Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Primetimer

S09.E16 Again With This: Beverly Hills, 90210 Gives Donna A False Confession

Recommended Posts

I mean... yes, I start to love Kelly again the second Brandon leaves, so I'm biased. But truly, her boyfriend has a wife. She gets to be a bitch about it!

Everything about Gina was so wrong. They could've done so much better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The fact that Tara references Bart the Bear in this episode gives me so much joy. My husband and I have a running joke about him and the fact that casting directors typecast him into bear only roles.
"He could have been a goldfish, he could have been Jean Valjean, but he's always a bear!"

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Noah and Donna's separate realizations that Gina hates Donna and wanted to bust up their relationship...uh duh?  They heard her say as much Christmas/Donna's birthday.  Gina's still no Val, IMO, but she's at least providing some entertainment.  But I've noticed Vanessa Marcil definitely has some dialogue tics, she ends a lot of her lines with "okay."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Don't they only know Matt because he was dating Kelly? Why would they throw a brunch for him and his secret wife? And why would Dylan and Gina be there? They are barely dating and neither of them live there. It would make more sense for Kelly to be there than them. She is actually the only person that gives a shit about any of this, even if her feelings are that she doesn't like it. And so weird for Matt to be all lovey dovey in front of people he only knows because they are friends with the girl he is kind of dating except not because his secret wife is back for the time being. In real life, this would all be very awkward and Matt and Lauren would have their own apartment and would not be hanging out with his kind of girlfriends friends but not the girlfriend.

Edited by ZeroDiscipline
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

Yuck I hate Donna's nails so much. Those are also bad as a pedicure, in case anyone is wondering.

Yup, long French manis tended to be reserved for prom/weddings, and probably would have been regarded as trashy/strippery for an everyday look to someone of Donna’s social class. 

Edited by MCMLXXVII

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

Don't they only know Matt because he was dating Kelly? Why would they throw a brunch for him and his secret wife? And why would Dylan and Gina be there? They are barely dating and neither of them live there. It would make more sense for Kelly to be there than them. She is actually the only person that gives a shit about any of this, even if her feelings are that she doesn't like it. And so weird for Matt to be all lovey dovey in front of people he only knows because they are friends with the girl he is kind of dating except not because his secret wife is back for the time being. In real life, this would all be very awkward and Matt and Lauren would have their own apartment and would not be hanging out with his kind of girlfriends friends but not the girlfriend.

He has acted as a lawyer for a few of them at that point, but... yeah, it's still pretty weird. 

7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Noah and Donna's separate realizations that Gina hates Donna and wanted to bust up their relationship...uh duh?  They heard her say as much Christmas/Donna's birthday.  Gina's still no Val, IMO, but she's at least providing some entertainment.  But I've noticed Vanessa Marcil definitely has some dialogue tics, she ends a lot of her lines with "okay."

I liked her a lot on General Hospital in the '90s, but then she returned around 2011 and had so many annoying vocal tics, her character was basically ruined for me. Maybe she started developing them here.  

Share this post


Link to post

As I was listening to this episode, I thought, "this is the most insane thing I've ever heard" during the Lauren/Matt/doctor conversation about 3 seconds before Tara said it. In 9 seasons of crazy, ridiculous bullshit, this has to be one of the craziest. A doctor telling someone - in perhaps the most blase, blank tone - that they're either going to lose their mind or die in 2 weeks, one or the other, no alternatives, no other options, is hilariously stupid. 

Donna/Noah has always been an inexplicable pairing, so her immediate "we're over" was both hilarious and great. I love Gina for fucking over Donna and Noah, but I also kind of loved Donna's bitchy "you're nothing but trash". It's so rare that she gets to drop the Saint Donna persona. 

Edited by atlanticslide
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

He has acted as a lawyer for a few of them at that point, but... yeah, it's still pretty weird. 

It's similar to how lawyers on this show make deals based on their "word". In addition to deals being airtight based on the word of a couple of lawyers, payments to said lawyers may be made in brunch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Gina is finally the villain this show has lacked, and I am here for it. Vanessa Marcil is such a good actress that she makes her character actually interesting, rather than just dull and one note.

Looking at IMDB, I see that teen Marianne's last name was Plague, like, settle down, TryHard.

T-Bone's exhausted "man" at the end of the Luke Perry, Teen Heartthrob selection made me guffaw outloud.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The description of Dylan seeing Matt & Lauren at the Peach Pit and not being able to read the vibe reminded me of Noah asking Brandon to go for a beer and Brandon pissily says no, and Noah cheerily says ok see you later!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Cekrypton1 said:

Gina is finally the villain this show has lacked, and I am here for it. Vanessa Marcil is such a good actress that she makes her character actually interesting, rather than just dull and one note.

Looking at IMDB, I see that teen Marianne's last name was Plague, like, settle down, TryHard.

T-Bone's exhausted "man" at the end of the Luke Perry, Teen Heartthrob selection made me guffaw outloud.

I was more pro Val as the villain . I do think Vanessa Marcil played her part really well , but Ginas 2 season long obsession with Dylan and hating everyone for literally no reason was tiring . Val was a more well rounded villain . 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

Could have been good to team Val and Gina up before Val left. They would have fought over Dylan though, unfortch. He has that effect on women.

I don't know. I know Val and Dylan had that fling in season 5, but I don't think she ever really wanted to be with him. They had fun messing around but that seemed like that was about it to me. (though Val wanted to be Brenda and Gina wanted to be Donna) so they did have that in common.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Stowaway said:

Switching to gossip for a sec, y'all probably already knew this, but I learned this week from dlisted that BAG and Vanessa Marcil had a kid together. Raise your hand if you're surprised that BAG may not be the best father!

We have been discussing this over IM since yesterday and aside from the pain it is causing his child, which no one could be happy about, we are gratified to know he sucks as much as David does.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Stowaway said:

Switching to gossip for a sec, y'all probably already knew this, but I learned this week from dlisted that BAG and Vanessa Marcil had a kid together. Raise your hand if you're surprised that BAG may not be the best father!

Hunh. Dating Megan Fox in her “prime” did wonders for Brian’s rep. Somehow I thought he was ”Gen X Scott Baio” with the way people carry on, but Wikipedia only lists Tiffani, Vanessa, and Megan as significant relationships. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, MCMLXXVII said:

Wikipedia only lists Tiffani, Vanessa, and Megan as significant relationships. 

There's no mystery in him having a thing for uncommonly beautiful brunettes. But I'd like to know how he managed to pull all three of them. The side-by-side dlisted used in one of the stories puts it perfectly: she's still gorgeous, and he looks like he got caught between gigs impersonating Quintin Tarantino and Jay Leno.

wenn22632546.jpg

Edited by Stowaway
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Stowaway said:

There's no mystery in him having a thing for uncommonly beautiful brunettes. But I'd like to know how he managed to pull all three of them. The side-by-side dlisted used in one of the stories puts it perfectly: she's still gorgeous, and he looks like he got caught between gigs impersonating Quintin Tarantino and Jay Leno.

wenn22632546.jpg

Lol I always thought the same thing . How'd he pull off all 3 of them ? But I think it's because 2 of them were during his prime and he was good looking during his days on the show. I'm guessing they wanted David silver more than Brian .

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I always thought he was the best looking guy on the show followed by Brandon. In the earlier seasons I  thought Brandon was cuter. Dylan never did anything for me. And Steve looks  the best out of all of them now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Lol I always thought the same thing . How'd he pull off all 3 of them ? But I think it's because 2 of them were during his prime and he was good looking during his days on the show. I'm guessing they wanted David silver more than Brian .

Funny enough, a FB friend was joking about the age of 90210 actors a week or two ago (of course I provided this podcast link and recommendation) and apparently David/Brian has fans among the gay Black guys in my FB circle. Who knew?

At the time I would have gone for Dylan and his rich broody rebel thing, but I now find season one Brandon to be gorgeous lookswise. Just like I  started rewatching Gossip Girl a week ago and find Nate to be gorgeous and roll my eyes at Chuck and his mannerisms.

Edited by MCMLXXVII
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, MCMLXXVII said:

Funny enough, a FB friend was joking about the age of 90210 actors a week or two ago (of course I provided this podcast link and recommendation) and apparently David/Brian has fans among the gay Black guys in my FB circle. Who knew?

At the time I would have gone for Dylan and his rich broody rebel thing, but I now find season one Brandon to be gorgeous lookswise. Just like I  started rewatching Gossip Girl a week ago and find Nate to be gorgeous and roll my eyes at Chuck and his mannerisms.

Season 1 chuck is not attractive but he grew on me and I was like ... Nate who ? By season 2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/15/2018 at 5:36 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Lol I always thought the same thing . How'd he pull off all 3 of them ? But I think it's because 2 of them were during his prime and he was good looking during his days on the show. I'm guessing they wanted David silver more than Brian .

I think if BAG would cut out the drinking and get a facial he would look better. His complexion looks OFF- too pale. Not pale as in “less melanin” (which is natural and beautiful) but pale as in “not the right about of blood flow to the face”. 

YES Ian Zeiring looks so cute! A little too fake tan but he looks healthy and his body is still tight. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...