Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well regarding Holly... even if that gig doesn’t bring her any new gigs, it still helps paying the rent. She doesn’t have to only take one in a lifetime opportunities, she just needs to work.

Say what we want about Holly, she's definitely getting hired for jobs, and isn't the primary point of jobs to get paid?

• Love 18
6 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Say what we want about Holly, she's definitely getting hired for jobs, and isn't the primary point of jobs to get paid?

Yeah. I’m still a big Holly fan and I wish her well.

• Love 9

Hi, forum admin here. I have to clean up the old thread due to DMCA removal requests. Since it was at 500 pages, I figured I'd just start a new version of it here while I work on sorting that out. If you are posting things from social media, it's best to embed those posts (e.g. paste in the Twitter or FB link and after a space or return, the system here will embed that Tweet/FB Post) from the source -- that's what those share buttons are for and its easy for everyone to track back. Ok thanks.

I'll move the last few posts in here for continuity.

11 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Considering her career choice, the competition and where she is currently living, I would say she has to take what she can get.  She's making connections, getting her name out there, learning more with every job, having fun and yes, getting paid:)  

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Is it me or is that performance extremely flat? They seem to have no energy to such an energetic song! (Sorry, @ByTor)

LOL no worries.  When it comes to Megan, take me with a giant grain of salt, she can do no wrong AFAIC :)

ETA: Oh, and you can add Brennan and Meredith Oden to that list!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, cgloss said:

Is it me or is that performance extremely flat? They seem to have no energy to such an energetic song! (Sorry, @ByTor)

I compare every squad to the DCC, which isn't fair I know, but yes to me they need more pop and some of Gina's extra little moves that create interest.  However, it is Megan's first year and she may be moving in slowly, not stepping on toes before she changes anything.  I'm glad she found something she likes, but I wish she could have stayed on the squad longer.

1 hour ago, Erinbridget said:

Raylee is going to be a Disney Cruise Line performer! I go on Disney cruises all of the time and depending on what ship she's going to be performing on, I hope she will be performing on my next cruise. I'm so excited for her!

I'm happy for her as well.  It's great to see the opportunities these gals are getting.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, ByTor said:

LOL no worries.  When it comes to Megan, take me with a giant grain of salt, she can do no wrong AFAIC :)

ETA: Oh, and you can add Brennan and Meredith Oden to that list!

I'm with you on that !! Love all three :) 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

LOL interesting how tastes differ, I always liked Raylee, but after hearing her sing I'm pretty surprised she got the part.

OMG YES. Love Raylee, think she's had the best body out of any of them in years, beautiful, good dancer, they did her wrong, BUT girl, find your key. I love her but would not have posted that rehearsal myself until it was polished more. Please, Raylee, post again when it's finished. 

I will say it is dumb that the Princesses in the parks like NEVER sing, and prob won't on a crusie ship, but every single character for Disney, even if you're Winnie the poo or somebody who doesn't even talk, has to be able to sing and dance.  

Also - Meagan C's team - I think they're pretty good. It's college, not Pro sports and they're clean. PRob on a freezing wet field too with extra layers that makes it harder to POP.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I love her but would not have posted that rehearsal myself until it was polished more. Please, Raylee, post again when it's finished. 

Unfortunately, I think that was her polished version and the reason why she posted it :(

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

OMG YES. Love Raylee, think she's had the best body out of any of them in years, beautiful, good dancer, they did her wrong, BUT girl, find your key. I love her but would not have posted that rehearsal myself until it was polished more. Please, Raylee, post again when it's finished. 

I will say it is dumb that the Princesses in the parks like NEVER sing, and prob won't on a crusie ship, but every single character for Disney, even if you're Winnie the poo or somebody who doesn't even talk, has to be able to sing and dance.  

Also - Meagan C's team - I think they're pretty good. It's college, not Pro sports and they're clean. PRob on a freezing wet field too with extra layers that makes it harder to POP.

I'm indifferent to Raylee, but yikes girl. She has a lovely singing voice, but that performance was a little pitchy.

I follow a girl on youtube who was "friends" with Ariel in the parks, but she did fur characters too. So in auditions they learn a dance combo first and then they have like 3 cuts. You know you've made it when you get fitted. They don't usually sing in auditions unless it calls for a singing audition.

Edited by nittanyvolleyball
  • Love 2

Watched "Daughters of the Sexual Revolution: The Untold Story of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" on Amazon last night. Very good documentary! Saw glimpses of Judy T. in the film. I would highly recommend watching it, if you haven't already.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, abracadabra said:

What is the oldest any DCC has been age wise?

I’d like to know the oldest rookie age in recent years. I’m 25 currently but want to give myself at least 2 years to prep before auditioning! I’d be 28 by the time auditions were! 

• Love 3
On 11/14/2018 at 7:21 PM, Erinbridget said:

Raylee is going to be a Disney Cruise Line performer! I go on Disney cruises all of the time and depending on what ship she's going to be performing on, I hope she will be performing on my next cruise. I'm so excited for her!

She is so pretty to me!

On 11/15/2018 at 7:56 AM, UnicornKicks said:

Agree,

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

image.png.5516c5d5d636b2cbe8483fee4f8e6566.png

I don't blame her for being offended (although TBH I was never wowed by her dancing), but she could have kept it classy by leaving out the "you little troll" part.

I loved it. I don't think she needed to be any classier than she was. Who does she need to impress? I think she handled it fine!

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

She is so pretty to me!

Agree,

I loved it. I don't think she needed to be any classier than she was. Who does she need to impress? I think she handled it fine!

Nobody, but I don't think that people should behave in a classy manner in order to impress somebody.  I just find it classless to respond to rudeness with rudeness and sarcasm, whether it's everyday life, social media, message boards, etc...

• Love 3
On 11/14/2018 at 5:28 PM, Cowboysfan16 said:

I believe someone somewhere on this forum was not sure about Yuko’s job/classes she usually teaches, here it is.. adorable! 

Also, I miss Simone! 

That routine is very cute with the kids. Thanks for posting this.

• Love 2
On 11/15/2018 at 11:15 AM, Muckypup61 said:

Watched "Daughters of the Sexual Revolution: The Untold Story of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" on Amazon last night. Very good documentary! Saw glimpses of Judy T. in the film. I would highly recommend watching it, if you haven't already.

Thank you! For awhile now, I've been checking websites to see when this would be released on Amazon, et al, but hadn't looked in awhile. As soon as I read your comment, I went directly to Amazon to get it!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, rose711 said:

That routine is very cute with the kids. Thanks for posting this.

I've always wondered, does being a former/current DCC get more students to their classes?  With all the dance studios/teachers, etc, how do you choose?

11 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

Wow was this posted?  Michelle Keys is moving to Oahu Hawaii after the wedding next week?  She has a fund to donate too in her wedding page for the move.  Going to miss her class videos

Uhm, wow, can I start a fund to move to Hawaii, too? Or maybe just a vacation. SMH

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Harrythecat said:

Wow was this posted?  Michelle Keys is moving to Oahu Hawaii after the wedding next week?  She has a fund to donate too in her wedding page for the move.  Going to miss her class videos

I posted it awhile ago, but it was in the Finals thread.  Why does everyone have to have a fund for everything?  If you are planning on moving somewhere, wouldn't you have the money to do it?  If it's for a job, wouldn't the company help out?  Maybe her bridesmaids should have taken the money they used for the bachelorette party in Scottsdale and donated it to her instead.

So, let's talk replacement - Erica, Mary, Melissa W????  

• Love 12
52 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I posted it awhile ago, but it was in the Finals thread.  Why does everyone have to have a fund for everything?  If you are planning on moving somewhere, wouldn't you have the money to do it?  If it's for a job, wouldn't the company help out?  Maybe her bridesmaids should have taken the money they used for the bachelorette party in Scottsdale and donated it to her instead.

I think they meant the fund donation for moving would be in lieu of wedding gifts but who knows. It would definitely be better to get cash then more stuff to move.

I wonder what she has planned in Hawaii. I’ve always liked seeing her on the show.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Replacement for what?

4 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Replacement for what?

Michelle was teaching those power dance classes at Kitty's and providing choreo to the DCC.  I was thinking of someone to teach the classes.  I'm sure there are a lot of alumni who can choreo routines for the DCC.

4 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

???Really????

4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

If the choices are those 3, I wouldn't mind Melissa W., especially if that means we get to see her on the show again ;).
And has all the drama with Erica cleared up? I read a while back on the forum (I don't remember which thread) that she settled her lawsuit, correct? If not, wouldn't that be a bit awkward?

3 minutes ago, Lona said:

If the choices are those 3, I wouldn't mind Melissa W., especially if that means we get to see her on the show again ;).
And has all the drama with Erica cleared up? I read a while back on the forum (I don't remember which thread) that she settled her lawsuit, correct? If not, wouldn't that be a bit awkward?

If Erica just took over the classes Michelle did at Kitty's studio, it should be fine.  But I forgot that Erica teaches at another studio and that could be a problem:)  I was trying to think of a former DCC that was also a good choreographer.  Now Brooke would be a good choice.  She could just come in once in awhile. We may also see more Stephanie Di Biase or even Sarah G.  I wonder if Kitty does plan on bringing in another teacher for prep classes/power class.  Danielle fills in for Jenn K's classes.  She was teaching a weekly class until she started working at the Rise studio.  Melissa W did fill in for Jenn K a couple of weeks ago.  She did a routine to "Coldhearted Snake" which I would have loved to have seen.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

I was scrolling through my Instagram and saw our own Judy Trammell on my feed (I follow Dalton since he writes about Survivor, my other TV obsession). Her hair has always been amazing:

62EFC33E-492F-46A7-8336-79B5E820DBC9.jpeg

Judy looks so adorable. What a cute smile she has even if young Dalton Ross was unhappy.

Any idea who could be with her in the photo? She has a winning smile too.

• Love 2

Young Judy looks cute like Maddie looks cute now.  Neither were/are glam girls.  I can't figure out why so many people don't think Maddie has the "DCC look" when obviously based on Judy, a variety of looks were accepted.  Cute and adorable works just fine for most guys I know.

• Love 24
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

We may also see more Stephanie Di Biase or even Sarah G. 

Don't we have confirmation that Amy is retiring?  Since Sarah teaches at Amy's studio, maybe they'll both do it.

2 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Jenn Amburn posted an insta story kinda shaming other people's wedding dress choices due to color and style. The comment about "white means pure" made me roll my eyes.

lol did you see the Alum Mavs dancer dress? Positive that was what the comment was about

• Love 1
19 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Uhm, wow, can I start a fund to move to Hawaii, too? Or maybe just a vacation. SMH

Exactly....someone fund my move to an exotic island as well please ....sheesh ...another reason I never cared for Michelle Keys.  If you can't afford to move there, then maybe you shouldn't. JMO

8 hours ago, Leia1021 said:

Young Judy looks cute like Maddie looks cute now.  Neither were/are glam girls.  I can't figure out why so many people don't think Maddie has the "DCC look" when obviously based on Judy, a variety of looks were accepted.  Cute and adorable works just fine for most guys I know.

exactly!! :) 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Jenn Amburn posted an insta story kinda shaming other people's wedding dress choices due to color and style. The comment about "white means pure" made me roll my eyes.

I don't have an issue with anyone disagreeing with someone else's choices. I don't think that's necessarily "shaming" anyone. However, vague-posting like that is one of the things that I hate about the internet, since it's often done deliberately to allow for plausible deniability if you ever get called out. Was Jenn shading that particular bride? Or did she just finish binge watching 8 episodes of Say Yes to the Dress and had more than her fill of those Pnina Tornai stripper fairy dresses?

Either way, there isn't a bride in this planet who exists outside of Jenn's immediate circle who gives a crap what she thinks about wedding gowns.

For the record, I think that dress is in really poor taste. If someone I cared about told me she was thinking about buying that dress, I'd tell her exactly what I think about it.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Leia1021 said:

Maddie isn’t cute to me. She’s never been and she’s not improving. She doesn’t belong in the front if they care about showcasing beautiful girls. I guess they don’t.

Judy is 1000 times prettier than Maddie. Even now she’s much better looking.

Im talking about looks for the team, not looks that are good for most guys. It’s a very superficial standard. 

12 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Does she live in the 1940s? That sounds like something my grandmother would say and my mom would give her a dirty look for saying it.

i get that dress isn’t most peoples cup of tea but the idea that brides had to be virgins is pretty old fashioned and probably wasn’t even true back then.At least in most of the US it is, I understand different cultures have different ideas, but that “white wedding dress means you’re a virgin”  is pretty much an old white middle America meme.

Edited by rose711
Fixed I’ve to give
  • Love 8