Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

On 1/31/2019 at 12:01 PM, doglover0814 said:

Looks like Jenna and her boyfriend broke up. She's deleted everything on Instagram with him. I know a lot of people on here dislike her from her actions her last couple of years on the team, but I still feel bad for her. Having moved away from all her friends in Dallas, it's got to be tough.

Not surprised. She seemed to be moving really fast with him. Gushing about "LOVE" after one month? Just seemed like she wanted it to be more than it was.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:11 AM, nittanyvolleyball said:

Same, there's only one post of my bf on my instagram and we aren't "facebook official" even though we've been dating since the summer. I just would rather not have everyone know my relationship status.

Same. Except he isn't on social media..and I haven't posted anything w/ him..and it's been 3 years.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, raindancer said:

mine too!!!!!  Really beautiful girls that look like they're all having a blast.  Makes me happy they're all still having fun together 😄

And all the babies are so cute!!  So that’s Paige, Jessica A, MacKenzie and Katy all due soon.  I think I am missing a couple??

• Love 2
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

And all the babies are so cute!!  So that’s Paige, Jessica A, MacKenzie and Katy all due soon.  I think I am missing a couple??

I can't think of any of the others that are expecting, but with all those beautiful babies I bet they have some kickass play dates 😄

• Love 1

My opinion about Angela was that she was rightfully disappointed with not making show group. Was she assuming too much ? Yes, but her reaction was understandable.  It was mean  and petty to call her out for having a bad day and embarrass her on the show.

I have issues with the lack of support they give girls and veterans instead of helping them recover they get berated for feeling down like a normal person. Then they act like they don’t want to “break a girl’s spirit.” 

I understand the girls shouldn’t let it show in their performance but I feel there are more positive and less abusive ways to address a girl who is having a bad night. Even more so when it’s a veteran who has been a solid, if not stellar, team member. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 20

From her quick Instagram story, I think Tara taught a dance class. I wonder if she is re-auditioning or not. 

I feel bad for her. She worked 3 jobs in order to move to TX to tryout. She's such a natural beauty who has grit and integrity. DCC's loss.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, rose711 said:

My opinion about Angela was that she was rightfully disappointed with not making show group. Was she assuming too much ? Yes, but her reaction was understandable.  It was mean  and petty to call her out for having a bad day and embarrass her on the show.

I have issues with the lack of support they give girls and veterans instead of helping them recover they get berated for feeling down like a normal person. Then they act like they don’t want to “break a girl’s spirit.” 

I understand the girls shouldn’t let it show in their performance but I feel there are more positive and less abusive ways to address a girl who is having a bad night. Even more so when it’s a veteran who has been a solid, if not stellar, team member. 

I certainly agree. I’m pretty sure vets make mistakes too and they just ignore it on the show-no way a girl like Savanah for example is struggling one year and the next she has no trouble learning new choreo or guest choreo. And I’m sure others have bad nights as well as we’ve seen some glimpses before. Unless a vet is always outperformed, calling out a leader for being ‘outdanced by her rookies’ on one night is mean. No one would notice that from the stands anyway...

3 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

From her quick Instagram story, I think Tara taught a dance class. I wonder if she is re-auditioning or not. 

I feel bad for her. She worked 3 jobs in order to move to TX to tryout. She's such a natural beauty who has grit and integrity. DCC's loss.

I hope not! The way they treated her was really unfair. I wasn’t a big fan, but it was obvious she was dealing with something bigger and instead of supporting her, they just kicked her out. The least they could do was put her on all star duties and let her get back on her feet, maybe even earn her spot back next season.

• Love 6

From Jenna's Twitter

Jenna Lené Jackson‏ @JennaLeneJ 15h15 hours ago

Happy to officially announce my new job! I’ve been working with the Mudbugs since November & you’re looking at the new Corporate Fullfilment and Game Operations Director! Thank you for welcoming me with open arms Shreveport! New state new adventures!

The Shreveport Mudbugs are a NAHL junior league hockey team. It doesn't look like it has any ice girls (dancers) .

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I found out that Ann Lux is currently pregnant with twins, and they're girls.

Oh yeah....and Brooke is pregnant.  Jordan is welcoming a baby girl.  Crystal T is having a girl.  More legacies:)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh yeah....and Brooke is pregnant.  Jordan is welcoming a baby girl.  Crystal T is having a girl.  More legacies:)

Legacies are great, but we've seen only a handful, if that, actually make the team.  Of the legacies that the viewers were told were actual legacies (Meredith Oden-Root, Cassie Trammell, Victoria Kalina and the one blond who had questionable pics in the past when she auditioned, can't remember her name), only two of them made it.  One, Meredith, made it on her own and Cassie is still believed to have made it because of her mom.  Victoria WOULD have made it if Kelli could have made it happen, but she couldn't and Victoria was the weakest of the 4 girls left when she was cut.  The other girl didn't even make it to Finals.  I know there have been other legacies that audition, but very few go on to make Training Camp, much less the team.  It seems you either have to be an exceptional dancer as a legacy (among other things) or have connections to make the team.  Have there been other legacies that made the team while the show has been on, who have been the legacies (besides the three I noted by name) since the show was on and how far have they made it?

• Love 2
21 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

From Jenna's Twitter

Jenna Lené Jackson‏ @JennaLeneJ 15h15 hours ago

Happy to officially announce my new job! I’ve been working with the Mudbugs since November & you’re looking at the new Corporate Fullfilment and Game Operations Director! Thank you for welcoming me with open arms Shreveport! New state new adventures!

The Shreveport Mudbugs are a NAHL junior league hockey team. It doesn't look like it has any ice girls (dancers) .

I'm happy for her for getting the hell out of Dallas. Hope she grows ...

• Love 4
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Why would Jenna move to Shreveport, LA.

I hate those huge bows in girl babies' hair.   Not that anyone cares.   Moms with boys need to come up with something for boys.  Maybe a John Deere tractor on a rope or something like that.

I think her boyfriend moved there so she moved to be with him

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think her boyfriend moved there so she moved to be with him

I don’t think they are even together anymore she erased all pics of him and her together on her Instagram 

5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I don’t think they are even together anymore she erased all pics of him and her together on her Instagram 

He still has her pics up and they still “like” each other’s recent pics.  My guess is if they didn’t break up, she’s trying to make her profile more work than personal.  But I could be wrong 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Legacies are great, but we've seen only a handful, if that, actually make the team.  Of the legacies that the viewers were told were actual legacies (Meredith Oden-Root, Cassie Trammell, Victoria Kalina and the one blond who had questionable pics in the past when she auditioned, can't remember her name), only two of them made it.  One, Meredith, made it on her own and Cassie is still believed to have made it because of her mom.  Victoria WOULD have made it if Kelli could have made it happen, but she couldn't and Victoria was the weakest of the 4 girls left when she was cut.  The other girl didn't even make it to Finals.  I know there have been other legacies that audition, but very few go on to make Training Camp, much less the team.  It seems you either have to be an exceptional dancer as a legacy (among other things) or have connections to make the team.  Have there been other legacies that made the team while the show has been on, who have been the legacies (besides the three I noted by name) since the show was on and how far have they made it?

The only other legacy I remember is Nadia whose mom was a DC C in the 80s.  I think she on!y made it to semis finals. Trying to figure out who the blonde with questionable pictures is.

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

The only other legacy I remember is Nadia whose mom was a DC C in the 80s.  I think she on!y made it to semis finals. Trying to figure out who the blonde with questionable pictures is.

Don’t forget Dayton! 

• Love 1
On 1/21/2019 at 4:09 PM, PhilForPoint said:

I agree. Hard to compete with “Lucid Dream” but I think the Cassie/Ally/Taylor fiasco deserves honorable mention.  And any time Kaitlin LeGrand was in the office her second training camp. 

When I glanced at this post, my mind read it as "Putrid Dream".

7 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

4 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

Don’t forget Dayton! 

Did Nadia have questionable pics during the show or did she go down that rabbit hole after not making it?

There was also Cami the cheerleader (talked about upthread). It seems to me there have been a few others mentioned in passing at the beginning of the MTT seasons & then just faded away (like they didn't make it pass the first round).

On 2/3/2019 at 1:30 PM, TexasBorn said:

The DCC do not deserve to have Tara back. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

Don’t forget Dayton! 

I did.  Thanks for pointing that out.  That makes five legacies, though I do remember Shelly saying that there have been more legacies that have auditioned, we just don't know who they are, mainly because they were never featured (or otherwise pointed out) on the show.

43 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I did.  Thanks for pointing that out.  That makes five legacies, though I do remember Shelly saying that there have been more legacies that have auditioned, we just don't know who they are, mainly because they were never featured (or otherwise pointed out) on the show.

I thought there was a legacy who made the squad before Meredith.  However, I can't remember the name and the earlier pages of this forum were taken down.  

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought there was a legacy who made the squad before Meredith.  However, I can't remember the name and the earlier pages of this forum were taken down.  

Amber Gosdin

I think there is a lot more to what happened with Angela and SG than what was shown in the one episode. She comes back for her fifth year expecting to make SG so she can be with her friends and travel. Really!! She tried for three years. She should have seen the writing on the wall. And she was not the first veteran to be called out for something.

21 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Obvi Jenna reads here. Her insta is now private.  Jenna, you are not a celeb.  Actually, you suck.  

This is actually a smart move. I never understand why people who garner a lot of attention don't have a private account for those they actually know and a public one that is more open. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Obvi Jenna reads here. Her insta is now private.  Jenna, you are not a celeb.  Actually, you suck.  

Oh Jenna, how are we supposed to hear about your fabulous dentist and his magic teeth whitening products you were hustling if you’re private? 😂🤦🏽‍♀️😂🤦🏽‍♀️😂🤦🏽‍♀️😂

• Love 1
On 2/3/2019 at 5:04 PM, dreamcatcher said:

I hope not! The way they treated her was really unfair. I wasn’t a big fan, but it was obvious (Tara) was dealing with something bigger and instead of supporting her, they just kicked her out. The least they could do was put her on all star duties and let her get back on her feet, maybe even earn her spot back next season.

Ideally, she would come back strong, make the team, then when she's in the cheerleader bouquet getting her picture taken, give a double middle finger salute to the camera and walk off.  But I guess that's a lot of trouble for one moment of glory and for all I know there may be a "no double finger salutes to the camera" clause in their contracts.

2 hours ago, hypeman said:

Wow!

So Jenna leaves Dallas, gets a grown up job, and stop shilling stuff on IG, and she’s still supposed to be an arrogant bitch that would be nothing without DCC. 

I’m happy that she appears to be moving on with her life and going in a positive direction. GOOD FOR HER!

I said last year, if Jenna saved a child from a burning building, someone would still complain. Sadly, I was correct. 

If Jenna was so terrible, why were you checking her IG anyway?

When I first started reading this forum, Jenna was everyone's favorite (or it seemed that way to me), but it felt like one day I logged in and she was a nasty, thirsty, b**ch.  When and why did the tides turn?

On 2/6/2019 at 11:14 AM, bigskygirl said:

I think there is a lot more to what happened with Angela and SG than what was shown in the one episode. She comes back for her fifth year expecting to make SG so she can be with her friends and travel. Really!! She tried for three years. She should have seen the writing on the wall. And she was not the first veteran to be called out for something.

Didn't people theorize that she didn't make showgroup because she turned down too many appearance opportunities?  Or was that another DCC?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Didn't people theorize that she didn't make showgroup because she turned down too many appearance opportunities?  Or was that another DCC?

It was mentioned during SG audition deliberations on that episode..

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Ideally, she would come back strong, make the team, then when she's in the cheerleader bouquet getting her picture taken, give a double middle finger salute to the camera and walk off.  But I guess that's a lot of trouble for one moment of glory and for all I know there may be a "no double finger salutes to the camera" clause in their contracts.

When I first started reading this forum, Jenna was everyone's favorite (or it seemed that way to me), but it felt like one day I logged in and she was a nasty, thirsty, b**ch.  When and why did the tides turn?

I’m wondering the same with erica. She was no1 in here and suddenly I (felt like) I was the only fan left.

Hi everyone! I haven’t visited in a while. I’m an old schooler. 

I never chime in on Cassie drama, but her babies are darling! All these babies are soooo cute. Maybe it’s because I have two grands born 12/22 and 1/23 I just can’t get enough of. It’s so different when you can spoil them and send them home. 

I don’t know about Jenna, but I wish her the best. She was immature, but I’d hate to be judged for dumb stuff I did at 23...or even 33 for that matter. Thank goodness for the lack of social media when I was young.

my fave DCC moments. The tin man and poem were iconic. I have actually met Viv in real life, and she’s nice. I feel bad that sticks out.

kitty to Christina: “I’m a stripper; I’m a slut” 

kitty’s run in with Katy where she told her she was too tan and looked like a melting chocolate bar. Kitty’s run in with Erica where she told her her hair sucked.

when Jay chastised the slackers during a fitness challenge.  (season 5 or 6)

Brooke’s “fat arms”

Meagen F. giving K and J what for, calling them “Dream crushers”, and keeping her dignity! Honestly, she could and should have made it over others in season 5.

brenda going off on Kat about her dress although we’ve seen worse before and since.

holly trying to lie and be remorseful. It was like my 2nd graders. I totally didn’t believe her and can’t believe she thought anyone else bought it.

thats all I’ve got.

4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m wondering the same with erica. She was no1 in here and suddenly I (felt like) I was the only fan left.

I always liked Erica. I was a huge fan of hers. Until

1. She was very condescending and rude and acted like she left the DCC because of an “injury” rather than not doing her job.

if she had come clean, I would have been fine, but why lie? 

2. The lawsuit-not so much the actual reason, of the suit, but why file the lawsuit? Jump straight to a lawyer because you’re mad is what it seemed like to me. Instead of mediation or talking? 

it just seemed like bratty, entitled behavior and she lost me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Hummingbird24 said:

1. She was very condescending and rude and acted like she left the DCC because of an “injury” rather than not doing her job.

2. The lawsuit-not so much the actual reason, of the suit, but why file the lawsuit? Jump straight to a lawyer because you’re mad is what it seemed like to me. Instead of mediation or talking? 

That's how I felt about the lawsuit, too. Do they need better pay, compensation, etc? Yes. BUT they all go into this knowing that it is a PART-TIME gig with stringent requirements and little pay/compensation acting like it will be the end of the world if/when they don't make the team and most do it for multiple years (year one you can say there was some ignorance going in, but not years 2 to whatever). But then to file a lawsuit only AFTER you get fired for blatantly breaking the rules just smells rotten to me. Maybe she was vocal about things all along, but she seemed more than willing to go along with it until they showed her the door. If you feel like things are that bad, why keep doing for so many years?

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Hi everyone! I haven’t visited in a while. I’m an old schooler. 

I never chime in on Cassie drama, but her babies are darling! All these babies are soooo cute. Maybe it’s because I have two grands born 12/22 and 1/23 I just can’t get enough of. It’s so different when you can spoil them and send them home. 

I don’t know about Jenna, but I wish her the best. She was immature, but I’d hate to be judged for dumb stuff I did at 23...or even 33 for that matter. Thank goodness for the lack of social media when I was young.

my fave DCC moments. The tin man and poem were iconic. I have actually met Viv in real life, and she’s nice. I feel bad that sticks out.

kitty to Christina: “I’m a stripper; I’m a slut” 

kitty’s run in with Katy where she told her she was too tan and looked like a melting chocolate bar. Kitty’s run in with Erica where she told her her hair sucked.

when Jay chastised the slackers during a fitness challenge.  (season 5 or 6)

Brooke’s “fat arms”

Meagen F. giving K and J what for, calling them “Dream crushers”, and keeping her dignity! Honestly, she could and should have made it over others in season 5.

brenda going off on Kat about her dress although we’ve seen worse before and since.

holly trying to lie and be remorseful. It was like my 2nd graders. I totally didn’t believe her and can’t believe she thought anyone else bought it.

thats all I’ve got.

I doubt they would have dismissed her had she not been injured though. Much like Jenna was allowed to finish her season. So I don’t mind her using this excuse, especially since that’s DCC’s story as well. As for the lawsuit, it wasn’t just about the extremely low pay, but she said she wasn’t even paid the full amount she was owed. She probably would have kept her mouth shut if she wasn’t dismissed, but she was right in fighting them.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Brooke’s “fat arms”.

I recall Kitty asking Katy if she was Hispanic but didn't catch the chocolate bar comment.

Kelli asked Judy why are Brooke's arms were so thick.

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I recall Kitty asking Katy if she was Hispanic but didn't catch the chocolate bar comment.

Kelli asked Judy why are Brooke's arms were so thick.

I remember that, she asked "why do you think I would ask if you're Hispanic?" Or something like that. And Katy replied "because I'm tan." And Kitty said "you're more than tan honey, you're chocolate." Ha 

• Love 1

Looks like Brandi Kilby (Colbert) has her hands full with 6 kids

From Her IG:

brandi.colbert

#4under4 has been my life since September! #4babiesin4years...... But tonight is the last night for that. My 2nd baby, Samara, will be 4 years old tomorrow! My life is full of little bitty people 24/7. Im always tired, I am doing laundry, changing diapers and cleaning throw up, seemingly, at all times, my house is pretty much always a mess (and so am I) and I absolutely wouldn't change it for anything!❤......oh, and another fun fact: 2019 is the first year I haven't been pregnant since 2013! 🤣

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I sooo agree!  Even now, I look at someone like Savannah and wonder how she made it but Meghan never did.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I doubt they would have dismissed her had she not been injured though. Much like Jenna was allowed to finish her season. So I don’t mind her using this excuse, especially since that’s DCC’s story as well. As for the lawsuit, it wasn’t just about the extremely low pay, but she said she wasn’t even paid the full amount she was owed. She probably would have kept her mouth shut if she wasn’t dismissed, but she was right in fighting them.

Yeah, no doubt she was bitter, but the lawsuit wasn't about cheerleaders generally being undervalued, which I do see as a "if it's so bad, why did you stay for so long" sort of issue. However (legitimate or not, I'll never know since it was dismissed quickly), the lawsuit was primarily about wage and hour violations. The law is the law. She could be there for 25 years, but if they're not paying her correctly, there's nothing frivolous about the claim. Also, lots of people are not going to realize that they may have a legit FLSA claim unless they have a reason to look into it- ie. a co-worker or other employee files a suit/raises the issue or the employee gets pissed off about something and actually starts looking into potential legal claims. Many people are just going to assume that the law and regulations are being followed when it comes to their paycheck, and I would think that would be especially true with the DCCs, since they seem to have such an unusual set-up (paid a flat rate for some events and hourly for others). 

• Love 8