Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E10: Week 8: Semi-Finals

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Threw all my votes to Evanna and Keo. She has really come a long way this season, as has Keo.

As did I, and I vote maybe once every other orange moon. I just rarely feel compelled enough to bother.

The funny thing is when I saw this season’s lineup I had absolutely no one whom I thought would be worth watching and I was ready to clock-out after week one, but there was something about Evanna and Keo that kept me watching them, and I am so glad that I’ve been able to witness their journey.

The incredible growth she has shown, his improvement as a pro and a teacher, their connection that they share, it has been so fulfilling to witness in real time and whatever happens I am glad that I watched and voted, and I hope they both are extremely proud of all that they’ve accomplished, because I certainly am. 

I think Evanna’s journey is what got her to the end. She certainly didn’t come on with a super sob story, she wasn’t exactly the most famous HP face, she didn’t have Mark or Derek or Val to dance with to get instant votes from their fan bases, I truly believe she earned her spot by just being herself and connecting with the viewers more and more every week. 

The applause from the crowd and all the cheering after both of her dances tonight, I think that has translated into votes for her and it was a delight to see her not only called safe but not even put in jeopardy. 

And the same goes for Keo, he has found his groove, his place on the show and he’s blossoming. The tears he shed seemed cleansing to me, it was as if he was finally letting go of a lot of the negativity of the past that has weighed down on him. I found it a beautifully moving moment.  

Edited by AnswersWanted
  • Love 17
12 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

With him being the first black pro on the show and now the first black pro to make it to the finals and could possible win, I know he has alot of pressure on him. 

The only "pressure" on Keo is the people who keep bringing up that he's the first black pro to do this and do that. I don't ever remember reading about the first Mormon pro to make the finals or the first Russian pro to make the finals or the first Filipina pro to make the finals. For all the calls of racism this season, it seems those are the people who keep bringing race into every single conversation and making it an issue.

• Love 17

Every iHeart station that carries the Bobby Bones show has been pushing him mercilessly to their audiences....that's a lot of free promotion.  It doesn't matter that he can't dance, and has improved very little...those stations are no doubt following headquarters commands.

ETA:  Also, when I saw that Sharna had been added to the list of presenters at Wednesday's Country Music Association awards show....I knew Bobby was not going to be eliminated this week.  ABC was not going to allow Bobby to be denied his "big moment" during that show...aired on ABC.

Edited by sinycalone
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, BeeBop88 said:

I can't stop laughing at Erin's hair. It is so awful. Some hairdresser at DWTS really hates Erin. It looks like my hair does when I get out of bed in the morning. 

I thought the same thing!!! Even her dress looked like a nightgown with that ribbon around the waist.  She looked like she just climbed out of bed.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 3
Just now, Toonces464 said:

The only "pressure" on Keo is the people who keep bringing up that he's the first black pro to do this and do that. I don't ever remember reading about the first Mormon pro to make the finals or the first Russian pro to make the finals or the first Filipina pro to make the finals. For all the calls of racism this season, it seems those are the people who keep bringing race into every single conversation and making it an issue.

I want get into race with u on this board. If u have no idea what it means for keo to be in the position he is then by all means I hope u gain the knowledge one day to comprehend it instead of being oblivious to what it means for someone like him.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Almost all of the pros are from the former Soviet Union or Mormons. It would not make sense to point that out.  

Keo making the finals is not Obama groundbreaking, but it is noteworthy. 

• Love 14
Just now, gohawks said:

Almost all of the pros are from the former Soviet Union or Mormons. It would not make sense to point that out.  

Keo making the finals is not Obama groundbreaking, but it is noteworthy. 

Black pros r already scarce in the ballroom world anyway, so for keo to finally have this moment, it is def. something to take note of and be proud of. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

Every iHeart station that carries the Bobby Bones show has been pushing him mercilessly to their audiences....that's a lot of free promotion.  It doesn't matter that he can't dance, and has improved very little...those stations are no doubt following headquarters commands.

If he wins (I can't believe I had to type those words) his 'fans' will have done him no favor.  The hate will be fierce.  He's seems likable enough, and I have noticed some slight improvement, but he is by far the least talented dancer.  If Bobby Bones wins, he may very well single-handedly deal the death blow to this show.  For me - if that happens - there will be no point to watching great dancer after great dancer get eliminated because of some crazy fan base out there somewhere for someone who clearly shouldn't even be there.  Now, if all the "stars" were somewhat equally talented, the voting fan bases wouldn't bother me.  It's when someone with obviously inferior dancing ability keeps getting nudged through over others who clearly can dance, that I lose interest.  What's the point?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AnswersWanted said:

My feeling is that Juan Pablo unfortunately was presumed safe by a lot of people who could have given him their votes but instead assumed he would make the finals easy and it just didn't turn out that way.

At least Joe is gone so there's that. 

I bet it's killing Jenna that the show all but pushed her (and Joe) out of the way at the end to commiserate with Juan Pablo about his shocking elimination and she (and Joe) got completely overshadowed on their own elimination night.

Tinashe's elimination in week four (and to lesser extent Mary Lou's the week later) was the best thing that happened to Alexis, because that is when the show started their campaign to push her forward into the finale, complete with fake showmance that neither of them can sell. And it hasn't worked because they've been in jeopardy most weeks if not every week since Mary Lou went home. She's been getting overscored for dances that I don't think have been all that. Bobby is marginally better than Joe, but that isn't saying much and for the most part I don't think Sharna likes him. Evanna is good but her pro is Keo that hasn't ever gotten this far before and I don't have high hopes for what he can do for a freestyle. Milo deserves to win because people think he is the best dancer, not win by default because his co-finalists stink or are handicapped by their pro.

Joe's comments for his first dance from all three judges were that he didn't do much of anything (which is on Jenna, not on him, and it wasn't the first time he'd gotten that critique or a note like it) but his incompetence didn't distract from what Jenna choreographed for herself and that they weren't worried about Jenna's safety. And that got him two sevens and an eight?!

Maybe if they didn't want to embarrass their semi-finals and undercut their own credibility by bringing out the fours and fives for that dance, they should have started him at threes and fours.

• Love 5

Mr SD and I said pretty much the same thing as everyone else ...

* Yay, Joe is gone (he looked so relieved lol)

* JP should have stayed over Bobby

We very rarely vote ... but tonight we did for Evanna & Keo. I teared up when he did... and I thought that Evanna and Keo’s dances were beautiful. She danced wonderfully, we thought.

As for the showmance, we don’t care either way. Alexis dances beautifully and the showmance doesn’t make us vote for them. I would rather watch her than Bobby.  Milo and Witney have a cute relationship and it won’t be a tragedy if he wins.

Fingers crossed that Evanna wins it all. 

• Love 6

If Alexis wants to even remotely sell this showmance she should really stop posting videos after the show of her and Milo celebrating,him giving her a piggyback ride down the street etc. 

Im bummed Juan Pablo was eliminated, and I feel bad he had so many people there for him tonight, and then got this disappointing blow. 

I love how supportive Camryn is of Milo. And I like seeing her insta stories and the diff celebs that go to the tapings with her each week. 

• Love 11

It was nice to see Keo tear up....my own room got a little dusty for him!  I hope he has fun choreo for the finals planned.

also happy to see Milo in the Finals.  That makes sense to me...he’s young and fun to watch.  A little hunched at the neck at times but I like his spirit.

Not sure who I like less....Fake Alexis or Spazzy Bobby.  I guess Alexis.  I would have rather seen JP in there instead of her whiny clinging showmance spiel.  

So the finals comes down to Alexis, Evanna, Milo and Bobby?  2 women and 2 men?  Hmph 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, emcmac87 said:

If Alexis wants to even remotely sell this showmance she should really stop posting videos after the show of her and Milo celebrating,him giving her a piggyback ride down the street etc. 

Im bummed Juan Pablo was eliminated, and I feel bad he had so many people there for him tonight, and then got this disappointing blow. 

I love how supportive Camryn is of Milo. And I like seeing her insta stories and the diff celebs that go to the tapings with her each week. 

I think Alexis got a thing for Milo. Isnt he about to turn 18 and she is only 21. I mean she acts immature anyway. Alan is so not feeling her. Like I said he has a better connection with the kids he is mentoring on junior than Alexis.

Just now, MsJamieDornan said:

This season I only knew 5 of the "celebs". I've watched every season, maybe this should be my last.

I only knew four and that was Tinashe, Nancy, Mary Lou and John. Everybody else I had to google.

• Love 1

Oh, America.  You finally get it right on a night you simultaneously get it so, so wrong.

Alexis gave Alan the Bachelor Handshake when they were called safe.  Have some decency, woman!  I don't need to see that shit outside of the franchise.

• Love 10

Something else re: Evanna and Keo is that tonight, particularly, I never once noticed him outdancing her. He was still doing that earlier in this season, but I don't recall it being apparent the last couple of weeks, and not at all this evening. She's developed wonderfully as an amateur, but he's also getting a crash course in how to be a good pro, thanks to having someone reliable whose confidence has really begun to take root these last few performances. I've been somewhat critical of the show in the past for giving Keo and Gleb as many opportunities as they have -- though I got why they did so with Keo -- but Keo's definitely proven himself now, and moreso than he did with Jodie. (Gleb can still go ANYTIME, especially if he plans more attention-grabbers like that crap with Emma in the bumper tonight.)

I was basically backing Milo for a win most of the season, always assuming that Evanna would be an early to mid-season out, but now that she's made it to the finals, she wound up getting all my votes once again.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I think Alexis got a thing for Milo. Isnt he about to turn 18 and she is only 21. I mean she acts immature anyway. Alan is so not feeling her. Like I said he has a better connection with the kids he is mentoring on junior than Alexis.

I only knew four and that was Tinashe, Nancy, Mary Lou and John. Everybody else I had to google.

Juniors was filmed over the summer, so Alan isn’t simultaneously working on both shows.

There isn’t a connection between Alan and Alexis because their “partnership” has been manufactured by the production department and is totally fake. 

Edited by Bridget
Grammar is always important.
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I don't ever remember reading about the first Mormon pro to make the finals or the first Russian pro to make the finals or the first Filipina pro to make the finals.

5 hours ago, gohawks said:

There was a time when former Soviets questioned whether American viewers would back them for the win.  The only Russian-speaking pro win through 12 seasons was Alec Mazo in season 1.  That result was so controversial, an unofficial Dance-Off ensued.  In one interview, Karina said she had convinced herself that American audiences would only vote for English speaking pros to win, and that she had made peace with that "reality".  Then she was partnered with J.R..  IMHO, having let go the "baggage" of wanting to win and putting too much pressure on herself and her partners, she was finally in the right mindset to focus on J.R.'s journey and needs.  And she finally won.

I would also note Lindsay, who has talked about losing confidence after being demoted to troupe and wondering whether she was "good enough" to be a pro.  When she accepted that she could only be herself--and determined that would be enough no matter what happened with regard to DTWS--she got another shot at pro, and this time she thrived.

Tying that to this season: There was definitely a lot of pressure on Keo, both internal and external.  He was rushed to pro, he struggled, he was demoted to troupe, and then he had low potential partners upon returning to pro.  While some fans complained that he deserved better partners, and others complained that he was getting more chances than previous struggling pros to remain on the show, Keo himself seemed to take the demotion and subsequent partners in stride.  It was through that process that he grew as a partner, imho.

With Evanna, he doesn't just have someone who can dance.  Evanna has a winning personality, a great story to tell, and a great attitude towards the show.  Like Karina and Lindsay, Keo now has the confidence and mindset to focus on Evanna's journey and let her shine.  (Narrative-wise for sure, and also dance-wise imho, though not everyone may agree.)  While other pros could have reached the finals with Evanna, I'm not sure that Keo could have reached the finals with Evanna without the growth and journey of his nine seasons on the show.

I'm also not sure he would have been partnered with Evanna if not for the new showrunner.  It was a previous new showrunner who rushed Keo and Allison to pro in the first place.  For all the problems of this season, I'd give the new guy (who joined just prior to Athletes season) a chance to process the complaints and to respond next season.  Back to this season, I split my votes evenly between Evanna and Milo.  They've been my favorite celebs since the start, and I'd be happy to see either win.

Edited by RomanKat
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

So going back to Alexis' bullshit over score, which makes me think they were trying to save her but maybe not to the detriment of Juan Pablo, it really annoyed me because of those bullshit scores they were throwing at Milo. Of course I'm wondering if he's killing in the votes and they want to create a little bit of tension for the finale. Still annoying though, to see Milo dance his ass off and get 28 and Alexis get a 30 for a Jive that had damn near the entire studio on stage with her and had some limp flicks and kicks.

I loved both of Milo's dances tonight, so his scores were disappointing to me as well. The judges' especially seemed to score Milo's AT as a direct ranking to Juan Pablo's, even though they had nothing negative to say, and Milo's had a different style and modern song.

And even if he and Witney do a great freestyle next Monday, it won't even matter, because there will barely be any time to vote and the judges will probably score all of them 30.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I really don't think anyone has stopped watching because of Carrie Ann, Len or Bruno.

I have definitely muted Bruno on more than one occasion, though. 

I always think of the Argentine Tango as a hooker/customer dance.   Whether accurate or not, I do.  So it seems kind of a stretch to put a 17-year old out there and have him do a proper AT without looking icky.   JP and Cheryl had the right amount of intensity and "adult content".

1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

Quick question: who was sitting right behind Camryn Manheim in the audience? She looked so familiar but I cannot place her name. She was blonde, maybe a comedian. 

That was Caroline Rhea.  She was on Sabrina years ago as an aunt.

Edited by Suzysite
  • Love 7

I started watching this show during the Alfonso Ribeiro season, so, I don't know if the elimination rules have changed since the first season. Did they ever try to do what they do on the British show (Strictly Come Dancing) where the scores and audience votes determine the bottom couples and then the judges decide which couple goes after a dance off? It seems to me that would ensure good dancers like Juan Pablo don't go home too soon.  

They can always leave the final decision up to the voters, but we would at least get good dancers in the final.  Bobby seems to be genuinely enjoying being on the show and his enthusiasm can be contagious, but it seems incredibly unfair that he stays and JP goes, given how much of a better dancer JP is.  I don't particularly like Alexis, on a personal level (everything with her seems manufactured, not real, except when she talks about her mom), but she is a better dancer than Bobby.

Of the 4 contenders remaining, Evanna and Milo are the best dancers, so I hope they duke it out in the finals.  And may the best dancer win (based on their final performances).

• Love 5

This season started off so promising to me on the first episode.  A lot of energy and good dancing, and then down it went as one by one, people I reasonably liked left and then for the semi finals I was left with half of the pairs that I didn't like.  It left me feeling very meh after the show.  I can't help but think the people that actually care about the dancing are some of the viewers that were lost over the years, and now we are left with viewers that mainly go by choosing a random person to vote for and the rest of us are stuck with that person for far too long.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

This season I only knew 5 of the "celebs". I've watched every season, maybe this should be my last.

I knew about Evanna, John, and Juan Pablo. Everyone else I either have just heard their name (like Grocery Store Joe or Nikki Glaser....remember her?) or never heard of them at all (Tinashe and Demarcus). 

• Love 3

Well I had milo and JP as my final 2. Not bad but I do prefer JP.  After so many seasons, I’m not surprised that Bobby made it. You had to figure someone undeserving would get there. Gotta bow down to showmance.  Congrats Alexis.  For me, milo and evanna made the finals the right way—good routines for good judges scores plus pleasing personalities for viewer votes.  Either is deserving but I have to go with Evanna because Whitney has already won.  Plus I enjoyed their contemporary routine.  JPs AT was my favorite. He must’ve had a lot of training. He was too good.  

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

If he wins (I can't believe I had to type those words) his 'fans' will have done him no favor.  The hate will be fierce.  He's seems likable enough, and I have noticed some slight improvement, but he is by far the least talented dancer.  If Bobby Bones wins, he may very well single-handedly deal the death blow to this show.  For me - if that happens - there will be no point to watching great dancer after great dancer get eliminated because of some crazy fan base out there somewhere for someone who clearly shouldn't even be there.  Now, if all the "stars" were somewhat equally talented, the voting fan bases wouldn't bother me.  It's when someone with obviously inferior dancing ability keeps getting nudged through over others who clearly can dance, that I lose interest.  What's the point?

I don't think he'll win or should win but it's not like this show is really about the dancing anyway. The best dancer hardly ever wins. So I don't think it would hurt the show's "credibility". 

• Love 7
Just now, Beatrice said:

The best dancer hardly ever wins.

Depends on how one defines best. But more often than not, the eventual winner is someone who at the least, was a consistent high scorer throughout the season. If Bobby wins, while I agree that it won't hurt the show's "credibility", it certainly would rank as one of the worse wins in the show's history. 

• Love 16

Thank baby Jesus and all the reindeer that stripper pole joe has gone the way of the dinosaur.  He has to be the most low effort “star” I’ve ever seen on TV. 

Poor Kendall.  Can’t hobnob with famous people anymore.

JP is sexy and should have been in the final.  I really don’t care though. 

• Love 5

I haven't watched DWT all season long. Too many things happening right now and too many other shows filling up my dvr….LOL! 

I did happen to tune in yesterday's show just in time for the eliminations. This Juan Pablo everyone keeps talking about was the front runner I take it? The issue I had was not with America but with the judges and Erin Andrews. They were wrong to react the way they did. They shouldn't have no part in giving their opinions about a couple or contestant. What about the other couple that made it, whether or not they weren't better than JP, that couple should be happy and have their "moment". But they couldn't because all the judges and Erin Andrews kept saying "No, no, this is wrong"! TPTB have to know how America votes. The viewers aren't pros. We vote according to our own guidelines and rules. That's the way it goes. It's frustrating, but that's the way America votes. Like I said earlier, I didn't watch the show this season so I don't know why a so called favorite would be eliminated. Maybe something JP said or did turned off viewers? Maybe it was Cheryl? Who knows? But it's certainly wrong for the judges and Erin Andrews to basically call out the last couple that made it through and basically let them know they shouldn't be in the finals. 

• Love 3

juan pablo’s elimination is hands down the most shocking elimination of the season. even more shocking than tinashe’s. honestly one of the most shocking eliminations in the history of this show. this is just extremely unfair and beyond bogus. i have never been this upset about an elimination in such a long time and that says something. they say it is a dance contest but this is nothing more than a popularity contest. unfair to the highest level. juan pablo was the one to beat and he could have won this whole thing along with tinashe. i’m beyond furious. i can’t even..........

• Love 10
Just now, tedd said:

juan pablo’s elimination is hands down the most shocking elimination of the season. even more shocking than tinashe’s. honestly one of the most shocking eliminations in the history of this show. this is just extremely unfair and beyond bogus. i have never been this upset about an elimination in such a long time and that says something. they say it is a dance contest but this is nothing more than a popularity contest. unfair to the highest level. juan pablo was the one to beat and he could have won this whole thing along with tinashe. i’m beyond furious. i can’t even..........

Nah, he shouldnt have went home over Bobby for sure but I still pissed over Tinashe. She wasnt even given a fair shot at all and where was Len's Justice speech when Tinashe got eliminated after that God awful dance grocery store Joe had performed and was still safe. This season was awful from the judges, eliminations and forced showmance between two people who clearly aint feeling each other like that. Like I said the only saving grace is for Evanna and keo to win this damn thing.

Juan Pablo elimination sucks exp. since he was getting so many perfect scores but atleast he left on a highnote and the judges made him feel great, tinashe didnt getting any of that. She left by getting underscored again with silence and no encouragement from the judges.

• Love 3

JP was my favorite and I'm beyond pissed, but I'm also watching this show for 24 seasons and I know how things roll. All you have do is look at social media to see how things will shake out and fantastic dancing will often get overshadowed. The Bobby fans in particular are a force. They don't care. They just don't care what he does. He could fall on his ass and they would say he's entertaining. The fake showmance shit with Alexa is whipping all these shippers into a frenzy (and sorry I don't give a crap how upset she was at the reaction last night, she's getting rewarded for playing into this showmance stuff).

Carrie Ann was pissed. She was ranting even after she got home last night but she more than anyone shouldn't be shocked at good dancers getting booted for whatever reason.

• Love 9
Just now, howmanywords said:

JP was my favorite and I'm beyond pissed, but I'm also watching this show for 24 seasons and I know how things roll. All you have do is look at social media to see how things will shake out and fantastic dancing will often get overshadowed. The Bobby fans in particular are a force. They don't care. They just don't care what he does. He could fall on his ass and they would say he's entertaining. The fake showmance shit with Alexa is whipping all these shippers into a frenzy (and sorry I don't give a crap how upset she was at the reaction last night, she's getting rewarded for playing into this showmance stuff).

Carrie Ann was pissed. She was ranting even after she got home last night but she more than anyone shouldn't be shocked at good dancers getting booted for whatever reason.

Of course carrieann was pissed because she hates to a goodlooking man go home that can dance but I have never known her to go on rant when great dancing females get sent home. She is noting more than hating ass woman. This is a woman who admitted she was jealous when Julianne Hough was added to the judges table.

• Love 2

That sucks about Juan Pablo, but Booby's groupies + TPTB's pimping was going to get him in the final. And Alexis making it reeks of manipulation. How is someone in jeopardy every week and still makes it? I'm okay with her being there because she's good, but JP should be there over Booby.

I'm really glad for Keo and Evanna. They got no help from TPTB and totally earned it on their own. You go girl.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, lavenderblue said:

Something else re: Evanna and Keo is that tonight, particularly, I never once noticed him outdancing her. He was still doing that earlier in this season, but I don't recall it being apparent the last couple of weeks, and not at all this evening. She's developed wonderfully as an amateur, but he's also getting a crash course in how to be a good pro, thanks to having someone reliable whose confidence has really begun to take root these last few performances. I've been somewhat critical of the show in the past for giving Keo and Gleb as many opportunities as they have -- though I got why they did so with Keo -- but Keo's definitely proven himself now, and moreso than he did with Jodie. (Gleb can still go ANYTIME, especially if he plans more attention-grabbers like that crap with Emma in the bumper tonight.)

Ugh, he is so gross. Emma looked a bit nonplussed by that little ad-lib as well. I automatically root against anyone paired with him, I wish they would let him go altogether, I don't even want to see him in the troupe. 

I think Joe was glad to finally be gone.  He had a good run.  I'm also glad he's gone because the haters don't have anything left to say.  Now I just hope he dumps Kendall soon.

I think he was really afraid he was going to wind up in the finale. Also, with the shocking boot of JP and the booing and outcry, he was probably glad it wasn't him staying over another talented dancer.

There's something about Bobby that I find unpleasant, so I'm doubly annoyed that he made it this far. I don't mind a less talented dancer if I liked them on a personality level/like the relationship they have with their pro (like David Ross with Lindsay), but Bobby is irritating and I don't think Sharna is that enamored of him.

Also, him standing on stage giving the thumbs down to JP's ouster seemed...off. If I were the untalented clod staying on due to a disproportionately large voting bloc, I'd be hiding in the background like Joe did every week. 

I was also hoping to ditch Alexis, but alas, not to be. Sorry to see JP go, it was nice to see Cheryl back and so energized by having such a talented celeb. 

Rooting for a Milo or Evanna win. I thought she was 2nd or 3rd week cannon fodder at the start, but she's had a lovely growth arc and I've enjoyed Milo since the very beginning, so either one of them winning would be great. 

• Love 7

Just catching up with the show. My notes by memory.

I kind of like Erin's dress. I'd get rid of the bow, though. That's just me.

Round One

Bobby Bones - All of the extra dancers distracted me from what Bobby was doing. Those pelvic thrusts though...

Once that routine was over, I was thinking, "That was it?"

Alexis - Continuing in on the showmance I see. I found myself focusing more on that than her actual Waltz

Joe - That Contemporary had potential to be a beautiful dance, but it felt robotic at times. Their was no fluid transitions with the moves. And I agree with Len, Joe did not do much.

Juan Pablo - I'll admit, I do forget about him at times, but it dance was pretty good. Sharp leg work, and I appreciate that they did not use an overload of lifts, but just one. The bright light in the beginning kind of "blurred" the view of them, so I'm glad they danced away from it (or rather, the camera gave us a different view/angle). I loved the music that was used for the dance, "Libertango." And he looked dapper with his hair slicked like that.

Evanna - She's grown a lot. It's lovely to see. I was iffy about the song for the Contemporary, but I think she rocked it.

Erin's "Hormonal" comment. Okay, girl...

Gleb with that ending move/pelvic trust on Emma just after the commercial. What.The.Hell?!

Milo - I'll have to watch that again. I got distracted thinking about the song choice. But the parts that I did see was good. The package with him and his mother was sweet.

Caroline Rhea sitting behind Camryn Manheim. Wonder what she's been up to.

Round 2

Bobby Bones - Yeah, his legs were a bit far apart for the Jive, and his kicks were high. But the routine was fun. And his moves a little more refined. The "Snow Angel" in the middle of the routine was random.

Alexis - Alexis and Alan costarring Brandon - that was...quite something. The dancing was great and had a good energy about it. I wish another song was chosen (even though it fit the Jive). Maybe because I'm tying the "We're going to fall in love" with their Showmance.

Jenna backing it up at random. Girl, bye! (I know the troupe was dancing around them, but still...)

Joe - That was a good improvement. I'll give him that.

Have I ever seen Bruno dance? I'm still trying to find him in Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" video.

Juan Pablo - Good energy, but I had a hard time seeing if he improved on his hip work.

Pickle Me Walnuts, eh? Maybe I should look that one up.

Evanna - Unfortunately I'll have to re-watch that. I was thinking about the song choice and distracted by the lasers.

Milo - I wish I saw more of him. There were times when I saw Whitney in front of him so I couldn't see how he was doing. I have to agree with Len, I didn't care for the leg work at times. But he does evoke a lot of joy which makes him enjoyable to watch. Plus, I loved how he handled Carrie Ann and Len's critique.

The Elimnation

I'd glad that Evanna's still in. I was worried that she may be out this week.

I'm glad that Joe is out. Yes, he improved, but he stayed longer than necessary in my opinion.

Even though I forgot about him at times, I am bummed that Juan Pablo is gone. I really wanted to see what Cheryl would with him in the Freestyle Round.

By the way, I don't see Bobby winning or coming in second.

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

This is a woman who admitted she was jealous when Julianne Hough was added to the judges table.

I never saw anywhere that Carrie Ann said she was jealous when Julianne was added as a judge.

1 hour ago, rr2911 said:

I haven't watched DWT all season long. Too many things happening right now and too many other shows filling up my dvr….LOL! 

I did happen to tune in yesterday's show just in time for the eliminations. This Juan Pablo everyone keeps talking about was the front runner I take it? The issue I had was not with America but with the judges and Erin Andrews. They were wrong to react the way they did. They shouldn't have no part in giving their opinions about a couple or contestant. What about the other couple that made it, whether or not they weren't better than JP, that couple should be happy and have their "moment". But they couldn't because all the judges and Erin Andrews kept saying "No, no, this is wrong"! TPTB have to know how America votes. The viewers aren't pros. We vote according to our own guidelines and rules. That's the way it goes. It's frustrating, but that's the way America votes. Like I said earlier, I didn't watch the show this season so I don't know why a so called favorite would be eliminated. Maybe something JP said or did turned off viewers? Maybe it was Cheryl? Who knows? But it's certainly wrong for the judges and Erin Andrews to basically call out the last couple that made it through and basically let them know they shouldn't be in the finals. 

I don't think they thought it was wrong that Alexis was there over JP. I think they all thought it was wrong that Bobby was there over JP. And it was.

6 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Erin's "Hormonal" comment. Okay, girl...

Yeah, I caught that too. She was all about doing IVF before she even got married and she still hasn't had a kid, so I wonder if she's still going through that. She doesn't look pregnant and frankly, with her work schedule, I think it would be hard for her to have a kid. In her interview with Rashad last week she said she's only home on Tuesdays. I certainly can't see her coke-dealing husband staying home playing Mr. Mom while she flies around the country every week talking to football players.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I don't think they thought it was wrong that Alexis was there over JP. I think they all thought it was wrong that Bobby was there over JP. And it was.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I don't think their reaction had anything to do with Alexis at all. They were just pissed at JP leaving after that awesome Argentine Tango. At least we got to see that, as much as it sucks that he isn't going to get a freestyle.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

BUT this is the person who gave GSJoe an 8 for that dance. I wonder if they took all the low cards away from them? Yes, he was better...at least it looked like he was trying a bit, but was that worth an 8, heck was it really worth 7's?

• Love 6

I agree I don't think the audience was reacting badly to Alexis not being eliminated.  They were reacting to JP being eliminated.  Those are not one and the same.  If anything, it was the idiot on the stage behind them that will get most of the brunt of angry DWTS fans and etc. since he is the one standing safely despite minimal talents.

Glad to see that at least we don't have both Bobby AND Joe in the finals.  I'm also not sure tonight reflected too well on Jenna.  Joe did nothing in his contemporary besides some lifts and stand there while Jenna used him as a jungle gym, then she got somewhat indignant about it when it was pointed out by the judges...then Joe had his best dance (arguably) after a Carrie Anne coaching session? 

JP being gone is a travesty but I can't say I'm surprised.  The only thing I'm surprised about is that Alexis got more votes than JP.  At least one of Bobby and Joe being in the finals was unfortunately inevitable. 

I did think Milo was a lock for the win but after not having an amazing night, coupled by Evanna peaking at the right time and the insane-ness that is Bobby's fanbase...I'm not sure anymore what is going to happen.  Even more so since there will be very limited voting based on the freestyles so I'm not sure how much that matters.  Last night mattered more.  Alexis has no shot.  I'm calling a 4th place exit for her.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

That sucks about Juan Pablo, but Booby's groupies + TPTB's pimping was going to get him in the final. And Alexis making it reeks of manipulation. How is someone in jeopardy every week and still makes it? I'm okay with her being there because she's good, but JP should be there over Booby.

I'm really glad for Keo and Evanna. They got no help from TPTB and totally earned it on their own. You go girl.

I wasn't too shocked that JP was eliminated because I knew Bobby and Joe's fanbases were extremely loud and that they could edge JP out of the finale. I was more stunned that Evanna ended up staying and, more to it, she wasn't in danger. 

Though, to be fair about Alexis, her and Evanna have been alternating the In Jeopardy spot. Last week it was Evanna in danger. No joke, actually, with them alternating spots. Last week it was Evanna. The week before, Alexis was in danger. The week before that was a non-elimination so it didn't really matter (though it was also Alexis) but the week before that, it was Evanna. 

I do hate Alexis and Alan both leaning in to this showmance angle, but I still blame the producers more than these two. In fairness to Alexis, she's a young woman who is immature and thinks this angle needs to be used in order to stay in the competition, likely because the producers are telling her exactly that. Of course there is blame put on her for leaning in to it, but I do think she's being manipulated by the show because they want a showmance and realistically, Alexis/Alan is the only pair that can do it. It doesn't mean it still doesn't annoy me, of course. It annoys the hell out of me, but it reeks of production interference and they're the ones with the power, not Alexis. Only the producers can show what they want to show. They could show Alexis in a horrible light, for example. She seems like a sweet girl, though naive and incredibly easy to manipulate. And of course if they tell her that the showmance angle will get her to the finale, which it APPEARS to have worked, then I don't blame the girl for doing it. She'll grow up in a few years once she hits her mid-twenties and learns from this. 

It's just easier to dislike her because we can see her and she's on our televisions uttering this stuff, instead of disliking the producers more because we don't see them and we don't see the conversations that are going on behind the scenes, though it's obvious as to their own angle. 

Not everyone can be as mature as Milo, after all. Seriously, that kid is wise beyond his years. I loved that he defended Carrie Ann when she was giving (pretty harsh) critiques with his second dance.

Another note about Alexis: she's not Bobby. I've been trying to skip his segments but I caught his stuff after his second dance and....I really can't stand his whining. Alexis' showmance stuff is essentially harmless and more annoying for me. Bobby is just infuriating. I like that he mentioned the California Fires in his first dance segment, but then he went right back to playing the victim during his second dance segment ("I NEVER HAD DANCE EXPERIENCE AND LOOK AT HOW FAR I'VE GOTTEN!"). At this point, he's just as mute worthy as Alexis' showmance segments are, but I can't stand to watch him anymore. 

23 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I don't think their reaction had anything to do with Alexis at all. They were just pissed at JP leaving after that awesome Argentine Tango. At least we got to see that, as much as it sucks that he isn't going to get a freestyle.

Yeah, the upset was definitely about JP leaving, not Alexis staying. I think they all knew that JP should have been in the finale. Although I guffawed at the shot of Bobby booing at JP's elimination without seeming to realize that people would have wanted HIM gone in the place of JP. I wonder who he would have rather left, then? 

• Love 4

I think the fact that Juan Pablo hasnt been in the bottom all season and has been top scorer  then poof he is gone in double elimination is shocking most. I seriously thought one of the females were out if not both because Evanna and Alexis have been battling it out on who is going home by being in the bottom back to back. Im glad Evanna was safe, I started rooting for her after Tinashe got booted so I hope she shock everyone and win. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I wasn't too shocked that JP was eliminated because I knew Bobby and Joe's fanbases were extremely loud and that they could edge JP out of the finale. I was more stunned that Evanna ended up staying and, more to it, she wasn't in danger. 

Though, to be fair about Alexis, her and Evanna have been alternating the In Jeopardy spot. Last week it was Evanna in danger. No joke, actually, with them alternating spots. Last week it was Evanna. The week before, Alexis was in danger. The week before that was a non-elimination so it didn't really matter (though it was also Alexis) but the week before that, it was Evanna. 

I do hate Alexis and Alan both leaning in to this showmance angle, but I still blame the producers more than these two. In fairness to Alexis, she's a young woman who is immature and thinks this angle needs to be used in order to stay in the competition, likely because the producers are telling her exactly that. Of course there is blame put on her for leaning in to it, but I do think she's being manipulated by the show because they want a showmance and realistically, Alexis/Alan is the only pair that can do it. It doesn't mean it still doesn't annoy me, of course. It annoys the hell out of me, but it reeks of production interference and they're the ones with the power, not Alexis. Only the producers can show what they want to show. They could show Alexis in a horrible light, for example. She seems like a sweet girl, though naive and incredibly easy to manipulate. And of course if they tell her that the showmance angle will get her to the finale, which it APPEARS to have worked, then I don't blame the girl for doing it. She'll grow up in a few years once she hits her mid-twenties and learns from this. 

It's just easier to dislike her because we can see her and she's on our televisions uttering this stuff, instead of disliking the producers more because we don't see them and we don't see the conversations that are going on behind the scenes, though it's obvious as to their own angle. 

Not everyone can be as mature as Milo, after all. Seriously, that kid is wise beyond his years. I loved that he defended Carrie Ann when she was giving (pretty harsh) critiques with his second dance.

Another note about Alexis: she's not Bobby. I've been trying to skip his segments but I caught his stuff after his second dance and....I really can't stand his whining. Alexis' showmance stuff is essentially harmless and more annoying for me. Bobby is just infuriating. I like that he mentioned the California Fires in his first dance segment, but then he went right back to playing the victim during his second dance segment ("I NEVER HAD DANCE EXPERIENCE AND LOOK AT HOW FAR I'VE GOTTEN!"). At this point, he's just as mute worthy as Alexis' showmance segments are, but I can't stand to watch him anymore. 

Yeah, the upset was definitely about JP leaving, not Alexis staying. I think they all knew that JP should have been in the finale. Although I guffawed at the shot of Bobby booing at JP's elimination without seeming to realize that people would have wanted HIM gone in the place of JP. I wonder who he would have rather left, then? 

Actually I don't dislike Alexis. I don't like the showmance, and yeah, it is all TPTB's doing, not hers. She seems immature, but nice enough, and yes, I would take her any day over that dumb ass Bones. Maybe he was sincere in his shout out to California, but he might have been doing it to get votes. I've heard he does do a lot of charity work, so maybe he's a nice guy in real life, but he's just really annoying on this show. I don't follow any of these folks on social media, so I just go by what I see on the show. 

I've never really cared that much who won, although it would be nice to see Keo finally get a win and Evanna is the one who has really shown the most growth. To me, that is the best kind of winner.

• Love 4

Juan Pablo's argentine tango is one of the best dances I've seen on this show. It's really too bad we won't get to see a freestyle from him. 

I think I was much more annoyed last night after having the second reality show I watch being ruined by someone in country industry. The first being the Voice, after many terrible country artists making it past better artists, I keep praying Blake will sit out a season and it just doesn't happen. A country artist could fart a few verses and still bring in the votes. As a matter of fact, I would equate Bobby's dancing to a fart and he still made it to the finale. I'm going to have to stick with more positive, uplifting shows like Game of Thrones. lol

Keo did give me the feels when he teared up. I did vote for Evanna last night, and although I'm out for the finale so I don't have to see Bobby anymore, I hope they win. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I agree with you on this and that she is being somewhat manipulated into this showmance.  I was bored one day and went into a deep dive into her InstaGram.  She posted her first picture in 2012 when she was all of 15/16.   The pictures are pretty tame up to around when her mom died  in 2014 and then they get progressively more suggestive.   I wonder who was/is behind her team.  Yes, she is a legal adult now and can post whatever pictures she wants and control her own image.  But I also think that being told from the age of 15/16 that your only worth comes from your sexuality can warp your perspective.   She started the show stating that she loved Alan like a brother and it seemed to me like she was genuinely having a good time doing something for the first time that didn't involve just being pretty.  I felt like she she was enjoying dancing and just being a kid so to be speak.   Then she started being in jeopardy and the stupid showmance was devised.   Her and Alan seemed to be resigned to stick to the script and she's being told to use her looks again to get votes.  I don't know.  I feel bad for her.  This is awfully long rambling and a whole of speculation on my part.    Sorry!

I did love JP dances last night and wish he was still here.  I am rooting for Keo though!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Maybe he was sincere in his shout out to California, but he might have been doing it to get votes. I've heard he does do a lot of charity work, so maybe he's a nice guy in real life, but he's just really annoying on this show. I don't follow any of these folks on social media, so I just go by what I see on the show. 

I give him the benefit of the doubt here because the fires is a horrific situation for anyone and for all we know, he knows plenty of people in the area and has been concerned about them. I do think Bobby is likely an ok guy in life and don't think he's the worst guy, but he's just a huge ass victim player and whiner, which is what infuriates me about him. Although he likely has worked hard in his career (which seems to be huge in the country world), he seems to also think that he's owed something for it. At least, that is how he's come across with this show in regards to his dancing. I don't know how he comes across in his regular day job, so I will ONLY judge him based on this show. 

7 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

Keo did give me the feels when he teared up. I did vote for Evanna last night, and although I'm out for the finale so I don't have to see Bobby anymore, I hope they win. 

I actually teared up when Keo did. You could tell how much this season has affected him positively. I can't imagine he's felt good about being one of the pros to never make it to the semi-finals but has been around for multiple seasons. Even Gleb managed to get to fourth place with Jana. He's really gotten better at choreography and teaching, and I think he's learned as much as Evanna has, just in a different way. He may get a dud contestant next season, but at least he's gotten the chance to make it to the finale this season, so that he's not just choreographing two or three dances, tops, before getting eliminated. 

• Love 8