Type keyword(s) to search

THE VIEW": WEEK OF 11/12/2018

buffynut
  • Start Topic

MON NOV 12:  Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.); Army veteran Carlos Figueroa; View Your Deal.

TUE NOV 13:  Host Whoopi Goldberg's birthday celebration; actor Hugh Jackman; film director Jason Reitman; Valerie Simpson and Paul Shaffer perform.

WED NOV 14: Actor Troye Sivan

THU NOV 15: Actor Viggo Mortensen; actor Mahershala Ali

FRI NOV 16: Actresses Viola Davis, Michelle Rodriguez and Elizabeth Debicki.

• Love 2

Mod Note: Unless Meghan explicitly discusses her upbringing on the show, speculation about how she was raised, and how her parents contributed to that is off topic. Remember - if Meghan does not mention her parents on the show, they are not topics for discussion and should not be mentioned. Period.

41 minutes ago, TheView said:

On Monday, Meghan is gonna lose it with Gillibrand. 

She's sharpening her filleting knives as I type. 

1 hour ago, buffynut said:

THU NOV 15: Actor Viggo Mortensen; actor Mahershala Ali

I've seen ads for this movie and had no idea that was Vigo M.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

But she's so abysmally BAD at the "gotcha" stuff. She tries, I gotta give her that. But with little to no success. She's the living embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger Effect: she has no idea she's nowhere near as smart or politically savvy as the guests she so desperately wants to "fillet." And they so sweetly and effortlessly swat her away each time.

• Love 20

I'm betting tomorrow's show was taped last week.  

Update: I think I may have spoke too soon.  I just happened to look on my tv guide on screen and I see that Senator Gillibrand is scheduled for GMA tomorrow morning which leads me to believe The View may be live.  

Edited by Badbea99
Update
  • Love 4

The show took it's first commercial break, which lasted forever. When they came back they spoke about SNL and I looked down for just a moment and they were already in another commercial break.

I also find it sad that Joy brought up the shooting and gun violence, but it was only done in passing. This show confuses me sometimes.

• Love 10

The whole vibe today has been awkward so far. I can't quite put a finger on it...

4 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

Whoopi re Crenshaw: "we'll keep an eye on him." Ummmmmmmmmmm....

After commercial break she said she meant it sexually and "with love"? Ughhh Whoopi...

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

Oops, Whoops. Talk about your Freudian slips!  I hope it doesn't create an uproar because it seems to have just been a poor choice of words. (I made a similar remark once. Totally innocent but I still cringe.)

And since I can't let a post go by without a Meghan comment, of course she has a good friend who was a firefighter. 

• Love 22

I'm thinking it may be awkward today because there are a lot of veterans in the crowd and they don't want to show their political leanings by clapping for certain things being said for or against Trump and his administration? Idk. My dad is a Marine Corps veteran and he told me that those in the military are supposed to remain as apolitical as possible - in public, anyway. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 14

Meghan makes me sick with her so-called "gotcha" questions when it comes to Democrats on this show.  Gillibrand is NOT going to throw Pelosi under the bus on national TV just because YOU want her too!  She did the same thing last week to the newest democratic Rep from Minnesota (I think)? 

• Love 20

Just when I thought we were gonna have a NutMeg-free day of outbursts and nasty attitude, she gets smart with Sen. Gillibrand. They still flipped the house, Meghan. And Sen. Gillibrand knows more about what's going on with Nany Pelosi than you, anyway.

• Love 18

I missed the first 15 minutes? Worth catching later on YouTube or was it as boring as the rest of the show? I enjoyed that Gillibrand didn't back down from calling the midterms a Blue Wave just because McCain chooses to be delusional about the fact that the Senate was always unlikely to flip with the 2018 map.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I missed the first 15 minutes? Worth catching later on YouTube or was it as boring as the rest of the show? 

They talked about the California fires and Trump’s tweet and the SNL Dan Crenshaw/Pete Davidson segment.

EDIT: @TheGreenKnight sorry I didn't directly answer your question but no, you're not missing anything significant from the first 15 minutes. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

And since I can't let a post go by without a Meghan comment, of course she has a good friend who was a firefighter. 

May I also randomly mention I also have a good friend who is a firefighter. He is a helicopter pilot who fights fires. Oh and he is also a veteran.  Was an Army Ranger.  So hah Meghan.

• Love 16
20 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:
On 11/11/2018 at 10:38 AM, Haleth said:

But she's so abysmally BAD at the "gotcha" stuff. She tries, I gotta give her that. But with little to no success. She's the living embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger Effect: she has no idea she's nowhere near as smart or politically savvy as the guests she so desperately wants to "fillet." And they so sweetly and effortlessly swat her away each time.

I love watching Meghan's "I am about to fillet you face"  turn into "Oh shit, it didn't work so I will grit my teeth and plaster on a big smile so no one will notice angry face."  She fails every single time, yet she keeps trying.  We need a video montage of her attempted filleting of her political foes and how each and every one of the swat her away like she is a gnat.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, pianogirl73 said:

I'm not sure why they all didn't start jumping up and down with joy for Meghan. She told us all that Crenshaw was going to be a Congressman. (said sarcastically) What is wrong with people? They should be clapping wildly for her. 

Right Crenshaw won a district than leans republican (partly due to gerrymandering),   He was heavily favored in the polls.  We didn’t need MM to tell us he would win.   

MM interview with Gillebrand was laughable.  You can’t ask a question and then not let her answer because she doesn’t fall in the silly trap you tried to set.  Also if she’s going to quote stats as the basis of a question, she needs to cite the source.  Her blue card is not a sufficient source.

• Love 23

Unrelated to the content of the show, I have to say, when I see clips of The View on Youtube, I'm never really sure if they're new or not because it seems like Whoopi wears the same variation of outfit almost every day, lol. 

I get this show needs to discuss current events but I don't understand why some of them still act incredulous by the lack of empathy and sense that often is the topic of their discussion. It's been 2 years, why do you expect any better at this point? 

Maybe it's a bit of both but I couldn't tell if the subdued audience was because vets uniform are expected to be more apolitical and/or or they're collective training would see applause during the talking segments as being disruptive. 

Meghan tried her best to bring it with tough questions. Of course she didn't have the graciousness to allow the guest to answer her question as it was posed to her but for someone who is constantly lecturing Democrats on branding and unifying if they want a shot in 2020, her questions lately all seem to be an attempt at sowing divisiveness within the party by asking pointed questions that are aimed at belittling or denigrating the ability of Polosi in particular. No one has fallen for it and I don't understand why she thinks anyone will. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, JayD83 said:

Meghan makes me sick with her so-called "gotcha" questions when it comes to Democrats on this show.  Gillibrand is NOT going to throw Pelosi under the bus on national TV just because YOU want her too!  She did the same thing last week to the newest democratic Rep from Minnesota (I think)? 

Yes! That was Ilhan Omar, who is MY rep! *beams*

• Love 7
2 hours ago, pianogirl73 said:

I'm not sure why they all didn't start jumping up and down with joy for Meghan. She told us all that Crenshaw was going to be a Congressman. (said sarcastically)

She also said Donnelley was going to win in Indiana. Sadly, he did not, and it wasn't close.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan tried her best to bring it with tough questions. Of course she didn't have the graciousness to allow the guest to answer her question as it was posed to her

That causes my first producers' note:

#1   PRODUCERS:   We know that Meghan is allowed/encouraged to rudely interrupt her fellow tablemates at every turn. "Can I just finish???"   Is it too much to ask that she show at least a modicum of courtesy to your guests?  Teach her to ask a question, sit back and listen (or pretend to listen) to the answer, and then go in for the kill.  

#2   PRODUCERS:   Today's military family is a good lesson regarding your own courtesy.  All three of the family members were tearing-up/weeping.  Can't someone provide guests like them a little box/cube of tissues?  One of today's sponsors was AngelSoft.  They would probably be OVERJOYED to provide little cubes of tissues so your guests don't have to keep wiping their eyes/noses with their hands, clothing, etc.    AngelSoft.jpg.c31c630c23f2932d00459d7447417e6c.jpg

P.S.  Or...take a page from The Book of Dr. Phil.  He somehow has a magical supply of nice cotton handkerchiefs (usually more than one) in his breast pocket.  Monogrammed! Gifting "The View" hankies to guests would appear to be sweet and kind...AND that's one more thing you can shill...er-r-r-r sell in your "official online store."  DrPhilHandkerchief.thumb.jpg.f4ced1b58c070919a529403c8872cd02.jpg

Edited by HaaCHOO
substituted "Gifting" for "Providing."
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Okay gals and gents, dare I watch today's episode without a little cocktail? It is a little early even for me. Advice?

To me, yes.  If only for the Vets. MM was relatively quiet.  It was Whoopi who seemed like she rushed out the Senator

Just to clarify, i was saying yes to watching, i will never say no to a cocktail hah

Edited by Tammee
Clarification
  • Love 2

The tranq gun trigger finger was getting twitchy when MM started in with her patented rudeness to Senator Gillibrand, but because she didn't take it to her usual top volume shrieking, it eased off. I'm sure it will get more exercise later in the week.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Okay gals and gents, dare I watch today's episode without a little cocktail? It is a little early even for me. Advice?

No, you should never watch The View without a little cocktail.  Or a big one.  Time of day be damned.  That's my advice (which I follow). ??

• Love 8
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Unrelated to the content of the show, I have to say, when I see clips of The View on Youtube, I'm never really sure if they're new or not because it seems like Whoopi wears the same variation of outfit almost every day, lol. 

I know. She is like a cartoon.

• Love 10

Viewers of the View: Last week's thread is locked. Please do not discuss events that occurred on last week's show in this week's thread. Related: Please don't speculate about what topics might be discussed on future episodes. What you can post about was what was actually discussed on a show that was actually broadcast—all without introducing your personal political beliefs into the conversation. 

It was obvious to me everyone was on their best behavior out of respect for the many vets and their families in today's audience.  That, however, didn't prevent NutMeg from being rude and disrespectful to Senator Gillibrand.  She just can't help herself.  She has to get the last word in with her gotcha comments.  Senator Gillibrand didn't bite and didn't worship at her alter, at least on camera, for which I'm grateful.  

• Love 10
On 11/11/2018 at 8:54 AM, TheView said:

On Monday, Meghan is gonna lose it with Gillibrand. 

Maybe I've missed it, but I have never seen a guest back down from Meghan. If anything I've seen a lot of push back and schooling. 

22 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Incredibly insensitive, in bad taste, just wrong and NOT FUNNY!

• Love 6
21 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Yes! That was Ilhan Omar, who is MY rep! *beams*

Mine is Betty McCullum who has been in the House since 2001. Yeah! for Minnesota women in public office!

Both of our Senators are also women. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Maybe I've missed it, but I have never seen a guest back down from Meghan. If anything I've seen a lot of push back and schooling. 

I think (hope) their handlers tell them what to expect...and probably conduct several practice sessions before sending them to Meghan's Table.

1 hour ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Incredibly insensitive, in bad taste, just wrong and NOT FUNNY!

RickHurst186, RickHurst186...did you not see her wink?  Did you not see her chummy explanation of her true intention?   Whoopi insults her own intelligence.

• Love 4

I really think the words spilled out of Whoopi's mouth before she could stop them, then she thought, "crap, did I really just say that?"  Her wink and smile was an attempt to cover with a joke. Yeah, unfunny, but BTDT.

• Love 11