Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: Thanksgiving Redemption

Four former Boot Camp recruits return for Thanksgiving Redemption. The much-improved recruits team up to make a Thanksgiving feast.

Did anyone else watch this? I've just started it and so far, they are highlighting the annoying contestants. At least Tyler is back and we don't have to deal with Irvine again.

I watched it. Was it a special, or the start of a new season? At any rate, there is no new ground broken on this episode. If you like this goofy show, watch it. If you don't, this won't change your mind. I like to watch it with my kids because it's light. 

I question the "much-improved" parts about the recruits, but that's the point of the whole show, isn't it? 

Edited by Superclam
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I watched it. Was it a special, or the start of a new season? At any rate, there is no new ground broken on this episode. If you like this goofy show, watch it. If you don't, this won't change your mind. 

I wasn't sure. It was formatted more like a finale episode of the regular season but numbered like the start of a new season. It looks like a standalone, though they are airing another unrelated new episode in another new format later this week.

1 minute ago, jcbrown said:

they are airing another unrelated new episode in another new format later this week.

Are they? Do you know what day? I only saw this one because it's on my DVR list. 

Also, I totally agree about Tyler Florence over Irvine. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Are they? Do you know what day? I only saw this one because it's on my DVR list. 

Also, I totally agree about Tyler Florence over Irvine. 

My TiVo shows it Thursday at 7:30 and it sounds like Anne and Tyler go to someone's house and show them how to make Thanksgiving dinner.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

My TiVo shows it Thursday at 7:30 and it sounds like Anne and Tyler go to someone's house and show them how to make Thanksgiving dinner.

I think that's a rerun from 2 years ago.   They just showed it yesterday afternoon.

• Love 1

I watched it and wondered how they selected those four.  Three actually.  I can guess why Asaf (Asif?) was back.  I barely remembered Leo but recalled the two women much too well.  The blond one is beyond ridiculous - even for Worst Cooks.  The "princess" doesn't bother me quite so much.  

Anyway, I have no idea why the women won.  I thought the men were the clear winners.  And wasn't it interesting that Anne and Tyler just happened to pick both contestants of the opposite sex from themselves?

• Love 2

I watched this episode, and was very ticked to see the blonde haired contestant back.     She comes from a family of restaurateurs, and is a voice over artist, so I really doubt her lack of skills on the original series, and in this episode too.     I hate it when I find out that the contestants have actually been on a lot of TV before.  I liked the men's dishes a lot better, and really doubt the women's food was that much better.   

• Love 2