Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

(edited)

Kelsey L's wedding is today

And former DCC Meagan McVay - is she really marrying a man with the last name of McBay???

Meagan McVay McBay😃!!  I love it!

Edited by scorpio1031
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/4/2019 at 8:59 PM, pisces125 said:

um that's a little too texas tacky for me. but... I love kelsey's youtube videos!  she has a cute personality

I agree 100% on the dress.  It made Kelsey appear top heavy,  the fabric appearing kinda cheap.  I was hoping for something classic with simple, clean lines that would let the BRIDE stand-out & shine vs the dress.

I've been a Kelsey fan for a long time.  IMHO, she never needed new boobs, filled lips or anything... I still support her choice to do whatever she wants tho.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Annette said:

I agree 100% on the dress.  It made Kelsey appear top heavy,  the fabric appearing kinda cheap.  I was hoping for something classic with simple, clean lines that would let the BRIDE stand-out & shine vs the dress.

I've been a Kelsey fan for a long time.  IMHO, she never needed new boobs, filled lips or anything... I still support her choice to do whatever she wants tho.

I thought the dress was "pretty" but with Kelsey's figure, she could've totally ROCKED a form-fitted dress!

• Love 2
On 2/28/2019 at 11:35 PM, HowdeeDo said:

sorry if this has already been posted, just glad to see a full video of the DCC wedding tradition. K&J pop in for a bit too

Actually, that was Kitty Carter and Tina Kalina, Victoria's mom.

• Love 1
On 3/8/2019 at 12:38 AM, HowdeeDo said:

I mean, advertisements is your main purpose when you choose to live the social media life. I get it, and honestly it hasn’t been super overboard. I’ve seen worse from Normal Nancy’s who just like to brag. 

I do feel like overall she’s become a bit materialistic, but it seems to be influenced a lot by Brodie. They’re in a different country like every month since they’ve started dating. Monster engagement ring, first class flights, week long trips to every beach in this world, Mercedes, mansion house, etc. I mean if you got it, flaunt it. She just married well...really well and she’s understandably going to get comfortable with it. Not trying to say they aren’t in love. It’s obvious they both genuinely care about each other. 

I liked her dress, and she looked stunning, but I do have a gripe with wedding dress designs these days...they all look like prom dresses! I feel like she would have looked just as stunning with something a bit more understated, simple lace or even silk. She can wear anything but her dress did lean a little Barbie princes prom queen to me. 

Going back to the lavish trips, I find it kind of odd that they have this crowdfunding honeymoon fund website as their wedding gift pool. They’re already in Cabo now..why this when you already travel for pretty much free? 

https://www.honeyfund.com/wedding/SaidYesToSmith

Well, weddings are crazy expensive and I’m sure she could find a sponsor for whatever she liked, so I doubt she let anyone dictate what she could or couldn’t do for her wedding. 

16 hours ago, Annette said:

I understand that we all have our preferences and different tastes, but i don’t understand how any of us could ‘criticize’ (that’s a heavy word for this case but I can’t come up with anything else) any bride’s wedding dress choice. You may think that she needed a simpler dress and I personally prefer lace and romantic style dresses, but this is definitely Kelsey’s style.

For me hers is one of the best dcc wedding looks and I include Amy in this list as well. Speaking of Amy, I think she got her chance to shine and really grew this season so I hope she will come back for her 5th year.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I understand that we all have our preferences and different tastes, but i don’t understand how any of us could ‘criticize’ (that’s a heavy word for this case but I can’t come up with anything else) any bride’s wedding dress choice. You may think that she needed a simpler dress and I personally prefer lace and romantic style dresses, but this is definitely Kelsey’s style.

For me hers is one of the best dcc wedding looks and I include Amy in this list as well. Speaking of Amy, I think she got her chance to shine and really grew this season so I hope she will come back for her 5th year.

Yeah, I think there’s a difference between thinking that a dress is ill-fitting or unflattering and disliking the style. I agree with you about the style complaints. I don’t care for the big princess style wedding dresses, but if that’s what a bride wants - it’s her day, her dress, her money lol.

In terms of fit, i see that a bit differently. A dress can be beautiful but ill fitting. You see that sometimes with brides who are continuously losing weight up to the day of the wedding. Hell, I’m a Meghan Markle fan, but her wedding dress seemed a little too big to me (shrugs). As for Kelsey, I thought she looked nice. I do see where ppl are getting the “top heavy” comments, but I think she simply is top heavy at this point. Not sure it’s a dress thing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Speaking of Amy, I think she got her chance to shine and really grew this season so I hope she will come back for her 5th year.

Ditto.  I also like how she kept her sense of humor when being teased by K&J for her dance choice to the wrong music (country I think) that was aired on MTT.  She laughed it off and kept her composure which greatly endeared her to me.

• Love 3

Has anyone mentioned this? But is it me or does a lot of former DCC seem to go into the real estate industry lately? I noticed that Jackie Pearson has gone into it a while back (I seem to remember her being a surgical assistant during her DCC days and she got Colin’s a job at her work - seems Colin’s May still be in that field I maybe wrong - but I noticed Jen k seems to be one too, as well as her DCC job and choreography, noticed Kelsey Bond has a new realtor Instagram account recently. 

As for Kelsey lowrance .. her dress is nice on her but when I saw it some reason I thought for a minute that it was a see thro dress and that her private parts was on display but that was for a minute.

53 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Has anyone mentioned this? But is it me or does a lot of former DCC seem to go into the real estate industry lately? I noticed that Jackie Pearson has gone into it a while back (I seem to remember her being a surgical assistant during her DCC days and she got Colin’s a job at her work - seems Colin’s May still be in that field I maybe wrong - but I noticed Jen k seems to be one too, as well as her DCC job and choreography, noticed Kelsey Bond has a new realtor Instagram account recently. 

As for Kelsey lowrance .. her dress is nice on her but when I saw it some reason I thought for a minute that it was a see thro dress and that her private parts was on display but that was for a minute.

I think that one pic was def see through bc they didn't have the underskirt thingy on yet.

So many women do real estate bc you can do most of it part time from home so if you like sales and need some income, but to be home with kids you can. 

• Love 1
On 3/9/2019 at 5:21 PM, CrazyEve said:

Veronica is a real estate agent too. Also former TCC Grace Sells ( I follow her on IG) is one .

On 3/9/2019 at 6:21 PM, CrazyEve said:

I love that Kelsey Bond is just getting started and is showing listings that are in the 3-5 million dollar range. 🙄 I wonder how someone like Veronica who has been a realtor for awhile feels about that...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Spunkyyy said:

I love that Kelsey Bond is just getting started and is showing listings that are in the 3-5 million dollar range. 🙄 I wonder how someone like Veronica who has been a realtor for awhile feels about that...

Kelsey Bond is the worst.  So much botox.  So much humble brag traveling.  Her face doesn't even remotely look like a fresh faced 30 year olds should. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

Dang...must be nice lol. 

13 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Veronica is a real estate agent too. Also former TCC Grace Sells ( I follow her on IG) is one .

Sarah Shelton from season 2 is one, as is Elizabeth Davis.  Elizabeth works for the same company as Kelsey.

7 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

Veronica seems to do very well.  She has helped a lot of past and present DCC find a new home.  Kelsey.....I like her, but how long will she work in this field?  

• Love 1
On 3/9/2019 at 5:21 PM, CrazyEve said:

The Dallas real estate market has softened a bit but overall is still really hot...it’s honestly a great living for an organized person with a vast network. Plus, very flexible schedule depending on how much work load you’re willing to take on. 

Seems like an ideal fit for a lot of DCC, especially those with sales or marketing in their background. 

I don’t think Veronica would begrudge Kelsey the big listing - they’re friends, for one, but that’s just how the game is played.  That price point of house is a lot of work and can take a while to turn...Veronica might prefer below $500k that will turn quickly. Who knows? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Makes me think of that Duran Duran song Rio.

It is different - Rio Milianna - which is a pretty name.  Has Katy had her baby yet?  I think she was naming her Kennedy.

It seems James is a popular middle name for girls - Jennifer C's daughter is Ivy James.  Mackenzie named her daughter Makena James.

On 3/14/2019 at 9:53 AM, MrsEVH said:

Former DCC Emily Claire and her two kids.

Is she the cute blonde from several seasons ago that messed up quite a bit but was really cute?

Hi everyone! I’m new here but been watch the show for years. 

Tried to find an answer but sorry if it’s been asked, Does anyone know what Jinelle’s actual role is now with the cheerleaders behind the scenes? And who has she been filling in for this currently season?

i discovered Jinelle actual lives around the corner from me here in Australia. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, char.texasqueen said:

Hi everyone! I’m new here but been watch the show for years. 

Tried to find an answer but sorry if it’s been asked, Does anyone know what Jinelle’s actual role is now with the cheerleaders behind the scenes? And who has she been filling in for this currently season?

i discovered Jinelle actual lives around the corner from me here in Australia. 

She's kind of done a lot of things - help with camps, the Christmas show, some stuff on the show, etc.  I don't think we've ever been told her official title.

She filled in for Daphne who had the flu, Khalyn had a work commitment, Lauren had an injury and couldn't perform the kick line for a few games, and I think I am missing someone else.

Have you seen her when she comes home to visit?  I think she was just there.

Is Jenna pregnant?  In her latest dance video on JLeneSlay she looks like she could be.  She’s very tiny, but looks likes she preggos. She would make such a cute pregnant lady!!! 🤰🏾  If she is not, my bad 🙈🙈

1 hour ago, KickPretty said:

Is Jenna pregnant?  In her latest dance video on JLeneSlay she looks like she could be.  She’s very tiny, but looks likes she preggos. She would make such a cute pregnant lady!!! 🤰🏾  If she is not, my bad 🙈🙈

I wondered the same thing when I watched that video! 

10 hours ago, J-R said:

Is she the cute blonde from several seasons ago that messed up quite a bit but was really cute?

Yes that's her. She was in the same rookie class as Danielle and Jasmine. Kelli said she had " male appeal ". Seems like some of these former DCC s go back to their natural hair color. So they must not have been natural blondes.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Until you asked, I didn't even recognize her.  😮

Right?!  I always liked her.  She is still adorable albeit not easy to recognize.  I always forget about this thread.  I need to check in more often.

• Love 3

I wonder why Jenna doesn't teach prep classes. It seems like that would draw more people to her classes since she could advertise as a former DCC and special choreographer for the Raiderettes. Her classes always seem so empty.

4 minutes ago, cgloss said:

I wonder why Jenna doesn't teach prep classes. It seems like that would draw more people to her classes since she could advertise as a former DCC and special choreographer for the Raiderettes. Her classes always seem so empty.

It looks like her students are high schoolers so majority of them are probably minors. And I’m pretty sure your can’t video tape minors without parental permission so maybe that’s why? Or maybe there isn’t a big dance scene where she is? 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Love 2
On 3/14/2019 at 12:53 PM, MrsEVH said:

Former DCC Emily Claire and her two kids.

She obviously had two kids and seems happy, but are there any other cases of former DCCs that have gained weight? 

9 minutes ago, Iphone4 said:

She obviously had two kids and seems happy, but are there any other cases of former DCCs that have gained weight? 

Many former DCC  have gained weight to varying degrees.  Kelsey Lowrance Smith has.  I think some look healthier for doing so.

On 3/16/2019 at 12:58 PM, Iphone4 said:

I think she has a chronic illness. I’m not positive, but I saw some spoonie talk on her pics. As a person who’s been sick for 8 years, I get it. I have an two autoimmune diseases( possibly 3) and they’re rough! She seems happy. Hope she is well!

• Love 1