Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

There is probably a lot more to the Angela not making SG for three years than what was shown on the show. There is a lot of things behind close doors we have no clue about. I would not be surprised if CMT along with Kelli and Charlotte were trying to prove Angela deserves to be on the team after showing her not making SG by showing her working with TC Candidates. And I do not believe MR picked Angela to worked with the girls who were struggling because it has CMT, Kelli and Charlotte written all over it.

Eh, the novelty of being from Australia wore off bc they had Jinelle the kiss up by then, plus Angela was always on WW. They were over her but didn't have real reason to cut, but didn't want her on show group. Kelli is fickle when her pets do not perform as commanded. She can turn on you faster than anything. 

• Love 5

I do not think Jinelle is a kiss up. Like I said there is a lot more to why Angela did not make SG three years in a roll. To be a fly in the wall and find out the real truth of what is going on behind the closed DCC doors.

1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Eh, the novelty of being from Australia wore off bc they had Jinelle the kiss up by then, plus Angela was always on WW. They were over her but didn't have real reason to cut, but didn't want her on show group. Kelli is fickle when her pets do not perform as commanded. She can turn on you faster than anything. 

This, I totally buy. Honestly, had they used Angela having constant weight issues an an impediment to her not making show team, that would have made more sense to me. “Turning down appearances” never struck me as a real reason, but more of “let’s just come up with something for the show” reason.

• Love 4

Maybe they were tired of her saying she was going to retired and then changing her mind. She did change her mind about her fifth year, and she did try out again without going on the calendar shoot. Plus her reasoning for wanting SG may have not sit well with Kelli and Charlotte. To be honest about it, I do not understand the need to come back again because you think you have slim chance of making SG, being a group leader, PB Girl, point girl, or hoping you would get VOTY.

Edited by bigskygirl
Well not will *lol*
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:08 AM, go4luca said:

You really need to watch this yourself.  I could never do it justice.  She told off K & J so vehemently.  Unlike anything I ever saw someone have the cajones to do before! 

I give Meagan credit because she kept her cool and didn't get hysterical. Probably because of it the whole (at least I'm guessing) scene was shown.  Now what we've "heard" about Nina Moch's cut  (from season 2?) she "supposedly" got nasty/violent that it had to be edited.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I give Meagan credit because she kept her cool and didn't get hysterical. Probably because of it the whole (at least I'm guessing) scene was shown.  Now what we've "heard" about Nina Moch's cut  (from season 2?) she "supposedly" got nasty/violent that it had to be edited.

You are correct.  My word choice of "vehemently" wasn't perhaps the best choice.  But I still give her credit for having the cojones to do so.

• Love 1

This Angela story is typical DCC powers that be bullshit. “All of our girls are accomplished women with real careers and studying for advanced degrees” but also “Angela can’t be on show group now that she has to time because for three years she thought her career or schooling was more important than make $50 for standing in what is basically underwear at the Frisco Jiffy Lube”

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

This Angela story is typical DCC powers that be bullshit. “All of our girls are accomplished women with real careers and studying for advanced degrees” but also “Angela can’t be on show group now that she has to time because for three years she thought her career or schooling was more important than make $50 for standing in what is basically underwear at the Frisco Jiffy Lube”

I laugh at Kelli when she said they only send out girls on appearances to let people know we care about them aka the military or hospitals (we are picky about where we send the girls,) but she does not mind sending them to Albertsons or a donut shop. And yes, I like donuts as much as the next person, and I shop at my local Albertsons, but come on Kelli, I do not consider them serious life changing moments for the girls and the people they meet and greet for a few hours. Judy, Kelli and Charlotte act like it is big honor for the girls and the people who see and meet them. Seriously!!!

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe they were tired of her saying she was going to retired and then changing her mind. She did change her mind about her fifth year, and she did try out again without going on the calendar shoot. Plus her reasoning for wanting SG may have not sit well with Kelli and Charlotte. To be honest about it, I do not understand the need to come back again because you think you have slim chance of making SG, being a group leader, PB Girl, point girl, or hoping you would get VOTY.

Was she in the DCC calendar that year? Or did they use photos from a previous year?

On 1/26/2019 at 3:14 AM, bigskygirl said:

She was turning down appearances for more than one year, and she tried out for SG for three years. If she allegedly had time for SG practices and appearances for three years then she had time to go on non show group appearances especially since SG would have taken up a lot more of her time than a two or three hour meet and greet appearance at the local donut shop or Albertsons. She knew she was expected to on appearances when she signed her contract. Being group leader is different than being on SG. Nicole did not make SG, but she was a group leader and was still able to make non SG appearances with no problems. And just because a girl does not have a regular full time job or is a student does not mean she should have to pick up the slack for Angela. Plus the fact Angela was not expected to go out on every single appearances DCCs were sent out to.

Btw, what happened with Jenna is a completely different story. She came very close to being cut, and I bet if Kelli and Judy had their way, she would not have been a group leader either. Judy wanted her gone, but Kelli and Charlotte wanted her to stay and finish out her last year with the implication she was not welcome to try out for another year.

Can I just say that I completely understand why a girl with a limited amount of time to spare would choose to go for SG and SG related appearances instead of “generic appearances”? I think saying that perfect attendance matters to who makes SG sounds exactly the argument we’ve been having for the past year regarding point and leadership vs. showmanship. And I don’t agree that girls should kill themselves for a part time job to prove to Kelli that they would be good enough for SG when their skills should be the only thing that matters.

14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

So she changed her mind once and they were tired of her changing her mind? I absolutely get why a girl would come back for another year to get one of the “honors”. When you’ve been on the squad for 4 (or 5) years, doing one more to get the ring, PBC or any other thing important in the dcc land makes absolute sense to me.

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

$100 per years on squad.  So, Lacey gets $500, Kash and Amy $400, and so on. 

Lacey gets 500 an hour??? I’m sorry but the vets should be fighting each other to death to get to the donut shop for one hour and get paid 500$.

• Love 7

I just have a hard time buying a vet gets $500 to stand at Dunkin’ Donuts for two hours.

I also don’t buy there is anyway, legally, they can get away with those pay discrepancies.

Edited by Lolfordays
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Lacey gets 500 an hour??? I’m sorry but the vets should be fighting each other to death to get to the donut shop for one hour and get paid 500$.

Hell, if the rate of pay is that high for a one hour appearance, that's put her at a higher hourly average than any young lawyer and most experienced ones (there are certainly many attorneys in big cities and certain practice areas who can charge rates over $1k/per hour, but I doubt there are hardly any who are below 30 who do so).  If I were an upper vet, I would be begging Shelly to send me to every appearance if the pay rate is that high lol. Jenna and Sydney staying for 6 and 7 years make more sense now if they were truly making that sort of money on these little appearances at Albertson's, etc. 

• Love 4

From a NY Post article about Erica's lawsuit:

For practices, Wilkins said she was paid $8 an hour. For appearances, she was allegedly paid a flat fee of $100 her first year, $200 her second and $300 her third (pay increases are capped at $500). She says show-group appearances were capped at $250, no matter a member’s tenure.

So it's not really per hour, it's per appearance.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Ok but do they get that much money whether they stay there for 8 hours or 4? Because honestly, it looks like going to every single appearance would make you more money than SG.

4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Ok but do they get that much money whether they stay there for 8 hours or 4? Because honestly, it looks like going to every single appearance would make you more money than SG.

Yes.

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Interesting, per that excerpt from the article, a fourth year girl gets paid $150 more to stand around at Wal-Mart and speak to people for a few hours than she does to actually perform with the Show Group...

On 1/26/2019 at 11:55 AM, MrsEVH said:

I watched it last night. MF was articulate and calm. Unfortunately, K&J didn't take her advice. Who has made it into TC 3xs, then cut? Kendall? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

I watched it last night. MF was articulate and calm. Unfortunately, K&J didn't take her advice. Who has made it into TC 3xs, then cut? Kendall? 

I think Kendall only made it to Training Camp twice.  She made it all the way through both times then was one of the last two or three cut each time.  From what I gathered, she didn't want to go through all that a third time and risk getting cut again so she never auditioned after that.  I think Brennan is the only other girl that has made it to Training Camp three times, though she made it her third time.  There are other girls who made it at least twice, but those girls either made it their second time or didn't want to bother auditioning again after getting cut that second time.

This reminded me of Amy Simone (the girl who tried out 5 straight times, made it to Training Camp her 5th year auditioning, then was either the last cut or one of the last two; she then went on to make the Golden State Warriors dance team, danced one year, then disappeared).  I haven't seen her on Instagram for quite some time.  In fact, I think the last time she posted on the Instagram I follow (@amyysimone) was August of 2017.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Am I the only one of the opinion that CMT doesn't have a say in who stays/goes? I believe they have a say in who gets featured in the beginning, but not so much when it comes to the decision of who actually makes it onto the team.

I believe they have a say on how they create drama, but IMO there is no way they have anything to say about who does/doesn't make it.  Unless "CMT" means Kelli, being that she is an executive producer for the show.

• Love 3
On 1/20/2019 at 7:03 PM, MrsEVH said:

malia_morales-002%20L.jpg

I know this is going back a bit, but for everyone who doesn’t remember DCC Malia, go to 7:32. The cheerleaders are coming out on the cheer deck. It’s Tia, Malia, Brooke, Carrie, Evan, and Cassie. The photographer is all over the place but he definitely got some great footage of Malia. She, IMO, definitely has the true DCC look....2009 was my favorite DCC squad. 

• Love 3

Speaking of the 2009 squad:

13 hours ago, ByTor said:

I believe they have a say on how they create drama, but IMO there is no way they have anything to say about who does/doesn't make it.  Unless "CMT" means Kelli, being that she is an executive producer for the show.

They brought Kaime into TC after the Minshew sisters quit, which is something they had never done before.  They also brought Meagan and Jackie into the office cause they were "struggling" and it turned out to be manufactured drama.  Would we say this was the first year drama was created for the show?

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Speaking of the 2009 squad:

They brought Kaime into TC after the Minshew sisters quit, which is something they had never done before.  They also brought Meagan and Jackie into the office cause they were "struggling" and it turned out to be manufactured drama.  Would we say this was the first year drama was created for the show?

I think so. Seasons 1-3 focused on the training camp candidates and workouts with Jay. Even Cassie’s try out season (3) did not focus mainly on her. But, yes...when they brought in Kaime (who I really liked), and the Minshew sisters....there was way too much drama. For me personally, I thought bringing in Kamie (that late in training camp), was very unfair to her. She never really had a chance to catch up! I was sad for her! She kind of reminded me of Natalie Woods (who I also liked)! 

• Love 4
On 1/26/2019 at 1:51 PM, MrsEVH said:

Was she in the DCC calendar that year? Or did they use photos from a previous year?

She was not going to go for her fifth year and then she changed her mind. She did not go on the calendar shoot. I also do think she was in the calendar.

12 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

I think so. Seasons 1-3 focused on the training camp candidates and workouts with Jay. Even Cassie’s try out season (3) did not focus mainly on her. But, yes...when they brought in Kaime (who I really liked), and the Minshew sisters....there was way too much drama. For me personally, I thought bringing in Kamie (that late in training camp), was very unfair to her. She never really had a chance to catch up! I was sad for her! She kind of reminded me of Natalie Woods (who I also liked)! 

An insider on another website said Kaime had no chance of making the team. Judy and Kelli did not want her on the team, and Kaime thought she was a shoo-in because they brought her back, and she was not working at all to make the team, so she was cut. I do not think Judy and Kelli wanted her to come back, and it was CMT and Charlotte who came up with the idea to bring her back for ratings and drama because it was not the first or last time one or more girls quit TC before Season 4.

I’ve been rewatching season 12 out of boredom because it’s my least favorite of all time and I can’t figure out why. But I have to say, I’m so sad Holly was promiscuous and left the team. She was one of my all time favorites. She’d have been an amazing point. She’s lost so much weight and looks even better now which makes me even sadder 😢. 

• Love 4

Looks like Jenna and her boyfriend broke up. She's deleted everything on Instagram with him. I know a lot of people on here dislike her from her actions her last couple of years on the team, but I still feel bad for her. Having moved away from all her friends in Dallas, it's got to be tough.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, doglover0814 said:

Looks like Jenna and her boyfriend broke up. She's deleted everything on Instagram with him. I know a lot of people on here dislike her from her actions her last couple of years on the team, but I still feel bad for her. Having moved away from all her friends in Dallas, it's got to be tough.

Aww that is sad. She had just posted a New Years pic with him and gushed about how lucky she was. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I dunno. I always felt like Jenna used him as a prop to prove she wasn't fraternizing anymore and just a a sweet, innocent, committed girl. So in love with What was your name again? *pose for the camera, click click*

Was she fraternizing her last season or was that the year before?

59 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I dunno. I always felt like Jenna used him as a prop to prove she wasn't fraternizing anymore and just a a sweet, innocent, committed girl. So in love with What was your name again? *pose for the camera, click click*

Perhaps that's how it started, but moving to Shreveport (not exactly South Beach lol) long after you're done cheering would be some sort of dedication to keeping up a front that you're not fraternizing - something that no one other than K&J and Charlotte cares about in the first place. 

Whatever happened, must've been dramatic to delete everything like that. Of course, some people are fine with everyone knowing the status of their relationships. I can't count how many times I've found out about break-up and even divorces because all social media references and pictures suddenly disappeared (and the people involved were fine with people finding out that way), but I prefer to be a bit more discreet.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Perhaps that's how it started, but moving to Shreveport (not exactly South Beach lol) long after you're done cheering would be some sort of dedication to keeping up a front that you're not fraternizing - something that no one other than K&J and Charlotte cares about in the first place. 

Whatever happened, must've been dramatic to delete everything like that. Of course, some people are fine with everyone knowing the status of their relationships. I can't count how many times I've found out about break-up and even divorces because all social media references and pictures suddenly disappeared (and the people involved were fine with people finding out that way), but I prefer to be a bit more discreet.  

As a former assistant manager, my favorite was always someone asking if another employee had called in yet cause they were on Facebook - letting everyone know they were sick, or throwing up, and probably calling in:/

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

She was going to move somewhere besides Dallas to cover not being asked to be All Star. But yeah you have a point. Shreveport?

2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

She was going to move somewhere besides Dallas to cover not being asked to be All Star. But yeah you have a point. Shreveport?

Yeah, if I was trying to make a quick exit from Dallas, and California was home, I know where I would be headed lol. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Same, there's only one post of my bf on my instagram and we aren't "facebook official" even though we've been dating since the summer. I just would rather not have everyone know my relationship status.

• Love 4
On 2/1/2019 at 7:11 AM, nittanyvolleyball said:

Same, there's only one post of my bf on my instagram and we aren't "facebook official" even though we've been dating since the summer. I just would rather not have everyone know my relationship status.

Same, down to the time we’ve been dating and how many pics are online 😂😂 

I think this is partially a generational thing too. It amazes me how much goes into stories in particular, since those aren’t as carefully curated as actual posts with hashtags and such. The gals I know in their 20’s that are super open with everything are building their (actual) small businesses and leveraging to get to 10,000 followers since that’s where the money really kicks in. 

So share the cute posts, use a million hashtags, build your brand, promote your business (dance wear, dance classes, weird MLM crap, etc.) and follow the money. It’s amazing to me how much is available with that hustle. 

Not my jam, but maybe I’m misunderstanding the money available.  And since I’m ten followers away from 1000, sure wishing that was the cutoff so my quilts were bringing in some cash too 😂😂😂😂😂

• Love 3
On 1/31/2019 at 7:10 PM, scorpio1031 said:

As a former assistant manager, my favorite was always someone asking if another employee had called in yet cause they were on Facebook - letting everyone know they were sick, or throwing up, and probably calling in:/

I worked in retail for nine years, and parents would call the store to see if their kid was there because they had no clue where their kid was at.

57 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I worked in retail for nine years, and parents would call the store to see if their kid was there because they had no clue where their kid was at.

Now they can just put trackers on their phones to find out where they are:)  

• Love 2