Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E10: Week 8: Semi-Finals

• Start Topic

This week's episode of Dancing with the Stars is brought to you by... doubled sided sticky tape for garments (because in that first dance, Alexis was one dip away from showing some cleavage and I don't mean from her chesticle area)! Now with special guest star Carrie Ann Inaba, the Lift Police, defending dance from lifted toes in the wrong places!

Dear Alexis and Alan: I still don't care. 

I don't know about the rest of y'all but I'm voting for Grocery Store Joe. For Best Impersonation of a Stripper Pole 2018. 

HAHAHAHA! *takes a deep breath* HAHAHAHA YOU COULDN'T WIN, BACHELOR NATION. Eh, whatever about Juan Pablo, I love Cheryl but never really warmed up to her partner but HAHAHAHA! Our long (inter)national nightmare is over!

• Love 10

Are they using the ballot boxes from Georgia and/or Florida?

Alexis stays and JP goes?

Yeah, I'm going to power vote the shit out of Milo.  

Aside: I'm not the biggest Keo fan, but I cried when he sobbed when he got his first 30.  I really hope he has a freestyle to get them to the top two. 

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 20

This has got to be the worst season ever. I cannot believe that the country radio DJ is in the finals and Juan Pablo was eliminated.

1 minute ago, Michichick said:

Thank God Joe is finally gone. But Juan Pablo was robbed. It should have been Bobby.

AMEN!!!!  Say what you like about the fake showmance, but Alexis can dance so I am glad that she is in the finals.

• Love 17

My feeling is that Juan Pablo unfortunately was presumed safe by a lot of people who could have given him their votes but instead assumed he would make the finals easy and it just didn't turn out that way.

At least Joe is gone so there's that. 

• Love 17

Always go with the gut. I called it - I just had a feeling that Juan Pablo was not getting a lot of viewer votes. And they tried to save him last week with that massive over-score for that Charleston that was in no way 30-worthy. That said, when they gave Alexis that bullshit 30 for that average Jive, I was sure it was going to be her and Joe going. I knew Joe was done and that Bobby was going to make the Finals but tonight I really thought it was going to be Alexis going along with Joe. Guess that fauxmance really worked huh. Man some viewers are gullible. 

So going back to Alexis' bullshit over score, which makes me think they were trying to save her but maybe not to the detriment of Juan Pablo, it really annoyed me because of those bullshit scores they were throwing at Milo. Of course I'm wondering if he's killing in the votes and they want to create a little bit of tension for the finale. Still annoying though, to see Milo dance his ass off and get 28 and Alexis get a 30 for a Jive that had damn near the entire studio on stage with her and had some limp flicks and kicks.

I'm really happy for Evanna and Keo and they freaking earned their place in that finale. I don't care a lick what Alexis and Bobby do next week. This is all about Milo and Evanna at this point. 

I have to say, the funniest part of this elimination was the contrasting reactions - basically everyone was "it's about time" with Joe and hell Joe looked thrilled to be leaving and then there's all this outrage and rage over Juan Pablo being eliminated. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 22

Okay, the hell

On the one hand, yay, Joe is finally gone. 

On the other hand, seriously, THE HELL? And on a night when Juan Pablo had probably his best dances ever, too. That just ain't right. Nope. I felt for his parents-the segment with him hanging out with them was so sweet and it was so cool to see them there to watch their son dance. 

Um, in other notes: Evanna was lovely tonight, and she looked gorgeous in that purple dress. Alexis' second dance had me waiting for Richard Simmons to appear. And Milo's second dance was definitely stronger, and I'm glad he, along with Evanna, will be in the finals. I hope it comes down to those two duking it out. 

• Love 14

I guess I'm Team Keo now.   Because #$%^(*&!  I just can't be for Milo.  And I don't care how many times Bobby tells me to give money to the Red Cross (and he's right) but it just isn't right that he lasted longer than Juan Pablo.  Stupid show.  

• Love 11

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! How did Juan Pablo get eliminated??? I thought he was supposed to win.

I’m glad that we FINALLY got rid of Joe though. 

I hope that people aren’t falling for Alexis’s and Alan’s showmance. It’s obvious that they’re using it to their advantage and I just hope that it doesn’t get her the mirror ball.

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Love 16

I loved how they were basically like "not shocked about you Joe, stand over there...what the heck Juan Pablo...you wuz robbed!"

Even Bobby knew he should have been the one. It's like when  Bill Engvall made the finals or semis or whatever...except he and Emma were adorable and Bobby and Sharna are...meh

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

Evanna and Keo were dreamlike tonight. I was so glad they didn't end up doing a weepy, typical contemporary. It stood out as a bold statement instead of her and her growth and the bond she shared with her friend, I loved it.

Keo's crying made me a bit watery eyed. I feel that there is a lot tucked away inside of that young man and that might be why he has connected so deeply and genuinely with Evanna. This season and partnership with Evannau has transformed him in the best of ways. I think they both have been so good for each other

I fully agree with this. They click really well together and it's definitely shown in their dances. I'm glad they've made it this far. 

• Love 11

Have watched since Season 1 but will not watch next week. Juan Pablo was amazing tonight, that samba was best ever and the AT was right there with Cheryl’s and Giles.  All season he’s been nothing but charming and grateful and worked his butt off. Cheryl has always been my favorite pro and was on Fire this season. I feel sick. I’m not a regular voter but I voted for them all season.    

• Love 19

Week 8, Semi-Finals, and STILL 6 couples remain!  I'm guessing there will be a double elimination tonight - at least I hope so!  Hey! We've actually got to the semi-finals with no guest "judges". Excellent!

Dedicated Dances:

Bobby/Sharna:  Oh I sooo don't like the cluster of audience/troupe around the raised stage usually to hide feet.  He may not have missed any steps, I'm just not sure how many of those steps were salsa.  Nice to mention those who are "really hurting" from the CA fires.  (He's had this on his IG story a few times, so I wouldn't consider it a ploy for votes).

Alexis/Alan:  She's dedicating the dance to Alan? Really playing up the showmance, isn't she!  She's a good dancer. I wish she (and Alan) didn't go this route.  Besides, I thought this was all dedicated to her mother??  Looked like her feet come off the floor during that spin.  That 10 was too high IMO due to the lift that CAI also saw and Len's lack of content critique.  If Alan gets called back for next season, which I'd assume he will, he's going to get partners so TPTB can have another showmance.  Who will take his career (on or off DWTS) seriously after this?

Joe/Jenna:  He didn't do much - or ANY - dancing.  What was CAI impressed about. Can we now nickname him JungleJim Joe?  At least Len admitted he didn't do much. 8-7-7 FOR WHAT!!!! So I guess he goes to the finals.  And then these "judges" will look soooo heartbroken when a better dancer gets cut tonight.  At least Bobby tries.  Joe's whole schtick has been to not try and be accommodated for not trying. How cute!

Juan/Cheryl:  Beautiful! Straight on Argentine Tango.  No messing around. No crowds on the floor. Classic!  Yes, there was one out of sync moment and the body contact could have been a bit closer. But too many perfect scores are given for far-from-perfect dances.  This one was well deserved!

Evanna/Keo:  That was beautifully and powerfully done. Glad that it was more uplifting than sorrowful.  Good choreo from Keo.  Awwww Keo just got me teary eyed.  This is the farthest he's ever gotten. 

There's a real separation in the scores between the can-do's and the no-can-do's.  I expect Milo will also get a perfect score.

Milo/Witney:  Another very good AT, though a little too dependent on lifts for my taste.  Interesting scores. One point less than Alexis?

I have to wonder how easily Milo is picking up these dances.  I follow most of the pros on Instagram.  Witney never shows him learning.  All she posts with him are IG videos where they are goofing around, sitting around, teasing each other in rehearsals, but never anything of him learning the steps.  I see Cheryl, Shauna at the studio late into the night teaching Juan or Bobby.  Witney is off at concerts, meeting for her fashion line, hawking beauty products, etc.  Curious.

Judges' Choices

Bobby/Sharna:   Well...better than his first jive.  What was he doing laying on the floor?  Oh well. Bobby is Bobby.  CAI has instant replay?  That's new.  8s are his 10s! LOL!

Alexis/Alan:  Too many people on the floor and too many glaring lights.  But I could still see some pretty glaring out-of-sync moments.  She seemed to lose energy half way through and the sharpness in her kicks and flicks disappeared.  This is an example of what I said earlier. A perfect score given for a far-from-perfect dance.  My guess is they want her and her showmance in the finale and she needed some help from the scores that she didn't get from votes.

Joe/Jenna:  Whaddayaknow!  That was actually a passable quickstep.  You could drive a truck between them but much better and his frame was a little come-and-go, but by far his best dance.  If that is all from a training session with CAI, then I really have to wonder about Jenna's teaching ability.

Juan/Cheryl:  Wow that was fun!  Well done!  Len makes an excellent point - both of Juan's dances were to proper music.  Makes a difference.

Evanna/Keo:  That was very fast but she kept up the energy and sharpness throughout.  I didn't see an error.  Maybe there was but I didn't notice it.

Milo/Witney:  That struck me as a little weird.  Nothing I could really put my finger on but something struck me wrong.  Maybe I was too focused on him opening up his chest?  I don't know.  I don't see that as a 10 dance, so I disagree with Bruno.

Wow!  I understand their wanting Alexis in the finale if she's going on tour, but to sacrifice Juan is just wrong.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 9

I can't stop laughing at Erin's hair. It is so awful. Some hairdresser at DWTS really hates Erin. It looks like my hair does when I get out of bed in the morning. 

So happy that shopping cart Joe is gone. Should have left weeks ago. 

Wow, Juan Pablo is gone. And Bobby is still in it. Go figure. 

Milo should win it next week. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

Have watched since Season 1 but will not watch next week. Juan Pablo was amazing tonight, that samba was best ever and the AT was right there with Cheryl’s and Giles.  All season he’s been nothing but charming and grateful and worked his butt off. Cheryl has always been my favorite pro and was on Fire this season. I feel sick. I’m not a regular voter but I voted for them all season.    

THIS.   I won't watch the rest of the season either.  I like Evanna and Milo....but not enough to endure the farce the season became.

• Love 7

EVANNA AND KEO ARE IN THE FINALE! YES!

I figured Juan Pablo was leaving. I never thought he had a great chance to make it to the finale.

But most importantly....JOE AND JENNA ARE GONE! WOOHOO! IT FINALLY PAID OFF! 

But mostly....EVANNA AND KEO MADE IT!

I was convinced Evanna couldn't make it.

• Love 9

I'm so happy that Evanna and Keo made the finals! In my opinion she is the most improved. I love her partnership with Keo. It's very sweet. Milo and alexis are great but I didnt really love their dances tonight. 

Bobby is still a very sloppy dancer and extremely obnoxious. Juan Pablo was robbed but atleast Joe is gone.

• Love 10

In what world is Bobby in the finals and Juan Pablo isn't? And I haven't been Team Juan Pablo all season. 

I really feel that with all these Sharna fans and Val/Jenna groupies clogging up the voting trying to keep Bobby and Joe around, the votes for all the other contestants have suffered and we're ending up with these wonky eliminations. Don't believe me about those fan bases? Check out the fan sites some time. They were absolutely going bananas for Joe's Contemporary, AKA the dance where he did nothing but stand around and lift Jenna.

I thought Juan Pablo's AT was phenomenal. There's no one better than Cheryl at that dance. Loved his Salsa too. Definitely my two favorite dances of the night. Probably of the whole season.

At this point, I just want this season to be over. I hope Milo wins, Evanna comes in second and Bobby takes third. I would be happy to never see Alexis and Alan and their fake showmance on my TV screen ever again.

I also hope this is the end of this new show runner, who really made a mess of things. If they want to keep this show going, they need to bring on real stars, not Instagram influencers an Bachelor contestants. And for God's sake, stop the showmances! They were cute when they happened organically. They stopped being cute when they started forcing them every season. Now they're just outright SNL skits.

Edited by Toonces464
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, BeeBop88 said:

It looks like my hair does when I get out of bed in the morning. 

lol...I said the same thing. I used to have hip-length hair and I would braid it before I went to bed to keep it from getting too tangled, but of course some of it came loose while I slept. It looked a lot like that in the morning.

• Love 5

Good god, I am seriously shocked. Last few weeks I’ve been voting for Juan Pablo and Evanna and I simply cannot believe Bobby Douche made it over Juan Pablo. Country fans are like little robot lemmings. It enrages me on the Voice as well. 

Im out for the finale. But I’ll try to remember to vote for Evanna. 

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Aside: I'm not the biggest Keo fan, but I cried when he sobbed when he got his first 30.  I really hope he has a freestyle to get them to the top two. 

It wasn’t getting the perfect score that choked him up, his first 30 was actually with Jodie, it’s that he finally made a semifinal. He’s always lost very early or somewhere in the middle of the season. 

I have fingers crossed that Keo will just let the “magic happen” next week, heh, here’s hoping anyway. 

Edited by AnswersWanted
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

Good god, I am seriously shocked. Last few weeks I’ve been voting for Juan Pablo and Evanna and I simply cannot believe Bobby Douche made it over Juan Pablo. Country fans are like little robot lemmings. It enrages me on the Voice as well. 

Im out for the finale. But I’ll try to remember to vote for Evanna. 

I am a straight-up country music fan.  However, I never once voted for Bobby Bones...never even considered it.  He's been a joke.  

• Love 18
1 minute ago, sinycalone said:

I am a straight-up country music fan.  However, I never once voted for Bobby Bones...never even considered it.  He's been a joke.  

I’ll amend my post to say, many not all. I’m glad you were one of the sane ones. Lol

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

This season has been an utter disaster. No wonder the ratings have tanked. Can't wait for it to be over and hopefully next season will be better. 

Is it because they can't get anyone of note to come on the show anymore? I'll admit I don't watch all the time so I went to Wikipedia and scrolled back througg and I was shocked at some of the people who have  been on the show. Either I just watch that season or I just forgot or I watched after they were eliminated, but they have had some pretty popular people on here. This year I swear The Only Name that I really recognized was Nancy McKeon and of course I know who Milo's mom is haha. Maybe that's more about me than it is the show, but they also have lost some of their best pro dancers. I don't know if they need to change the format the judges or something else to Shake It Up

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

I’ll amend my post to say, many not all. I’m glad you were one of the sane ones. Lol

Hey, I'm rooting for Bobby (not voting because I can't be arsed to vote for this show) and I like country music but I'm still sane. He makes me laugh. He's not the best dancer but he definitely seems to be enjoying his time on the show and because of that, I enjoy watching him. (Yeah, I know people have said that he whines on Instagram about scores and whatnot but I don't follow any of those people anywhere besides the two hours a week I watch so I don't really care about that.)

1 minute ago, catrice2 said:

Is it because they can't get anyone of note to come on the show anymore? I'll admit I don't watch all the time so I went to Wikipedia and scroll back to you and I was shocked at some of the people whose actually been on the show. Either I just watch that season or I just forgot or I watched after they were eliminated, but they do have had some pretty popular people on here. This year I swear The Only Name that I really recognized was Nancy McKeon and of course I know who Milo's mom is haha. Maybe that's more about me than it is the show, but they also have lost some of their best pro dancers. I don't know if they need to change the format the judges or something else to Shake It Up

I think part of the problem is that the show is trying to bring in young(er) stars to appeal to the younger demographic but their target demo is really a lot older so they're in an interesting place. And yeah, DwtS isn't the career-maker/changer that it used to be. 

• Love 9

I think Keo probably does know what some of the fans say about him and maybe it has affected him more than we know. Erin also said that they tease him a lot and you know even as an adult sometimes you smile when people are laughing but on the inside you're not smiling at all. Maybe he's just tired of being the butt of some of their jokes even if they are all in good time especially when he already  a minority in this field. Sometimes you just get tired of being expected to just be grateful to be there. Keo's former partner Oti is killing it on Strictly Come Dancing and I've got to believe that if they danced together he is capable of a lot more than what has been shown, but then again he never gets partners that he might even get a chance to show it wish. We all know if Mark Mark Derek Kim and a few others were around he wouldn't have made it past week 2 or 3.

Honestly from the little bit I've seen this season I was not wowed with Cheryl or her choreography and I just never connected to her partner. There was something off about him

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

It's OK.  I think it's not so much country music fans who've been voting....as it's been some kind weird bunch of Bobby B groupies, I swear.  

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Okay, the hell

On the one hand, yay, Joe is finally gone. 

On the other hand, seriously, THE HELL? And on a night when Juan Pablo had probably his best dances ever, too. That just ain't right. Nope. I felt for his parents-the segment with him hanging out with them was so sweet and it was so cool to see them there to watch their son dance. 

Um, in other notes: Evanna was lovely tonight, and she looked gorgeous in that purple dress. Alexis' second dance had me waiting for Richard Simmons to appear. And Milo's second dance was definitely stronger, and I'm glad he, along with Evanna, will be in the finals. I hope it comes down to those two duking it out. 

My God, I was thinking the same thing. Since the mysterious disappearance for years of Richard Simmons, what better way for him to crawl out from under his rock than to show up on DWTS with this dance. Think about the headlines!!! Seriously though, was not really impressed with this dance at all. Too many dancers on stage and I think if Alan could have gotten away with it, the audience would have been on stage too. Her flicks looked weak to me too. And apparently showmances still work. An awful lot of really stupid DWTS voters out there. 

• Love 13

What the Heck?!  JuanPablo is eliminated?!  He & Cheryl dancing the Tango was amazing!  I compare him to Gilles Marini, both very sexy & talented dancers.  I am glad GroceryJoe is gone, but  he should have been gone weeks ago.  I will be rooting for Evanna & Keo...she was lovely tonight. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Is it because they can't get anyone of note to come on the show anymore? I'll admit I don't watch all the time so I went to Wikipedia and scroll back to you and I was shocked at some of the people whose actually been on the show. Either I just watch that season or I just forgot or I watched after they were eliminated, but they do have had some pretty popular people on here. This year I swear The Only Name that I really recognized was Nancy McKeon and of course I know who Milo's mom is haha. Maybe that's more about me than it is the show, but they also have lost some of their best pro dancers. I don't know if they need to change the format the judges or something else to Shake It Up

I truly don't think the judges make or break the ratings. People may whine, bitch and moan about the judges, but I really don't think anyone has stopped watching because of Carrie Ann, Len or Bruno.

I do think people stop watching when their favorite pros leave and/or if they don't know anyone in the cast. Personally, I knew no one going into this season except Nancy, John and Mary Lou and I can't say I was ever really pumped for this season. And I can honestly say that I have no attachment to any of the current pros, and couldn't care less if any of them were to sit a season out, while in the past I have been disappointed Maks, Cheryl, Derek, Kym, Mark and Karina chose to sit a season out and thought it definitely affected that season. 

• Love 8

I wanted Alexis to go, but man, how bad must she feel when she's called safe and everyone (audience, hosts AND judges) start booing the results. I know it was because JP was leaving, but there's a whole studio of people basically saying "It should've been YOU, Alexis!"

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Every season premiere I count the number of people who make me say "Who?" This time I think it was 8.

• Love 9

I almost hope Evanna wins and slightly redeems this season. Her growth arc dance and emotion wise has been astounding. Someone who is not a ringer dancing incredibly and seeing Keo get a win would be fantastic.

She was spectacular tonight. Her Contemporary was chills inducing, so powerful and grounded. You could tell how much it meant to her and her Foxtrot was insane. I'm partial to "Rewrite the stars" so the music made it even better.  The growth from week 1 to now is insane, she's so polished and grounded now. That would be a great winner, IMO.

Milo would be a great runner up.

3/4 of the final 4 is right and in this insane season of terrible elims, It's shocking. I would replace Bobby with JP or Tinashe, but all in all the 3 aside from Bobby deserve to be in the final.

• Love 14

Dear me what a mess of a season, the beginning of the end. I voted for Milo, I think he’s a worthy winner and has been the best since week one. It wouldn’t bother me if Evanna won though unless Keo flubs the freestyle.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

I think he'll probably does know what some of the fans say about him and maybe it has affected him more than we know. Erin also said that they tease him a lot and you know even as an adult sometimes you smile when people are laughing but on the inside you're not smiling at all. Maybe he's just tired of being the butt of some of their jokes even if they are all in good time especially when he already  a minority in this field. Sometimes you just get tired of being expected to just be grateful to be there. Keo's former partner Oti is killing it on Strictly Come Dancing and I've got to believe that if they danced together he is capable of a lot more than what has been shown, but then again he never gets partners that he might even get a chance to show it wish. We all know if Mark Mark Derek Kim and a few others were around he wouldn't have made it past week 2 or 3.

Honestly from the little bit I've seen this season I was not wowed with Cheryl or her choreography and I just never connected to her partner. There was something off about him

For the first time I think keo has finally found a way to connect the viewers. He really grew this season. Im sure hearing the words finals was music to his ears, im sure he never thought the day would come he would make this far in the competition. With him being the first black pro on the show and now the first black pro to make it to the finals and could possible win, I know he has alot of pressure on him. Im rooting for him, he has earned his spot this season. Evanna and him can def. win this thing.  I like milo but its nothing groundbreaking about this couple winning. Evanna and keo now that is a win to go down in the books.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, SHD said:

I wanted Alexis to go, but man, how bad must she feel when she's called safe and everyone (audience, hosts AND judges) start booing the results. I know it was because JP was leaving, but there's a whole studio of people basically saying "It should've been YOU, Alexis!"

Yeah, I think Alexis is a good dancer, but I don't understand the showmance. It's so blah, and there's no chemistry. I didn't know Juan Pablo, but he was good, and I voted for him. I guess Len will have to go home and pickle his walnuts as he said in his JP critique.

• Love 5

Next time dwts u want to do a showmance make sure its with two people that have real chemistry because alan and alexis don't. I can tell alan hates the showmance and is pro ready for this season to be over. He seems way more excited and at peace on Juniors than dealing with this showmance on dwts. Wasnt really a fan of Juan Pablo but he didnt deeserve to leave over Bobby. Bobby and Joe should have been the two to go tonight, infact they should have been gone weeks ago esp. Joe. This season overall was a fail. Do better next season dwts, u r losing hardcore fans over the stupidity of this show.

Please Vote for Evanna and Keo, the are one of the few things that make sense about this horrible season.

• Love 8

All of my votes will go to Evanna.  Love Keo and their partnership is wonderful to see.  When he teared up, I did too.  For so long, I’ve felt that Keo has been under-respected and you could always see in his eyes that it hurt.  He is a very big guy so it’s easier for him to “outshine” his partner but I do not think he intends for that to be the case as he choreographs.  I hope they win to redeem this season.

Milo is a darling young man and I would be so proud to have him as my son.  I’d love for him to get 2nd.

Alexis can truly dance and Bobby is an entertaining goof who knows exactly what to say to continue to elicit massive voting from his fan base.  He works it.  But neither should be in the Finale over Juan Pablo and I’m so sorry he was voted off — just wrong.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 13