Type keyword(s) to search

What's to Come for You? /Non-book Unspoilered Speculation

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

A spot to speculate (without spoilers or book talk please!) about the next season of You!

If you do reference any outside source (book or spoiler), please use spoiler tags; posts that do not will be removed but anything more than a quick mention should go in the book/spoiler thread. Thanks!

All I can say is that I miss this show already.  If Candace is still alive, why hasn't she gone to the cops yet? And speaking of cops, they were still looking into Peach's death without any resolution at the end of the season, so that has to come back to bite Joe in the ass at some point. This show was already renewed for a second season before the first season ended, so I guess it was safe to end with cliffhangers and unresolved plot points.

Spoiler

I guess these are enough reasons for Joe to head to the West Coast, even without Amy Adam. But who knows if they're going to use any of book 2 for season 2.

Edited by NeenerNeener

I wouldn't be surprised if the second season veered away from the book(s) and the show became its own thing. That seems to happen quite a bit with these kinds of projects. That way, if season two does well, the source material doesn't have to continue to keep the show going.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, kj4ever said:

I can't imagine where they are going to take it, but I know one thing - I can't stand a season of that actress calling him bunny...

I can't imagine a guy enjoying a pet name such as that...i know that whenever I've *jokingly* called my guy something too "cutesy" he shot me down!!  (my guy, of course, is not an insane psychopath, so mileage may vary...)

I would kind of love it if it's revealed that Candace is actually a sociopath herself, which is how she was able to survive whatever it was that happened between her and Joe.

I also want a throwaway bit about Beck's father going into relapse and it destroying his current family. I kind of just want the smugness of Emily Bergl and her awful daughter to be wiped away a bit.

• Love 2

By the way the PI was looking at the car, I think that’s what will eventually trip Joe up. How is he so crafty yet hasn’t yet traded in a bright-red classic car for a 10 year old silver Accord or something? Duh.

• Love 1
On 1/15/2019 at 1:31 PM, MCMLXXVII said:

By the way the PI was looking at the car, I think that’s what will eventually trip Joe up. How is he so crafty yet hasn’t yet traded in a bright-red classic car for a 10 year old silver Accord or something? Duh.

I was wondering this too but maybe he considers it a trophy like all of the stuff he took from Beck or Benji's watch. I have a feeling that Mooney was put into his current state by Joe and that it wasn't just a stroke.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Trumpetcrumpets said:

I was wondering this too but maybe he considers it a trophy like all of the stuff he took from Beck or Benji's watch. I have a feeling that Mooney was put into his current state by Joe and that it wasn't just a stroke.

Oooh, interesting! Now I’m curious to see more flashbacks of Joe’s family/foster family and how he got to meet Mooney in the first place. Mooney’s old enough to be Joe’s grandpa, so I wonder if there’s like a 45 year old Gen X edition “Joe” out there (or in jail)?

• Love 1
On 1/23/2019 at 8:13 PM, MCMLXXVII said:

Oooh, interesting! Now I’m curious to see more flashbacks of Joe’s family/foster family and how he got to meet Mooney in the first place. Mooney’s old enough to be Joe’s grandpa, so I wonder if there’s like a 45 year old Gen X edition “Joe” out there (or in jail)?

His relationship with Mooney is so bizarre lol. Like during the first flashback when Mooney locked him in the glass room I thought that the reason Joe was so screwed up was because Mooney was abusive. But then the last flashback where he basically tells Joe "I know what you are" was really interesting. Did Joe do something when he was a teen as well for Mooney to recognize the signs of I guess a sociopath is what Joe is?

• Love 2
On 1/23/2019 at 8:13 PM, MCMLXXVII said:

If there is, he needs to be played by Mark Ruffalo and make my life complete.

• Love 3

I wonder if the neighbor woman at the end is his mother. Do we know if she's still alive? It would be crazy if she relocated to LA remarried, and Love tracked her down and bought the house next door. That would be very Love Quinn-Goldberg.

• Useful 3