Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E17: Friends and Enemas

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, kicksave said:

Vicki is truly a horrible person. Life insurance policies on her ex??? OMG! What a disgusting thing to do. Vicki...your "boyfriend" is not "hot". He's tolerant of you...that is all. These women  take cosmetic surgery so lightly. Plenty of people have had serious complications from these kinds of surgeries. They just cannot accept the aging process and continue to think of themselves as being in their early 30's. Grow up and age gracefully. Vicki looks like a plastic mask that would melt in the heat. She's become obsessed with these procedures and doesn't even tell the surgeon about her health issue before surgery...how irresponsible is that? 

And I bet if she would have died or had some serious complications, they would have sued the doc. But clearly she was in the wrong and wouldn't have won because it's all on the show that It would have been her fault. Bleh. Her son actually seemed concerned about her too. So odd to see him not acting embarrassed by her.  

I hate Tamra but her old lady getup did make me smile.  It was nice to see her, Shannon and Vicki hanging out.  True, it's because they all dislike the same people, but still nice. 

Emily can stuff it. She's way too thirsty for me. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, la patineuse said:

While I agree there is something more to Gina's split from her husband, LA to south Orange County would be a nightmare commute and if he works long hours, I can see him living in LA during the week.  For a few years, I commuted from Torrance to Irvine which was a straight shot down the 405.  But it was almost a 100 mile round-trip/one-hour drive each way in bumper-to-bumper traffic for half the way, and that was on a good day; it was awful and I couldn't take it anymore, so I moved to Irvine after three years commuting.  LA's a big place (technically, the city of LA goes from San Pedro into the San Fernando Valley), and I don't know where in LA Gina's husband works, but downtown is about 20 miles from where I lived in Torrance and the Valley is about 30 miles from Torrance (that's only to about the 101, so the north Valley is even farther).  Coto is a about 20 miles from Irvine.  I don't think he works in San Pedro, so he would probably be commuting twice as far as my commute (anywhere from 90 to 100 miles one-way) and in worse traffic for a longer time.  I bet it would take over two and a half or three hours to drive that in rush hour traffic, although it would be a lot less if he left really early from home, like around 5:00 am, and started for home after 8:00 pm.  In southern California, it's not just the distance of the commute---it's the amount of time due to traffic.  I guess he could take Amtrak instead of driving, but that would still take over two hours.  I have a co-worker whose husband makes the commute from Irvine to Pasadena each day and that would be a shorter drive than from Coto to LA, but it's still a crazy drive and I don't know how he does it.

What I don't get is why Gina stayed in OC instead of moving up to LA with her husband.

He lives in "Northern LA", where ever that is.  No specification on west, central, or east.  But no matter what it would mean a lot of shitty driving in a lot of shitty traffic driving through a large swath of LA.  At least Torrance to Irvine is opposite traffic (for what little good that does since it seems like it is still bad enough).  He'd be with traffic getting up to LA and then probably opposite once in LA, but traversing LA in rush hour is bullshit no matter the direction.  I think your estimate of 2.5-3 hours is not outlandish at all, as horrible as that sounds.  

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I agree. She could have ordered a low and long (real flowers) centerpiece for them all to enjoy and then let it go home with the birthday girl Gina. 

That would have been a lot more expensive than the Costco/Sam's Club vase arrangements she picked up.

2 hours ago, kicksave said:

Vicki looks like a plastic mask that would melt in the heat. 

Already happened in Jamaica 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Like Lizzie's birthday party years ago- Tamra called "sick" and couldn't make it, the rest of the women bailed... it was a pathetic display.  At least Gina didn't rent a party bus!

Oh, I remember that! Lizzie got super drunk and yelled at her husband to "get a boner" once in awhile. These women spend so much money on surgery, yet their husbands won't fuck them.

IIRC, Tamra didn't come because she said her kid was sick. Riiiight. Didn't even specify which "kid." I only remember because of Tamra's annoying inflection: "my ked is seck." What accent is that? 

Come to think of it, all six of them have voices/accents that are odd, especially Gina and Emily. When either one of them speak, I want to get into the fetal position. Kelly's voice is the least weird, but her presentation is so odd and s******. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Beachdreamer said:

Vicky says to Steve,  "Shannon is coming over and she hasn't pooped since the surgery so we might have to help her."  And Steve repeats, incredulously, "Since the surgery?"

Really Steve?  The only way that is the most shocking part of that sentence is if the surgery was 4 years ago.  He didn't even question HOW or WHY "WE" would help her? 

They all are so stupid that I’m surprised they didn’t call David over to do the honors and think nothing of it, hahahahaha.

• Love 6

So, I'm watching this for the first time now. I think that Vicki looks really good! Like, really good! I think it's really cute that Vicki, Tamra, and Shannon can all hang out being silly, with Steve there, and be comfortable. That's a sign of healthy friendship.

Emily is as fake as they come. Kelly is all over the place and a follower. Gina thinks she keeps it real, but trying to get into a clique that she bashes to their faces is naive. Tamara, Vicki, and Shannon are the most comfortable in their skin, and have the most genuine relationships. It will be interesting to see how this season unfolds. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I saw a pic of Matt on the Internet, and he is alright looking, in a very generic Long Island way.

What does a "very generic Long Island way" mean?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Oh, I remember that! Lizzie got super drunk and yelled at her husband to "get a boner" once in awhile. These women spend so much money on surgery, yet their husbands won't fuck them.

IIRC, Tamra didn't come because she said her kid was sick. Riiiight. Didn't even specify which "kid." I only remember because of Tamra's annoying inflection: "my ked is seck." What accent is that? 

Come to think of it, all six of them have voices/accents that are odd, especially Gina and Emily. When either one of them speak, I want to get into the fetal position. Kelly's voice is the least weird, but her presentation is so odd and s******. 

Look at them.  One has big hard balloons, the other has a cut up face and the other is a neurotic nut job who needs help to poop.  I’m surprised Steve hasn’t run for the hills yet.  Ickey HAS to be doing him I’m ashamed to say.  What else could it be?

5 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Handsome, intelligent and sharp.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, la patineuse said:

While I agree there is something more to Gina's split from her husband, LA to south Orange County would be a nightmare commute and if he works long hours, I can see him living in LA during the week.  For a few years, I commuted from Torrance to Irvine which was a straight shot down the 405.  But it was almost a 100 mile round-trip/one-hour drive each way in bumper-to-bumper traffic for half the way, and that was on a good day; it was awful and I couldn't take it anymore, so I moved to Irvine after three years commuting.  LA's a big place (technically, the city of LA goes from San Pedro into the San Fernando Valley), and I don't know where in LA Gina's husband works, but downtown is about 20 miles from where I lived in Torrance and the Valley is about 30 miles from Torrance (that's only to about the 101, so the north Valley is even farther).  Coto is a about 20 miles from Irvine.  I don't think he works in San Pedro, so he would probably be commuting twice as far as my commute (anywhere from 90 to 100 miles one-way) and in worse traffic for a longer time.  I bet it would take over two and a half or three hours to drive that in rush hour traffic, although it would be a lot less if he left really early from home, like around 5:00 am, and started for home after 8:00 pm.  In southern California, it's not just the distance of the commute---it's the amount of time due to traffic.  I guess he could take Amtrak instead of driving, but that would still take over two hours.  I have a co-worker whose husband makes the commute from Irvine to Pasadena each day and that would be a shorter drive than from Coto to LA, but it's still a crazy drive and I don't know how he does it.

What I don't get is why Gina stayed in OC instead of moving up to LA with her husband.

Why didn’t she go and visit him whil her parents were here to watch the kids?   Because he probably is living with his girlfriend, that’s why, and doesn’t want her there.  It will all come out when the divorce is settled,and it won’t be good for Gina.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

I dislike the ageism from the other women. Emily isn't really that much younger than the Tres Abuelas.

I really hate it.  What stunned me is next week is the season finale and NOTHING has happened.  We got to see Gina rip the tags off of a pillow and wear that retched eyeshadow AGAIN, we got to hear them age shame women who are not geriatric, we got to see a depressing AF happy hour in sequins with Gina's other friends no one cares about so I guess I am glad this season is over.  The newbies may not have sucked as badly as Peggy and Lydia (whose names I seriously had to think about) but come on, that is not saying much.  Tamra has gone one procedure too far.  Her face looks like it is made of stone and she looks very rodent like.  I guess that makes sense since I said last week all of her boys (at least) look like rodents.  I am guessing she and Eddie have reached a point where they have discovered there is more to a relationship than sex and they aren't sure they have much else going on.  

• Love 13

I'm already over Emily's wanting another child. She has 3 and 2 steps. Not sure what she thinks will happen to the other 8 embryos if she takes one. And perhaps the "two" daughters would not be all that close. 

Gina's offering nothing, imo.

• I think they both came onto the show insisting they become instant friends just because they were there? Life doesn't happen that way and neither helped any bonding other than stirring up shit. 
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, Marley said:

Honestly the grandma party seemed more fun to me. Mm pasta and wine. The sequin party no thanks. Emily’s decorating was kind of tacky looking and dollar storeish to me lol.

His old is Emily? She’s always age shaming but like isn’t she just about their age? I find her really annoying. Her tea party sucked too.

Kelly is somehow my fave. She cracks me up and she’s cute with her daughter.

Gina can go. 

Tamra definitely did not forget to call Gina and tell her she’s not coming. She did that on purpose.

My 1st thought was she is auditioning to be on Below Deck.  Or to get a job a as a low level catering person.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ladle said:

The most compelling thing about this episode was Kelly Dodd’s popsicle that appeared out of nowhere and then instantly disappeared, in the car scene. 

I know, like where did that come from?

Gina goes really heavy with Homegoods, geeze so much cheap stuff, a little decor goes a long way, she just filled a cart of random stuff and headed right for the check out. 

Oh yeah, before I forget...Casita!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

She is such a ditz.  Playing sex games.  Meanwhile, he’s placating her with kindness until the papers are signed.  And, what a waste with the cacida money wise.  What is the point if she’s still canoodling with him?  I think I remember her saying she doesn’t even have her own lawyer.  She’s in for some surprise.  That’s next season’s storyline for sure.  Gina and kids in a small 2 bedroom apartment doing her own nails while crying on the phone to everybody except Shannon.

Considering its CA I have to wonder if Gina could afford a 2 bedroom apt.  Around here they are over 3K/mo (for a regular apt).  Being divorced I expect her bills to go up and if she doesn't keep this gig, what is her work experience?  She may be fine, but she prob won't be able to stay at home.  3 in childcare, YIKES!

8 hours ago, la patineuse said:

I used to work with a woman whose husband commuted from Goleta (by Santa Barbara) to Glendale everyday.  I have no idea how he did it.  

I believe Gina said it was northern LA county.  So a fair distance.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I feel like the very next sentence in the post you quoted covered what the poster thought that meant.

6 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I saw a pic of Matt on the Internet, and he is alright looking, in a very generic Long Island way. Sort of spiky dark hair, tan...kind of like the guy that 22 year old girls fall for. In other words, not a Greek god by any means. Neither one of them is any prize, and they can't go their separate ways quickly enough.

10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Considering its CA I have to wonder if Gina could afford a 2 bedroom apt.  Around here they are over 3K/mo (for a regular apt).  Being divorced I expect her bills to go up and if she doesn't keep this gig, what is her work experience?  She may be fine, but she prob won't be able to stay at home.  3 in childcare, YIKES!

I used to work with a woman whose husband commuted from Goleta (by Santa Barbara) to Glendale everyday.  I have no idea how he did it.  

I believe Gina said it was northern LA county.  So a fair distance.

I know someone that did Santa Barbara to Glendale for while.  He took the train.  It didn't last long.  He got a new job.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, msblossom said:

Bravo, please ditch Emily and Gina! And give us Jeana Keough. 

New spin-off show: The OGs of the OC.  Vicki, Lauri, Gina, Tamra (not technically an OG but I'd rather see her than Jo or whatshername... Kimberly?).  They could maybe all travel around in a camper together performing challenges Road Rules style, and maybe not.  I haven't worked out all of the details yet.  You're welcome, Bravo! 

This reminds me: I was surprised that they didn't T.P. Jeanna's house during their pajama party, for old time's sake!  Does she still live around the corner from Vicki?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

EE87520D-27EE-47F5-A125-7461F9EDB8B0-8817-000006A0968DB39A.thumb.jpeg.43af89b9e8feed0ce4c6d29c0db332cf.jpeg

I'm just gonna put this here, because a picture is worth 1,000 words, and I think my fellow posters covered the topic for me already lol. I guess I just meant he looks like a type of guy that showed up a lot growing up on Long Island at the clubs and schools: a guy who, despite not having won the Powerball of genetics lottery, he is groomed, gymed, and tanned to within an inch of his life. I apologize to the 22 year olds. He looks more like a guy the 12 year olds would like. I'm NOT saying he's ugly. He's just not very sophisticated looking. I don't think the movers and shakers of Madison Ave, London, and Singapore tend to favor that look. He's just not someone I'd write home about. And not someone for whom I'd move into a casita! 

• Love 12

giphy.gifEver since Kelly first graced our screens, she reminded me of someone. Last night (as my mind wandered because this season is so boring), I realized she is giving me total Julie Cooper (from The O.C.) vibes. Julie was more interesting (duh) and a bit more malicious, but I really think there’s some similarities. And that’s what I got for this show- it’s so blah, I’m daydreaming about a decade-old teen drama. Please tell me someone else sees this?

00A949F3-2322-466A-9E16-D9FB5E9D09F7.jpeg

070C5261-ED8C-4FC1-971D-994EC4EEAFD7.jpeg

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 9
On 11/12/2018 at 6:41 PM, Mu Shu said:

There isn’t insurable interest  in an ex with no dependent children.  She had the policy prior to the divorce.  I’m not sure it’s valid, though.  

If he's paying spousal support to her, that would be an insurable interest.  It would certainly be legal if she was awarded the policy in the divorce.  She would be required to keep up the payments, though, which she said she was doing.  Otherwise, though, I don't know.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:05 PM, A-Lo said:

I am loving Gina's sparkly cocktail dressed friend celebrating her birthday in what is clearly an informal OC restaurant where the other patrons are wearing shorts, tee shirts, and jeans!  Was that all they could spring for?

People don't dress up much in Orange County -- most of the ritziest restaurants at the beach don't have a dress code.  It's not uncommon for the guy dressed in ratty boat clothes to be a multi-zillionaire.

• Love 6
On 11/12/2018 at 7:11 PM, noveltylibrary said:

wtf is a casita?  i hate when obsolete words are used that everyone's supposed to understand.

There seriously cannot be any other explanation.  None of this makes any sense.  And I learned the hard way men don't leave unless they found someone else.

Yeah - and sometimes they stay and try to keep both.  I think that's what Matt was getting away with, and the side piece was demanding he make a choice.  No surprise here that even after the separation, he tried to get some from Gina.  Good for her that she wasn't having it.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, jaync said:

Emily divulging her mother's mental issues and then bringing her on the show seems exploitative, and a little icky.

It's been a chore to watch at times, as was the last season of NY. Thank goodness for Dallas, which has been enjoyable all season.

I completely agree re: Emily. The first time she mentioned her mother, it seemed normal(ish). Then, it felt like she shoe-horned it in at every opportunity:

*I’m close with my MIL because my Mom is mentally ill

*Shannon concerns me because she reminds me of my mentally ill Mom

*I’m going to read this letter from my grandmother (which somehow I’ve never seen because Shane snuck it into the box from the hospital) who I was really close with because my Mom was mentally ill

*I was really close with sister because my Mom was mentally ill and need my daughter to have a sister even though I’m not mentally ill

*I’m sorry, Gina, it’s just you having a happy conversation with your mother makes me sad because I can’t have that with my mother because she is mentally ill!

I will say, as the daughter of a mentally ill mother, I felt for Emily (at first). But when I saw her mother is making an appearance next week, I felt a little disgusted. And, honestly, this storyline does not make Emily more interesting. Emily and her ugly tablescapes exhaust me. Not as exhausting as D’Andra is to LeeAnn’s pantyliner and weave, but exhausting nonetheless. I’m looking forward to Dallas tomorrow night!

• Love 21

You all already said EVERYTHING I thought so there is little left. 

Gina: She is SO howives conscious. At the coffee reading, she sucked her front teeth after sipping.  This means she saw buck toothed Carol on RHONY with the coffee stained teeth and was AWARE. I just hate that I know that obvious fact and it makes it so fake for me. She aspired to be a howife and it's inauthentic as it gets now. 

WOW! Up thread photo of a slimmed down Brianna-i thought it was Gina!!! We were so right in that they look alike! 

I didn't care about the tres abuelas party except it was cute how Shannon named it such and rude for Tam not to RSVP to Gina. 

Gina is stuck in the year 2000 in many many ways. That's when she likely peaked so she still emulates the style with the frosted eye shadows and phone sex stories. She is also always hunched over. Is she tall? She has a nice figure in a swimsuit but why,when dressed, does she look like a hunchback?  What is she doing and why? 

She made several remarks I found selfish. I think she enjoyed her soon to be ex's income most of all. She said she has "lost the privilege of going on vacation as a family." The tone of the comment along w/ the lament of the bikinis she bought and never got to use- was a bit telling. Now she said "the first time I won't get a birthday card from him." I felt like she wanted to say "a birthday GIFT." No reason a divorced couple who are "BFF" won't go on vacay or exchange cards. She knows the full story and isn't telling it. She needs to focus on the kids and not this tv show. 

Anyway they're all grimy but I still like Shannon and Kelly. Bring them back, ditch the rest.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

(re Social)

Thank you! Is the food really good? Just seemed like a ho-hum choice for a birthday dinner. 

Matt probably Kelsey'd Gina - he encouraged her to get on the show so she'd have money of her own after he left her. 

(and)

This. I'd actually like someone to ask her this. Because I know why her husband didn't want them to come, but I want to know what reason he sold her on. She doesn't work; there's absolutely no reason they couldn't all pack up and live together. 

Well, re "Social" on 19th....I've never been there.  Yelp reviews are 3.5 score.  Some 5's and also a fair number of 2's and 3's.  
https://www.yelp.com/biz/social-costa-mesa-2
CM can be a bit sketchy of a neighborhood.  Next to Social is a Pool Hall, Smoke Shop, 3 hole in the wall stores for nails, wellness, and Indian food. and then a chain Dental clinic, and then the Thrift store.

Definitely a downgrade from Monarch, or The Deck for that matter.

And your points about Gina/Matt are spot on.  I suppose they bought in OC and then felt stuck, although I think they could have rented their OC home out and dealt with a new home/rental in LA, or sold earlier when they knew he was going to work in LA.  Pimco is out of Newport Beach and maybe started there first.  Of course it could have been their marriage was on the skids early before filming and he said "you stay in OC and let's see if we miss each other so much that we'll want to make it work" and the answer came...."nope, we're done."

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

...Tamra's annoying inflection: "my ked is seck." What accent is that? 

Perfect.  You caught these strange grating voices, annoying when not screeching.  What a group!

• Love 3

Here's a thing that's been bugging me: We've seen Shane's sister/Emily's SIL a few times, and she looks like a normal person--maybe just like a bigger version of her mother.  How is it that Shane looks nothing like his sister & mother, but instead as if Mr. Furley and Mr. Roper had a love child, but without their level of sex appeal?

As for this season, it really hasn't been all that riveting.  However, for me, it wasn't nearly as tedious as the past two seasons of BH--as tiring as it is to hear about these women's divorces or see them get surgery on their faces again, for the millionth time in the case of Vicki, it is still much better than arguing over the absence of underwear or the use of proper stemwear, or even worse, watching "glam squads" apply makeup.  OC just needs to figure out what it wants to do with its cast; it started out to be "aspirational"-- a look behind the gates as it were.  That kind of went off the rails in the recession, but went back in that direction with Heather, and tried to go further that way with Shannon, MKE, Lydia and Peggy 2.0 (as boring as those last 2 were, they did have some money).  But with Emily and Gina, eh, it's not there.  Emily's inlaws may be loaded, but she comes off as solidly middle class with some cash (or big credit card debt) and Gina comes off as slightly better off than Lynn Curtain, until her divorce is final.  Then she'll be selling hot glued cuffs or reselling on Ebay all those tacky TJMaxx home decor items she has around the house.  (Who needs that many wreaths?!?!?)  OC's casting needs to pick a lane and stay in it: all wealthy, or better at faking wealth women, all women within a 20 year age range of each other, and women who know at least one other woman better than a mere tacit connection (like, ahem, just planning a party for one of them 4 years ago).  

• Love 21
10 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

So, I'm watching this for the first time now. I think that Vicki looks really good! Like, really good! I think it's really cute that Vicki, Tamra, and Shannon can all hang out being silly, with Steve there, and be comfortable. That's a sign of healthy friendship.

Emily is as fake as they come. Kelly is all over the place and a follower. Gina thinks she keeps it real, but trying to get into a clique that she bashes to their faces is naive. Tamara, Vicki, and Shannon are the most comfortable in their skin, and have the most genuine relationships. It will be interesting to see how this season unfolds. 

This season has already unfolded, next week is the season finale.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lizzing said:

OC's casting needs to pick a lane and stay in it: all wealthy, or better at faking wealth women, all women within a 20 year age range of each other, and women who know at least one other woman better than a mere tacit connection (like, ahem, just planning a party for one of them 4 years ago).  

I was just thinking this! None of these ho's seems to have any significant $ to speak of. It's just coming across as tacky wannabe level. I think the only ones with any real $ anymore are BH wives. Except for Dorit (I still think they're pretenders,too). The Girardi's seem like they only bathe in Fiji water. VanderPump comes across like she has more $ than God above. NY are most likeable and have a lot of $ for the standards of NY. Even Sonja is making it (if she can make it there, she can make it...anywhere). O.C. is just reminding me of those gaudy skytops they used to wear. Tacky.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

I was just thinking this! None of these ho's seems to have any significant $ to speak of. It's just coming across as tacky wannabe level. I think the only ones with any real $ anymore are BH wives. Except for Dorit (I still think they're pretenders,too). The Girardi's seem like they only bathe in Fiji water. VanderPump comes across like she has more $ than God above. NY are most likeable and have a lot of $ for the standards of NY. Even Sonja is making it (if she can make it there, she can make it...anywhere). O.C. is just reminding me of those gaudy skytops they used to wear. Tacky.

see, that all fascinates me.  I'm obsessed w/scammers, like that Anna Delvey who tricked her "investors" by kiting checks & ended up at Riker's.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/05/how-anna-delvey-tricked-new-york.html

I can't imagine just living a luxury lifestyle, doing whatever I want, my conscience tortures me over teeny things, so annoying, like if I was accidentally rude to someone!

I'd be up all night all the time worrying about when I'd be found out and what my consequences would be.  

But it's intriguing, that some people (*coughGuidicescough*) have no problem with that, it must be  a very "live in the now" mentality  which just sounds so free...and those people don't have to wake up and sit in cubicles all day long, like I'm doing right now....sigh...

• Love 11
On 11/12/2018 at 8:41 PM, Mu Shu said:

There isn’t insurable interest  in an ex with no dependent children.  She had the policy prior to the divorce.  I’m not sure it’s valid, though.  

My father died in Feb. He had been divorced from my step mom for 12 years, she kept a policy on him and got a large settlement last month, so yes, it can be done.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Lizzing said:

As for this season, it really hasn't been all that riveting.  However, for me, it wasn't nearly as tedious as the past two seasons of BH--as tiring as it is to hear about these women's divorces or see them get surgery on their faces again, for the millionth time in the case of Vicki, it is still much better than arguing over the absence of underwear or the use of proper stemwear, or even worse, watching "glam squads" apply makeup.

Yikes the BH housewives would die rather than be seen without 4 layers of false eyelashes, foundation spackled 3 inches deep and squeezed like sausages into weird outfits.  At least the Orange girls let it all hang out sometimes.  But for me the most entertaining franchise is New York.  They know how to fight, but they also know how to have fun.  And Bethany has the sharpest and funniest comebacks ever.  

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, teapot said:

my conscience tortures me over teeny things

Your entire post makes you my spirit animal?

Adding, I've always been a saver and hard worker. Living on any type of credit is bothersome to me. I have to have a clear conscience to go to bed every night. 

• Love 7

How can you take out life insurance on an ex? And why would you want to? It sounds unethical and incredibly selfish to want to profit off of the death of a former partner. But this is Vicki we're talking about so I'm not surprised and I'm even less surprised that she speaks of it so casually like it's no big deal.

• Love 3

Right now, if Donn dies Vicki would collect of a portion of his social security (only if his was higher then hers, and a few other details).  Is that an insurable interest?  I can't imagine it justifies a 1M policy.  Maybe it does, and the skies the limit!  Screw it, maybe a made up reason is good enough.  "At Coto, we can insure anybody you want to collect on."

But then if she marries Steve, she would lose Donn's SS benefit, and perhaps that insurable interest.  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know, like where did that come from?

Gina goes really heavy with Homegoods, geeze so much cheap stuff, a little decor goes a long way, she just filled a cart of random stuff and headed right for the check out. 

Oh yeah, before I forget...Casita!

Yeah. And she seems so proud of her decor! Giving a tour around the studio to her mom, her friends, etc. really weird. She must think she’s some decorator. She’s not. Also, I find it strange how excited she seems about the Casita! Casita! Casita!. Like she’s starting a new adventure fresh outta school and is all wide-eyed and eager and care-free. Please. You want to age-shame the three amigas? You are WAY to old to be painting your studio aqua and hanging signs up about glitter. There is nothing ‘fresh’ about you except being a fresh divorcée with three whiny kids dragging behind you. She’s in la-la-land. 

16 hours ago, ladle said:

The most compelling thing about this episode was Kelly Dodd’s popsicle that appeared out of nowhere and then instantly disappeared, in the car scene. 

I didn’t even see it...too busy playing Toy Blast and half-listening...

• Love 8
On 11/13/2018 at 3:21 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

I'd like to believe that the Ickster knows whether the insurance policy is legal and valid since she sells insurance, but it's her, so ?‍♀️

It isn't obsolete or even obscure in California.  It literally means little house and most people in Southern California know at least that much Spanish.  It isn't uncommon for it to be used to describe a pool house, guest house, or MIL quarters, especially in Real Estate listings because agents love to make shit sound fancy.

ok so it's obsolete here in lil ol' Massachusetts;)

• Love 3
On 12/11/2018 at 8:41 PM, Mu Shu said:
On 12/11/2018 at 8:38 PM, ivygirl said:

WTF how do you have life insurance on an ex???

Likely they had this life insurance on Donn while they were married. Often, if the couple divorces they make the beneficiary "irrevocable"  so the insured person cannot cancel the policy or make any changes to the policy without consent from the irrevocable beneficiary. Very common.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I assumed this meant “refined guido” (I’m italian)

17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

EE87520D-27EE-47F5-A125-7461F9EDB8B0-8817-000006A0968DB39A.thumb.jpeg.43af89b9e8feed0ce4c6d29c0db332cf.jpeg

I'm just gonna put this here, because a picture is worth 1,000 words, and I think my fellow posters covered the topic for me already lol. I guess I just meant he looks like a type of guy that showed up a lot growing up on Long Island at the clubs and schools: a guy who, despite not having won the Powerball of genetics lottery, he is groomed, gymed, and tanned to within an inch of his life. I apologize to the 22 year olds. He looks more like a guy the 12 year olds would like. I'm NOT saying he's ugly. He's just not very sophisticated looking. I don't think the movers and shakers of Madison Ave, London, and Singapore tend to favor that look. He's just not someone I'd write home about. And not someone for whom I'd move into a casita! 

Don’t kid yourself.  This generic looking Long Island guy probably just finished working out.  He probably went to a very good college and now either is a trader on Wall Street, or a Lawyer.  My spine surgeon looked similar to him and he comes from Long Island.  Correction ... Gina’s husband now works in L.A.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4