gals who miss practice due to a work function don't get pulled from a game this year.

Surprised by Kalyn. I love her but wasn’t she one of the ones that had to miss things because of her job?  

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Surprised by Kalyn. I love her but wasn’t she one of the ones that had to miss things because of her job?  

I think the job thing was a rumor or speculation. She did suffer through a few injuries though. 

• Love 4
On 6/25/2019 at 8:23 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Dancer's memory. There are some dances you just never forget---I could, I wouldn't, but I could bust out with a few old competition dances I did way back when. During my cousin's wedding her and her fellow dancers started busting out with random hand dances from their time as drill dancers in high school. 

I still remember the high kick routine from our competition squad my senior year, my college  team opening routine (juco cheerleader) and moves of a few others. (We did a routine with ladders I can still remember a few counts!) I graduated in 1992 and cheered in junior college in Fall 92 and Spring ‘93. I had three strokes, and can’t remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, but can dance to a Prince song from the 80s. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Law Mom said:

She just graduated. She was on her dance team for three years, was Rookie of the Year, captain, and team MVP her senior year (mom brag). Her plan now is to take drop in classes just for fun and to keep up her skills. She has been taking a lot of classes with a guy named Stevo McMaryion.

One reason I don't judge anyone based on these classes is that they are not auditions! In this class she was just having fun, not trying to impress anyone with "extra pop" or doing full makeup and hair. But she has matured as a dancer a lot since this was taken in 2015. BTW, she's on the right, front row.

I remember you talking about this before! My eye went to her the whole time. She did great.

congrats mom! My daughters don’t care a thing for dance. Four daughters...no dancers in the bunch.  I was so sad. I danced all the way until I destroyed my ankle and my health went kaput. I was 37.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

I remember you talking about this before! My eye went to her the whole time. She did great.

congrats mom! My daughters don’t care a thing for dance. Four daughters...no dancers in the bunch.  I was so sad. I danced all the way until I destroyed my ankle and my health went kaput. I was 37.

I don't think people appreciate just how hard dance is on the body. I hope your daughters found their passion in another discipline. Dance, sports, music, writing...it doesn't really matter as long as they are happy!!!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, KatieC said:

Maybe All-Star commitments are during weekends, so since she's a teacher it wouldn't interfere with her schedule.  I doubt they'd take her as an AS if her job would be a problem after it was a problem last year.

5 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Are these their most recent cameo photos or were they taken specifically because they're allstars (just wondering if anyone knows)?

I know that's Lacey's most recent cameo, but I'm pretty sure it's not Nicole's, I think her hair is a lot longer on this picture than it was when she retired & she's been growing it.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Maybe All-Star commitments are during weekends, so since she's a teacher it wouldn't interfere with her schedule.  I doubt they'd take her as an AS if her job would be a problem after it was a problem last year.

I know that's Lacey's most recent cameo, but I'm pretty sure it's not Nicole's, I think her hair is a lot longer on this picture than it was when she retired & she's been growing it.

All stars are usu some outside deck performances, skybox visits, etc. Occasionally a Thunderstruck fill in but other than hat no jump splits so Kalyn and injury should be fine. 

9 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Are these their most recent cameo photos or were they taken specifically because they're allstars (just wondering if anyone knows)?

They definitely do not take new cameo photos for all stars.  still looking like your cameo pic is a huge draw to getting selected. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Nicole's is from 2011, Danielle's is from 2015. Emma's is from 2013. For everyone else it is their most recent cameo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Nicole's is from 2011,

well then a) I had no idea her hair was this length then, and b) damn she hasn't aged a day!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

well then a) I had no idea her hair was this length then, and b) damn she hasn't aged a day!

It's just not fair!! 🙂 

• LOL 3
30 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

So she doesn't do star appearances?

Or she has to wear add on stuff?

I think the point was that now that she's an All-Star, so much for wearing her hair natural...so different than back in the day when they embraced their natural-haired beauties.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

So she doesn't do star appearances?

Or she has to wear add on stuff?

The all star appearances she's made, it's been just like it was the last three years...not her natural look.   😞

• Love 2

Oh man, I really hate engagement photos/announcements that focus on the ring. Or use the words “finally.” Or any other weird reference to how impatient they’ve been to get engaged. 

Glad Breelan is happy with her rock, hope she’s even happier with the man! 

(And I like some of the showier, extra gals that have been on the squad...not sure why this type of things always feels so tacky to me.  I LOVE jewelry and want to see it, but you can still show it off in a pic that focuses on the couple and not the prize.) 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Like my girl did...

I just watched the season where she made the team. Her, Amy T and Holly were absolute rockstars that season. The talent of those three alone was incredible! 

Edited by DCC-UK
Dodgy spelling
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I just watched the season where she made the team. Her, Amy T and Holly were absolute rockstars that season. The talent of those three alone was incredible! 

Those years always blend for me.  I know Megan and Amy made it together, but then I get confused about when Erica, Lacey, Mary, Victoria, and Melissa made it.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Those years always blend for me.  I know Megan and Amy made it together, but then I get confused about when Erica, Lacey, Mary, Victoria, and Melissa made it.

Season 9 - I watched some bits and pieces last night.  Victoria was quite a strong dancer, but of course they don't really show her that much.  Megan's cut was so sad after her uniform fitting for that stupid reason.  Then they take the group of girls to My Fit Foods so they can be each other's "accountibili-buddies" as Britney Schram puts it:)  And I know Loren hated it, but her hair looked so much better with a darker color.  That blonde was too yellow and harsh.

• Love 4

@ByTor Re-watching last season and during the segment when the group leaders are giving their opinion, K&J asks if they are pulling for Brennan.  They all say yes, and KaShara raises her arm and says she was also rooting for her the previous year.  "She was in my group and talk about a boss-woman!"  So, even Kash loves Brennan:)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Oh God.  So, by the transitive property, if Kashara likes Brennan and I like Brennan, therefore I like Kashara?  I'm scared!

It's actually kind of fun to go back and re-watch the seasons and see what the girls thought of each other, how they defended them or described them.  But I would say Brennan is highly thought of.  Or even Lisa, the wardrobe lady, telling a girl who had been cut the previous year that hopefully they get their uniform this year.

• Love 7
On 6/23/2019 at 4:40 PM, KatieC said:

Ashton Little is so beautiful but I cannot watch her instagram stories because her lashes look absolutely gross. I can’t understand why so many of the girls go overboard on these lash extensions.  They don’t need them!

• Love 4
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelsey's wedding is tomorrow.  Wedding pics and maybe more alumni dancing to "Thunderstruck!" 😜

I've been watching all the Instagram stories - they are living it up! Looks like a blast. She seems to be very popular and well liked by previous DCC. I can't wait to see the pictures of her actual wedding.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Tarode said:

I've been watching all the Instagram stories - they are living it up! Looks like a blast. She seems to be very popular and well liked by previous DCC. I can't wait to see the pictures of her actual wedding.

What is her Instagram? I am rewatching her first season and I was surprised at how much I liked her. She is outgoing and interesting. For someone who is from a wealthy family, she sure was working hard in her original season, maintaining a full time job while in training camp. If she is so rich, you would think she could have just done nothing but cheer but she chose to do both which quite frankly sounds awful. She said they get done at around 2 or 3am then she was up at 6:30am for work. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

What is her Instagram? I am rewatching her first season and I was surprised at how much I liked her. She is outgoing and interesting. For someone who is from a wealthy family, she sure was working hard in her original season, maintaining a full time job while in training camp. If she is so rich, you would think she could have just done nothing but cheer but she chose to do both which quite frankly sounds awful. She said they get done at around 2 or 3am then she was up at 6:30am for work. 

https://instagram.com/kelseylbond?igshid=9lekdtc30g8l

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MelissaB326 said:

kelseylbond on IG

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Her eyelashes are absolutely ridiculous and she looks ridiculous and someone who loves her needs to tell her.

In her stories where she is blinking her lashes look even worse. Definitely in need of an intervention. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Yeah she never had been on for anything remotely natural looking

This makes me kind of sad because I just rewatched her three seasons and she was so beautiful and such a great dancer. There is no way with her natural beauty that she needs those huge fake lashes.

• Love 2