Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Easter Wives Hunt

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Danielle is a psychopath, not a perpetual victim.

The only perpetual victims are the Gorgas - I do include Giacinto in this statement. 

How has no one stated the obvious here? The only issue that really exists is between Joe Gorga and his father. They are the ones who need to talk it out. Not Tre, not Mel, not Gia - just Joe Gorga and his father. But Joey won't do that. Why? Oh yeah, he loves playing the victim. Plus, exploiting that rift gives the show life (or at least Andy must tell them so).

Do they think showing flashbacks of seasons 3-7 is going to garner Joe and Mel sympathy? All I remember is what a giant child Joey acted like, both at the Christening and at the "make-up" retreat. Everyone wants to pin it all on Tre and Juicy because of their legal issues, but it was always Joey who exacerbated it. Juicy didn't go at Joe Gorga; Joe charged at Juicy after Juicy demanded Joe stop calling his sister garbage.

Every problem Joe has he wants to pin on his sister. It's pathetic. Grow up. He has a rift with his father? He blames his sister and what she puts in his ear. His father tells him TO HIS FACE that he wants to see him more - that's Tre's fault, too. Okay then. It's all very clear, and has been for years. Mark my words, when Giacinto passes, Joe will wail like a toddler and BLAME Tre for "not having spent enough time with his father." You could play these tapes for him and he'd still find some way to shirk, deflect, and make it his sister's fault. 

The work excuse is BS. Show up. Or make boundaries clear and don't. Either way, leave your sister and your wife out of it. Talk to your dad. Tre isn't your family interpreter, and if you have such an issue with how she portrays you and your wife to your parents, then step the hell in and make the effort with your dad. You will have no one to blame but yourself in the end.

Tre and Joe don't want to argue with each other, so they both involve Mel. It's stupid, but so is Mel. And I don't feel sorry for her. She asked for this role in order to get on the show. Don't play the martyr and get paid for it and then wear it like a cross. You created this role and egged it on and pushed it so you could be on TV. Stop playing the victim and taking cues from your husband. Your SIL has had the shittiest set of years I can think of and is making something decent out of it, or at least trying. IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU, MEL. Excuse yourself from the fight and make that clear to your husband and your sister-in-law AND your father-in-law.

Yes, to so much of this. I think there's a lot going on here.

You are 100% right that this is an issue between Joe and his dad. Teresa can't be the interloper. Gia can't be the interloper. I see, in my own family, and with my in-laws, just how destructive it can be when one family member intercedes on another's behalf. For me, it makes me not want to do something I was naturally going to do. Just an example: my m-i-l sent my husband and me an email reminding us that his sister's birthday is coming up. My husband and his sister are both in their forties. He has never forgotten her birthday in his entire life. So why is the mom emailing us about bullshit? It makes me want to be an asshole and dig in my heels and not send a card at all, even though my s-i-l didn't cause a problem. (This is part of a pattern of his mom communicating for his sister that began with our wedding, where I put his sister in my wedding out of obligation, but I really made an effort to be awesome, but she was just so passive and irresponsible that I had to cut off all communication with her prior to the wedding, and I almost cancelled my bridal party altogether out of hurt, and her mom kept trying to clean up her daughter's messes, which only made it more insulting, so there's much more to the story, so sorry if I sound ragey). The point is that a lot of this may have been a visceral reaction to Teresa telling him what to do.

Also, Gia is a minor. She can talk to her godfather and uncle one-on-one about how she sees the situation with Nonna, but there was no room for her in that conversation. It puts Melissa in a shitty spot. Melissa can't speak her mind freely because she has to be (rightfully so) more sensitive to Gia's feelings. It was fucked up of Teresa to do that to Gia. Gia also told Joe that he should devote one day of each week to his father. She has no idea how busy grown-ups are, and if a man has three kids and a wife, that is a wildly high demand on his time. Notice how it was adults who advocated for something more realistic, like the phone calls and the drop-bys.

Also, this is a TV show, so Melissa gets blame for hanging around to film this fight. She 100% should have been off hiding Easter eggs while Teresa got into it with Joe. She's (they all are) sacrificing family bounds for a paycheck.

This is probably the thing I want to say with the greatest emphasis: people need to draw boundaries between their families of origin and their nuclear families once they are grown. I am a huge proponent of putting your spouse before every single other person on the planet, and luckily my husband is too, or I wouldn't have married him. Whether Joe sees his dad or not, Melissa needs to sit Joe down, in the marital home, or anywhere private, and tell Joe that he can do what he wants, but she is not going to be screamed at and spat on with a finger in her face by an angry old man. I would put him on notice that I'm not seeing Papa Gorga until he can learn how to behave around me (unless she doesn't care; that's up to her). Joe should understand this completely, and deal with his father on his own. I think if Melissa drew boundaries, the healing would start. If Melissa was out of the equation for the time being, Joe could potentially bond with his dad over guy things and child-related things, so Teresa could naturally drop out the equation too, and leave the guys to enjoy each other. See? Family harmony. You're welcome, Gorga/Giudices. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, TexasGal said:

You guys - any NY watchers here?  New girl was dress shopping at JOVANI!!!

Damn. What a missed opportunity for Dorinda to pop in and start heckling!

9 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Hi, I was watching this with closed caption on and the new Turkish wife was asking the child who she was carrying out of the car if she wanted “to go to Baba”—meaning does she want to go to her dad. A couple viewers thought she was offering her a bottle but if you watch it next time with CC on it’ll make sense especially since the father was walking ahead of them and she probably wanted to put her down and encourage her to go ahead with him. 

Ahhhh, thank you! That does make perfect sense and I'm actually quite relieved. LOL

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Maybe Joe could spend more time with his father and give Teresa some help simply because it’s the right thing to do?

Right. I always tell my kids that how treat others doesn't necessarily have to be a reflection of what they deserve, but a reflection of WHO WE ARE. 

• Love 8

Long time lurker, first time poster here!  Hi Everybody!  

I've watched this show since the beginning and I'm beyond annoyed that Bravo is once again using Gorga/Giudice drama to drum up interest in this show.  But since they are, it was this episode that firmly made me dislike Melissa and Joe.  Bottom line - Joe is a little bitch.  Simple as that.  He has time to film.  He has time to party.  He has time to "work" (do people in NJ really hire him???)  He can't find time in 2 weeks to talk phone his dad?  Don't give me that "I'm busy" bullshit.  I have a husband who works more hours than Joe Gorga ever will, and we have young children who also want his time, and guess what?  He and his mom talk every Sunday.  Even if it's for 5 minutes to realize there's not much to talk about. 

Joe Gorga doesn't make the time because he doesn't want to.  It's as plain and simple as that.

Melissa and her victimhood is getting old, and fast.  It hasn't aired yet, but I think I actually agree with Tre when she says that Melissa can be doing more to get Joey there.  I just think her delivery sucks.  It's not "control your husband" it's "You monopolize him," it's asking her over for coffee and saying "listen, my dad is needing a bit more of Joe right now - I know he's with me in the day to day, but he needs to hear from Joe as well because he's still really struggling.  Can you help remind him to call, even if for 5 minutes to say hello."  Once again, simple as that.  I just don't think Tre has the bandwidth to comprehend how easy that can be.  We've already seen that Gorga Sr is NOT a priority for Melissa.  There was the whole "I'm so sick with strep" issue, and she's brushed off his statements about not seeing them before.  MElissa's family priority is HER family, unless the cameras are rolling on all of the and then she likes to be Melissa the good daughter in law.  Joe's a little bitch.  Melissa is an opportunist.  

Tre isn't innocent (judges agree).  But it's entirely unfair for her to shoulder her father's grief and livelihood on her own.  Especially when you consider that Joe Gorga lives about 10 mins away.

I can't decide if I like Margaret or not.  Part of me feels that she's a 50 year old trying to be a 24 year old, and she just can't pull it off (obviously) but then she actually makes me laugh.  I just dont' need to see her in bed, in the shower, etc.  Is her net worth really that high?  You couldn't tell it by her home.  I don't really "get" her.  But her handling of Danielle this episode, and her "wtf" reaction was kind of awesome.  You could see the anvils clunking her on the head as she realized how psycho Danielle really is.  

I don't think new Turkish girl is going to last.  For one, I think that when you remove the layers of Jersey-Glam, at the end of the day there are too many cultural differences between her and the others.  Because while she may not be as traditional and conservative as her parents were, I'm sure that household still has fairly traditional values and that's going to clash with people like Melissa, Danielle, etc.  It feels like they are treating her like a novelty act.  

I liked nu-Jacq.  She seems down to earth and friendly.  I liked how candid she was.  You can tell that she and Margaret have a legitimate friendship behind the scenes.  That said, did anybody besides me get the feeling that Melissa is a little to desperate to have female friends?  Has she driven everybody away?  Jacqueline and her family seem legit.  She has a legitimate career, her husband obviously has a successful career - in other words they have brains.  They aren't dabbling in the garbage and pizza industries, nobody has been disbarred, nobody has been arrested for assault, gone to jail, etc.  In other words, their bathroom countertops aren't breaking during a realtor tour.  Melissa and her "oh we have so much in common!  having kids is crazy!  look our kids get along so well!  Yay, we're the same person!!!" reeked of somebody desperate to be legitimized.  

Edited by BrindaWalsh
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Maybe Joe could spend more time with his father and give Teresa some help simply because it’s the right thing to do?

And Teresa, the convicted felon, always knows whats the right thing to do and does it herself.

Just because Joe and Melissa don't jump when and how Papa and Teresa say to doesn't mean they haven't given them any help.

It was said Joe stepped up when Teresa went to prison. I bet he's still stepping up just not to Teresa's desired level. It's sprinkle cookies and pignoli cookies all over again. No simple "Thank you for bringing the cookies!"

Nothing Joe & Mel does is enough for them.

Sure Joe should try and spend more time with his father and also call. But if all those visitsand calls are nothing but his dad ragging on his ass I don't blame him for skipping out on the ass chewings and concentrating on his wife and kids first.

• Love 13
On 11/14/2018 at 9:58 PM, whydoievencare said:

I'm watching Nonno Gorga and am finding him to be a bit of a nightmare.  I know his wife has died but he's wallowing in self pity.  It's inappropriate to complain about his son to his daughter the way that he's done (although I'm sure Teresa likes being the golden girl) - she could actually be supportive of Joe Gorga to her dad - that has to have contributed to the rocky relationship between Teresa and Joe Gorga.  I can't believe how demanding Gorga Senior is.  I have adult children and can't imagine treating them that way.

Thank you! Yes! Grandpa is a pain in the ass! If he's that depressed then he needs to see a grief counselor. Whining and raging at Joe and Melissa in front of the kids was just irresponsible.  And Teresa chiming in and piling on was typical of her. I too have adult children and if I don't hear from them in a few weeks I call them or text them and say hello. I realize they are busy with work, kids, activities, etc...he is wallowing in self pity and drinking a lot of wine doesn't help. Worse he pointed at Melissa and lumped her in to his rant at Joe. Teresa probably loved all of this...it just makes her look like the angel and Joe the devil. I will say that Joe could call his Dad once a week and just "check in " to see how he is. I get that he works but come on...he can't take some time on a Sunday afternoon to say hi or visit him for an hour? It's not like he's neurosurgeon that is on call. 

1 hour ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Long time lurker, first time poster here!  Hi Everybody!  

I've watched this show since the beginning and I'm beyond annoyed that Bravo is once again using Gorga/Giudice drama to drum up interest in this show.  But since they are, it was this episode that firmly made me dislike Melissa and Joe.  Bottom line - Joe is a little bitch.  Simple as that.  He has time to film.  He has time to party.  He has time to "work" (do people in NJ really hire him???)  He can't find time in 2 weeks to talk phone his dad?  Don't give me that "I'm busy" bullshit.  I have a husband who works more hours than Joe Gorga ever will, and we have young children who also want his time, and guess what?  He and his mom talk every Sunday.  Even if it's for 5 minutes to realize there's not much to talk about. 

Joe Gorga doesn't make the time because he doesn't want to.  It's as plain and simple as that.

Melissa and her victimhood is getting old, and fast.  It hasn't aired yet, but I think I actually agree with Tre when she says that Melissa can be doing more to get Joey there.  I just think her delivery sucks.  It's not "control your husband" it's "You monopolize him," it's asking her over for coffee and saying "listen, my dad is needing a bit more of Joe right now - I know he's with me in the day to day, but he needs to hear from Joe as well because he's still really struggling.  Can you help remind him to call, even if for 5 minutes to say hello."  Once again, simple as that.  I just don't think Tre has the bandwidth to comprehend how easy that can be.  We've already seen that Gorga Sr is NOT a priority for Melissa.  There was the whole "I'm so sick with strep" issue, and she's brushed off his statements about not seeing them before.  MElissa's family priority is HER family, unless the cameras are rolling on all of the and then she likes to be Melissa the good daughter in law.  Joe's a little bitch.  Melissa is an opportunist.  

Tre isn't innocent (judges agree).  But it's entirely unfair for her to shoulder her father's grief and livelihood on her own.  Especially when you consider that Joe Gorga lives about 10 mins away.

I can't decide if I like Margaret or not.  Part of me feels that she's a 50 year old trying to be a 24 year old, and she just can't pull it off (obviously) but then she actually makes me laugh.  I just dont' need to see her in bed, in the shower, etc.  Is her net worth really that high?  You couldn't tell it by her home.  I don't really "get" her.  But her handling of Danielle this episode, and her "wtf" reaction was kind of awesome.  You could see the anvils clunking her on the head as she realized how psycho Danielle really is.  

I don't think new Turkish girl is going to last.  For one, I think that when you remove the layers of Jersey-Glam, at the end of the day there are too many cultural differences between her and the others.  Because while she may not be as traditional and conservative as her parents were, I'm sure that household still has fairly traditional values and that's going to clash with people like Melissa, Danielle, etc.  It feels like they are treating her like a novelty act.  

I liked nu-Jacq.  She seems down to earth and friendly.  I liked how candid she was.  You can tell that she and Margaret have a legitimate friendship behind the scenes.  That said, did anybody besides me get the feeling that Melissa is a little to desperate to have female friends?  Has she driven everybody away?  Jacqueline and her family seem legit.  She has a legitimate career, her husband obviously has a successful career - in other words they have brains.  They aren't dabbling in the garbage and pizza industries, nobody has been disbarred, nobody has been arrested for assault, gone to jail, etc.  In other words, their bathroom countertops aren't breaking during a realtor tour.  Melissa and her "oh we have so much in common!  having kids is crazy!  look our kids get along so well!  Yay, we're the same person!!!" reeked of somebody desperate to be legitimized.  

Trust me...Teresa is using her Dad as a babysitter and cook...that's the deal there.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I see not much has changed in Nonno’s treatment of Melissa. He’s still drunkenly barking in her face.  Remember when she committed the unforgivable crime of not sitting home 24/7 just in case his majesty decided he wants to stop by unannounced?  I think he’s a nasty old man, and Nonna was a piece of work - God rest her soul. 

But didn’t we see Tre helping him pack up his home he shared with his wife?

I remember at a gymnastics meet, a few seasons ago - Tre & Joe's mom had something for the kids, but gave it to Joe to bring to the car because of MELISSA being there!  Oooh she hated her.  Nona was a real bitch (god rest her soul).

21 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I thought Teresa's parents lived with her back when Joe was throwing tantrums about his father not spending time with him (oh, the irony!), and, then Joe claimed he built a house for them.  Back when Tre was making the red sauce on camera.  I swear I remember something like that, or,  maybe I'm dreaming.

I believe Joe Gorga bought his parents a house when times were good.  Then, when he was near-broke (actually I think he still is broke or near-broke), he had to sell it.  They played it off like the parents were selling to live with Tre, but Joe specifically said at some point that he bought them their house.  

Then sold it out from under them.

SHAME!

No, I am kidding - no one owes anyone a house, but I do have to laugh at the big shot having to sell.

What ever happened to the LAND that they bought and visited, like 2-3 seasons ago??  They were going to build the DREAM HOUSE!  Looks like that fizzled.

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I remember at a gymnastics meet, a few seasons ago - Tre & Joe's mom had something for the kids, but gave it to Joe to bring to the car because of MELISSA being there!  Oooh she hated her.  Nona was a real bitch (god rest her soul).

And remember how nast Nonna, God rest her soul, went in on Kathy about being a horrible cousin.  You remember the situation?  Nonna’s precious angels were trying to kill each other and Kathy rescued abandoned Audrianna who had been left unattended in her stroller.   

• Love 14
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Thank you! Yes! Grandpa is a pain in the ass! If he's that depressed then he needs to see a grief counselor. Whining and raging at Joe and Melissa in front of the kids was just irresponsible.  And Teresa chiming in and piling on was typical of her. I too have adult children and if I don't hear from them in a few weeks I call them or text them and say hello. I realize they are busy with work, kids, activities, etc...he is wallowing in self pity and drinking a lot of wine doesn't help. Worse he pointed at Melissa and lumped her in to his rant at Joe. Teresa probably loved all of this...it just makes her look like the angel and Joe the devil. I will say that Joe could call his Dad once a week and just "check in " to see how he is. I get that he works but come on...he can't take some time on a Sunday afternoon to say hi or visit him for an hour? It's not like he's neurosurgeon that is on call. 

Trust me...Teresa is using her Dad as a babysitter and cook...that's the deal there.

Agree.  Even if Joe isn't grown enough to call his last-surviving-parent for himself, the least he could do is call to keep the peace. Talk about the weather , the game last night,  generic stuff - nothing controversial. 2 min. then get of the phone.

Gorga Sr  has been in NJ most of his adult life,  raised a family, had a job doing whatever,  probably had other adult interests like church/other old school Italian men's club,  and he has "no one else" to pal around with? No other widow wants to make googly eyes at him ? Tre isn't helping by keeping him around the house all day.

The scene where they were getting their pedicures, Gia said she went with Gorga Sr to "visit Nonna" this morning... He said he visits her every day... Were they referring to her gravesite ?

Edited by sATL

@whydoievencare

I'm wondering:  if Joe Guidice wasn't in the slammer, would Nonno Gorga be living in the Guidice home?

Yes, because the Giudices wouldn't pass up a chance to siphon off the old man's SS and savings.

@TexasGal

You guys - any NY watchers here?  New girl was dress shopping at JOVANI!!!

Good catch!

@Bronzedog

What help does Teresa need, though? She doesn't have to take care of her father's physical needs; she only works three months out of the year filming this show, so she has plenty of time to tend to her four beautiful dawters; and, if something around the house breaks, she has the money to hire a handyman.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, jaync said:

What help does Teresa need, though? She doesn't have to take care of her father's physical needs; she only works three months out of the year filming this show, so she has plenty of time to tend to her four beautiful dawters; and, if something around the house breaks, she has the money to hire a handyman.

Caring for an elderly, grieving parent 24/7 can be emotionally exhausting.  Especially one who's grumpy & constantly complaining.  Teresa likely needs her brother to shoulder some of that load.  She was asking Joe to spend time with him, call him, do something. I get that people are busy, but two weeks is a long time for him to not even bother to pick up the phone. And Joe's reaction when asked only reinforced what a petty little selfish man he actually is.   

• Love 18

Gorga Sr. needs grief counseling. I'd be willing to wager (from my own experience in marrying into an Italian family) he'd rather suffer out loud and make everyone miserable than get that counseling.

Gorga Jr. can't find ten minutes every couple of days to call his Papa? I call horsefeathers on that. My extremely busy husband used to call his father on his commute to or from work when he couldn't make any other time. We both miss my father-in-law who passed away earlier this year. A lovely, stubborn, Italian man.

Teresa should have chosen a different time to bring up the no-calling-of-Nonno, however. Wait till after dinner. Of course, I'd also wager the Bravo producers would prefer mid-dinner drama to post-dinner sanity.

• Love 4

I was listening to the Real Housewives podcast on the way home tonight, and Ben and Ronnie both said something thought-provoking: they said, basically, that they felt like the show was trying to manipulate us into being on Teresa's side, but that they feel uneasy taking her side, and that there's more to the story. I realized what my theory is: Teresa doesn't just want her brother to spend time with their father; I think she resents Joe for having a happy, full life with Melissa, and she feels like she got jilted somehow. She wants all of the Gorgas--not just her father--to come before Melissa (who, as we've been reminded by Teresa, is somehow not a Gorga). This has been her agenda the entire time. She now has just a slightly more sympathetic package in which to wrap it. I think there is also subtext that, since Joe Giudice is "away," Joe Gorga has some moral responsibility to step in as a surrogate father, the way he stepped up when Teresa was away. There certainly are some unhealthy dynamics going on there. 

This is just a quibble, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way when Jennifer said she wanted to lose weight or something before she threw her axe, and Melissa, all faux-jokingly, was like, "girl, you have no excuse, you have a nanny!!" It felt a little passive-aggressive. Also, Melissa, have you tasted food? It's kind of the most amazing thing ever. It is the excuse. Jennifer, after having five children, isn't, like unhealthy overweight or anything. She's about the size of Dolores. She's smaller than Marge. She's much smaller than Oprah, and Oprah has more money than God. Thin is not necessarily a socioeconomic issue (although it's a factor). Not everyone's husband requires physical perfection in order to inject their "poison" into their wives either, but Melissa doesn't know from that world. I feel like there may be some envy, because Jennifer can afford a nanny. If Melissa wanted to be cool and supportive, she could have just been like, "you want to do yoga with me next week?" Yeah....that was a dig. Not very cute. 

Maybe the sister-in-laws aren't as different as they seem. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I am a huge proponent of putting your spouse before every single other person on the planet, and luckily my husband is too, or I wouldn't have married him. Whether Joe sees his dad or not, Melissa needs to sit Joe down, in the marital home, or anywhere private, and tell Joe that he can do what he wants, but she is not going to be screamed at and spat on with a finger in her face by an angry old man.

SO MUCH THIS!^^  This is a wildly polarizing episode but I am not all on the Joey Gorga hate train about it. I had those convos w my husband when we were newly married bc he was driving to his parents' house almost every day on the way home from work. We spend every weekend with them.  They rely on him for a LOT.  I was adamant about backing off big time. And he did immediately. Once we had kids, they helped us SO MUCH and showed me their generous hearts applied not only to my husband but also to me and the kids. So it is easy for me to overlook my husband going there to fix this or that, pr making phone calls on their behalf, bc I know I can do food shopping alone every week or get a haircut now and then and grandma is there with LOVE. They are amazing toward us but I always say, one hand washes the other - within reason. I never doubt my nuclear family coming 1st! 

All the time Tree and Joey Giudice were being coddled by the parents, Joe was building his bond with Melissa and quite possibly, her family. So, there's a split. Words of Joe Giudice "eehhh whaddayagunnah doabaddit Tree?!'

• Love 3

The bottom line with the Joe situation is that once the old man's gone, Joe may very well regret his decision not to spend time with him.  There aren't do overs.  On the other hand, Teresa's never going to regret all the time she spends with  her father.

I don't know why I'm so invested in this storyline.  I don't like any of them.

• Love 11

Just watched the episode.

The grandfather is so annoying.  He's so void of joy.   What a complainer.  He makes it all about himself and doesn't seem concerned or interested in anyone else.

I can't get over how much plastic surgery most of these women have.  They look ridiculous!!!!

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

The bottom line with the Joe situation is that once the old man's gone, Joe may very well regret his decision not to spend time with him.  There aren't do overs.  On the other hand, Teresa's never going to regret all the time she spends with  her father.

I don't know why I'm so invested in this storyline.  I don't like any of them.

That very well might be true, but it will still be Joe's consequence to live with, not Teresa's. You can't make someone feel a way that they don't feel, or prioritize what you think that they should prioritize. All you can do is work out a system of shared burden/responsibility if that is one of your concerns, but you can't legislate another person's emotions.

• Love 11

Teresa never had a problem monopolizing her parents for child care, cooking and whatever else they did. She spent years reaping the benefits of having live in parents but now it’s her turn to return the favor and she expects joe gorga to share that responsibility?

old man gorga spent years choosing juicy joe over his own son and NOW he expects his son to give of his time? Nah! While I do think Joe gorga will regret not spending the time with his father I don’t blame him for not WANTING to do so now. Especially if every call and/or every visit turns into the old man berating him about being neglected.

I’m of the mindset that Gia should not have been brought in to the arguement. This was a discussion between adults and whether she is a level headed 17 year old or not it was none of her business to try to dictate how an adult should behave. Shame on Teresa for bringing her into it.

my eldest brother was a real shit about bringing his son (the first born grandchild) to my parents because he was too busy... guess what my parents would get in their car, drive the 22 miles every other evening to spend time with that child. If old man gorga really wanted to see his son and his grandkids he would do the same.

children do not owe their parents for bringing them in to the world. Children owe them for their love and support and I just don’t see where these gorga parents showed much of it to their son at least not as much as they did to their felonious daughter and son-in-law.

• Love 15
21 hours ago, sATL said:

Agree.  Even if Joe isn't grown enough to call his last-surviving-parent for himself, the least he could do is call to keep the peace. Talk about the weather , the game last night,  generic stuff - nothing controversial. 2 min. then get of the phone.

Gorga Sr  has been in NJ most of his adult life,  raised a family, had a job doing whatever,  probably had other adult interests like church/other old school Italian men's club,  and he has "no one else" to pal around with? No other widow wants to make googly eyes at him ? Tre isn't helping by keeping him around the house all day.

The scene where they were getting their pedicures, Gia said she went with Gorga Sr to "visit Nonna" this morning... He said he visits her every day... Were they referring to her gravesite ?

I believe they were referring to her gravesite.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, bagger said:

Teresa never had a problem monopolizing her parents for child care, cooking and whatever else they did. She spent years reaping the benefits of having live in parents but now it’s her turn to return the favor and she expects joe gorga to share that responsibility?

old man gorga spent years choosing juicy joe over his own son and NOW he expects his son to give of his time? Nah! While I do think Joe gorga will regret not spending the time with his father I don’t blame him for not WANTING to do so now. Especially if every call and/or every visit turns into the old man berating him about being neglected.

I’m of the mindset that Gia should not have been brought in to the arguement. This was a discussion between adults and whether she is a level headed 17 year old or not it was none of her business to try to dictate how an adult should behave. Shame on Teresa for bringing her into it.

my eldest brother was a real shit about bringing his son (the first born grandchild) to my parents because he was too busy... guess what my parents would get in their car, drive the 22 miles every other evening to spend time with that child. If old man gorga really wanted to see his son and his grandkids he would do the same.

children do not owe their parents for bringing them in to the world. Children owe them for their love and support and I just don’t see where these gorga parents showed much of it to their son at least not as much as they did to their felonious daughter and son-in-law.

Well said! The family dynamic is toxic in this family. Teresa does her best to influence her father against Joe and Melissa at every opportunity she can get. And so true about Grandpa preferring and supporting Juicy Joe over his own son for so many years. Teresa bringing Gia into the mix was a bad decision. She has always tried to pit her against Joe and Melissa...especially Melissa. Teresa is really a horrible human being. Very self centered and self absorbed...always looking to make herself look like the golden girl to her parents and brings her kids into adult problems for her own benefit. 

• Love 13
On 11/14/2018 at 9:46 PM, ninjago said:

Chickens come home to roost:  It's been acknowledged that Nonno treated Joe badly for years.  And, I get it, Joe is a self-centered asshole, but, still, Nonno was open in his disdain for him.  It would be great if Joe could be the bigger person and let go of the hurt, but....he's not a bigger person.  Many people aren't able to put aside years of hurt just because their parent has grown frail.  It also doesn't help that Nonno doesn't seem to have changed his ways at all either.

I agree with this, but I think the problem is that Joe is not being honest about it. I mean, I get it would cause even more hell with Teresa, but if he is going to dig his heels into the ground anyway, he might as well come clean and say, "The old man has been horrible to me, and I'm now giving what feels right." Teresa is going to be pissed either way, but now he makes himself look like a passive-aggressive excuse-maker.

• Love 9

I like the inclusion of the Turkish housewife. I hope we get to see some of their culture and customs on the show. I know there is a large Turkish community in New Jersey..   She seems harmless for now, but her children seem so unkempt and unruly.  Her house is tacky.  I do not for one second believe she planned that monstrosity with a builder.  It's a "redone" home".

Melissa, shut the fuck up.  At this point, she has become a caricature.  She adds nothing to show. There is no way I'll ever believe that she cares about Nonno. 

Delores is a mystery to me.  Her "friendship" with Frank is not normal.  There's some strange vibes from them.  I do not understand why he funded her lifestyle for so many years. And that "boyfriend" of hers, I do not believe that shit is real. 

Marge can be funny at times and she has some good one-liners, but her life seems like a sham. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

I believe they were referring to her gravesite.

In Gorga Sr case - I'm not sure that is a healthy trip to make every day. Yes, it gets him out of the house and something to look forward to, but it kinda keeps him in mourning, as opposed to honor and remembrance of the good times. Nonna passed in March of 2017 - what happens when Gia (who I suspect is the driver in most cases) goes off to college ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

I don't have a problem with Teresa bringing Gia into the conversation.  Gia is probably the one shouldering the greatest burden with her grandfather.  She is constantly hearing her grandfather complaining about her uncle.  Whatever issues Joe has with his father and his sister, he needs to put them aside and think about his niece.  She should be hanging out with her friends and trying to figure out her future, not being the emotional and physical support for an elderly man.  The poor girl has already had to grow up before her time with her parents' antics, she does not need anything else.  I really feel for the girl.  

• Love 7
On 11/15/2018 at 12:17 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Exactly - none of them (her, the kids, the husband) have expressed being huge basketball fans - no need for a home court - this house was not custom built - it was already built. Thank you for the video SATL! It looks so cavernous and empty - like they couldn't find the right furniture or enough furniture to fill the existing rooms.

Even the bed frame looks like it was already there - fit and sized for a very tall man (aka NBA player) not for her and her traditionally vertically challenged husband.

The one room that worked decor and fit was the theater - and again that was probably already there and set up that way.

As for the toilets - do you really want to be taking a poop at the same time/next door as your spouse?

That living room looks like Liberace threw up. The placement of the furniture looks like whoever delivered it just set the pieces wherever they saw an empty spot. If you’ve got the money for a house like that, you must have the money for a decorator.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RubberDuckie said:

I like the inclusion of the Turkish housewife. I hope we get to see some of their culture and customs on the show. I know there is a large Turkish community in New Jersey..   She seems harmless for now, but her children seem so unkempt and unruly.  Her house is tacky.  I do not for one second believe she planned that monstrosity with a builder.  It's a "redone" home".

Melissa, shut the fuck up.  At this point, she has become a caricature.  She adds nothing to show. There is no way I'll ever believe that she cares about Nonno. 

Delores is a mystery to me.  Her "friendship" with Frank is not normal.  There's some strange vibes from them.  I do not understand why he funded her lifestyle for so many years. And that "boyfriend" of hers, I do not believe that shit is real. 

Marge can be funny at times and she has some good one-liners, but her life seems like a sham. 

I'd take Melissa over the Manzos, Jaq, Siggy day.

I think she cares about Nonno for her husband's and children's sake but her feelings are tempered. For herself she doesn't expect anything but animosity from him as that is all he has shown her. When he dies she will mourn her husband's and children's loss and not so much her own.

• Love 14

Anyone see the editing was a bit screwy during the dinner? One second everyone had pasta then seemingly during the same conversation as they transitioned to toasting Nona to Joe visiting there was cake too. Gia being 17 I can almost get her point of "but I have to hear this anyway" because she probably does have to listen to this stuff which she shouldn't, but that doesn't mean Joe needed to include her. Gia knows nothing yet about if its easy to stop over with a job and 3 kids. Melissa was right to call it "Adult talk" because they younger generation, if almost legally an adult, should not be involved in this and Joe doesn't need to be bitched at by a teenager. I don't even like Joe. Also it's impossible to come over and just see his father, living at Tre's, I mean is he suppose to drop by and ignore everyone else? You can't go there without listening to Tre's assorted bullshit I'm sure.

My mother absolutely hates when children, even if they're actually adults, call their parents by their first name. When Gino said "Melissa" I immediately thought he got off easy because my mom would flip. Though, then again, we knew (and obviously still do) to never ever. My mom a while ago when we watched together heard Chris Manzo (don't remember the ep) say Caroline, he was trying to be funny about something, but still she immediately thought less of Chris.

On to my other parent and the reason I currently came on the board just now. I was out shopping with my father as we were leaving the store we passed by a guy with a shit dye job and he casually asked me "think that guys from the Joe Gorga hair school?" He doesn't follow seasons but these people, and that black shitty spray, have certainly left an impression on him from the times he has seen it. I've  raised dragged him down well.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't have a problem with Teresa bringing Gia into the conversation.  Gia is probably the one shouldering the greatest burden with her grandfather.  She is constantly hearing her grandfather complaining about her uncle.  Whatever issues Joe has with his father and his sister, he needs to put them aside and think about his niece.  She should be hanging out with her friends and trying to figure out her future, not being the emotional and physical support for an elderly man.  The poor girl has already had to grow up before her time with her parents' antics, she does not need anything else.  I really feel for the girl.  

I feel for Gia too, but NOT for the reason(s) mentioned. Bringing a child (no matter how mature) into an adult argument is totally wrong. I blame Tre for putting ANY burden on Gia re: Nonno. That is Tre's responsible, not Gia's. Agree that Gia should be out with friends enjoying her teens & not "babysitting" her grandfather, but that is Tre's fault for putting that burden on Gia. 

Tre also needs to stop treating Gia like her girlfriend instead of a parent. That puts a lot on Gia's shoulders, making her feel responsible and getting involved in her parent's BS.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Giselle said:

I think she cares about Nonno for her husband's and children's sake but her feelings are tempered. For herself she doesn't expect anything but animosity from him as that is all he has shown her. When he dies she will mourn her husband's and children's loss and not so much her own.

You're right!!  I don't know how I overlooked the years of contempt we've seen from Nonno towards Melissa. Damn.... in the bigger picture, I guess I understand her feelings.

These people are all vile. It's like to trying to decide which piece of shit smells least offensive.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I blame Teresa, Juicy and her father for this.  They, not Joe Gorga, fucked up Gia's life. Teresa and Joe going to prison forced Gia to take on  issues, rolls and responsibility she shouldn't have had to.  Teresa seeing Nonno wallowing in his grief shouldn't have let it continue to the point that it is now affecting her children. She needs to get her dad help. Moving him back into that mausoleum of memories just exacerbated his loss and anger. Nonno needs to keep his grief and outbursts in check when he's around the girls who are still quite young.

Joe calling every day and coming by once a week isn't going to make it any better. The deeper problems lie with Teresa and her father, until that is addressed & on the path to repair there is nothing Joe can do that will be of real help.Teresa and her dad will always be bitching about something else just as they have always done.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

But if Gia is feeling burdened by her grandfather, that doesn't necessarily make it Joe's problem.  I agree 100% that she should be hanging out with friends, and not have any more cares in this world than she already does.  But I don't think bringing her into an adult conversation alleviates that burden.  I think it increases it.  Teresa is treating Gia like she is her damn husband, asking Gia to come in on her side, because "it's two against one." Ugh, grow up!

12 hours ago, MsTree said:

I feel for Gia too, but NOT for the reason(s) mentioned. Bringing a child (no matter how mature) into an adult argument is totally wrong. I blame Tre for putting ANY burden on Gia re: Nonno. That is Tre's responsible, not Gia's. Agree that Gia should be out with friends enjoying her teens & not "baby sitting" her grandfather, but that is Tre's fault for putting that burden on Gia. 

Tre also needs to stop treating Gia like her girlfriend instead of a parent. That puts a lot on Gia's shoulders, making her feel responsible and getting involved in her parent's BS.

If Teresa is the primary caregiver for her father, she should be the one setting healthy boundaries so that Gia is not burdened.  It should be something like, "Dad, Gia is not going to be available to bring you to and wait at a gravesite anymore. We'll set up a Lyft app on your phone, and we'll help you use it so that you can go see mom whenever you want.  Gia is busy studying."  And if he continued to bother Gia for rides after that? (Cause I just have a feeling he would get aggressive with her, the way he does with Melissa).  Well, hell should have no fury like a mother protecting her kids.  He can live in his own portion of the mausoleum with his own entrance, if he's going to try to give my kids guilt trips or make their lives any more difficult than they have to be.

22 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Anyone see the editing was a bit screwy during the dinner? One second everyone had pasta then seemingly during the same conversation as they transitioned to toasting Nona to Joe visiting there was cake too. Gia being 17 I can almost get her point of "but I have to hear this anyway" because she probably does have to listen to this stuff which she shouldn't, but that doesn't mean Joe needed to include her. Gia knows nothing yet about if its easy to stop over with a job and 3 kids. Melissa was right to call it "Adult talk" because they younger generation, if almost legally an adult, should not be involved in this and Joe doesn't need to be bitched at by a teenager. I don't even like Joe. Also it's impossible to come over and just see his father, living at Tre's, I mean is he suppose to drop by and ignore everyone else? You can't go there without listening to Tre's assorted bullshit I'm sure.

This!  Joe should have just said--hoping Teresa didn't call him on his bluff--"Teresa, you're right.  I don't get enough time with Dad.  Seeing as how I work 15 hour days (yeah...in what universe?), let's just have dad come live with me, so that I can more easily catch him in the wee hours of the morning or at night." Teresa would lose her shit.  Because it's not all about Nono by a long shot.  As I mentioned in a post upthread, Teresa wants Joe around as a surrogate husband (even before Joe Giudice went away) and hasn't fully accepted that he has a wife and a family outside of her, and they come first.  Bringing the dad to live with the Gorgas would be a power move, although I'm convinced Teresa would never go for it.  The Gorgas have, I think, a 15,000 square foot home.  They could make a space for him, and, again, set healthy boundaries so that Melissa is not caring for a fourth child. Then Teresa can stew in her own juices, and find something else to bitch about.  

I know it sounds like I'm on Joe's side, but I don't like any of them--Joe, Teresa, or Melissa.  They're all shallow, vapid idiots, and I don't know how they're raising such good children.  It's probably credit to the schools.  I have just seen, firsthand, how people can be so afraid to say or do anything around their elders, for fear of hurting their feelings, and it winds up really damaging the nuclear family.  I think, as far as elders go, their adult children should want to make the last chapters of their lives as comfortable as possible, but not at the expense of their own families.  Being old does not confer any right to be rude or abusive, and kudos to the people who have the strength and courage to protect their spouses and children from some really unhealthy treatment, regardless of who is doling it out.  That's what I'm seeing here.  If Kathy and Rosie's sweet old mother were to go ill or need housing, I think the reaction might be different.  

I am assuming they are just too broke to consider assisted living, and not too "old school."  Because, to me, that would be the perfect solution to the problem, and if they're not even considering it, I have no sympathy for any of them.

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I am assuming they are just too broke to consider assisted living, and not too "old school."  Because, to me, that would be the perfect solution to the problem, and if they're not even considering it, I have no sympathy for any of them.

don't you need a medical diagnosis/ prognosis to go into an assisted living ?  I too suspect Nonno has something wrong with him medically, but I hadn't heard what exactly.  I do agree that maybe being around other seniors who may have lost a spouse may be helpful.

And actually the same is good for Tre' - surely she has friends who now have one surviving parent.  Actually I thought Melissa lost her father years ago. Yes each person grieves differently but its been a year and talking/listing to Nonno one would think the passing was last week.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 11/17/2018 at 2:56 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I agree with this, but I think the problem is that Joe is not being honest about it. I mean, I get it would cause even more hell with Teresa, but if he is going to dig his heels into the ground anyway, he might as well come clean and say, "The old man has been horrible to me, and I'm now giving what feels right." Teresa is going to be pissed either way, but now he makes himself look like a passive-aggressive excuse-maker.

I thought, believe it or not, that maybe the Gorga's were being *gasp* tactful in not just saying, "Dad has always treated us like shit.  Why would we spend time with him?"  

These people are all so committed to this "We're Italian!  We're fambly!  We're blood!" bullshit, despite all the evidence of them stabbing each other in the back, in-fighting, treating each other terribly.  I think many people would be able to relate to him if he said, "My dad and I have had a complicated relationship for years.  I spend as much time with him as I can without it causing hurt for my family and me."

• Love 5
7 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

But if Gia is feeling burdened by her grandfather, that doesn't necessarily make it Joe's problem.  I agree 100% that she should be hanging out with friends, and not have any more cares in this world than she already does.  But I don't think bringing her into an adult conversation alleviates that burden.  I think it increases it.  Teresa is treating Gia like she is her damn husband, asking Gia to come in on her side, because "it's two against one." Ugh, grow up!

If Teresa is the primary caregiver for her father, she should be the one setting healthy boundaries so that Gia is not burdened.  It should be something like, "Dad, Gia is not going to be available to bring you to and wait at a gravesite anymore. We'll set up a Lyft app on your phone, and we'll help you use it so that you can go see mom whenever you want.  Gia is busy studying."  And if he continued to bother Gia for rides after that? (Cause I just have a feeling he would get aggressive with her, the way he does with Melissa).  Well, hell should have no fury like a mother protecting her kids.  He can live in his own portion of the mausoleum with his own entrance, if he's going to try to give my kids guilt trips or make their lives any more difficult than they have to be.

This!  Joe should have just said--hoping Teresa didn't call him on his bluff--"Teresa, you're right.  I don't get enough time with Dad.  Seeing as how I work 15 hour days (yeah...in what universe?), let's just have dad come live with me, so that I can more easily catch him in the wee hours of the morning or at night." Teresa would lose her shit.  Because it's not all about Nono by a long shot.  As I mentioned in a post upthread, Teresa wants Joe around as a surrogate husband (even before Joe Giudice went away) and hasn't fully accepted that he has a wife and a family outside of her, and they come first.  Bringing the dad to live with the Gorgas would be a power move, although I'm convinced Teresa would never go for it.  The Gorgas have, I think, a 15,000 square foot home.  They could make a space for him, and, again, set healthy boundaries so that Melissa is not caring for a fourth child. Then Teresa can stew in her own juices, and find something else to bitch about.  

I know it sounds like I'm on Joe's side, but I don't like any of them--Joe, Teresa, or Melissa.  They're all shallow, vapid idiots, and I don't know how they're raising such good children.  It's probably credit to the schools.  I have just seen, firsthand, how people can be so afraid to say or do anything around their elders, for fear of hurting their feelings, and it winds up really damaging the nuclear family.  I think, as far as elders go, their adult children should want to make the last chapters of their lives as comfortable as possible, but not at the expense of their own families.  Being old does not confer any right to be rude or abusive, and kudos to the people who have the strength and courage to protect their spouses and children from some really unhealthy treatment, regardless of who is doling it out.  That's what I'm seeing here.  If Kathy and Rosie's sweet old mother were to go ill or need housing, I think the reaction might be different.  

YES!

• Love 2

Did Gia say she's forgone hanging out with her friends in order to spend every extra minute she has with her grandfather? Personally, I don't believe that for a second.

What happened to the pizza place, and Teresa's career as a yoga instructor?

• Love 3

The pizza place closed I think.

I don’t believe Joe works 15 hours a day..what does he do again? Construction?

Anyways the grandpa is a jerk. I’m sorry it’s sad he lost his wife but he seems like a complete asshole. I don’t think any of the stuff he does is cute or funny. He’s also terrible to Melissa. If Joe just saw him 2 weeks ago that seems good enough to me. Maybe he shouldn’t have treated his son and his sons family so terrible all those years. 

I sound like an asshole but I don’t think it’s fair to just expect ppl to drop everything for someone who seems pretty terrible. I’m on no ones side tho cause all of these ppl are morons lol.

• Love 12

When Jennifer had her "domestic" scene and she was cooking dinner...

Her son said what are we having for dinner?

Jennifer said roasted chicken.

Her son said I hate roasted chicken!

Was it just me...who thought...looks like you like roasted chicken a bit too much and maybe you should be more physically active.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

When Jennifer had her "domestic" scene and she was cooking dinner...

Her son said what are we having for dinner?

Jennifer said roasted chicken.

Her son said I hate roasted chicken!

Was it just me...who thought...looks like you like roasted chicken a bit too much and maybe you should be more physically active.

Nah, I thought that he's allowed to forgo the roasted chicken and zap a bunch of Hot Pockets for his dinner. 

• Love 6
On 11/15/2018 at 2:39 AM, sATL said:

Jennifer - kids ages 5,7,9,11,13...  at first it sounded like lotto numbers and/or clothing sizes

9 bedrooms, 16 bathrooms, movie theater, basketball court - sounds like a ballers house  ... loved the foyer though.

foyer.png.803583dbd716958fa49f8130e7e3ef71.png

I  kind of adore her (can´t wait to regret that decision, lol). Exciting story about the almost arranged-marriage. Her husband was gorgeous on their wedding day. When they were at the axe-throwing place (this will sound dumb) - I thought they had invited Jacqueline, and I was in ave of how great she looked, she was like a younger, happier version of herself. Well duh. That´s so typical, I´ve never been able to tell most of these Jersey women apart, the season with twins was the literal worst for me. So glad Siggy is gone because now I instantly recognize Dolores (I hated them both though).

I don´t like Teresa, never have, but I´ve never hated her and I thought she looked pretty good tbh. I´m not seeing that much difference, maybe she went from a 7 down to a 6. But when they´re constantly showing flash-backs I noticed that her nose has changed... That´s really weird because her nose now looks a lot fatter than it did.

I´ve always "liked" Melissa and I hoped she and Teresa would finally get on, I guess this seasons main storyline is about that all falling apart. Danielle is a scary horrible person, but as a real housewife she is in the top 10 for me. Probably my favorite from New Jersey, so it´s not cool that she´s been demoted to a friend.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1