Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Hubert

Trini
  • Start Topic

On 11/13/2018 at 3:21 AM, The Wild Sow said:

I hope they get that new fish a proper aquarium with a filter!  And I'm pretty sure platies are social; they should get 3 or 5.

An odd number, to break ties when they vote?

On 11/16/2018 at 1:16 PM, doctor destiny said:

He wouldn't inherit the whole business.  He owned just less than half.  He'd still be in the same predicament.  

Unless Bearded Brother had made a will giving his portion of the business to someone other than No-Beard Brother, N-B B would probably own the business, less any probate taxes and fees., seeing as he was likely next-of-kin.

• Love 2

Hated the stuff with Claire and her friend. It was so inappropriate and agree the friend was manipulative.

The Melendez and Claire scenes feel so inappropriate for the fact that he comes off as such an authoritive figure while she seems really young or something around him. I'm not really liking it anymore.

Why does Reznick never wear scrubs like the rest of them?

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Hated the stuff with Claire and her friend. It was so inappropriate and agree the friend was manipulative.

The Melendez and Claire scenes feel so inappropriate for the fact that he comes off as such an authoritive figure while she seems really young or something around him. I'm not really liking it anymore.

Well, Melendez is an authoritative figure. He is the respected attending physician with years of experience and she is a second year resident whose job is to work under his direction and learn from him. Melendez is a probably in his early 40s and Claire is maybe 27 or 28. They are not anywhere close to being peers.

We have repeatedly seen that Claire is also a manipulative person so she and her friend deserve each other.

Edited by orza
  • Love 1
On 11/12/2018 at 9:08 PM, Annber03 said:

Hey, nice song choice at the end there, show :D. 

Aw. I'm glad Shaun decided to sort out the fish issue as he did. That ending was cute. I loved that puppy and the cats that he and Lea were looking at, too, though-so flipping cute! 

And now we have a better idea of what all Lea went through in Hershey. Having a falling out with your brother and a business going under would certainly affect things, yeah. Hopefully she'll find a way to deal with that-I wonder if we'll see her try and patch things up with her brother at some point. I do think she needs to chill on calling Shaun at work, though. His job's just not equipped for that kind of interruption. 

As for the cases, I loved Shaun trying to work things out between the two brothers. His comments about his own father and his brother broke my heart, too. Oh, Shaun...:(. 

And I'm glad that Claire's friend survived-I was totally expecting her friend to die after that fight they had, and Claire being stuck thinking about her final words to her. Very glad they didn't go that route. I do think Claire was right to call her friend out for pushing her so hard with Dash, and I can sympathize with her irritation at the other examples she gave as well. But the whole "trying to control other things because you can't control your own situation" thing makes sense, too. I hope we get an update on how her friend's doing at some point, or at least Claire gets a chance to spend one last time with her friend doing something fun, or whatever. 

So Glassman's memory is shorting on him. Oh, dear. 

Yeah. She knows what Shuan does. Pretty unreasonable (and glad to learn she doesn't not make an appearance in the next episode). 

I know I'm very late, but this episode made me crazy. I used to love Claire, but now I kind of hate her. What's with all the doctors in this show giving unsolicited advice to the patients at all times? What makes them think they are entitled to decide how the patients should live their lives? Why do they think they should decide the best course of action for the patients at any given time? Everyone has been doing that in the last episodes (Lin with the circumcised girl, Park with the mother in distress, Shaun with the brothers etc), but Claire is the absolute worst, because apparently she has "empathy" for other people. Having empathy is understanding how the other person feels; doesn't mean you get to decide for the other person. Let's see: she decides a young girl can't climb anymore; she decides anorexic girl has to have brain surgery; she decides her dying friend has to have a very risky cancer surgery; and THEN she decides to blurt out all her resentments against said friend minutes before she's doing said surgery. Did I miss anything? And the absolute worst for me: she goes behind her boss and offers an experimental treatment to a patient, after her boss has said no. Sorry, that's not being assertive, that's being disrespectful. If she really believed her option was the best, she should have convinced her boss, not ignored him. If I ever did that in my job, I would be fired right away. Melendez was very nice to just leave her out of his team. The fact that she hasn't apologized yet makes me so mad. Who does she think she is? That said, I wouldn't be against a romance. I want to see Melendez in a romantic relationship, and maybe they might be good to each other...

I love Richard Schiff to pieces, so he can have all the time in the series he wants. I just want Glassman to have some help. Hope Debbie realizes he's just humiiated (and scared of becoming a burden to her) and comes back to be by his side.

I hate how the authors are writing Lea this season, but I still love watching Shaun when he's around her. He seems so happy and content when they're together. It's completely worth the messy plotlines, IMO. 

Edited by maddie965
  • Love 3