Type keyword(s) to search

THE VIEW": WEEK OF 11/12/2018

buffynut
  • Start Topic

NutMeg says she would selfishly love to have Kyrsten on the show.  That's what she recognizes as selfish?!?  I could think of 100 other things that she does which would actually qualify as selfish.  Screeching over other people would be my #1.  Plus, she probably wants her on so she can claim to have another "close" political friend.

Edited by fatewemake
  • Love 22
15 minutes ago, fatewemake said:

Plus, she probably wants her on so she can claim to have another "close" political friend.

Kyrsten is a registered Democrat and ran as such--even though she votes more bipartisan.   She defeated a REAL right-winger, so I'm not sure Meghan would be kind.  Kyrsten can handle everything...and with assured sophistication.  Nothing seems to rattle her.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

May I also randomly mention I also have a good friend who is a firefighter. He is a helicopter pilot who fights fires. Oh and he is also a veteran.  Was an Army Ranger.  So hah Meghan.

Meghan, do you know my cousin, Beth, the fire chief at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport?

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Kyrsten is a registered Democrat and ran as such--even though she votes more bipartisan.   She defeated a REAL right-winger, so I'm not sure Meghan would be kind.  Kyrsten can handle everything...and with assured sophistication.  Nothing seems to rattle her.

Kyrsten's opponent, McSally was a moderate who became a right winger to win the primary.  Her concession speech last night with her beautiful dog Boomer made her likable. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
Just now, rickhurst3186 said:

Apparently, Six degrees of Kevin Bacon has now been replaced with Two degrees of Meghan McCain! (Well, in Meg's head anyway).?

I KNOW!!!!!!   I was thinking about this earlier.  MM is like that friend who ONLY talks about herself, no matter what the topic.  It's incredibly tone-deaf and narcissistic.  Who wants to be friends with a totally self-involved personality like that? 

Not to mention her ignorance and immaturity.  It boggles the (normal) mind. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kyrsten's opponent, McSally was a moderate who became a right winger to win the primary.  Her concession speech last night with her beautiful dog Boomer made her likable. 

And that is the danger of compromising your beliefs.  I'm still baffled that last week Meghan said she never thought Arizona would turn purple.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, fatewemake said:

NutMeg was staring at that wine suitcase like it could be her new best friend...  and it might be.

Did she say something about how the second bag would've came in handy because she recently went to a dry wedding? 

Gee, I wonder why people think she may have a drinking problem...

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 20

Ok I am new to Previously Forum, I just want to tell all of you that you are the best and since I can't watch an entire show or even 5 minutes because of Elsa I come here for your comments and insight.

Chicago Cita, I do not know how to reply to your post and copy about the link for ABC but I agree I too am going to go on it everyday for 2 things and i have to do it twice since I run out space.  I am going to post about getting Elsa off the show we have Abby and she is more tolerable than the worst host ever.  How can anyone call Elsa a host when a host should make a guest feel welcome.  Also, I am going to post that Whoopi either needs to go or needs to be a better actress and hide her jealousy of Sunny.  I use to like Whoopi but can not tolerate her jealousy of Sunny, it is so disrespectful.  How can Whoopi be so flippin nice to Elsa but so full on disrespectful of Sunny and the only answer is Sunny is actually intelligent, is not high and tries to enjoy her time on the show versus Whoopi just doing it for a paycheck.

Looking forward to your comments and may we someday have Elsa off the show for good.

• Love 20

I missed most of today's show. But caught the last few minutes. I see Sara Haines was on there. Interesting that they brought her back for Whoopi's bday( I could have sworn it was just WG bday a few months ago) . I have heard that SH and MS show sucks. Makes me feel bad for her she seems like a nice person.  Maybe they will bring her back.

• Love 9

I found today boring as well and it seems like this entire week will be a snooze fest. I ended up changing the channel halfway into the show and watched April Ryan break it down on the Real instead. I might do this again tomorrow if the show is as boring as the last two days.

• Love 9

Re: the ever increasing, invasive, annoying "View Your Crap" segments.  As if the breathless orgasmic panting and screeching weren't enough, I notice a faint, yet distracting musical background which is mostly bass and drums. I know music is often used for subliminal purposes but this is really downright annoying. Also, i am now embarrassed for Sunny who seems to have been forced into the role of simpering over the top shopper with no taste.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Sara! Somebody tie that girl to a chair!  Dont let her leave! hahah i jest, but for real.....LOL wishful thinking.  Although i did enjoy dancing around the livingroom at the end.  Loved all the wine accessories, though a bit pricey.

• Love 6

Did Sen. Gillibrand talk about her just released book Bold & Brave ?  ( ten Heroes  who helped women the right the  to vote)  I was so pissed at Megan I have amnesia. 

Mercy I agree seems it was just Whoopi's birthday. Oh my lord MMs dress ! Must have a carnival mirror in her dressing room. 

I've noticed that Megan is a thirsty woman. She's drinking out of that cup a lot,  not just after she's steam rolled someone.  

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Did Sen. Gillibrand talk about her just released book Bold & Brave ?  ( ten Heroes  who helped women the right the  to vote)

Yes, at the very end of the interview.

I went ahead and checked out the first 10 minutes of Monday's show, and noticed nobody mentioned how the loud SIGH Meh-gun made when Joy brought up gun violence at one point when she miraculously got a chance to speak without being screamed over. McCain is such an asshole.

I like Hugh Jackman, but his comments about Ivanka and her husband are a copout. He boiled it down to being friends with someone with "political differences," but I think there's quite a bit more going on than "political differences" with that lot.

• Love 15

I found Meghan's remarks today about Arizona and the newly elected senator frighteningly rational and calm. No cross-talk, no screeching. Either she was heavily medicated or someone had a talk with her about her insane and boorish behavior the last few days. My ears are still burning from her shrilly repeating that she wanted to know who her senator was going to be (squawk, squawk, squawk!) Today was a welcome respite. 

I have no hopes that it will last, but it was enjoyable by contrast.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, pachebo said:

Also, i am now embarrassed for Sunny who seems to have been forced into the role of simpering over the top shopper with no taste.

Just as we had an unwritten LAW at the global manufacturer where I worked--that the newest (female) department employee was in charge of making coffee (and all the ordering, cleaning, etc.) The View should require that the newest panel member be punished in much the same way: Sell That Shit.

• Love 7

Atlanta loves, thanks for welcoming me.  Thanks for the nicknames for Meghan like MM but whenever I think of MM I think of chocolate and I think of sweet chocolate however MM is like bitter chocolate, a nasty taste is left when you hear speak.

In regards to Meghan drinking from her cup today and everyday, I personally think she thinks she is drinking something that will give her some brain cells.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I found Meghan's remarks today about Arizona and the newly elected senator frighteningly rational and calm. No cross-talk, no screeching. Either she was heavily medicated or someone had a talk with her about her insane and boorish behavior the last few days. My ears are still burning from her shrilly repeating that she wanted to know who her senator was going to be (squawk, squawk, squawk!) Today was a welcome respite. 

Poor Meghan had a dilemma-- either support the Republican who refused to mention her father by name (she said this on the show, mods, I'm not bringing him up myself) or go with the Democrat.  Either one must drive her to drink.  Perhaps that's why she was sort of low key today.

I turned it off after Hugh's segment.  

Welcome, 1SimonMom!  Can we call you 1Simon?  :)

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

whoopi's bday was not as annoying as I thought it'd be

Whoopi actually looked genuinely happy with the music performance ~~ she was singing right along and had a true smile on her face (not the phony one she often uses).  I was trying to remember, but I think that Whoopi may have actually sang "Ain't No Mountain High" during either Sister Act or the sequel.  I actually enjoyed the performance, too!  

• Love 14

Holy hell...it has finally happened - Meghan was actually quite pleasant and very tolerable the entire episode, in my opinion. She engaged without speaking over people while they were in the middle of communicating their thoughts, she used her inside voice. I liked that she raised the issue of Boward County because it's quite relevant and while it wasn't the full context, it gave Sunny an opportunity to clarify misconceptions about throwing away ballots and even then, Meghan challenged Sunny's position about the missing amendments on ballots without getting into a fit about it. Bring this version of Meghan everyday and I don't care how much I disagree with your politics, I won't be bothered.

I think counselling can work if you have a strong foundation of respect, trust, security and confidence to build off of. Hiccups can test those at times but if that's how you're starting off then I wouldn't bet money that you're going to come out of counselling with your relationship intact AND healthy. I agree with Joy in the sense that if you see things that your recognize needs to be improved in your relationship in order for it to be healthy and happy in the long term, then it's a good idea to do counselling before marriage too.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I have to agree with you!  Meghan seemed rational when she said she was so happy to finally know who her senator is.  She really played that down

• Love 4

Welcome to another episode of the John McCain Memorial Hour.

IIRC, wasn't Elsa just a few weeks ago bringing up how radical Sinema was? Now that she won, she recreates her into some sort of moderate, which plays into her narrative that the average Democrat is out of touch. Can never let them have that victory, eh Meghan?

I only watched the first segment, but Abby was still useless. All she dies is summarize the most bland and obvious thing about whatever point they're talking about. Typical Abby musing: ”I think the close election means that half of Arizona wanted a republican, and the other half wanted a Democrat. We're really divided in this country." Brilliant commentary, Abby.

Please bring Sara back.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

3 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

I have to agree with you!  Meghan seemed rational when she said she was so happy to finally know who her senator is.  She really played that down

Give her another day or two and she’ll be back to her hateful screeching self. Been there, seen that. It won’t last.

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Welcome to another episode of the John McCain Memorial Hour.

IIRC, wasn't Elsa just a few weeks ago bringing up how radical Sinema was? Now that she won, she recreates her into some sort of moderate, which plays into her narrative that the average Democrat is out of touch. Can never let them have that victory, eh Meghan?

I only watched the first segment, but Abby was still useless. All she dies is summarize the most bland and obvious thing about whatever point they're talking about. Typical Abby musing: ”I think the close election means that half of Arizona wanted a republican, and the other half wanted a Democrat. We're really divided in this country." Brilliant commentary, Abby.

Please bring Sara back.

It makes me wonder why I wasn’t offered a job on The View whenever I listen to Abby.  She never offers anything more than the obvious!!  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

I noticed that, too. Any Democrat that wins she paints as some kind of moderate, but calls them "too far Left for X state" while they're running. McCain probably played calm with the first Dem in 30 years winning "her" state because she had a mental breakdown over the midterm results already last week.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Mercy I agree seems it was just Whoopi's birthday. Oh my lord MMs dress ! Must have a carnival mirror in her dressing room.

Megan's top was weird, but what in the heck did Whoopi have on? A lab coat?

rps20181113_193618.jpg

rps20181113_193639.jpg

• Love 3

I think the producers/ABC have talked to Meghan.

Yesterday Meghan tweeted part of  Sinema's acceptance speech - as they showed today - about John McCain. She talked about his wanting to assume the best in people, to seek compromise rather than division, and put country above party. 

Which was a wake-up call (momentarily) for Meghan since she is nothing like her father, imo.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

do we think Sara wanted to leave The View since Nutmeg came on board?  Seemed very stressful.  

Rumor has it that Megan treated Sarah like crap and went out of her way to treat her like she was a nobody.  It really hurt Sarah.  There were times that Sarah would wince when Megan would go on a tirade.  Megan is very uncomfortable to watch on TV, I can only imagine how worst it must be in person.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I noticed that, too. Any Democrat that wins she paints as some kind of moderate, but calls them "too far Left for X state" while they're running. McCain probably played calm with the first Dem in 30 years winning "her" state because she had a mental breakdown over the midterm results already last week.

Meghan wants all democratic lawmakers to be moderate.   But her tribe can be as extreme as they want.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, TheView said:

Abby needs to go. 

More than Meghan? I don't agree with that. Abby states her points and then takes the time to listen to everyone. When MM wasn't around, the table felt more relaxed and more like adults. MM doesn't listen and will try to impose her will on others and then act like a child when she doesn't get her way.

Abby might be full of hot air, but she doesn't crosstalk and listens so she's miles better than anything MM can do.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

More than Meghan? I don't agree with that. Abby states her points and then takes the time to listen to everyone. When MM wasn't around, the table felt more relaxed and more like adults. MM doesn't listen and will try to impose her will on others and then act like a child when she doesn't get her way.

Abby might be full of hot air, but she doesn't crosstalk and listens so she's miles better than anything MM can do.

You're right. Meghan is worse 

• Love 5

Weird how they brought in Sarah.  I have nothing but my own eyes to back this up, but her current show is awful.....maybe they're getting ready to cancel it and bringing in Sarah is a way to 1) straighten up MM, 2) get us ready for boring Abby to go.  

• Love 6