Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

I see your statement and raise you an Army guy---they're way, way hotter. 

That is the only thing you took away from Training Camp circa the Clown Train of 2018?

I mean I loved Tara last season and this season I didnt see a reason for her to be cut...but abahahahahhaah VK crying face is still ingrained in my head I liked her two, but poor baby and her mascara reminds me of that movie Mulan 

13 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

I mean I loved Tara last season and this season I didnt see a reason for her to be cut...but abahahahahhaah VK crying face is still ingrained in my head I liked her two, but poor baby and her mascara reminds me of that movie Mulan 

Well I imagine you'll get a healthy does of VK next season. Perhaps she'll learn what waterproof mascara is before then. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Well I imagine you'll get a healthy does of VK next season. Perhaps she'll learn what waterproof mascara is before then. 

Someone said something to her on Insta, and she said she felt that waterproof mascara was just too hard to remove.  So she needs to learn what miscellar water is.  I mean, if she makes the squad that's how many hours practicing before the game, and then how many hours dancing at the game itself.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Someone said something to her on Insta, and she said she felt that waterproof mascara was just too hard to remove.  So she needs to learn what miscellar water is.  I mean, if she makes the squad that's how many hours practicing before the game, and then how many hours dancing at the game itself.

She will definitely need to figure it out. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, 8dallas said:

OMG Is Jenna the new Cassie in terms of drama that will last us a new decade...but this time I will be in the defense..2019 peoples

Considering all that's been said about Cassie and what she's done during her time as a DCC, I wouldn't compare it to what Jenna's done.

• Love 4
On 1/11/2019 at 5:34 AM, Loves2Dance said:

This. This won't be a popular opinion among most, but I did not look down on Jenna for the letter she sent Shelley. I did think the timing could have been better and she should have addressed Kelli head on, BUT the fact that Jenna needed to even ask shows Kelli's poor management skills. When people know their expectation and consequences, there is no gray area. If point was completely off the table for Jenna period, she should have been told that point was no longer an option which would have stopped any further questioning.  

Sorry I'm late to the party on these particular quotes.  Jenna's timing could have been MUCH better on this issue given that it supposedly a few days to a week between the time that Jenna and Holly got caught and Canton (does anyone have the REAL timeline that went down, not the show timeline?).  However (and I'm just throwing this out there), maybe Kelli said something about talking about the whole situation after Canton (so that Jenna's behavior while they were away could factor into the discussion) and Jenna knew this, but wanted info sooner because she was impatient/scared that she wouldn't get it back so sent the text.  When they heard about it, Kelli was probably on the side of "no", but wanted to give Jenna a chance to explain herself.  If done correctly, Jenna could have talked herself back INTO point, but the way she acted and reacted, as well as what she said, during the conversation made up Kelli's and Judy's minds for them that Jenna lost point for good.  

21 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

If I knew nothing about Kelli other than the situation with Jenna, I may reach my toe into this reality and give her the benefit of the doubt. However, Kelli's management of the team has been questionable since season 1. The person who called her the ultimate mom-ager is absolutely spot on. I have no doubt that she is smart and capable, but her tactics, games and mind tricks have been her signature the entire time. And this is opinion was formed long before VK came through the door, but I do think the VK situation showed the brightest light on her inability to separate personal from business. 

I've had good managers, bad managers and everything in between.  To me, a good manager steps back, trusts you to do the work, tells you when you screw up (and doesn't tell you when it's too late to do anything about the situation or uses the situation against you in any way but to learn), helps you correct, and manages to avoid playing favorites among other things.  Kelli ticks maybe one of these boxes and that's tell people when they screw up, but it's usually on things that they can't change or that it's unhealthy to change.  People can't change how their bodies are built and some people can't or shouldn't weigh a certain amount because it's unhealthy for them but Kelli doesn't care.  She's shown time and again that she plays favorites and that, if you're not her favorite, be prepared to get cut if you screw up because you might not get a second chance even if you're a veteran.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Jenna's a long way from becoming the new Cassie -- not even close. And as far as the "2019 peoples," it is the "Former DCC" thread & only happened last season, not 5 or 6 years ago.

Very true. Assuming this show last another 4 to 5 years, I would be surprised if Jenna is still being talked about then unless some new stuff pops up. In fairness though, we (the board) have known about the Jenna/Holly stuff longer than this new Cassie rumor, which seems to be true, in part, at least (not all the salacious parts). Likewise, for years, we all wondered why Olivia S. was cut, and it wasn't until a year or 2 ago when some insiders finally spilled, and Cassie came up in that. So, there is definitely an irrational obsession for Cassie, but I also don't think it's strange that she becomes a topic of conversation more than other vets. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Very true. Assuming this show last another 4 to 5 years, I would be surprised if Jenna is still being talked about then unless some new stuff pops up. In fairness though, we (the board) have known about the Jenna/Holly stuff longer than this new Cassie rumor, which seems to be true, in part, at least (not all the salacious parts). Likewise, for years, we all wondered why Olivia S. was cut, and it wasn't until a year or 2 ago when some insiders finally spilled, and Cassie came up in that. So, there is definitely an irrational obsession for Cassie, but I also don't think it's strange that she becomes a topic of conversation more than other vets. 

I also think that Cassie was involved in a lot of things that she shouldn't have been, especially if she was "being treated exactly like the other girls" like both Kelli and Judy were proclaiming at the time so a lot of the things she's accused of make a sort of sense.  Some of it's not true in the least but some of it is and we as fans will never likely know which is which.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I see your statement and raise you an Army guy---they're way, way hotter. 

That is the only thing you took away from Training Camp circa the Clown Train of 2018?

I don't know. I've known some pretty sexy Airmen!

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I also think that Cassie was involved in a lot of things that she shouldn't have been, especially if she was "being treated exactly like the other girls" like both Kelli and Judy were proclaiming at the time so a lot of the things she's accused of make a sort of sense.  

Yeah, honestly the lesson from the Cassie/VK/Dayton stuff is that if you really are not going to treat them like the other girls, which they clearly have no intention of doing so, then stop featuring them so much, especially if they really aren't top notch. I remember there was a reality show on the Dunbar High School cheerleading  team years ago, and the coach's daughter was on the team. She legit was the best cheerleader on that team - best tumbling technique, best flyer, good showmanship, etc, so nobody cared that she was upfront all the time and featured a lot. I remember discussing the show over on TWOP, and that girl (don't remember her name) was like the board favorite. But don't try and sell us bs, and pretend like we don't see it. The DCCs/CMT did it with Cassie, who was mediocre at best, and then to a greater degree with VK, who was a hot mess in every way. I think Dayton's cut was warranted, but I also think they tried to shield VK favoritism claims by coming down hard on Dayton. Regardless, long story short, just don't focus on the legacies, and then there's no need to pretend like there's no nepotism, and thus, there won't be so much to discuss and pick apart. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Considering all that's been said about Cassie and what she's done during her time as a DCC, I wouldn't compare it to what Jenna's done.

Ok cool, I like Jenna. I dont want her in that same boat at all. 

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Muckypup61 said:

Now we're talking.  Having grown up an Air Force brat, I concur.  We had a visit from the Thunderbirds while my family was stationed at Vandenberg and some were pretty damn sexy!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

She will definitely need to figure it out. 

YSL Babydoll.  HG mascara.  It's not waterproof, but it won't budge unless you rub your eyes.  Makes lashes look about 4x longer than they really are.  Also, possibly unrelated, but I wonder sometimes about the ultra-heavy false lashes many of the girls wear - I really like the more natural look many of the girls have, and I also remember specifically when Alexandria was called out about them.  There are some girls who rock the hell out of false lashes (I'm guessing Miranda wears them sometimes - either that, or I need her mascara application skills, cause she looks absolutely gorgeous), but there are so many times where they just look very odd.

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Ahhhh... the good ol' days when we had "insiders" on here--before they all got ran off.   smh

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Showing my military ignorance, who flies from aircraft carriers?  Let's just say...the last air show I went to?  Yeah, I'll take one of them :)

3 hours ago, raindancer said:

YSL Babydoll.  HG mascara.  It's not waterproof, but it won't budge unless you rub your eyes.

Also...Lancome Monsieur Big.  I'm a crier...I don't buy the waterproof one, and it does not budge!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Showing my military ignorance, who flies from aircraft carriers?  Let's just say...the last air show I went to?  Yeah, I'll take one of them :)

That would be U.S. Navy pilots. There is occasionally an exchange Air Force pilot but traditionally, carriers are handled by Navy and Marine pilots.  And yes, many are hawt! :)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I thought so too when I first saw the ad

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Not sure but I hope not.  She hasn't posted in a long time.

There are some who only post when the show is on, and Shelly usually posted when asked a question or when explaining/defending.  If the show comes back next season, it will be interesting to see who joins our little forum:/

• Love 1
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought so too when I first saw the ad

There are some who only post when the show is on, and Shelly usually posted when asked a question or when explaining/defending.  If the show comes back next season, it will be interesting to see who joins our little forum:/

I'll get my scrapbooking materials out and start designing an invite for Kelli F. I'd kill to have her in here. 

49 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I wonder if she'll be talking to any of the current DCC at the game or while they're in town?  

If the current DCCs are smart, then I'd say no. 

30 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'll get my scrapbooking materials out and start designing an invite for Kelli F. I'd kill to have her in here. 

If the current DCCs are smart, then I'd say no. 

If you get Kelli to join in, I'm in. I'll make margies and nachos for everyone.

On Holly P's IG story right now, someone sitting with her is booing the Cowboys as they make their entrance saying "Boo!  Boo!  Right Holly?!"

21 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Maggie’s insta is back and I’m so happy! She retired too soon :/

Yay.  She has always made me laugh!

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

If you get Kelli to join in, I'mm . make margies and nachos for everyone.

On Holly P's IG story right now, someone sitting with her is booing the Cowboys as they make their entrance saying "Boo!  Boo!  Right Holly?!"

Yay.  She has always made me laugh!

I was not expecting that!

Anyone know what she is doing there? She's not with the Rams cheerleaders but girl is on the field...that's not typical. 

24 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I was not expecting that!

Anyone know what she is doing there? She's not with the Rams cheerleaders but girl is on the field...that's not typical. 

Me either and no clue on her all access pass onto the field.  She just added this shot too.  Very interesting!

hollymariepowell_12_1_2019_17_28_59_981 V2.jpg

Edited by go4luca
20 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Me either and no clue on her all access pass onto the field.  She just added this shot too.  Very interesting!

hollymariepowell_12_1_2019_17_28_59_981 V2.jpg

Uh she probably still has connects in the NFL...its not like you just bounce after a job like that and dont bring numbers/contacts 

13 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, honestly the lesson from the Cassie/VK/Dayton stuff is that if you really are not going to treat them like the other girls, which they clearly have no intention of doing so, then stop featuring them so much, especially if they really aren't top notch. I remember there was a reality show on the Dunbar High School cheerleading  team years ago, and the coach's daughter was on the team. She legit was the best cheerleader on that team - best tumbling technique, best flyer, good showmanship, etc, so nobody cared that she was upfront all the time and featured a lot. I remember discussing the show over on TWOP, and that girl (don't remember her name) was like the board favorite. But don't try and sell us bs, and pretend like we don't see it. The DCCs/CMT did it with Cassie, who was mediocre at best, and then to a greater degree with VK, who was a hot mess in every way. I think Dayton's cut was warranted, but I also think they tried to shield VK favoritism claims by coming down hard on Dayton. Regardless, long story short, just don't focus on the legacies, and then there's no need to pretend like there's no nepotism, and thus, there won't be so much to discuss and pick apart. 

The biggest favour they can do VK next season is to ignore her. Don't see it happening, but she would fare so much better flying way under the radar.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, go4luca said:

Sigh.  I miss those days.  I also miss @ShellyB.  :-/

me too!!!  Also missing @LaurenBrook, DalGal, John Galt, Quite Contrary Moni, JC137, and so many other lovely people that I haven't seen in so long.  I'm hoping everyone is doing well, and that they come back in and say hello soon, I miss them all.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

If she's not here already.  Hmmmm :) . For the record, I have no information as to whether or not she's here, but you never know!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Uh she probably still has connects in the NFL...its not like you just bounce after a job like that and dont bring numbers/contacts 

I could be wrong, but I assume she's burned a few bridges along the way.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I could be wrong, but I assume she's burned a few bridges along the way.

Burnt bridges wouldn't surprise me.  Not towards you @ByTor, but the whole point of my original comment had to do with her past connection with said person and what all went down afterwards.

• Love 2
On 2019-01-11 at 12:10 PM, Loves2Dance said:

If I knew nothing about Kelli other than the situation with Jenna, I may reach my toe into this reality and give her the benefit of the doubt. However, Kelli's management of the team has been questionable since season 1. The person who called her the ultimate mom-ager is absolutely spot on. I have no doubt that she is smart and capable, but her tactics, games and mind tricks have been her signature the entire time. And this is opinion was formed long before VK came through the door, but I do think the VK situation showed the brightest light on her inability to separate personal from business. 

Agreed.  I also think Kelli will call VK into the office during the first week of training in camp to give her a lecture a out how last years crap won’t be tolerated this year and that the expectations for VK are even higher this year. The cameras will be rolling for this meeting so that the appearance of impartiality can be cultivated. JMHO. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, MamaV said:

Agreed.  I also think Kelli will call VK into the office during the first week of training in camp to give her a lecture a out how last years crap won’t be tolerated this year and that the expectations for VK are even higher this year. The cameras will be rolling for this meeting so that the appearance of impartiality can be cultivated. JMHO. 

Don't give her any ideas. I still can't get over the insider who shared with us that she was shocked that the fans didn't immediately fall in love with her. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, MamaV said:

3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Don't give her any ideas. I still can't get over the insider who shared with us that she was shocked that the fans didn't immediately fall in love with her. 

29 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'd rather have Scott (the weatherman), Jinelle and Judy call Kelli into the office and give her a lecture on how last year's crap won't be tolerated.

I wish Victoria wouldn't try out again until she's spent some time on her own making her own way and got some life experience that her parents didn't buy for her, but that likely won't happen for a while and well after her DCC days (if they ever happen) are over.  Then again, she might be like Tina whose whole world seems to revolve around family (not a bad thing by any means) and the DCC.  As for the rest of it, I REALLY hope that Kelli's learned enough to at least step out of the room during deliberations at Semis and at Finals (if Victoria makes it that far) and take Charlotte with her because that's the only way we have any hope of an honest judging for her.  I'll shut up for now on Victoria.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I wish Victoria wouldn't try out again until she's spent some time on her own making her own way and got some life experience that her parents didn't buy for her, but that likely won't happen for a while and well after her DCC days (if they ever happen) are over.  Then again, she might be like Tina whose whole world seems to revolve around family (not a bad thing by any means) and the DCC.  As for the rest of it, I REALLY hope that Kelli's learned enough to at least step out of the room during deliberations at Semis and at Finals (if Victoria makes it that far) and take Charlotte with her because that's the only way we have any hope of an honest judging for her.  I'll shut up for now on Victoria.

I agree that VK needs to get some life experience away from her parents, but I think the people around her need to be honest with her first.  There seems to be an acceptance of things she says and does which isn't helping.  

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I agree that VK needs to get some life experience away from her parents, but I think the people around her need to be honest with her first.  There seems to be an acceptance of things she says and does which isn't helping.  

I agree. As much as I dislike Victoria, the reality is, the girl is just a product of the environment she's been raised in. It's like she's been conditioned to think some of the stuff she does and says is 'cute' when in reality, it's reeks of immaturity. I hope she grows up, I champion that and that alone. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's so nice to see you again!  Hope you had a nice holiday.  Wasn't expecting to see you on the board until the show started or until after your many cruises:)

Was closing pages on my phone and noticed this was still open at the top. Had to take a peek! 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Was closing pages on my phone and noticed this was still open at the top. Had to take a peek! 

Well, we miss your insight and opinions on the board.  Hope Dayton is still having a blast.  You weren't going to see her until the ship came to Europe, right?

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, we miss your insight and opinions on the board.  Hope Dayton is still having a blast.  You weren't going to see her until the ship came to Europe, right?

Correct...when they sail through the Med! 

Barely went through some of the posts, but good golly, it reminds me of the Telephone game! Lots of crossed wires, stories, eyes and fingers! Happy to give insight whenever asked! 

• Love 9
On 1/12/2019 at 12:20 AM, 8dallas said:

It reminded me of a clown. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, sugarplum said:

@ShellyB Good to see you back! Did the DCC go on a USO tour this year? I don’t remember seeing anything about one, but I’ve been offline a lot through the holidays so very easily could have missed it. 

Been preoccupied with the holidays and living vicariously through Dayton! 

No USO Tour or visits to US Bases...that was last year. 

• Love 6