Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

Kelsey Lowrance’s bachelorette party looked fun. I didn’t know she, Lauren, and Kelli were so close. Makes sense with  Lauren, they seem to have similar senses of humor. 

Kelsey and Kelli were Ice Angels for a season.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

Kelsey Lowrance’s bachelorette party looked fun. I didn’t know she, Lauren, and Kelli were so close. Makes sense with  Lauren, they seem to have similar senses of humor. 

The jackets they got were super awesome! The girl who did them made fanny packs for the pro bowl alumni this year

17 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't know if it's how she's posing or what, but Kalyssa's pictures have WAY too much rib-cage in them for my liking.  The girl needs a burger or two.  And some clothes.

Agreed, and I hate being that girl. But she was super hot and now she’s losing all this weight and not looking so great. 

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Yes it is. Not crazy about the name Everett for a girl.

I wonder if they planned to use it no matter if they had a boy or a girl. A friend of mine went that way...they had the name Barrett picked out (I think it was a family name) and it was both their girl and boy name. They had a boy.

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Yes it is. Not crazy about the name Everett for a girl.

That's my reaction, too. It is traditionally a boy's name but, then again, so was Ashley once upon a time. At least it's not one of those weird made up names and/or spelling people are so fond of these days.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Hahaha Dr. Phil had a "Destoni" on his show last week.

I think one of the worst ones I've seen yet is the lady who named her daughter Abcde (pronounced Ab-suh-dee) & then got all upset when an airline worker commented on it to another airline worker within hearing of the kid (& later put it on social media). Yea, the airline worker shouldn't have done either thing, but what do you expect? The poor kid has no chance.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

I think one of the worst ones I've seen yet is the lady who named her daughter Abcde (pronounced Ab-suh-dee) & then got all upset when an airline worker commented on it to another airline worker within hearing of the kid (& later put it on social media). Yea, the airline worker shouldn't have done either thing, but what do you expect? The poor kid has no chance.

Same thing with those with lots of tattoos or body piercings. People l are going to stare or look at you weird. I know they shouldn't but they will.

I work in medical records at a large hospital and see all kinds of "unusual" names.

On 2/14/2019 at 6:39 PM, viccib said:

Angela didn't go on calendar that year due to work commitments

On 2/14/2019 at 6:39 PM, viccib said:

Angela didn't go on calendar that year due to work commitments

Angela did not go on the calendar shoot her last year due to the fact she decided to try out again after she said she was going to retired. Melissa the Mentor did the same thing and was told no calendar shoot. I seriously doubt Angela would have been allowed to miss out on the shoot due to her job.

In the case of Meagan F. making the team in Season 5, I do not think she should have made TC again. I do not think Kelli and Judy wanted her back. I think it has Charlotte and CMT written all over it.

9 minutes ago, Monique said:

Are talking weight wise or dancing ability?

Didn't she always battle her weight?  I'm sure now is no different, but she doesn't have the pressure to fit back in the uniform.  As for her dancing, she's missing the pop she usually had.

• Love 1
On 2/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, RedDelicious said:

I had a feeling she was having #4 😊 All those photos from the chest up 😉 Congratulations Whitney!

I would be pissed if I kept having kids who were all the same gender lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I’m tired of that one move that is in EVERY single combo posted by everyone, where they basically kneel all the way down and kind of brush their leg and open their knees....lol clearly I have no dance background because I have no way of describing that any more clearly 😂😂

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Off topic, but one of the girls I follow on youtube has had 3 boys and is on her fourth baby but they haven't found out the gender yet. She's like 90% sure it's another boy at this point lol

20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't she always battle her weight?  I'm sure now is no different, but she doesn't have the pressure to fit back in the uniform.  As for her dancing, she's missing the pop she usually had.

Yes. 

She really does have good technique and fluidity but dang that is 1) suck ass choreo 2) I agree zero pop 3) weird flailing. Did JennK do that or is it a Mia mess?

6 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Didn't a poster above say that Ann Lux is expecting twin girls.....don't she & her golfer hubby already have two little girls?

8 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Lol! I knew a family growing up who had seven kids...finally baby #7 was a girl, and  she was of course, the last one. They were rich though, so no issue affording all of those kids. 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:41 AM, hannahbanana said:

I think one of the worst is the first name of "Female", one I was familiar with was pronounced Fem-uh-lee.  

5 hours ago, LynneH said:

I think one of the worst is the first name of "Female", one I was familiar with was pronounced Fem-uh-lee.  

I do a lot of genealogy research & in a census (around 1870 or 80, if I remember correctly), I came across a little girl named "Sister." The census taker had written a note off to the side that the little girl was really named "Sister" because the family had run out of names! 😲

Edited by hannahbanana
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I do a lot of genealogy research & in a census (around 1870 or 80, if I remember correctly), I came across a little girl named "Sister." The census taker had written a note off to the side that the little girl was really named "Sister" because the family had run out of names! 😲

I grew up in South.  I knew plenty of "Sisters".  Sometimes it was a real name and sometimes it was given as a nickname.  I am actually reading a book right now with a girl named Sister.   I guess it's where you are from!

There is a girl who is a weather person on a Montana morning news program with the name Majestic Storm. No idea if it is her real name.

There is a female reporter who could be Cassie’s twin. And I notice on The Price is Right there is a model who reminds me of Kenzie.

Edited by bigskygirl
45 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

There is a girl who is a weather person on a Montana morning news program with the name Majestic Storm. No idea if it is her real name.

There is a female reporter who could be Cassie’s twin. And I notice on The Price is Right there is a model who reminds me of Kenzie.

When Abigail Klein was on CSI, her weather girl character was named Rainy Days:)

4 hours ago, Opine said:

I grew up in South.  I knew plenty of "Sisters".  Sometimes it was a real name and sometimes it was given as a nickname.  I am actually reading a book right now with a girl named Sister.   I guess it's where you are from!

I wasn't surprised to see the name Sister (although my first inclination would be that it was a nickname). It was the census taker's note that she was named Sister because the family had run out of names that got me. How do you run out of names? 

Edited by hannahbanana
10 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I wasn't surprised to see the name Sister (although my first inclination would be that it was a nickname). It was the census taker's note that she was named Sister because the family had run out of names that got me. How do you run out of names? 

There's a passage in an L.M. Montgomery story written nearly a century ago where it talked about a family who didn't know what to name their babies after having so many and so gave the first and last-born boys the same name.  Also, in Magic for Marigold and Pat of Silver Bush, the first couple chapters dealt with family arguments about what to name the babies.  Suppose it must have always been a thing 😄

Also, I worked as a secretary at a high school in rural Oklahoma when I was in my early 20s.  I can't be direct about the names without violating my students' privacy, but I will say, there are some parents who had some very interesting ideas about what is funny when they made decisions about what to name their children.

7 hours ago, raindancer said:

There's a passage in an L.M. Montgomery story written nearly a century ago where it talked about a family who didn't know what to name their babies after having so many and so gave the first and last-born boys the same name.  Also, in Magic for Marigold and Pat of Silver Bush, the first couple chapters dealt with family arguments about what to name the babies.  Suppose it must have always been a thing 😄

Also, I worked as a secretary at a high school in rural Oklahoma when I was in my early 20s.  I can't be direct about the names without violating my students' privacy, but I will say, there are some parents who had some very interesting ideas about what is funny when they made decisions about what to name their children.

Haha!  My mom's name is Marigold - but she isn't southern, she is British.

• Love 1

Not sure where to put this so I’m putting it here.  Rewatching season 9!  Gosh the background music is AWFUL!!!  And LMAO!  Vivian’s poem, A Lucid Dream.  Hilarious!!!  The first time around I was creeped out because she’s weird, but now it’s funny 😂😂😂. I think I’ll change my screen name to LucidDreams!  Haha

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, Opine said:

Haha!  My mom's name is Marigold - but she isn't southern, she is British.

it's a beautiful name!  Makes sense, too - Montgomery was a Canadian author, but quite a bit of her work references Britain ("the old grey mother of the Northern Sea," etc).  

I love Anne of Green Gables way too much 😂

• Love 6
On 2/22/2019 at 6:50 PM, Jess14 said:

Lol! I knew a family growing up who had seven kids...finally baby #7 was a girl, and  she was of course, the last one. They were rich though, so no issue affording all of those kids. 

I once went to church w/ a lady whose husband wanted a boy. She had 4 girls. The 5th was a boy. He wanted ANOTHER boy. She had 2 more girls, then finally had 2 more boys. 

They have 9 children. All for a 'stupid' boy (lol). To her credit though, to this day, she looks PHENOMENAL. 

• Love 1