Type keyword(s) to search

THE VIEW": WEEK OF 11/12/2018

buffynut
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

IMO the show is in damage control after MM last week. It sure is tamer and I think hot topics are lukewarm and practically nonpolitical in order to appease RBM tantrums. There are so many things that have happened that are not discussed. Hopefully the next two days will explore them since MM will be gone.

Yep. It seems like the show goes into "damage control" almost every other day because of McCain. I watched yesterday's episode mostly checked out. I loved seeing Troye. I wish he was bigger in the U.S. His new album is a good one; too bad he didn't get a performance slot, too.

• Love 7

Loved Joy asking why NutMeg didn't join the military.  Her response being she got accepted to Columbia was full of crap.  There's no way she would ever be able to live that life.  She's too pampered and would never take orders from anyone.  She would have been screaming 'do you know who my father is' nonstop.

It obviously doesn't bother her that her brother, Jimmy, is mom's favorite.  Her only concern was who got the most attention from her father.  I'm sure she made sure she was front and center every time there was any type of gathering.  She's insufferable even when she's attempting to behave.

I think it's obvious that this has been damage control week.  Wonder if some of those comments about contacting sponsors paid off.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If they truly did, she'd be GONE. Yet, here she still remains.

I do think that they might have spoken to her and told her that her boorish attitude is too much.   Megan needs to realize that there are 2 other conservatives on this show. They can always can her and keep Abby. Abby may be one-note, but, she is pleasant. I would love for her to share more about her Mormon upbringing.  I think that she can offer more than Megan. She is married and just had a baby. Megan is just not interesting. She is a parody of a conservative that would be spoof on Saturday Night Live. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19
23 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

That is the absolute best clip ever!

Of course she was her father's favorite.....I mean they were the most alike according to everyone. ?

? Joy asking Meghan why she didn't join the military,  oh that was hilarious. 

Silly Joy. Meghan is in politics duh,  How would she be able to be on TV living in mid town Manhattan if she joined the military. 

Shes the youngest of the bio-kids isnt she?  That could explain some of it. Im a middle kid (yes yes its all true lol) but my younger sister was always his favorite.  I dont know if its because the age gap between us was high, 8 years.  I already had one foot out the door heh.  I would be lying though, if i didnt admit that the green eyes do flare up sometimes. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Avenatti's arrest is suspicious to me.   He has been very vocal, going after a certain administration.  Stormy Daniels was also arrested on bogus charges not too long ago.

Don't doubt for a minute that these are bogus charges. I remember watching  SCANDAL and thinking to myself how ridiculous the show was (I loved every minute of it though ) and now it seems the stuff of non-fiction.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

Attending the picnic, as caterpillars, will be Sunny's eyebrows. 

Hah!  Thats funny.  I saw a clip of her from back in the day, reporting on something, and she did look so much different.  The changes were very evident.  I guess when its slow you dont notice as much.  People change, grow older etc but it was kind of shocking.  Had to do a triple take..thats Sunny?! (funny Sunny hee)

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Hah!  Thats funny.  I saw a clip of her from back in the day, reporting on something, and she did look so much different.  The changes were very evident.  I guess when its slow you dont notice as much.  People change, grow older etc but it was kind of shocking.  Had to do a triple take..thats Sunny?! (funny Sunny hee)

Sunny’s eyebrows are a bit much today!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Don't doubt for a minute that these are bogus charges. I remember watching  SCANDAL and thinking to myself how ridiculous the show was (I loved every minute of it though ) and now it seems the stuff of non-fiction.

Yeah that was my first thought too.....total b.s...thats just like Rose McGowan.  Did you see in the news where she was arrested not long after she was on the show, with a supposed boat load of cocaine.  I call b.s. on that as well.

• Love 8

I'm excited about tomorrow. When MM isn't there and it's just Abby, the show seems more like adults having a conversation. Abby does have conservative views, but she's ab;e to state them without getting angry. Her comments about how you can't defend Kavanaugh while relishing in what's happening to Avenatti was a nuanced statement.

But tomorrow! Tomorrow is Abby, Sunny, Joy and Ana which will have a different feel too. If it's good then I think MM will have to worry.

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Shes the youngest of the bio-kids isnt she? 

Meghan is the oldest in her nuclear family. 

I missed the posts here yesterday that included her tweet that she would be off today, so imagine my happy surprise when I saw the hosts walk out to the table. I came here to post: MEGHAN'S NOT ON! MEGHAN'S NOT ON! HAPPINESS ALERT! MEGHAN'S NOT ON.

Guess I shouldn't post that, now. Thanks for taking one on the chin, Brits!

8 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I'm excited about tomorrow. When MM isn't there and it's just Abby, the show seems more like adults having a conversation. Abby does have conservative views, but she's ab;e to state them without getting angry. Her comments about how you can't defend Kavanaugh while relishing in what's happening to Avenatti was a nuanced statement.

But tomorrow! Tomorrow is Abby, Sunny, Joy and Ana which will have a different feel too. If it's good then I think MM will have to worry.

NICE! I don't usually record The View ahead of time. If I have the TV on in the morning and think I want to watch it, I hit record. I'm setting up tomorrow's show right now. Ana + NO MEGHAN + Joy moderating? It could actually be a good show. 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Something tells me Meghan won't be getting an invitation to tea with the Queen!  

I find the invitation to speak at the House of Commons very odd since she continually expresses her extreme dislike for All Things Royal.  I heard there's someone who "loves that stuff."

• Love 14
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I say they cut their losses and ship her off to do reports on reality TV for GMA or something.

How 'bout a trade and we get Sara back?  We can see how Michael handles "a little debate" now and then.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I only saw a headline briefly across my phone.....but could the resignation of several Members of Parliament not be because of Brexit, but because MM is coming to speak to them?  

???????????

39 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Avenatti's arrest is suspicious to me.   He has been very vocal, going after a certain administration.  Stormy Daniels was also arrested on bogus charges not too long ago.

Same here. Don’t quote me, but I saw a tweet the wife denying this happened. And I’m not interested enough to go to read it all.

28 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

"I voted for myself last week and I'm gonna vote again this week as Bette Midler!" LOL I love Joy.

And that Trump quote about people going to vote, going to their car, putting on a disguise and going in line to vote again is just... I can't even... it's so outlandish and ridiculous. And needing an ID to buy cereal?!? I can't wrap my head around how any person can listen to him saying these things and proudly declare, "yep, that's my guy!" So embarrassing.

I’ve said it before- he’s intellectually bankrupt.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Abby does have conservative views, but she's able to state them without getting angry.

I'm not sure she expresses any views clearly.  She seems to create sentences that are kind...and then we ask, "Now what did she say?"   Her contributions are like quotes from "The Scholastic Book of Idioms."    Still, she's pretty and nice...I guess that's something.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I saw on Twitter where the wife denied this happened.

Same here. Don’t quote me, but I saw a tweet the wife denying this happened. And I’m not interested enough to go to read it all.

Avenatti has been arrested for allegedly assaulting a woman, but the woman in question is not his estranged wife. They mentioned that on the show TMZ broke the news and reported it was the wife, then had to go back and issue a correction. Abby said she believed the TMZ report, because they've broken a lot of stories, like Michael Jackson's death. 

In other words, Avenatti did not assault his wife (from whom he's separated). He has been accused by a different woman. 

• Love 8

Why does Whoopi always say "You've got to come back" or "please come back anytime" to the guests at the end of their segment. Does she or the producers think that we don't know how these "interview" shows work? I, personally, find this a little insulting. 

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

he is a parody of a conservative that would be spoof on Saturday Night Live. 

The spoof I'd rather see is by cast member (another Arizona girl), Aidy Bryant, as Meghan McCain.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Why does Whoopi always say "You've got to come back" or "please come back anytime" to the guests at the end of their segment. Does she or the producers think that we don't know how these "interview" shows work? I, personally, find this a little insulting. 

I agree BIG TIME!   I want several of them to say something like, "I've been trying to get on this show for ten years.  You mean it's that easy...I now have a permanent invitation?"

Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View, et cetera!

• Love 8

It's entirely possible - to me, anyway - that "someone" could have paid a woman to accuse MA of domestic violence.  That's how things work in certain circles.  As I said above,  I hope I'm not wrong about this, and right or wrong, I hope they discuss this more thoroughly tomorrow.  Either way, considering all the implications, it's an important topic.

@HaaCHOO, love your Welcome to the Views.  It grates on my last nerve every morning with WG goes into that repetitive schpiel.  I instantly mute the TV until she's through.  Do we know why she does this?  It's just dumb.  And she doesn't usually bother me that much otherwise.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Ladyrain said:

love your Welcome to the Views.  It grates on my last nerve every morning with WG goes into that repetitive schpiel.  I instantly mute the TV until she's through.  Do we know why she does this?  It's just dumb. 

I think it grates on all viewers.   I mute my sound the moment the logo comes on the screen and then turn it on when SHE settles down.   I think the studio audience might appreciate it because they're encouraged to stand up...and she does it to each separate set of seats (bleachers?).  Maybe they actually feel special; let's hope so.  For me, it's IRKSOME!

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

It's entirely possible - to me, anyway - that "someone" could have paid a woman to accuse MA of domestic violence.  That's how things work in certain circles.  As I said above,  I hope I'm not wrong about this, and right or wrong, I hope they discuss this more thoroughly tomorrow.  Either way, considering all the implications, it's an important topic.

It really smells like a clumsy attempt by Trump supporters to get back at the Dems for the Kavanaugh thing. I'm glad the panel didn't fall into the trap of stating they did not believe the woman. Good for them for saying they would disavow Avenatti if It turns out to be true. 

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I think it grates on all viewers.   I mute my sound the moment the logo comes on the screen and then turn it on when SHE settles down.   I think the studio audience might appreciate it because they're encouraged to stand up...and she does it to each separate set of seats (bleachers?).  Maybe they actually feel special; let's hope so.  For me, it's IRKSOME!

Totally agree about it being annoying.  Out of bizarre curiosity I counted a few times how many times she said it and it was at least 7 times.  After that I always fast-forwarded past her greeting.  For me the greeting is not far off from nails on a chalkboard because at least with the chalkboard thing you know the person soon realizes its annoying and will stop. Or, people will eventually complain and it will stop.  With Whoopi's greeting it's been years and she's as proud as ever each day she says it.

Meghan's not even on the show and she still sucks!  Go figure.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

The volume on their mic's for the studio audience is really low, like you have to struggle to hear them.  The studio audience can't even hear Whoopie welcome them to the view.  The stage manager is telling us when it clap and when to clap louder as if she's talking to our section.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Why does Whoopi always say "You've got to come back" or "please come back anytime" to the guests at the end of their segment.

Because she's too lazy, too uninterested and too complacent to come up with anything even remotely germane to each guest and their reason for being there.    She ran out of fucks to give a long time ago so this is her easy, one stop, go-to closer.  She might as well just start saying "hey - thanks for coming out, now get the fuck outta here."  I will say this about her though, she seems a lot less angry lately.  Other than the rage she has for the producers..  but still, I will take it.

• Love 7
On 11/13/2018 at 2:38 PM, HaaCHOO said:

Just as we had an unwritten LAW at the global manufacturer where I worked--that the newest (female) department employee was in charge of making coffee (and all the ordering, cleaning, etc.) The View should require that the newest panel member be punished in much the same way: Sell That Shit.

I think Abby would be perfect in the View your deal segments... Sara and Sunny have too much personality and I think Abby's more sedate aura is perfect as a spokesperson (whose job is to present the product.. but not be the focus since the product is the star, not the spokesperson).

So no Meghan today I see.  Refreshing seeing 4 women having an adult discussion.. kind of reminds me of the old days.

• Love 10

No Meghan was great, but in the first half of the show Abby was over-talking both Sunny and Joy in her sanctimonious way.  Sunny seems to have caught on that the republican 'pundint' thing to do is just keep talking and increase the volume to drown out the over-talker instead of deferring to the interrupter.  The cameraperson should learn to stick with the speaker so we can read their lips.  Elsa may be shaped like Mrs. Potatohead, but Abby's garish lips & eye makeup are very Potatoheadish.  Sunny's eyebrows had an odd, shiny navy-blue sheen to them today.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I think Abby would be perfect in the View your deal segments... Sara and Sunny have too much personality and I think Abby's more sedate aura is perfect as a spokesperson (whose job is to present the product.. but not be the focus since the product is the star, not the spokesperson).

So no Meghan today I see.  Refreshing seeing 4 women having an adult discussion.. kind of reminds me of the old days.

At first I found my attention wavering. I thought, "Do I need Meghan to keep me interested?" Then it occurred to me that if they adjusted to no Meghan screaming and interrupting, they would go more deeply into a subject, actually share shades of perspective. And that would raise my genuine interest. They might have discussed Avenatti in more depth, for example. 

• Love 2

Meghan will be in London for a few days.  I guess this means she will be Megsplaining what Londoner's, all citizens off the UK and all Europeans are thinking about American politics.  She will be the new "expert" because she talked to a bunch of pub patrons in the multiple pubs she visited. 

• Love 14

When they talked about the Country Music Awards, Abby talked about how great country performers and country fans are, they are just real people driving up in their pickup trucks with their American flags.  She said something like they are the greatest.  And Whoopi corrected her to say "some of the greatest" and then she talked about soul and gospel as other kinds of great music and musicians.  Later, Mahershala Ali mentioned that conversation in the context of how great it is talk about these things and get everyone's perspective.

What I find interesting about Abby is that she often says things like this, for example, she loves going back to Utah, she loves the values people in Utah have (even though she likes NYC, of course!).  Meghan has said the same about Montana and the people there and their values.  Does that mean that they think people in NYC don't have values, or that their values differ?  Is Abby suggesting other genres of music are full of not real people?  She says these things in her sort of bland way that it is difficult to know what she is really getting at.

• Love 17

With statements like that Abby and NutMeg deliver subtle reminders that they are among us, sigh, but not like us. "Us" is different and perhaps interesting but NOKD. (Not our kind, dear.)

• Love 13

Abby isn't totally wrong about TMZ because they often pay sources for information that a credible journalist wouldn't try to obtain unethically. That said, TMZ is ran by Harvey Levin who is an outspoken Trump supporter so HMMM ....

• Love 9
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't know what value Meghan has for ABC anymore.  Her father has passed away. The mid terms are over.  Do we really need to keep hearing her explain Trump's base?  They had her on in prime time on election night and her contributions were negligible. I say they cut their losses and ship her off to do reports on reality TV for GMA or something.

Was she really? Huh? I missed that.  

I enjoyed today's show. I didn't realize MM wouldn't be on, so happily surprised. All the ladies said the right thing regarding Avanati.  I'm suspicious as well. 

I'm not a huge fan of country music.  I understand everyone has different tastes in music. Saying that, Abby irked me . Abby saying that "country music stars are the best people in the country. "  really Abby? Just because they drive up to the red carpet in pickup trucks with American flags sticking out ?.  According to Abby that is. 

• Love 16
40 minutes ago, bannana said:

What I find interesting about Abby is that she often says things like this, for example, she loves going back to Utah, she loves the values people in Utah have (even though she likes NYC, of course!).  Meghan has said the same about Montana and the people there and their values.  Does that mean that they think people in NYC don't have values, or that their values differ?  Is Abby suggesting other genres of music are full of not real people?  She says these things in her sort of bland way that it is difficult to know what she is really getting at.

They dare not say "East Coast elite," when they're living and working on the East Coast.  I'd put my family's values up against any in Utah or Montana.  Abby's just trying to seem like one of the common folk...you know, ones who drive pickups that fly our flag.  Her grandfather was a billionaire, so I doubt if her life was deprived in any way.

• Love 22
11 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Abby saying that "country music stars are the best people in the country. " 

Kenny Rogers said he decided to go country after his rock career because the fans are forever loyal. I'd like to add to that: As long as the performers toe (tow?) the line as far as loving country and God. Remember the reaction to the Dixie Chicks dissing Bush? Would Abby love an atheist singing country-tinged protest songs?

I am happy to hear the ladies at the table (and Stormy Daniels) say they all hope the charges against Avenatti aren't true, but they will disavow him if they are. I am keeping an open mind. I like the guy, and I fully acknowledge that he would be a big trophy for the Right to take down. But if nothing else, #metoo has shown me that "nice guys," as well as scumbuckets, do heinous things. I hope it's not true.

I've enjoyed the last two shows. What is happening?!?!

• Love 17