Type keyword(s) to search

FYI: This Just In: Murphy Brown in the Media

14 hours ago, willowk said:

Yikes you're right, its been renewed. Also Fresh off the Boat, not a terrible show, but really basic and not funny. I was an opportunistic watcher for a bit given its time slot and it was just meh.

My husband, who was a fan of LMS said he couldn't believe it got renewed and MB did not.  He said this past season for LMS was horrible, but they have a large and very vocal fan base, so that pretty much guaranteed their renewal.

• Love 2
On 5/13/2019 at 3:24 PM, langford peel said:

I think it was called “Beat the Press.”

It was really bad. Something out of a high school production. 

No that insults high schoolers. 

But I must admit Ms. English’s reputed talent has always s escaped me.

That episode was pretty bad. Worst of the season, in my opinion.  With the cuts to real life clips interspersed and very sloppily done, it was unfortunate.

On 5/11/2019 at 1:59 PM, UYI said:

Now if ONLY we could get the rest of the original series on DVD, or at LEAST on a streaming platform somewhere!

That would be wonderful, but will probably not happen unless Shout! Factory decides to do it. 

On 5/11/2019 at 3:44 PM, Bastet said:

That's never going to happen without replacement music, and this is a show I have no interest in watching with replacement music.  The music was a character in its own right, and having less of it in the revival was noticeable. 

On 5/11/2019 at 4:38 PM, UYI said:

It took so long for The Wonder Years to be released because of the music too, but eventually it worked because they were able to secure enough of it (including the theme song, which IMO was key because the sound-alike used on Netflix was NOT the same) that, while I can think of at least TWO songs that were replaced that I miss, enough of it was the same that it wound up being worth the wait. 

The optimist in me wants to think that will happen with this show someday, even though it probably won't. I'll hanging on to my copy of the first season VERY tightly either way. 😞 

However, Shout! Factory/TimeLife has a history of doing just that: Freaks and GeeksChina BeachThe Wonder Years, and other series as well. 

I wish we had slightly more closure to Avery's story, like ending with a job offer from another news outlet (cable, print, or digital media). 

1 hour ago, TV 3D said:

I also loved Jake’s story about Candice. I laughed out loud!

Me too!  It's like something right out of the show:

Says Jake McDorman, who plays Murphy's reporter son, of Bergen: "She's hilarious. The first time I tried to get her cellphone number, she gave me her house number. I was sending text messages to it so I could show her pictures of my cat."

Also out of my own life, as that happens to me occasionally -- I hardly ever use my cell phone, and very few people have that number; what I primarily give out is my office or home number (depending on whether it's professional or personal, obviously).  Every once in a while I get someone who assumes every number is a cell phone number, and the "I tried texting you" conversation ensues.

• Love 3

Aw, what a nice article :). Thanks for sharing. The pictures are lovely-I especially like the framed one with Murphy and Avery together. That's sweet. I'm glad the cast had such a good time together.

Sigh. Now I'm even more sad the show's not coming back. 

• Love 2