Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Easter Wives Hunt

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Danielle's reaction to Margaret going to an event Dolores planned was too much. They are on a show, they will interact. Danielle doesn't have a problem that she became friends with Teresa who was already friends with Dolores. Danielle also gets along with Melissa and doesn't have a problem with Melissa getting along with Dolores.

I felt like that was super-staged.  um, why are you going to the party?  b/c it's my job?

I hate staged.

• Love 12

Facially something is off with both Jennifer and the husband.

I suppose they both had some traditional plastic surgery.

Don't quite understand Jennifer's backstory. She said she was going into an arranged marriage with someone else but didn't like her parent's choice. So did they opt out of the arrangement or did she just mean her parents were setting her up to go on dates with prospective husbands.

Why is she claiming that she had that basketball court built for them - looks like they just bought an NBA players old house.

• Love 4

I think that Teresa is conflating two related but different issues. I think that she wants Joe to share some of the responsibility for caring for their father, which he absolutely should. But she's also saying that Joe should want to spend time with their dad, which he isn't required to do. If Teresa could separate those things, then she could solve the first issue by coming up with a visitation/call schedule. But she is never going to be able to fix the latter, because it has nothing to do with her. Teresa is also shouldering the emotional responsibility for her dad's feelings, which is why she's acting as her dad's soldier in this fight. If Nonno's feelings are hurt by Joe not visiting, then that's between Nonno and Joe, not Teresa (even though I recognize that men often have issues acknowledging and expressing feelings). Because she's doing that, she's resorting to counterproductive methods, such as bringing up a sensitive issue at the dinner table in front of everyone, which is something designed to back Joe into a corner and essentially force him to comply, rather than find a resolution that he feels comfortable with. 

• Love 22
16 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Facially something is off with both Jennifer and the husband.

I suppose they both had some traditional plastic surgery.

Don't quite understand Jennifer's backstory. She said she was going into an arranged marriage with someone else but didn't like her parent's choice. So did they opt out of the arrangement or did she just mean her parents were setting her up to go on dates with prospective husbands.

Why is she claiming that she had that basketball court built for them - looks like they just bought an NBA players old house.

I agree. Yes plastic surgeon make money.. but I didn't think they made NBA money. And if you have no interest, circle of friends or experience in the sport - just don't see asking a builder to do a custom court..

and there is more to the house.... like his and her toilet rooms  -b/c you both can be on the same "schedule" - her words not mine. :)

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-9/videos/tour-jennifer-aydins-sprawling-home

• Love 2

I've never liked Danielle so i'm firmly on Team Dolores in this situation. I have no issues with anything she said if only because Danielle has actively gone out of her way to make Dolores and Frank look bad.  I thought Margaret handled Danielle well though and I hope that was a lesson to her about who Danielle really is as a friend.  Maybe for Danielle, Margaret was on her side all last year and had no prior relationship with Dolores so that's how she justifies this as a betrayal but that is such an immature reaction, especially from someone who repeatedly says how much she has changed and how she is all "love and light."  I agree with Dolores, Danielle hasn't changed at all.  She seems like an exhausting friend who just wants everything on her terms and lashes out when she doesn't get her way.  That never bodes well for a long-term friendship--or relationship really which could explain a lot.   

• Love 9

I am not enjoying this season. I want Danielle to leave. She is just stirring up trouble. Marge should be able to go wherever she wants. Joe G is 100% wrong. He could pick up the phone once a week. When his father is gone he'll be crying his eyes out. Melissa should be siding with Tre on this one. Ax throwing doesn't interest me and I can't watch the Turkish husband and his outdated ideas. The other new wife seems fun but I'm sure that will change. Delores's story line is horrible. I believe her and Frank are together no matter what she says. Rant over.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Portae said:

I think that Teresa is conflating two related but different issues. I think that she wants Joe to share some of the responsibility for caring for their father, which he absolutely should. But she's also saying that Joe should want to spend time with their dad, which he isn't required to do. If Teresa could separate those things, then she could solve the first issue by coming up with a visitation/call schedule. But she is never going to be able to fix the latter, because it has nothing to do with her. Teresa is also shouldering the emotional responsibility for her dad's feelings, which is why she's acting as her dad's soldier in this fight. If Nonno's feelings are hurt by Joe not visiting, then that's between Nonno and Joe, not Teresa (even though I recognize that men often have issues acknowledging and expressing feelings). Because she's doing that, she's resorting to counterproductive methods, such as bringing up a sensitive issue at the dinner table in front of everyone, which is something designed to back Joe into a corner and essentially force him to comply, rather than find a resolution that he feels comfortable with. 

Nonno already brought up the subject in the kitchen directly to Joe's face - I don't think Teresa backed Joe into a corner.

Joe has always presented his relationship with his parents as very close. He's their angel of god. He has never expressed, I wish I had a closer relationship with my father but he is so critical of me and I can only take so much. On camera, when their mother died he said he was going to step up to the plate and take better care of their father and help Teresa and her kids - remember his one on one with Melania?

Joe has filmed plenty of scenes so far this season - no reason his father couldn't have been with him especially during that dinner at the Gorga's house with the kids where Melissa was waiting on all of them.

Joe could have diffused the situation by saying I'm sorry, I work a lot of hours, I'll try harder - that would have placated everyone. Instead the little bitch has to complain how he works such longs hours that he can't spare the time because no one else is going to pay his bills. I don't think anyone is telling him to slot 24 hours a week to spend with his dad - rather they are suggesting an hour a week or seven days of 5 minute calls to his dad. Don't his kids have activities such as gymnastics, dance, music lessons that the dad can attend or be invited to? How about doctor appointments Joe can take him to?

• Love 21

I can't help but think that if Joe Giudice wasn't locked up, Nonno wouldn't be bothered with whether or not he's seen/talked to his son. 

Looks like Danielle is working overtime to try and get the upgrade from "friend of" status. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I agree. Yes plastic surgeon make money.. but I didn't think they made NBA money. And if you have no interest, circle of friends or experience in the sport - just don't see asking a builder to do a custom court..

and there is more to the house.... like his and her toilet rooms  -b/c you both can be on the same "schedule" - her words not mine. :)

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-9/videos/tour-jennifer-aydins-sprawling-home

Exactly - none of them (her, the kids, the husband) have expressed being huge basketball fans - no need for a home court - this house was not custom built - it was already built. Thank you for the video SATL! It looks so cavernous and empty - like they couldn't find the right furniture or enough furniture to fill the existing rooms.

Even the bed frame looks like it was already there - fit and sized for a very tall man (aka NBA player) not for her and her traditionally vertically challenged husband.

The one room that worked decor and fit was the theater - and again that was probably already there and set up that way.

As for the toilets - do you really want to be taking a poop at the same time/next door as your spouse?

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

I can't help but think that if Joe Giudice wasn't locked up, Nonno wouldn't be bothered with whether or not he's seen/talked to his son. 

Joe Guidice was probably one of his good ole homemade wine making and  drinking buddies...

• Love 11
11 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

That fitness lady was a real ass when she told Teresa that she was standing there looking like a pile of shit.

That floored me. I had to ask myself, what is empowering or positive about these fitness competitions if you end up starving yourself and believing that you look like "a pile of shit" when your weight is perfectly reasonable???

11 hours ago, sATL said:

Tre' do tell us how are you going to lose 4 lbs in 3 weeks ?

In theory, that's not actually that hard. I did a generic WW app this summer to lose 10lbs, and I was consistently losing about 2 lbs per week. I wasn't starving or anything. However, Tre is ALREADY severely restricting what she eats, so I'm not sure how much further she can take it. 

11 hours ago, ladle said:

Hell must have frozen over because... I'm also on Tre's side in this!  I don't like Nonno at all, but Joe really lost me with, "I don't have time at all for him," for all of the reasons you mentioned. 

Also, I thought Gia was trying to explain the situation very reasonably.  From what little we've seen of her, she comes across as a lot more mature than her lineage would predict.   

I agree. Gia has come a long way. And I wasn't there for Melissa acting like "this is adult business". Gia lives with Nono and has a very strong relationship with him. She's also been close with Joe. I don't see any reason on her trying to be intermediary. 

11 hours ago, ladle said:

I’m no Tre fan (by a long shot) but to me she seemed genuinely stressed about the Nonno/Joe situation and not actively enjoying being the golden child (in this particular instance) or trying to start drama. And all Joe had to do to diffuse the tension was to be an adult and say, “You’re right - I should make more of an effort”, even if he was convinced he couldn’t actually do it because famewhoring takes up 110% of his time or whatever. But he’s Joe, so...

YES. All he had to do was say, "I'm sorry. Things have been crazy lately and I've slacked off. I shouldn't have let that happen. I'm aware of how this hurts you and I'll try to do better". He couldn't even give ONE inch. There was no grey area. I can't deal with people like that. 

13 hours ago, Emkat said:

Sorry but the plastic surgeons kids are pudgy, whiney, spoiled brats. They seem like an awful family.

Did I really hear the mom asking what appeared to be a 4-year-old if she wanted a "bah bah", while hoisting the heavy child out of the car???

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Exactly - none of them (her, the kids, the husband) have expressed being huge basketball fans - no need for a home court - this house was not custom built - it was already built. Thank you for the video SATL! It looks so cavernous and empty - like they couldn't find the right furniture or enough furniture to fill the existing rooms.

Even the bed frame looks like it was already there - fit and sized for a very tall man (aka NBA player) not for her and her traditionally vertically challenged husband.

The one room that worked decor and fit was the theater - and again that was probably already there and set up that way.

As for the toilets - do you really want to be taking a poop at the same time/next door as your spouse?

I don't think it's a custom built house either.  Didn't Shannon & David Beador's (of OC) original house have a basketball court?  Maybe it's a thing. I think the kids need to make use of the court, some of them looked on the chunky side.  Couldn't she use one of the other 15/16  bathrooms if her & her spouse need to go at the same time instead of having dual toilets? 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

In theory, that's not actually that hard. I did a generic WW app this summer to lose 10lbs, and I was consistently losing about 2 lbs per week. I wasn't starving or anything. However, Tre is ALREADY severely restricting what she eats, so I'm not sure how much further she can take it. 

is the "WW" weight watchers ? 

3 hours ago, teapot said:

I felt like that was super-staged.  um, why are you going to the party?  b/c it's my job?

I hate staged.

I thought it was too.  But then, I started thinking about who in their right mind would ever invite Danielle to an event featuring axes?

• Love 11

Why are the dogs on this show shitting and pissing in the house ? Is it because the homes are so huge? They all can't be puppies anymore. Melissa's guests almost stepping in it and then Tre picking up a pee pad. Looked unused though. Gross.

• Love 9

As someone who is preparing to battle her two good-for-nothing brothers next week at Thanksgiving, I am firmly on Theresa's side.  Theresa is practically a single parent of 4 daughters and the primary caregiver of her father.  Joe needs to step up and help take some of the burden off of his sister.  I really don't care about any of Joe's past issues with his father.  I have many reasons to limit my contact with my mother (more than any of my siblings), but I'm the one living with her and taking care of her house.  My asshole brothers only show up when the get something out of it and I am stuck having to clean up the yard after a hurricane rolls through.  It took me 5 hours last week to rake the leaves in our yard.  My brothers are in for a rude awakening next Thursday when I sit back and they clean up after dinner.  I have told my mother what I am not doing next week, and surprisingly she has not said anything against it.  

• Love 23
16 hours ago, sATL said:

I know the man is grieving... but I do wonder if there is another health issue going on..and I am sure all of "wine" isn't helping.

I kinda wish they would at least state what foodies are on the table.... what was that pie looking dish (there were two of them) that Tre carried to the table, before they sat down ?

those pie things are called frittata.  they usually only come out to play at Easter.  

• Love 1

Lets call these fitness competitions for what they really are - Hottest HW contests.  Tre and her counterpart Tamra in the OC have great bodies but not fitness competition winner material.  The real competitors not only have every muscle defined but are very athletic and limber to the point of a gymnast.  They live in the gym to work out hard core and not just to practice standing and walking in stripper heels.  There are specific movements and floor exercises done to show off every muscle and the diet itself has no room for error.  Try drinking at least 2 gallons of water a day, extremely limited carbs, no fruit, protein, miniscule fat and NO ALCOHOL for longer than 2 weeks.  IMHO the fake bubbies on both of them should disqualify them both.   The trainer was right and should've told Tre we'll see you next year for the next competition.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I don't think it's a custom built house either.  Didn't Shannon & David Beador's (of OC) original house have a basketball court?  Maybe it's a thing. I think the kids need to make use of the court, some of them looked on the chunky side.  Couldn't she use one of the other 15/16  bathrooms if her & her spouse need to go at the same time instead of having dual toilets? 

I thought about Shannon's house! I though Jennifer's mans looked like a combo of the Beador's and the Guidice's. 

1 hour ago, sATL said:

is the "WW" weight watchers ? 

Yup!

12 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

As someone who is preparing to battle her two good-for-nothing brothers next week at Thanksgiving, I am firmly on Theresa's side.  Theresa is practically a single parent of 4 daughters and the primary caregiver of her father.  Joe needs to step up and help take some of the burden off of his sister.  I really don't care about any of Joe's past issues with his father.  I have many reasons to limit my contact with my mother (more than any of my siblings), but I'm the one living with her and taking care of her house.  My asshole brothers only show up when the get something out of it and I am stuck having to clean up the yard after a hurricane rolls through.  It took me 5 hours last week to rake the leaves in our yard.  My brothers are in for a rude awakening next Thursday when I sit back and they clean up after dinner.  I have told my mother what I am not doing next week, and surprisingly she has not said anything against it.  

First - get it, girl!!!! I hope it goes well. 

But, yes, I totally agree. And here's the thing, Joe has said things about being there for his sister while Juicy is away. If he's not visiting Sr. Gorga, he's not seeing her or the girls either. I think he's a lot of talk, wants to look the devoted son and brother when filming is happening. But he's really a perpetual brat. I've always felt his behavior stemmed from jealousy. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, sATL said:

Somehow this house is even more cold and soulless than Tre’s.  Not exactly an admirable feat. 

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Somehow this house is even more cold and soulless than Tre’s.  Not exactly an admirable feat. 

I would expect echos walking in

Funny how Mr Traditional chose to sit on the stairs with his laptop as opposed to any of his furniture in that McMonstrosity

• Love 3

Nice wheels, Gia. If only my parents had been felonious grifters, then maybe I, too could've had a $50,000 car at 16.

Are we supposed to believe Teresa went from her bikini look last night to her competition figure, in only three weeks? Methinks her trainers were sharing their steroid supply.

@Duke2801

Good Gawd why is Teresa wearing a tight-ass hoochie clubbing dress in her house... to host Easter? 

"ProstitutionWhore!"? Loved Joey's reaction when she answered the door.

@ladle

Say "Aye" if you believe that Joe Gorga works "hardcore all day, every day, nonstop." 

I can believe he works long, hard hours, because Teresa, his mother, and Melissa have/had all mentioned it numerous times since his first season on the show.

It's warped how Joey's sister and parents have resented and shamed him for laboring to support his wife and children, all the while favoring and praising Juicy, whose literal motto is "Hard work is for suckers". I don't blame him for being defensive and put out by the nagging.

Not too bad introductions for Jackie and Jennifer (who looks like a cross between Jacqueline and one of those Shahs of Sunset women).

Give it up, Staub...it ain't like you're going to win an Emmy for that shitty acting.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I'm wondering:  if Joe Guidice wasn't in the slammer, would Nonno Gorga be living in the Guidice home?  Teresa is a pretty dutiful daughter, but if there wasn't already a man sized vacancy in her household, would she have taken her father in? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That floored me. I had to ask myself, what is empowering or positive about these fitness competitions if you end up starving yourself and believing that you look like "a pile of shit" when your weight is perfectly reasonable???

I agree. Gia has come a long way. And I wasn't there for Melissa acting like "this is adult business". Gia lives with Nono and has a very strong relationship with him. She's also been close with Joe. I don't see any reason on her trying to be intermediary. 

YES. All he had to do was say, "I'm sorry. Things have been crazy lately and I've slacked off. I shouldn't have let that happen. I'm aware of how this hurts you and I'll try to do better". He couldn't even give ONE inch. There was no grey area. I can't deal with people like that. 

Did I really hear the mom asking what appeared to be a 4-year-old if she wanted a "bah bah", while hoisting the heavy child out of the car???

Do you really think that little man, Joe Gorga, whose ego is bigger than he is, would apologize and/or admit being wrong?  NEVER!!!  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Quilty said:

Why are the dogs on this show shitting and pissing in the house ? Is it because the homes are so huge? They all can't be puppies anymore. Melissa's guests almost stepping in it and then Tre picking up a pee pad. Looked unused though. Gross.

These women are probably too self-involved to walk their dogs, and the kids too bratty - at least Delores walks hers (funny scene with her pushing the buggy and trying to catch her other two dogs).

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Quilty said:

Dogs are a lot of work.  I’ve gotten the impression from this franchise, not others, that some of these women have dogs because they think they’re expected to have a dog.  Not that the dogs aren’t taken care it's just that they’re just there, like ornaments.  If they're  shitting and pissing in the house, it’s because they either haven’t been trained or they’re not being walked.  Or, both.  

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, whydoievencare said:

I'm wondering:  if Joe Guidice wasn't in the slammer, would Nonno Gorga be living in the Guidice home?  Teresa is a pretty dutiful daughter, but if there wasn't already a man sized vacancy in her household, would she have taken her father in? 

I thought Teresa's parents have lived there for a long time? Even before the legal trouble? 

• Love 5

I see not much has changed in Nonno’s treatment of Melissa. He’s still drunkenly barking in her face.  Remember when she committed the unforgivable crime of not sitting home 24/7 just in case his majesty decided he wants to stop by unannounced?  I think he’s a nasty old man, and Nonna was a piece of work - God rest her soul. 

1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

I thought Teresa's parents have lived there for a long time? Even before the legal trouble? 

But didn’t we see Tre helping him pack up his home he shared with his wife?

• Love 15
21 hours ago, sATL said:

Jennifer - kids ages 5,7,9,11,13...  at first it sounded like lotto numbers and/or clothing sizes

9 bedrooms, 16 bathrooms, movie theater, basketball court - sounds like a ballers house  ... loved the foyer though.

foyer.png.803583dbd716958fa49f8130e7e3ef71.png

That is such an ugly house.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Teresa is the only daughter, her father was always going to end up in her home.  It doesn't matter if her husband was not in prison.  

• Love 10

I thought Teresa's parents lived with her back when Joe was throwing tantrums about his father not spending time with him (oh, the irony!), and, then Joe claimed he built a house for them.  Back when Tre was making the red sauce on camera.  I swear I remember something like that, or,  maybe I'm dreaming.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

You guys - any NY watchers here?  New girl was dress shopping at JOVANI!!!

That ax throwing just looks dangerous.  I could imagine it slipping out of someone’s hand as they were throwing it and going backwards at people.  I’m officially old.  Get off my lawn!!!

I saw the tags and heard "Jovani" in Dorinda's voice.

• Love 12

The new howives are not working for me. I see they're *already* asking us to care about their a) eating disorder and b) just having to get away from the five children she created. There shouldn't be soda in that house if kids are just getting them at will.  Dr. Murdery eyes gave me the heebie jeebies immediately.  And if the blonde with double sets of twins had a severe eating disorder, on what planet did anyone involved think doing IVF twice was a good idea?! I will go out of my way to never read any parenting blog of hers EVER. She is already on my nerves with her constant screeching about WINE. I have twins + 1 singleton too and no need for this level of annoyance. We get it.  Kids are hard. Us moms scream at them-okay.

I see both sides of the Gorga drama. On one hand, Tre got all the help, all the attention from the parents, her whole marriage. Babysitting services, cooking etc. That's likely what brought Joey Gorga to tears that time. He felt brushed aside and like they didn't give attention to his family/Mel/kids. Now, the mom is gone and old man appears to have some kind of dementia or something and Joey is expected to step in to take the load off Tre a bit. Idk...I get it but still. Instead of cocktails with Marge, maybe go sit with dad. Personal note: Unfortunately while my mom and sister were busy gossiping & making up fake news about everyone-especially ME, & kissing each other's asses, I was bonding with my in-law's and having holidays with them since my parents just *had to* go to my sister's m-i-l house (later my sis divorced anyway). My m-i-l still cooks for us, baby sits for us at times, gives $ to the kids and us when she can. She treats me more of a daughter than my mom did and my kids don't even know my parents. Sad but there is always one child that gets the attention so later in life when it's time to return the favor, can't expect the brushed aside child to come running. I would do for my in-laws without question tho.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I could just feel the horror Melissa felt as more and more pressure was being put on Joe to be more present in his dad's life!  She's obviously not fond of ol' Negative NoNo.  I think when Gia put her 2 cents in Melissa was afraid Joe would be more swayed by her since they're so close and tried to shut Gia down with the ''this is adult business'' comments. I was actually proud of Gia for ignoring Melissa and looking Joe in the eyes as she stated that they were hearing NoNo complain all the time about wanting to see his son.  Fun to watch Joe squirm. 

• Love 15
16 hours ago, Portae said:

Agree...and no amount of nagging from Tre is going to force Joe to do anything differently.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Hi, I was watching this with closed caption on and the new Turkish wife was asking the child who she was carrying out of the car if she wanted “to go to Baba”—meaning does she want to go to her dad. A couple viewers thought she was offering her a bottle but if you watch it next time with CC on it’ll make sense especially since the father was walking ahead of them and she probably wanted to put her down and encourage her to go ahead with him. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Hi, I was watching this with closed caption on and the new Turkish wife was asking the child who she was carrying out of the car if she wanted “to go to Baba”—meaning does she want to go to her dad. A couple viewers thought she was offering her a bottle but if you watch it next time with CC on it’ll make sense especially since the father was walking ahead of them and she probably wanted to put her down and encourage her to go ahead with him. 

That's what I heard too. She was trying to get her to the dad "Baba".

• Love 1
17 hours ago, jaync said:

Nice wheels, Gia. If only my parents had been felonious grifters, then maybe I, too could've had a $50,000 car at 16.

Are we supposed to believe Teresa went from her bikini look last night to her competition figure, in only three weeks? Methinks her trainers were sharing their steroid supply.

"ProstitutionWhore!"? Loved Joey's reaction when she answered the door.

I can believe he works long, hard hours, because Teresa, his mother, and Melissa have/had all mentioned it numerous times since his first season on the show.

It's warped how Joey's sister and parents have resented and shamed him for laboring to support his wife and children, all the while favoring and praising Juicy, whose literal motto is "Hard work is for suckers". I don't blame him for being defensive and put out by the nagging.

Not too bad introductions for Jackie and Jennifer (who looks like a cross between Jacqueline and one of those Shahs of Sunset women).

Give it up, Staub...it ain't like you're going to win an Emmy for that shitty acting.

I find it interesting that when Teresa was out of the picture and in jail there seemed to be a period of peace between Joe, his parents , also with Juicy & the girls. Now that she's been out it's flaring up again as she's going back to who she really is.

Teresa has never strayed far from that. It was just suppressed for a time as she adjusted coming out of  prison and then Joe going away. Now she can't even fake it. Her old bullying habits are rearing their ugly head. I think the body building restrictions & requirements are exacerbating her behavior. I too even wondered if she tried juicing after seeing clips of  her rage in the upcomming episodes.

I think she has always been a daddy's girl and Joe has been second in his father's eyes his entire life. He was never "first son" or "only son".

Nono may have said something to Joe at Easter and constantly complaining to Tre but I also believe Tre has been in her father's ear from the time she was a kid and knows the hot buttons to push, knows what to say that makes her look the good daughter to Daddy. Not to mention her need to be seen as the one doing the most, giving the most, going through the most all the time. 

With their spending habits I can't knock Joe  for working his butt off to pay the bills. He doesn't want to end up in jail like Juicy. Still, he could pick up a phone and call 10-15 minutes each day to connect with his dad while driving to work or on a lunch break.

I'd bet that if Nono had gone to live with Joe instead of Teresa their relationship would be different. He would see the hours Joe has to keep, see Joe more in down time, he would be hanging with the boys rather than getting a mani-pedi & most of all I think you might have seen the old man coping better with his grief. Living at Teresa's he's surrounded with nothing but past memories of a life that once was, he and his wife living with her family in happier times. That's all gone, never to return & now and he's miserable.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

I think she has always been a daddy's girl and Joe has been second in his father's eyes his entire life. He was never "first son" or "only son".

that's wild, because in all the Italian houses that I saw growing up (which we are too, but mixed w/other stuff!) the son was king.  I remember a friend of mine couldn't go out until she cleaned up after her male *cousins*!!

• Love 8

My husband works a crazy amount so I understand what Joe is saying- however, he could make calling his Dad a part of his daily driving home routine. 

I like Margaret but it wasn’t cool to reassure Danielle of their friendship and then turn around and blab it to the other women. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teapot said:

that's wild, because in all the Italian houses that I saw growing up (which we are too, but mixed w/other stuff!) the son was king.  I remember a friend of mine couldn't go out until she cleaned up after her male *cousins*!!

Agreed, but we've seen older Gorga busting on his son for most of their time on the show from the beginning. I still think that throughout her life Teresa been a voice in her father's ear and a his favorite of the two.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3