Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Been preoccupied with the holidays and living vicariously through Dayton! 

No USO Tour or visits to US Bases...that was last year. 

Thanks, @ShellyB! And I think we are all living vicariously through Dayton! So happy for her! 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

They did this in November?

Not an official USO visit. Ft. Hood is a place we often visit since it’s close by. Play 60 is an NFL initiative and they combined it with Salute to Service...also an NFL initiative. 

• Love 6
On 1/13/2019 at 7:52 AM, ByTor said:

I could be wrong, but I assume she's burned a few bridges along the way.

The Sports Entertainment business is fickle...there are so many peps she probably connected with and she probably has now connections in L.A.. Kitty Carter also still loves her and helped her get to L.A. Ive seen people do worse, then get fired and next week they are working in like Florida or Arizona..Its just about who you know sometimes. 

• Love 1

I often wonder if the girls who leave on not-so-great terms really have burned bridges with anyone beyond K&J. Holly seems to be doing fine, and as @8dallas noted, Kitty helped her get to LA. Erica teaches classes in Kitty's dance studio. There may be other examples. I mean, those girls may not ask K&J to be a work reference, but it doesn't seem like they're blackballed in the wider dance world.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

What did Kitty do for Holly? 

She is and has been like a mentor for her. Kitty has connects in the dance world and she has sent dancers from here to L.A. for many years.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 8dallas said:

She is and has been like a mentor for her. Kitty has connects in the dance world and she has sent dancers from here to L.A. for many years.

Yeah, like that guy whose name I can't think of who was a guest choreographer this past Summer.  I think they said he did work with Janet Jackson?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, like that guy whose name I can't think of who was a guest choreographer this past Summer.  I think they said he did work with Janet Jackson?

Are you perhaps thinking of Nick Florez?  I don't know if he worked with Janet but he did train with Kitty who later booted him to L.A.  He has worked with Brittney (dancer) and Pink (choreographer) and Katy Perry (also choreographer).

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Are you perhaps thinking of Nick Florez? 

Yes!  I just looked him up...I thought he did choreography with Janet Jackson, but he didn't, he performed with her.

http://www.codance.com/faculty/nick-florez/

As a dancer, Nick has performed on numerous world tours for Janet Jackson and Britney Spears and danced with other artists including Will Smith, Jordan Knight, Blink 182, Lil Kim, Queen Latiffah, Jewel, Paulina Rubio, the Pussycat Dolls, and Madonna on major award shows and music videos. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Not that it matters, but I think when K, K or J see a very talented dancer with a potentially great future ahead of her,  just because she isn't right for DCC doesn't necessarily mean she is blackballed toward others in the big leagues.  

I could be wrong, but I don't see Kelli or Judy holding enough sway in the dance world to blackball anyone. Kitty might hold a little more sway, but I don't see her holding that much power beyond Dallas either. Sure they can give bad references and warnings about dancers so they'd be side-eyed, but I don't think it'd be enough to actually blackball anyone.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I could be wrong, but I don't see Kelli or Judy holding enough sway in the dance world to blackball anyone. Kitty might hold a little more sway, but I don't see her holding that much power beyond Dallas either. Sure they can give bad references and warnings about dancers so they'd be side-eyed, but I don't think it'd be enough to actually blackball anyone.

100% agree. I think they could blackball someone in Dallas and maybe even for some other pro sports dance teams, but beyond that... I’m highly skeptical. 

I also think that it’s very possible that Holly made connections over her 1.5 years in LA that have gotten her opportunities, outside of any help from someone in Dallas. I’m not a pro dancer, but I’m friends with some who currently are or were in the past. They often described the industry as cutthroat but also one where if you make connections with the right person/people or get the right role, doors can start to open very quickly. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

100% agree. I think they could blackball someone in Dallas and maybe even for some other pro sports dance teams, but beyond that... I’m highly skeptical. 

It's been rumored about Vivian why she couldn't make any other teams besides the AAIA.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Nick was one of 4 dancers who used to tour with Britney pre-shaving her head. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

It's been rumored about Vivian why she couldn't make any other teams besides the AAIA.

I vaguely remember someone saying that she had an ego and personal issues.  I would think the dance world is small enough for others to hear about that and not take a chance on her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I vaguely remember someone saying that she had an ego and personal issues.  I would think the dance world is small enough for others to hear about that and not take a chance on her.

I can see that coming from Vivian . . . when she made Training Camp her second time around, she just seemed so vain after her first season on Training Camp.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Who's the pregnant DCC? And who are the two girls on the end (our right)?

Paige and Jessica. The two on the right end are Morgan and Hannah.

Check out these past uniforms

1974+dcc.jpg

• Love 4
21 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

There was also a baby shower for Mackenzie Lee, and a bridal shower for Meagan McVey.

I really hope someone has pictures from Mackenzie Lee's baby shower. She has always been my all time favorite, but I can never find pictures of her, probably because I am not on IG, snapchat, or any of those other new fangled social media things! lol! Anyway, if someone has pictures, please, please, please post them here. Thank you!!!

• Love 4
On 1/17/2019 at 1:16 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I would think what was shown on MTT was enough to make anyone leery of working with her. Even if she said it was all made up for the show, I'd still side-eye her for doing it.

52 minutes ago, jlc said:

I really hope someone has pictures from Mackenzie Lee's baby shower. She has always been my all time favorite, but I can never find pictures of her, probably because I am not on IG, snapchat, or any of those other new fangled social media things! lol! Anyway, if someone has pictures, please, please, please post them here. Thank you!!!

Her IG: https://www.instagram.com/imkenzielee/?hl=en

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I would think what was shown on MTT was enough to make anyone leery of working with her. Even if she said it was all made up for the show, I'd still side-eye her for doing it.

There is no way that Lucid Dream poem was made up.  You can't make that kind of stuff up.  #HallOfFameMTTmoment

• Love 5
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

There is no way that Lucid Dream poem was made up.  You can't make that kind of stuff up.  #HallOfFameMTTmoment

I just finished that season last week. When she read Lucid Dreams ... I. HAD. NO. WORDS. I second that #HallOfFameMTTmoment

I'm inspired ... What are your #HallOfFameMTTmoment ???

Mine would be VKs dripping mascara that had a life of its own. #TVfail 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I just finished that season last week. When she read Lucid Dreams ... I. HAD. NO. WORDS. I second that #HallOfFameMTTmoment

"Military-ish?  Stripper-ish?"

• Love 2
21 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I'm going for the classic, 50-yard Kelsey. Bonus for her telling candidates in her 2nd year get interview what ever they do, don't answer 50 yards.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

"I'm a stripper, I'm a whore" - Kitty Carter

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Opine said:

"I'm a stripper, I'm a whore" - Kitty Carter

I’m pretty sure that was “I’m a stripper. I’m a slut.” I think it was Christina.

i remember #grandmamoses to Pittsburgh Shannon and the bitchy girl from the  old salon who said “she couldn’t get the look.” Shannon is in reality gorgeous. The girl from the salon was a terrible judge.

My favorite is  when the weather guy was saying Victoria dances out of control and got the death stares from the group.

Charlotte to Kelli “what are you feeding these veterans in the off season.”

Edited by rose711
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, pisces125 said:

There are so many!!!!

My favorites are the the moments when Kelli presents a TCC with a spread of all kinds of nudie, strippy, drunken, "modeling portfolio"  photos printed and the response from the TCC is I am not like that, that's not who I am at all.  LOL  LOL

The Kaitlin Legrand moment in the office when a translator should have been present to help decipher what the heck she was talking about.

The time when they were doing the nothing but net challenge and Sarah Gourley is shown saying she wants to go up with her group to be their backbone and support then the scene immediately switches to her going up while screaming and having a panic attack in fear with the calm tccs looking on.   

• Love 3
23 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

A good moment - Look to the left, look to the right.  You are looking at the 2007 Dallas Cheerleading Squad

A bad moment - Stupid can be dangerous in our business

• Love 5

“My paper is blank. I have no names on my paper.” - something like that - that was my favorite squad reveal

Malena’s meltdown was epic in a sad way.

Jasmine getting up after falling and then singing the national anthem perfectly.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 3

Oh I forgot - everything about Chelsea getting cut- 

to the girls in the parking lot “The fatties, the fatties are still on the team.”

to Kelli that night “my friends were hurting and I just wanted them to know we were going to be ok.”

Kelli “bs”

next practice - Kitty thinks Chelsea is “pissy” and Chelsea is shown dancing like a clunky kindergartener wearing their  shoes on the wrong feet

to Kelli the next night ”I just want to be a good veteran. I can’t begin to tell you how much this team has changed my life in just one year.I wanted to tell you face to face.”

Kelli -“thanks. We’ve made the decision to release you from the team.”

Chelsea- “I can’t have one more chance.”

Kelli-“ the decision is final...”

Edited by rose711
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, rose711 said:

Oh I forgot - everything about Chelsea getting cut- 

to the girls in the parking lot “The fatties, the fatties are still on the team.”

to Kelli that night “my friends were hurting and I just wanted them to know we were going to be ok.”

Kelli “bs”

next practice - Kitty thinks Chelsea is “pissy” and Chelsea is shown dancing like a clunky kindergartener wearing their  shoes on the wrong feet

to Kelli the next night ”I just want to be a good veteran. I can’t begin to tell you how much this team has changed my life in just one year.I wanted to tell you face to face.”

Kelli -“thanks. We’ve made the decision to release you from the team.”

Chelsea- “I can’t have one more chance.”

Kelli-“ the decision is final...”

I just finished that season last week. That was cray.

48 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

A good moment - Look to the left, look to the right.  You are looking at the 2007 Dallas Cheerleading Squad

A bad moment - Stupid can be dangerous in our business

I would like to add "you can't fix stupid."

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I just finished that season last week. That was cray.

I would like to add "you can't fix stupid."

Thank you!!  I knew there was something with "stupid", but all I could find was the dangerous quote.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Well I'll be darned.   Had no idea.  Ate a dinner at a relative's (30ish) and I noticed her face was so shiny it looked very weird.  I know she does Botox regularly but just had no idea that is what happened.

I'm right there with you.  Had no clue.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Malia was point potential. Why oh why did she only tease us with just one year on the team. 

I totally agree.  She had the look, the talent, was well-spoken, oh so many things.  While Malia chose not to return, I think Kali Drake should also have been allowed to stay on for at least another couple of seasons instead of trying to replace her with you-know-who.  It was almost as if KD was a more plastic, less honest version of Kali and that Kali brought more to the team then KD would have despite what K&J thought of her "flaws".  

• Love 1
23 hours ago, rose711 said:

I’m pretty sure that was “I’m a stripper. I’m a slut.” I think it was Christina.

i remember #grandmamoses to Pittsburgh Shannon and the bitchy girl from the  old salon who said “she couldn’t get the look.” Shannon is in reality gorgeous. The girl from the salon was a terrible judge.

My favorite is  when the weather guy was saying Victoria dances out of control and got the death stares from the group.

Charlotte to Kelli “what are you feeding these veterans in the off season.”

You're probably right. I am old and tired.

4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

For the life of me I can't remember who that is!

Second from left, Season 4 - Kitty asked vets who they thought were ready, and no one named her, much to Kitty's surprise.  She quit after one year cause I think her hubby lived in Houston.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Second from left, Season 4 - Kitty asked vets who they thought were ready, and no one named her, much to Kitty's surprise.  She quit after one year cause I think her hubby lived in Houston.

The vets didn't name her yet, I think someone picked Mia,  I think Tia?  and Kitty said no, and then Kitty said that she was picking Malia. She was very under the radar but in the early episodes of season 4 they did discuss her a bit. 

• Love 1