Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E20: Our Past Is Our Past

• Start Topic

Ashley’s peace with Bar’s mom is short lived. Lexi feels caught between her parents and her boyfriend. Kayla wrestles with a tough decision while Stephan sees his mom for the first time in two years. Jade’s boundaries with Sean are getting fuzzy.

Airs: November 12, 2018

6 hours ago, akr said:

You know who has a piss-poor attitude, Kyler? You. You have a piss-poor attitude.

I wish Lexi would realize she has some power in this situation.  All she needs to do is dump his ass.  He'll be back as soon as he realizes no one else wants him.

• Love 16

Boring episode:

I hope Sean and Jade make it but it's only a matter of time that they're screaming and fighting again.

Ashley: mama drama. Pass. Not interested.

Brianna: She always looks unwashed and worn out. She's not exactly an eager beaver either. She gets a PT job so she drops all the requests for benefits? How is she paying medical insurance and for all of the baby's needs plus her share of the house on a PT salary? Dropping the benefits filing was stupid. Robert is better off without her. My guess is that his bus won't have him all the way home and Brianna will be involved with someone else.

Right Stephan. All you need is to say "yes ma'am" about a dozen times on the phone with you mom and then have her tell you, "You have sisters. Don't do that again," to be all fixed.

A hearty hooray for Kayla’s mother. Entitled Kayla thinks that she can move out and mom will continue paying for everything. Wah wah wah Kayla. Get off your ass and file for assistance and file a report that loser daddy isn't paying. Welcome to being a grown up. I really hope mom does not cave in but this show is full of people with zero backbone.

• Love 14

Ashley cannot live without the drama. She could have spared herself and Bar by not posting her snotty little post in the first place. But nooooooo. She has to twist the knife. Girl. You know Shen is nutty as an Almond Joy. Why poke her? Oh, right, you're a spoiled self centered child who cannot take the high road, even for a moment. Pffft.

Kayla can take several seats. I don't even know where to begin with her. She hangs on to mean, ugly, angry Stephan, even though he is a clear danger to her and to Izaiah. She demands that her mother nominally support her, even though she wants to move out. Moving out? Means moving out. And her pouting about how her mother won't pay her car insurance or phone bill is "holding her back" and being mean is laughable. Jesus Kayla's mother! Don't just sit there and whimper at her. Sit her up and tell her straight out what she can expect if she wants to be an adult. Jesus. And clean that pigsty.

Stephan will be in jail within two years. Kayla will have had her second child with him by then, and be bringing them to visit Daddy in the slammer. What a delightful future they face together!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Kayla can take several seats. I don't even know where to begin with her. She hangs on to mean, ugly, angry Stephan, even though he is a clear danger to her and to Izaiah. She demands that her mother nominally support her, even though she wants to move out. Moving out? Means moving out. And her pouting about how her mother won't pay her car insurance or phone bill is "holding her back" and being mean is laughable. Jesus Kayla's mother! Don't just sit there and whimper at her. Sit her up and tell her straight out what she can expect if she wants to be an adult. Jesus. And clean that pigsty.

Stephan will be in jail within two years. Kayla will have had her second child with him by then, and be bringing them to visit Daddy in the slammer. What a delightful future they face together!

That whole discussion between Kayla and her mother killed me.  Seriously, Kayla!  You mother is helping you out by letting you stay in her home rent free (presumably).  That is how she is helping you!  She can also help you out with your son, as we saw when she was giving him his bottle during your conversation.  And she pays your phone bill and car insurance?  Icing on the cake.   How can she not understand that?  And while I'm sure she likes having you around (for whatever reason) and loves seeing her grandchild, she probably doesn't want to raise another baby.  She has to get ready for her next NKOTB cruise!  Let the woman live!  

My mom told me that the only way she could help me when I was a young adult was to give me a place to live rent free.  She couldn't pay my rent or utilities on an apartment.  She was retired, so she could do the laundry and cook meals (many of which I didn't eat b/c I wasn't home).  But I paid for my car, my cellphone, my student loan, my credit card bill, and any other costs I personally incurred.   And was able to save money.   I never expected her to pay for stuff like that.

I'm glad her mom told Kayla what is what.  Kayla needs to grow up!

• Love 6

When I got my first apartment I was 20 years old. No way did I expect anything from my parents! Even when I was out of work it never occurred to me to ask them for anything. That was my problem! And I was far from a centered, responsible, sensible person. I was flighty and irresponsible and did some dumb stuff. But I never expected my family to pick up my slack. Kayla's mother is a single parent and probably has her struggles. Kayla is an ungrateful little witch.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jesus Kayla's mother! Don't just sit there and whimper at her. Sit her up and tell her straight out what she can expect if she wants to be an adult. Jesus.

This is why Kayla will not hold the loser accountable. The simpering, whimpering mom tells us all we need to know. Where the hell were the lessons on how people should treat you and the actions to take if they don't during her upbringing? It makes me INSANE. Kayla will then of course blame mom for all of her troubles because you know, all teens that just feel like moving out and rooming with a friend should naturally have their mommy footing the bill for most of it. I'm thinking of my own mother's reaction to such a notion...

• Love 5

I'm sure Kayla's mom knows that eventually Kayla living with her friend (forget the name), will evolve into Kayla living with Stephan.  He's got nothing going for himself and will begin staying there 'just until he gets on his feet', which will never happen.  Her friend will get sick of the drama and bullshit and move out.  Then it's just Kayla and Stephan living there.  Then she's really in trouble because he will control her whole world.  I think if Kayla actually had a brain and was not putting up with his crap, her mom would be more on board with her moving out.  I think she sees what's coming and that's why she's trying to keep Kayla at home, but for some reason won't just say that.  Something like 'If you're living here, I know you're safe.  I'm willing to help out with a few of your bills as incentive for you to remain here so you don't wind up living with your abuser.  That's the deal, take it or leave it'.  You can tell her mom's probably been a push-over for most of Kayla's life by the meek way she deals with Kayla's bullshit. 

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 5

Why would Kayla's friend Devin want to be her roommate? Ugly MF Stefan will probably steal her debit card and then beat her up when she confronts him about it. While Kayla sits there like the dumbass that she is. There is no way it will end well.

• Love 8

I find it odd that both Jade and Kayla have friends that are wanting to live with them. Maybe I'm in the minority but when I was in my early 20's, the last thing I would want is a roommate with a baby and baby daddy drama. It would cause issues. Especially in Kayla's case, her friends can't stand Stephan and you know her dumbass would allow him to come over.

I'm here with my weekly post on being baffled at what Lexi sees in Kyler

I see Brianna could not even be bothered to put on shoes to go to PP. She was once again wearing her socks and slip on flip flops

Edited by MaggieG
Forgot to mention Brianna
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I find it odd that both Jade and Kayla have friends that are wanting to live with them. Maybe I'm in the minority but when I was in my early 20's, the last thing I would want is a roommate with a baby and baby daddy drama. It would cause issues. Especially in Kayla's case, her friends can't stand Stephan and you know her dumbass would allow him to come over.

I wonder if the friends would also like to move out of their parents' homes and Kayla and Jade are the only friends they have who, because of the MTV money, can swing it.  (or, if not out of their parents' homes, out of other living situations that aren't particularly desirable).

Edited by akr
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Why would Kayla's friend Devin want to be her roommate? Ugly MF Stefan will probably steal her debit card and then beat her up when she confronts him about it. While Kayla sits there like the dumbass that she is. There is no way it will end well.

At least there is a potential witness to (hopefully) prevent Stephan from becoming violent when he visits, or if not to prevent then to corroborate so he can actually get the criminal charges he deserves if he does it again.

I don't remember ever actually seeing Stephan's mother before this episode, maybe I missed it before.  Seems like total damage control on the part of the producers to get her into a scene showing some reaction to his behavior even though it meant flying him to FL.

Edited by JasminePhyllisia
  • Love 3

This show has officially earned its keep by airing an accurate and substantive ad for Planned Parenthood. Hey kids, this is a place you can go where there is affordable, expert medical care, zero judgment, and people invested in helping you make the choices that are best for YOU. You can bring your boyfriend if you want to, and you'll walk out with the birth control you need the same day. There is no more important story MTV could possibly air.

• Love 10

There was a reunion this past weekend.  So far, so good...the girls all seem to get along, 
I don't see a Farrah or Jenelle in this bunch.

OHMYFUCKINGGOD do I hate Kyler!  When he was chiding Lexi about being "butt-hurt" because he didn't want to spend the night at her place, I wanted to reach through my TV & strangle him.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe "butt-hurt" is younger person's slang for over-reacting or being a "baby", as we used to say (I am 1000 years old.) He was gaslighting her and invalidating her feelings and he has no regard for a single thing she says.

I concentrate a little too much on actual words, though...according to...um... Male People Who I Am Married To and have Given Birth To...grrrrr!!! 

I don't think Kyler's smart enough for mind games, but isn't there a school of thought that if a guy is beneath a girl (looks/personality/money etc) he'll berate *her* and make her think that he's too good for *her*?  This seems what is happening, but as I said, he seems like an idiot, so it might be unlikely.

• Love 8

Hi everyone, I just wandered over to say "what the fuck does Lexi see in Kyler?" again. Him, spotty, mumbly, unattractive, dumb as a stump, etc, etc. Her, cute, moderately articulate, has goals. Lexi. A moderately sophisticated kitchen appliance would make a better boyfriend than Kyler.

Gah.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the friends who "want" to move in with a single mother with baby and daddy drama are rent a friends provided by production. Or possibly even real friends who have agreed to pretend to want to move in with Kayla and Jade. Because I agree, what 20 something young girl wants to get in the middle of that situation? Kayla wants to get a place and move Stephan in with a quickness. She is so painfully stupid.

• Love 7