Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Tagumo Attacks!!!

• Start Topic

I bet AT is a lot cheaper than some of the SFX stuff if we had more suiting up. The show has been trending away from having them suit up a lot since the first season. And also (kinda) trending away from being a superhero show which I guess was partly a budget decision but partly just how the show evolved to be different from a 2nd rate Justice League that it was sort of billed as at first. Thank Goodness. 

I think a lot of the budget is going on the creatures which are this year's theme. I liked how Tagumo looked. Not remotely real but pretty good for a magical monster who came out of Ishiro's nightmares. 

I do think Gary is better in small doses, same as Constantine, but I don't mind him hanging around as the goober. I'm just a little apprehensive about how Mona is going to fit in in all of this. She was kind of just there for me but could go either way. Once the Bureau and Legends plots start to collide a bit more it should be interesting for her. 

• Love 7

A little Gary goes a long way but I like him. For now. I am concerned about Mona. I think they are setting her up to be the adorkable Felicia Day character that makes me - and thousands of others - want to throw a brick through the tv. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Goldmoon said:

A little Gary goes a long way but I like him. For now. I am concerned about Mona. I think they are setting her up to be the adorkable Felicia Day character that makes me - and thousands of others - want to throw a brick through the tv. 

Yeah, I don’t have a problem with Gary, yet, although I reserve the right to change my mind. Lol.  That actually surprises me, come to think of it, because usually characters like him drive me nuts.  But so far they haven’t overused him, at least for me.  Obviously mileage will vary. 😄

Ugh, Felicia Day.  I still have a lot of feelings about the last season of Eureka.  Mona....it depends.  For now, I like her, but I could see how it could easily become too much.  I’m still wondering, though, if she’s exactly what she appears to be.  I’m waiting for some sort of twist, tbh.  

• Love 2

Starfish - FD absolutely trashed Eureka from season 4.5 onward. I have no idea why the powers that be think characters like that are awesome. NCIS:LA was pretty good in its first year but in season two they brought in Nell. Nell would not stop chattering, knew how to do Eric's job better than he, and was too perfect for words. I put up with her for about two episodes and couldn't stand it any longer. I hope you are right about Mona being more than she appears. I have no patience for Mary Sues.

• Love 2

I think what makes Gary work for me is his earnestness and his sincerity. He's not trying to outdo anyone or steal the limelight or anything selfish - he just wants to do his job well and be one of the cool kids. Sometimes he comes close to succeeding, sometimes... not so much. But there's something almost endearing about him that makes him work for me even when he really shouldn't. If that makes sense.

• Love 9

Mona I think there's got to be some kind of revelation or twist. There's no reason to make the character a regular otherwise. Her knowledge isn't because she's a cute "quirky" girl but either a fugitive herself or maybe even working with the villain one way or another. 

I think AT does a lot in making Gary work. As does his evolving Time Bro partnership with Nate.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

The actress who plays Mona must have fun. This show AND Z Nation? That sounds like fun times to me.

She also played a zombie in Santa Clarita Diet. She seems to like the supernatural stuff. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

She also played a zombie in Santa Clarita Diet. She seems to like the supernatural stuff. 

I like Mona.  She seems a bit like girl Gary with the over-enthusiastic attitude.  It might have been fun to channel a bit of Ramona from The Santa Clarita Diet.

Gary: "We're in charge of... times zones and-"

Mona: "You're in charge of monitoring and correcting problems in the timeline.  I know.  I'm the Food Girl.  I go everywhere and hear everything because I'm basically walking furniture.  I know what really killed JFK, who the aliens were at Roswell and that Seal Team 6 killed an Osama lookalike because the real one was killed by the President's vampire ten days after 9/11.  I know what you do.  I just don't care.  Now do you guys need extra mayo or not?"

• Love 3
On 11/22/2018 at 11:20 AM, Goldmoon said:

I couldn’t figure out what was bothering me about the Mona character, but this is it.

Just did a rewatch and the Charlie/Zari tension is...something. Last thing I need is another crackship but here we are. Also, since when is it common knowledge that Ava is a clone? Last season Ray indicated that he was going to erase Gary’s memory of the trip to the future, so I thought Ray and Sara were the only ones who knew the truth. When did this change?

2 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

When did this change?

Maybe between seasons Ava simply decided that she was okay with it and to own it.  To be honest I haven't noticed many references to it except in the camp episode and that was pretty much between Ava and Sara.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, johntfs said:

To be honest I haven't noticed many references to it except in the camp episode and that was pretty much between Ava and Sara.

She talked about her parents being actors to Nate in this episode, while they were at the Heywood house, and he accepted it as if it was a known fact.

Edited by Starfish35

Nate looked a little taken aback when Ava said her parents were actors.  He could've thought that Ava meant that her parents are actors for their profession, not that they were paid to pretend to be her parents.  

Honda wasn't ever in Hiroshima, but did have some traumatic experiences in WW2.  Very interesting biography!

On 11/21/2018 at 6:15 PM, owenthurman said:

The three-breasted woman has become a metatrope; it's not just referring to three-breasted women but also to every prior appearance of the image. Check "Multiboobage" on tvtropes for many more examples.

First thing I thought of was :the Triple-Breasted Whore of Eroticon 5" from HHGTTG

• Love 2