Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Easter Wives Hunt

• Start Topic

Dolores hosts a hatchet-throwing party, giving the ladies a chance to take out their aggressions; Teresa re-ignites the Gorga/Giudice feud; Margaret prepares for an important business trip as her mother gets ready for a facelift.

Airs 11/14/18 at 9:00 PM Eastern

• Love 2

OMG.  The one season  Armenian wife from BH has re marketed herself and now lives in NJ, or, she has an identical sister.  Hate her already.

And, now they're all going to Oklahoma.  Before you go ladies, call Vicki from OC!  Apparently, they have strange food there!

• Love 9

Jennifer - kids ages 5,7,9,11,13...  at first it sounded like lotto numbers and/or clothing sizes

9 bedrooms, 16 bathrooms, movie theater, basketball court - sounds like a ballers house  ... loved the foyer though.

foyer.png.803583dbd716958fa49f8130e7e3ef71.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6

16 BATHROOMS??! (yes I’m saying that in the same tone as ENGAGED 19 TIMES!!?) I already can’t with this less-attractive Peggy Sulahian and her “traditional” Turkish husband. 

Good Gawd why is Teresa wearing a tight-ass hoochie clubbing dress in her house... to host Easter? 

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

I'm watching Nonno Gorga and am finding him to be a bit of a nightmare.  I know his wife has died but he's wallowing in self pity.  It's inappropriate to complain about his son to his daughter the way that he's done (although I'm sure Teresa likes being the golden girl) - she could actually be supportive of Joe Gorga to her dad - that has to have contributed to the rocky relationship between Teresa and Joe Gorga.  I can't believe how demanding Gorga Senior is.

Old man Gorga has been the same person since the first time we met him. He’s always been a grump and not in an endearing way. He and his wife always stuck for Teresa and juicy over their son. I haven’t watched nj in years and I still don’t it was on while I was working but I still remember Teresa’s parents as a piece of work.

• Love 13

Yea, I think Melissa's kids may be worse than Teresa's. Gino with his, "Melissa"? Boy, bye. Joe just sets a horrible example for his sons; they don't respect their mother at all. 

And he's being a shitty son as well. Sorry, I'm with Teresa. And Gia. Quit using the work excuse. I get he finds time for other stuff he wants to do. A call? You're Syu busy you can't even make a call? Call your dad while commuting!

And it really bothered me that they acted like it was all Teresa's fault, like she just brought it up out of nowhere. No no had been complaining the entire day! 

Danielle is still as nuts as ever. And predictable too. Frank was right. Just let things play out. I've been the one who knew someone was no good and tried desperately to get others to see what I saw. Doesn't work. You gotta be patient, but people will show their true colors. Margaret needs to carefully weigh these red flags. Friends don't dictate who your other friends are. 

And that cheating comment? Fuck you. I'd be done right then and there.

New wives? It's premature, but I might like Jackie. I related to her saying she starts the day vowing not to yell, but has failed 5 minutes in. SO me. 

Jennifer, however, is a mess. Her children appear very coddled and her husband is a pig. I have a fairly traditional arrangement myself; and consulting your partner about a trip is just a matter of respect. But he started acting like a baby who couldn't handle her doing anything on her own. Made me very unconfirmed.

• Love 21

I thought Teresa, Joe and Melissa all handled the situation poorly but they all kept their calm for the most part and didn't allow the situation to escalate into something that would be hard to come back from. Their father confronted Joe about the fact that he doesn't call or visit so they shouldn't have acted like Teresa was creating a story out of thin air and influencing their father's feelings on the matter. I can understand how frustrating it is to have someone constantly complain to you about someone else and you have no control over the matter. However, Teresa should have addressed the situation separately away from the kids and their dad. Gia was quite reasonable in her suggestion and I have to say that I lean toward Teresa and Gia's side of the argument here. I get that life gets busy and you fall out of touch with people you wish you had more time for, but in all of that, I don't think I heard Joe once say that he felt bad about being so busy and not being able to keep in touch more often (though I'm sure he does) and in all of that, he never once said that he would at least try to do better. He just kept doubling down that he was always so busy.

Just my theory but I think Dolores is afraid of Frank holding anything back from her because she'll quickly run out of excuses for why she keeps him in her life when he's not honest with her. I think deep down, she's waiting and hoping that Frank will do something, anything, to redeem himself to her and give her confidence to take him back without feeling like shit about it.

That fitness lady was a real ass when she told Teresa that she was standing there looking like a pile of shit. But I otherwise appreciated her sternness...Teresa new better than to push back on her.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 10

If the hubby is so traditional , why on earth would he agree to be on RHO* ? I kinda wish the final answer was no - on the grounds it wasn't discussed first before giving an answer and she knows what kind of schedule he keeps.

Tre' do tell us how are you going to lose 4 lbs in 3 weeks ?

Not to overly criticize her ambition for entering a body building contest (i'm seeing this as more of a bucket list item) - but is there a SR level category ? A 40 yr old isn't (or shouldn't) be in the same category as a 20 yr old...

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

That is hilarious, it was very strange.

That waiting room didn't look very "cleanse-y", either.  Weird!  I'm guessing it was a private plastic surgery clinic, but it seemed strange to me, too.

8 minutes ago, sATL said:

If the hubby is so traditional , why on earth would he agree to be on RHO* ? I kinda wish the final answer was no - on the grounds it wasn't discussed first before giving an answer and she knows what kind of schedule he keeps.

Tre' do tell us how are you going to lose 4 lbs in 3 weeks ?

Not to overly criticize her ambition for entering a body building contest (i'm seeing this as more of a bucket list item) - but is there a SR level category ? A 40 yr old isn't (or shouldn't) be in the same category as a 20 yr old...

I'm guessing for self-promotion - he's a plastic surgeon.  Maybe hoping to be the East Coast version of Terry Dubrow?  

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, bagger said:

Teresa’s father is also not amusing at all. Neither was her mother. Her father seems very angry all the damned time.

I know the man is grieving... but I do wonder if there is another health issue going on..and I am sure all of "wine" isn't helping.

I kinda wish they would at least state what foodies are on the table.... what was that pie looking dish (there were two of them) that Tre carried to the table, before they sat down ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, bagger said:

Teresa’s father is also not amusing at all. Neither was her mother. Her father seems very angry all the damned time.

He seems very drunk all the time!

30 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Would someone please tell me exactly what Joe does for a living?  To say he doesn’t have any time is bull.  

He has "businesses." I wonder if he still has the big blue garbage truck?

Is Frank flipping houses as a new way to launder his former clients' money? I'd get a second opinion before I signed any documents, Delores. Eh, what am I saying? That one will get what she deserves.

I don't even remember the new ladies' names but they and their kids annoy me already.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

He seems very drunk all the time!

He has "businesses." I wonder if he still has the big blue garbage truck?

Is Frank flipping houses as a new way to launder his former clients' money? I'd get a second opinion before I signed any documents, Delores. Eh, what am I saying? That one will get what she deserves.

I don't even remember the new ladies' names but they and their kids annoy me already.

Didn't Frank and Dolores own a couple of gyms last season?  Also, how could he be flipping a house in NJ if he is spending so much time in Florida?  

• Love 4

In my world I get what Joe Gorga means when he says he doesn't have time to visit his father. My husband works long hours, attends all our children's sporting events, and he is renovating our home. When Joe G. says he doesn't have time though I have to question what the hell he is doing all day. Also- why can't Nonno go see them at their house? My in laws live 2 miles away and see our kids once a month and bitch about how they never see the kids. Nothing is stopping you from coming over! Side note- my husband and Mother in law own a business together (not for long though- they too are an Italian family and my mother in law is pulling the same shit Nonno is- trash talking us to everyone else in the family and trying to pit me and my sister in law against each other). I really don't look forward to watching this story line play out- hits too close to home. 

They just opened an Ax throwing bar downtown- I may need to go check it out soon! 

ETA: I get where Teresa is coming from and I really don't like her or her brother but I feel like he's gotten the shit end of the stick a lot of the times and I see it happening in my own life. My SIL is the queen bee and my husband might as well be crap in our Italian family so I can't hate on him completely. 2 weeks isn't that long especially when cars and phone calls can go both ways. 

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Mountainair said:

In my world I get what Joe Gorga means when he says he doesn't have time to visit his father. My husband works long hours, attends all our children's sporting events, and he is renovating our home. When Joe G. says he doesn't have time though I have to question what the hell he is doing all day. Also- why can't Nonno go see them at their house? My in laws live 2 miles away and see our kids once a month and bitch about how they never see the kids. Nothing is stopping you from coming over! Side note- my husband and Mother in law own a business together (not for long though- they too are an Italian family and my mother in law is pulling the same shit Nonno is- trash talking us to everyone else in the family and trying to pit me and my sister in law against each other). I really don't look forward to watching this story line play out- hits too close to home. 

They just opened an Ax throwing bar downtown- I may need to go check it out soon! 

Teresa's father won't go to Joe's house because he hasn't been invited, that we know of.  He is a stubborn old-school Italian, and would rather wait to be invited by his daughter-in-law and complain non-stop about it than call his son and beg him to let him come over for a visit.  It's a foolish pride thing.  

I know a few of my friends' Dads are exactly the same.  

• Love 10

I’m no Tre fan (by a long shot) but to me she seemed genuinely stressed about the Nonno/Joe situation and not actively enjoying being the golden child (in this particular instance) or trying to start drama. And all Joe had to do to diffuse the tension was to be an adult and say, “You’re right - I should make more of an effort”, even if he was convinced he couldn’t actually do it because famewhoring takes up 110% of his time or whatever. But he’s Joe, so...

Now, Teresa loses me again in the previews when she tells Melissa to control her husband. The fuck? Apparently Margaret is not the only castmember who lives in a glass house...

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ladle said:

...I'm not at all interested in the Teresa bikini competition storyline-- like AT. ALL. -- but I do kind of love that someone isn't kissing Tre's ass for once...

...Again, not that I care at all about Tre's bikini diet, but was she eating breaded chicken at dinner?...

Yea I feel like those trainer ladies were brought on to play the tough, hard-ass roles. But nonetheless, I agree with you.

It looked like salmon or some kind of fish on her Easter plate to me, but who knows?? 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Well, let's see....he could be working at his construction company, which has no website, or he could be working at the pizza/Italian restaurant, or he could be driving around different North Jersey towns in his big, giant truck, looking to shred papers, or he could be looking for the next autotuned singing star to construct a fake studio in their basement.  No wonder the guy works 15 hours a day!!!  

That still leaves 9 hrs. I'll give him a couple of hours for sex, so that is 7 hrs to make phone call or pop by for a drink and sleep. 

Joe doesn't stay in constant touch with his dad because he does not want to.  Sad, but it is what it is. And Melissa knows this and perhaps why. Otherwise while he is sitting on his ass at the dinner table waiting for a plate, she could remind him to call his dad. Or call him while you're at a red light or sitting on the toilet. 

Now and I would say that communication is a two-way activity. And Nonno might just need to reach out to Joe as opposed to always complaining about it - be a persistent pest.  If Nonno doesn't drive - Tre or Melissa could pick him up (or call a service) and take him over to Melissa/Joes for a meal or conversation.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

I get the sense that Joe and Melissa have set some healthy emotional boundaries with Nonno, and that work is just the convenient line that they spout. Honestly, if Nonno is a hurtful and emotionally abusive man towards his son, why should Joe be subjecting himself to that kind of treatment more than at a minimum? 

• Love 22

Does anyone else wonder why, when there is a plastic surgeon on the show (or his wife), you never see the housewives going to him?  Margaret's mother went all the way into NY for her surgery, when the new girl's husband is close by.  

We've seen it on RHOBH, with Paul Nassif, and on RHOC, with Terry Dubrow.  

• Love 2

Well, like many of you have stated, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm on team Tre with 'their' father.  He's just as much his father as he is Tre's.  Tre has him 24/7 and the least Joey can do is make a phone call.  This really gets to me because I went through the same thing with my brother and sister.  I was the one who was just expected to take care of my parents while my siblings made excuses.  Hey Joey, what would you do if your sister wasn't around?  Didn't your parents use to come to your house for dinner every weekend?  Yeah, your dad is a pain in the ass but you have responsibility too.

I just can't with Delores and her ex.  

Hate to admit it but I'm kind of liking the new ladies.  I don't think new girl is Peggy 2.0.  New girl (does anyone remember her name) has fun with the other ladies and kind of stood up to her husband. And she does seem to have a sense of humor.  Maybe her husband will come into the 21st century now that his wife doesn't willingly bow to him.  And she has started to get her own income.  Time will tell.  

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Didn't Frank and Dolores own a couple of gyms last season?  Also, how could he be flipping a house in NJ if he is spending so much time in Florida?  

I remember that Delores started working at a gym either as a partner or as an employee. Either way, she was accused of not working or doing what she was supposed to. I don't remember Frank being part of that.

What was that sad noodle dish that Theresa made for Easter? Her mother truly was the cook in that family, despite Tre's many cookbooks.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Does anyone else wonder why, when there is a plastic surgeon on the show (or his wife), you never see the housewives going to him?  Margaret's mother went all the way into NY for her surgery, when the new girl's husband is close by.  

We've seen it on RHOBH, with Paul Nassif, and on RHOC, with Terry Dubrow.  

My guess would be that in case something goes terribly wrong. You wouldn't want to be in the same social circle/community as the doctor who killed or maimed you or your family.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, MrsPatrickBateman said:

Tree is having her dad live with her so she has him 24/7. An old school Italian guy who feels family is everything and is still grieving the death of his wife. That has to be a lot to deal with on top of everything else in her life right now. 

For someone who portrays this image of being all about the family can't find time for his dad is ridiculous. Make time. He has already lost his mom, understand time is precious and make time for your father who is desperately flailing and has lost his life basically with his wife. She was his everything and he is at a loss and it's so sad to see on screen, I can't imagine in daily life. His father is old school and he knows it. Stop acting like your father is an unwanted chore or burden and go to lunch with him or talk while you're going to a different job site. When Tree said he wants to see you more say ok. Not act like she called you garbage or threw your sprinkle cookies in the trash

Speaking of "Sprinkle Cookies" that's what I screamed at the TV when Melissa walked in holding a bakery box.

I'm team Teresa/Gia/Nonno - Joe could easily spend 5 minutes of each day to make a call to his father. They already filmed a dinner scene at Melissa's house with the kids. Even if none of them had the time to pick him up/drop him off - they could have UBER'd him over for dinner. Sadly though, I don't think it will change. you can tell the difference between his relationship with Teresa's kids vs. Joe's kids. Joe's kids look at Nonno like he's a stranger.

Joe is such a whiny creep. You know when his father dies, he'll be the one throwing himself on the coffin - to quote Kelly Dodd - you're a little bitch

• Love 23

I'm lost...

(1) why go to the children's hospital in Oklahoma to discuss/show children's hospital gowns ? Wouldn't it make sense to start off with a children's hospital close to home, as the pilot for the gowns ? Is the hospital in Oklahoma like St. Jude (which I thought was only 1 location in the US) - in that it is a very specialized treatment facility for children ?

(2) Marge said she was inspired when she had her gallbladder removed and she was on  the children's floor...   just why was she on the children's floor, in the first place ? I mean they only keep you in the hospital for a couple of days and she went off sight seeing to the children's floor? Plus I would think the children's floor would have security...

• Love 4

Don't Joe and T live in the same town? Joe should be able to stop by on his way home from work one day a week and give the old man an hour or two. 

I wish they (BRAVO) would stop trying to make pigtails mother happen. And the love story of pigtails and her husband that willingly had an affair with her while she was married. None of them have an ounce of class. 

The new one married to the plastic surgeon. "Thank you for letting me go on this trip".  Girl, you agreed to be on this show. There are going to be lots of trips, dinners out, stupid functions (hatchet throwing) that your master is going to have to let you go on. He had to have known this. 

Danielle and her crying fit, leaving her own kitchen and pigtails having to find her way out the door. Priceless. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, MsDiva2007 said:

Why doesn’t joe invite his dad over for a week or a weekend. I mean really ? When he dies he will be acting a fool and was not present in the mans life!

Amen - I've seen it happen.  I had a family member do the same thing and then cry and cry and cry when my dad passed.   

While Teresa's timing could have been better, she's probably sick of listening to Nono complain about Joe.    I probably would have done the same thing - "YOU tell him why you don't visit him".  It's not like we didn't have an entire season of Joe whining about his relationship with his parents.   Well, buddy...now's your chance and - oh - "too busy working 15 hours a day" (on what, exactly?)   I'm sure Nono is no fun to be around (understandably), but there is no reason why Joe can't stop by there once a week for an hour.  At the very least, it gives Nono something to look forward to, and relieves some of the pressure on Tre and the girls.   

The Gorga's have to eat - why not pick Nono up for pizza once a week?

• Love 9

I completely support adult children drawing healthy boundaries with toxic parents... but that would hold more water if Joe hadn’t been whining for years that he wants his father in his life. 

• Love 22
13 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

Amen - I've seen it happen.  I had a family member do the same thing and then cry and cry and cry when my dad passed.   

While Teresa's timing could have been better, she's probably sick of listening to Nono complain about Joe.    I probably would have done the same thing - "YOU tell him why you don't visit him".  It's not like we didn't have an entire season of Joe whining about his relationship with his parents.   Well, buddy...now's your chance and - oh - "too busy working 15 hours a day" (on what, exactly?)   I'm sure Nono is no fun to be around (understandably), but there is no reason why Joe can't stop by there once a week for an hour.  At the very least, it gives Nono something to look forward to, and relieves some of the pressure on Tre and the girls.   

The Gorga's have to eat - why not pick Nono up for pizza once a week?

I'm the daughter that takes care of everything father related, he is 91 and doing fine but still...my sister rarely calls or visits (she lives an hour and 15 min away), I get all the responsibility but when she comes to town it all my father can talk about...I feel for Tre, as unbelievable it was to type, I do feel for her.

Joey will regret not spending time when his father is not around anymore and somehow blame Tre for him missing time with his father.

• Love 15

Absolutely on Teresa's side in this one.  As a daughter who is responsible for everything while my brother damn near gets an award just for showing up once a year, I feel for her.  Nono himself expressed to Joe that wants to see/hear from him more.  For Joe (& Melissa) to get angry with Teresa for that was ridiculous.  Teresa has Nono 24/7 and Joe can't be bothered to make a daily phone call?  Bullshit.  Especially considering we saw him bitch & moan about how he longed to be closer to his parents and was jealous that they doted on Teresa.  Here is your chance buddy, step it up.  

• Love 18
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Especially when he had to steal borrow money from his clients to make payroll at the gym! 

Something smells rotten in the petunia patch.

• Love 7

Danielle's reaction to Margaret going to an event Dolores planned was too much. They are on a show, they will interact. Danielle doesn't have a problem that she became friends with Teresa who was already friends with Dolores. Danielle also gets along with Melissa and doesn't have a problem with Melissa getting along with Dolores.

That said, while I understand they are on a show and they will talk about each other, Dolores shouldn't have said those things at the hatchet party about Danielle (meaning disclosing the details of their conversation) She could have just said Danielle was upset and landed a low blow with the cheating comment.

• Love 5

We are also watching another Joe in the making with at least one of Joe’s sons.  The adults were discussing Joe needing to be more present and the kid interrupts to say he wants to do the Easter egg hunt (or, something like that). The kid doesn’t say excuse me, the adults don’t say they were talking or anything to indicate he was being rude, Teresa and Melissa just jump up from the table to cater to the rude, little twerp.  Yep.  Another male Gorga being treated like the sun rises just for him.  

• Love 16