Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Who Are You Now?

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Now if only Carol could persuade Daryl to bathe...

I'm assuming she probably smelled him a mile away since he looks like he hasn't had a shower in the past six years.

I mean, the dude wouldn't shower at Alexandria or Hilltop for some inexplicable reason.

My first thought when I saw how he was living now was the comment made by Claimer Joe about trying to make a feral cat an inside cat.  

On another note, I rather enjoyed this episode.  So far, Kang is doing good at moving shit along which is a refreshing change from the last few seasons.

And welcome back, Carol...I'd have killed them all, too.  Those particular leopards were never going to change their proverbial spots.  

The grooming and hygiene is so weird on this show. Now Daryl is overly dirty but others have been equally overly clean and coifed. He spent years of show like I’d expect someone to look in that environment, moreso than a lot of them, (dirty but not caked in dirt, short hair, clothes that aren’t pristine) but now he occasionally rolls around in the forest or some shit. Refuses to bathe whenever he has the chance because he wants to tempt fate with an infection or skin degrading. Longer hair I could maybe get to a point because it might offer some protection for the back of your neck from the sun or whatever, but he’s gets it in his eyes way too much. Now someone went MORE HAIR! MORE!!!

I can only assume there’s some attempt at logic with it. It’s reflecting Daryl’s response to trauma, depression, self-flagellation, being more wild or the hair absorbs his words. Fine, whatever, he just shouldn’t be back in civilization and looking like he’s camouflaged because there’s no excuse to be dirtier in season 9 than he was in season 1. He’d get thrown into some water or have a concerned talking to. Carol I think makes sense if she’s playing a part with Ezekiel (Legolas, her part is Queen Legolas) because he’s been so into performance and she’s smart. Maybe it’s just to show she’s happy and for a dramatic hair cutting scene but I doubt they slapped a wig on her for no reason. Michonne, Jesus and Ezekiel have kept their absurd hair that never made sense. Eugene has more hair, Judith is half hair and Rosita seems to have gotten into braiding, idk, maybe it’s to show how comfortable they are or a clunky way to remind the audience time has passed. Carl would be Rapunzel if he were still around.

It. Irks.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I did enjoy the talking "walkers" at the end of the episode.  I do wonder if Rosita and Eugene heard them.

Judging by Eugene's rolling, bulging eyes he certainly heard them. But, yes - why do they all have hair like "Samara" in "The Ring"?

samarea6c8d55d8.png

17 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Maybe there was more going on with Daryl and his brother than we know?  Perhaps that is why hasn't been involved with anyone ever since.

Now you're entering extremely squicky fanfic territory.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

I like the kids calling their adopted parents Mom and Dad. I just hope Negan doesn't become Uncle Negan but he probably will.

I don't. And do you know why? Because it wasn't earned.  If it wasn't earned with Carl and Michonne, and it wasn't,, then that goes triply for these other kids. Kids we haven't even developed a connection with, outside of of being annoyed as fuck by them. 

Michonne felt motherly toward Carl, and vice versa. But it had been only 2 years since Carl lost his mother, in a brutal way had to KILL his own mother.  It wasn't even realistic to have him call her 'mom.'  About the only two characters it ever made sense with, is Carol ad Daryl,  because he's never had a mom, and she's nurtured him through the seasons. After TPTB decided the sexual energy between them is gross and she's TOTF.  No one should give a shit about Aaron & Grace. We don't know Grace, and we hardly know Aaron. Sorry, not sorry; they could go the way of Heath and simply disappear, and it wouldn't make this travesty of a show any worse.

So these kids, who haven't earned the right to call any of the main characters 'mom' or 'dad,' are all of a sudden SO important to the main characters. Enough so, that it changes who they are in a significant way. Carol is a mom. Michonne is a mom, of multiple young children.  Even Maggie is (finally) a mom. Aah, I'm sure every woman will be pregnant soon, and we can all be enthralled by these wonderful, suburban warrior-moms, just like we all signed up for. Not.

Edited by Butless
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Butless said:

So these kids, who havent earned the right to call any of the main characters 'mom' or 'dad,' are all of a sudden SO important to the main characters.

There was a time jump of six years, though. A lot can happen in that time. Just because *we* don't really know these kids doesn't mean the parents don't.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Normally, I love Angel of Death Carol, and I am not big on giving mercy to the Saviors.  But, I had mixed feelings about her taking revenge and burning them all up.  The Saviors easily could have killed her and Henry initially and then again, after they chose to let them go, but idiot Henry decided to take them all on with his stick.  But, the Savior she had spared 6 years earlier remembered and returned the favor.  The best argument I can come up with to justify Carols pyromania was that they would have been a threat to other good guys traveling the roads.  

I didnt like it because it was quick and cheap.  They fucked around with her character, making her question killing like she had been a nun for her whole life, and then she casually lights half a dozen people on fire.  She ought to have killed Henry, because that dumbass hasnt learned anything in 6 years and doesnt listen to her, and will get her or others killed. LATF,Henry, you asshole.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Lamima said:

Show would have been a whole lot better if they killed off effin Daryl a while back. We'd probably still have Carl, Rick and Maggie. I blame all the fans who have a love fest for that dirty little troll, Daryl. 

I have no great love for Daryl, but he is a solid actor and one of the two main male leads after  season 7, episode 1.

The blame lays entirely with TPTB and their greed. Do you think any of them didn't see their salaries go up, astronomically, from season to season? And they MADE an enormous cast of characters that, 7+ years down the line, no one gives a shit about. Tara? Rosita? Even Eugene is not a viable character since Abraham was killed off. One note characters that play off each other, making one big note scene, over and over and over... Aaron can also fuck off. Etc.  ALL of Oceanside. Barcode Bitch. And Negan is still around. He was an abortion. But he's STILL around, and getting paid, like the rest of them.  And whenever they've added a half decent character, who can act and has even a tiny bit of story to go on -like Dwight- they kill them off. 

I'm usually hard on the fans. Because we've seen how the ones that bitch the loudest, eg for Glenn to be killed, only to come back and blame TPTB for killing him off, have gotten their way, over and over, and helped ruin this show. But ultimately, the greed and arrogance of TPTB are responsible for all of this garbage.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

“If they don’t go, I don’t go”  Oh! is that so little madam, if you don’t start walking, I’ll drag your unconscious ass back through the leaves and horse shit! 

Word to this. I was shocked that adults were bowing to the will of a child to the point of putting their whole community in danger. Why does this show think young inexperienced kids like Judith and annoying as hell Henry qualify as the voices of morality? Idiot Henry almost put the life of him and Carol in danger for a stupid wedding ring, not to mention falling for that lame ass trap in the first place. These kids grew up in the ZA, if anything, they should be cynical and extremely pragmatic, not these Pollyana type "there is only good or bad" rays of sunshine.

6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The death toll for both babies and mothers was actually historically quite high,not just during the birth but often after.

Yes to that. And really, can't TPTB find thin actors (as they do for the walkers) to portray someone this far into a ZA. Seeing someone still chubby is jarring and ridiculous, as it's pretty hard to get fat on some lean meat and a few veggies. I think anyone carrying a lot of weight by now would be very suspect, as in "How'd you do that?"

For sure. It's a basic, instinctual thing, just as female animals mate with the alpha. For mere survival alone, it only makes sense to want to reproduce with the strongest, the best provider and protector. A clergyman, with less testosterone than say, a football player, would not be first choice. Whatever chick-magnet draw FPP has, it's hidden so deeply I sure don't see it.

Yes, and of course giant ass sad sack Eugene still gets no play.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Butless said:

So these kids, who haven't earned the right to call any of the main characters 'mom' or 'dad,' are all of a sudden SO important to the main characters.

IMO, it only makes sense for Judith to call Michonne "mom" because she never knew any other mother. Carl and Michonne? Could be friends, but Michonne calling him her "son" sounded bad, since Carl had a mom who he remembered very well but at least we never had to hear him call her "Mom" which would have been a great dishonour to his real mom. She was his dad's girlfriend, period. Henry, who is nearly grown, calling Carol "mom" is just kind of creepy to me. 

38 minutes ago, Butless said:

and then she casually lights half a dozen people on fire. 

Really, I didn't like that. Didn't like that she burned alive a bunch of people who might possibly be a minor threat/annoyance to her gang in the future (after all it's been 6 years and they've done nothing untoward), and just walk away like it was nothing. Show is making her into a psychopath.

One of the best parts of this ep is that we didn't have to see Tara, who is probably still sucking on Twizzlers, giving fist bumps and screwing up, but where is Dr. Enid? She must be a surgeon by now, since I'm sure Tariq (or whatever his name is), the medical student, taught her well.

• Love 3

Who was saying 'Don't let them get away'? Was it an intelligent walker or someone trying to talk like Batman?

And what happened to all their guns? It would seem incredibly foolish to travel the countryside without guns. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Yeah but Fr. Pee Pants though! Damn! To keep it classy "making love to" not one but TWO women within like 4 episodes (not counting time jumping 6 years)!!! That pacifist priest is killin it! Any romance for FPP creeps me the f out. I'm not buying it at all. Especially the way we've gone back to basics of human nature due to the downfall of society...I'd think that the biggest, toughest men would "get" the most women. Survival of the fittest and all that. Maybe if he has to, FPP can fight his way out of a situation or two but mostly I feel like he lurks around speaking softly and creepily. 

Exactly.  Thats why Glenn + Maggie is such a nerdboy fantasy. Even if her preference was for soft boy-men before, after the ZA, that would've changed drastically.  She would have had her eye on Shane, who was the single leader of the group along with Rick. She might've wound up with Glenn, eventually, but no way would she fall for the the nerdiest member of the group, outside of Dale.

FPP + anyone who knew him when they first me him, would have ever been attracted to him, no  matter how he changed.   He even had a thing with the organ player in his church and shut her out to die.  And he went nuts and aggressively tried to get him killed. Hell, if he told anyone he slept with the missing trash lady, who would touch him?

1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

There was a time jump of six years, though. A lot can happen in that time. Just because *we* don't really know these kids doesn't mean the parents don't.

The whole purpose of this show is for "us" to watch. There are no real parents; its all fictional. I was saying that we weren't allowed to develop any significant emotional bond with the kid characters. Previously, we watched the Carl kid, over seasons/years. Even many people who found him a brat had developed a bond, because of it.

Edited by Butless
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Judging by Eugene's rolling, bulging eyes he certainly heard them. But, yes - why do they all have hair like "Samara" in "The Ring"?

samarea6c8d55d8.png

Now you're entering extremely squicky fanfic territory.

I thought the exact thing, maybe hair continues to grow for zombies. And talking zombies now? Yeah, not buying that, their 'brains' gotta be insectoid by this point in time.

Carol's hair, anyone get an Emmylou Harris flashback..?

I don't mind the new characters yet, new blood can be entertaining.  And you can bet your last dollar I'd be packing a few knives in the ZA, just for safety if nothing else. AND remember Michonne, if this gal survived in prison, she might have some good survival skills. 

I don't mind Judith yet, but it's early. Henry is starting to grate some but eh, that could just be how the teen is written.

Edited by Colorado David
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

IIRC Lori was going to take a handful of "morning after" pills to try to abort her pregnancy. But that's not how morning-after pills work. They work by preventing ovulation so that you can't get a fertilized egg. They don't abort an already-happening pregnancy.

I just assumed it was RU486, and not the morning-after pill. 

So these kids, who haven't earned the right to call any of the main characters 'mom' or 'dad,' 

There's no "right"; if all the parties involved like it that way, who cares? And it's been years.

About the only two characters it ever made sense with, is Carol ad Daryl,  because he's never had a mom, and she's nurtured him through the seasons. 

IMO, that makes far less sense, as they're basically peers. And friends.

No one should give a shit about Aaron & Grace. We don't know Grace, 

We "know" Aaron fine. And Grace was a baby--what was there to know? I like Rosita, I have no issue with Tara, and I'll give a shit about whomever I like, haha!

Even if her preference was for soft boy-men before, after the ZA, that would've changed drastically.  She would have had her eye on Shane, who was the single leader of the group along with Rick. She might've wound up with Glenn, eventually, but no way would she fall for the the nerdiest member of the group, outside of Dale.

I am so confused; how do we know there's "no way" or what she would have had her eye on? Glenn seemed fine to me. And, while I liked Shane in some ways, I wouldn't want him as a romantic partner, ZA or not.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Lamima said:

Wow, well maybe they did the math lesson scene to tell us math doesn't matter...cause they obviously can't do math.

Why would she go cheat at math with Uncca Negan? He was a GYM teacher. This kid's a moron.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

It seemed pretty clear that that's what the show thought Lori had and depending on just how pregnant she actually was, it may have worked out just fine.  But the show labeled what she actually had "morning after pills" in big black letters like ye olde generic packaging from back when I used to grocery shop with my grandma.  The two things are not interchangeable.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

IMO, it only makes sense for Judith to call Michonne "mom" because she never knew any other mother. Carl and Michonne? Could be friends, but Michonne calling him her "son" sounded bad, since Carl had a mom who he remembered very well but at least we never had to hear him call her "Mom" which would have been a great dishonour to his real mom.

Agree, and not only does Judith not know her mother, but Michonne is her only parent at all now.  Plus she has a half-brother, too.  Michonne IS her mom.  As for Henry, it doesn't bother me.  We don't really know anything about his background.  Some kids call their stepparents Mom or Dad without the ZA going on.

The ridiculous one to me is Gracie.  Rick kills this baby's dad, and then Aaron walks up bawling because his boyfriend died literally 30 seconds ago, and he's like, here, give me that baby right now to raise in my grief.  And Rick's like, sounds legit, HERE.  LOL  So stupid. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Butless said:

She would have had her eye on Shane, who was the single leader of the group along with Rick. She might've wound up with Glenn, eventually, but no way would she fall for the the nerdiest member of the group, outside of Dale.

Jon Bernthal is a good looking man but Shane, though charismatic, was a dick; a complicated dick, but still a dick.  Glenn was a good looking, intelligent guy who was a good friend and also had managed to survive pretty well when she met him.  I had no problem with Maggie falling for him. 

Not all women, even in an apocalypse, want the guy who swaggers around and beats up other guys. 

I don't have an issue with the Gabriel/Rosita pairing.  He has grown as a character (well, as much as the show lets anyone grow) and she already had the loudmouthed (though entertaining) tough guy with Abraham.  Why not Gabe?  He's good looking, smart. cares about other people and can fight now.   He's not perfect and has screwed up but so has everyone else.

4 minutes ago, peach said:

The ridiculous one to me is Gracie.  Rick kills this baby's dad, and then Aaron walks up bawling because his boyfriend died literally 30 seconds ago, and he's like, here, give me that baby right now to raise in my grief.  And Rick's like, sounds legit, HERE.  LOL  So stupid. 

The way it happened was dumb, I agree "Babies for everyone!!" but I like Aaron so I give that one a pass, LOL.

• Love 13

It seemed pretty clear that that's what the show thought Lori had and depending on just how pregnant she actually was, it may have worked out just fine.  But the show labeled what she actually had "morning after pills" in big black letters like ye olde generic packaging from back when I used to grocery shop with my grandma.  The two things are not interchangeable.

I know they're not interchangeable (hence my post saying that). I did, however, not recall the big old-fashioned label though--good memory!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Word to this. I was shocked that adults were bowing to the will of a child to the point of putting their whole community in danger. Why does this show think young inexperienced kids like Judith and annoying as hell Henry qualify as the voices of morality?

They made a commitment to it. when they changed Carl into a peace-spouting Saint Carl, last season.

They had a chance to make these characters recognizable human beings and blew it, making the same kind of dreck that's been on TV for years. The sanctified brats, who are the voices of morality and wisdom and strength for humanity.  Exactly how these rich, isolated real parents see their kids, as perfect little saints; an extension of their extreme narcissism.

If they had kept these characters in the realm of the human, the interesting story would have been watchable. But they are HACKS protecting each others paychecks, and that is ALL.

57 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

IMO, it only makes sense for Judith to call Michonne "mom" because she never knew any other mother. Carl and Michonne? Could be friends, but Michonne calling him her "son" sounded bad, since Carl had a mom who he remembered very well but at least we never had to hear him call her "Mom" which would have been a great dishonour to his real mom. She was his dad's girlfriend, period. Henry, who is nearly grown, calling Carol "mom" is just kind of creepy to me.

You're right bout Judith calling Michonne mamma.  I was thinking more of this new aged-up Judith, who is foisted on us. If I as an audience member didnt experience, then her 'mom's mean nothing to me.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, raven said:

Jon Bernthal is a good looking man but Shane, though charismatic, was a dick; a complicated dick, but still a dick.  Glenn was a good looking, intelligent guy who was a good friend and also had managed to survive pretty well when she met him.  I had no problem with Maggie falling for him. 

Not all women, even in an apocalypse, want the guy who swaggers around and beats up other guys. 

I don't have an issue with the Gabriel/Rosita pairing.  He has grown as a character (well, as much as the show lets anyone grow) and she already had the loudmouthed (though entertaining) tough guy with Abraham.  Why not Gabe?  He's good looking, smart. cares about other people and can fight now.   He's not perfect and has screwed up but so has everyone else.

The way it happened was dumb, I agree "Babies for everyone!!" but I like Aaron so I give that one a pass, LOL.

I'd be the first to call Shane a dick, and I dont find him handsome, in the least. I was saying, in reality, she wouldn't have jumped on Glenn in the ZA. Just my take on it, borne out by common sense.  As an audience member sitting on my comfy couch, yeah, I would've went for Glenn. He was the cutest.  But Im not scared shitless in a ZA, like her character was.  The Glenn/Maggie pair up is pure nerdboy fantasy.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Here's the laughable shot we got, just in case the audience is composed of dullards:

morning_after_pill-600x338.jpg

19 minutes ago, Butless said:

As an audience member sitting on my comfy couch, yeah, I would've went for Glenn. He was the cutest.  But Im not scared shitless in a ZA, like her character was.  The Glenn/Maggie pair up is pure nerdboy fantasy.

Agree. Glenn was cute and very sweet, but cute and sweet are not what you're looking for in life-or-death situations.

• Love 6

Ahahahhaaaaaaaaa, OK--I really cannot believe I didn't notice that (and mock it then and there)! Oh my goodness! I suppose that is as foolproof as it could be? Or Lori should have also asked for a calendar and/or a dictionary to understand what constitutes a "morning." (Though I guess I'm a dullard, so...)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Here's the laughable shot we got, just in case the audience is composed of dullards:

morning_after_pill-600x338.jpg

Agree. Glenn was cute and very sweet, but cute and sweet are not what you're looking for in life-or-death situations.

Yeah;  like we both are saying, it's not realistic.  When she knew him better and saw he was capable, ok. But initialy? Nope. This has widely been pointed out as a bit of fan boy fantasy by many people before me.  Initially, Maggie's biggest complaint of Glenn is that he's a wimp that let's his friends push him around.  She was a controlling, mean bitch to Glenn, but whose saving grace was that she wore tight jeans and banged nerd boys.

Here's the scene with the "abortion pills!," as Maggie spat out to Lori:

It also shows what an utter tool, wimp, coward, shitheel Glenn actually was, for not sticking up for his friend, Lori.

Edited by Butless
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Heh. It would be as if now someone got some antibiotics with a giant label that read, "Venereal Disease Pills".

An inital search of those pills matches clindamycin hydrochloride, lol

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Butless said:

The Glenn/Maggie pair up is pure nerdboy fantasy.

Glenn might have been a nerd in a former (pre ZA) life, but I don't think he was ever portrayed as a 'nerdboy' on the show. Quite the contrary: he was shown to be smart, cunning and resourceful. He's the one who saved Rick's ass in the first episode, wasn't he?

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, Butless said:

Here's the scene with the "abortion pills!," as Maggie spat out to Lori:

It was during these events I stopped watching the show. Not only did Maggie need to mind her own damned business - who was she, some dumb girl, to tell anyone how to live during a cataclysmic event -  but that anyone in this situation would care so much about some stranger's pregnancy made me say, "Oh, FFS. Stooopid!" and click off.  Glenn I could understand. He was a little nerdy pizza boy, who, in life before AZ, could never have gotten a woman like Maggie and he was not about to jeopardize that.

• Love 3

I think Glenn’s looks are getting underrated. Rosita hooking up with Eugene would be the “nerdboy fantasy” of the show if it were to happen. Glenn and Maggie were just two young, good looking people hooking up after the world had ended. The whole end of the world thing and limited options probably made it more than a one time thing.

Shane hooked up with 2 of.... 9 women in his limited time on the show anyway. 

• Love 7

He was a little nerdy pizza boy, who, in life before AZ, could never have gotten a woman like Maggie and he was not about to jeopardize that.

As the partner of one of these myself, I can only hope he'll be as effective at navigating the apocalypse, should it happen!

• Love 1

We're getting kind of off track here.  Neither Glenn nor Maggie was in this episode.   Bringing them up briefly in comparison is fine but if you want to continue to discuss their relationship in depth or how realistic or unrealistic you think it was, we have a handy dandy relationship thread just for that purpose.

Having opinions is fine, but your opinion is just that and not necessarily fact to anyone else.  As the first rule here is to be civil, please be mindful of the tone and stridency of your posts and responses.  Posts that are considered uncivil can be and have been removed.

• Love 5

After five or six years without Rick, how come Michonne is still fixated on him?  He bled out more than five years ago.  Since then, she's had another lifetime with probably worse experiences.   I expect this episode was to impress on us that time does pass, but they didn't pass time into enough of a different more mature world.

Little Judith.  Why does she remind me of a certain Australian moppet who lost her father to an irriatated stingray?  I think several people may be writing her, and one wants her to be precocious as hell, and the other just wants to fill so many minutes without developing whatever character the moppet might hope to have.  Oh, crap, is Little Judith inspired by hellicopter parents of today?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The death toll for both babies and mothers was actually historically quite high,not just during the birth but often after.

And then people learned how to wash their hands. : )

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, raven said:

I never liked Rosita with Abraham either.  Or Sasha with him.  He was just such a cartoon character, and those two women seemed like real people.  I don't "get" this pairing, but I did think, at least Father Gabriel is super great to her, unlike Abe.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Oh, crap, is Little Judith inspired by hellicopter parents of today?

I don't mind her being precocious. That's to be expected in this situation, but I really dislike some brat standing there and issuing orders and giving ultimatums. Butt out, kid. Adults are talking here. Go visit Uncle Negan or something.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

After five or six years without Rick, how come Michonne is still fixated on him?  He bled out more than five years ago.  Since then, she's had another lifetime with probably worse experiences.   I expect this episode was to impress on us that time does pass, but they didn't pass time into enough of a different more mature world.

Yes, the six years is crazy.  That's longer than the previous 8 seasons, like twice as long!  This is the price the story has to pay for the amount of time required to get Judith to the Carl Replacement age, but it takes a toll on the other stories.  OTOH, after you've mated with the intense ZA version of Rick Grimes (not Lori's version), it's probably hard to find a replacement.  She's an alpha widow.

Edited by peach
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

There truly is no justice in the ZA when you put it this way. I am truly disgruntled because this is painfully true.

I would rather have relations with father pee.  He looks clean and has a calm demeanor.  Daryl is fucking filthy and is very negative.  And he eats trash food.  But you could do a slip and slide or whatever.  Man that was gross.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

No kidding.  Michonne got pregnant because of course she did.  Then the kid is named Rick Jr. because of course he is.  (I'm still calling him Rebar.)  Now it's six years later and she's still hung up on Rick because of course she is.  It's not enough that she adopted Judith Walsh Grimes and gods forbid she find another man after Rick and have the new guy's kid, she had to get pregnant with Rick's kid because his magic genes MUST be passed along. She went from being a drippy girlfriend who was just Rick's accessory to a drippy martyr widow who is still just Rick's accessory.  Ugh. 

Aaron is one of my favorite characters so I love that he gets a happy storyline with Gracie.  She needed a parent after Rick's latest fuckup at the Sanctuary and he stepped up, good for him.

Ezekiel had already adopted Henry and his brother when we met him; six years later Carol is married to him and adopted his son too so I think it's perfectly natural for Henry to call Carol and Ezekiel Mom and Dad. 

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 5

I am SO distracted by Carol's hair, in a bad way. Guess Maggie & the other ladies hoarded all the conditioner. Also distracted by Michonne's side dreads that cover her eye. Girl, get your hair out of your eyes, JFC. If I was in that world, my hair would just be up in a bun all the time or in braids, if I couldn't bear to cut my hair short.

It's still weird to see Father Pee Pants with any women, because I feel like he works better as a gay character.

Why didn't Rosita just climb up and wait for the herd to pass? With decisions like that, how are some of these dingdongs still alive 6 years later?

• Love 7

Why in the world is Negan not only still around, but is hanging out with little Judith? Yeah, he is still in his cell but dont you want to want to keep the kids away from the known psychopathic murderous and cult leader? Oh right, cant do that, but Negan is the true hero of this show or some shit. 

Rosita couldn't climb up because...

The new people are fine, even though I dont think what this show needs is more character. Dont we already have about seventy thousand people already? And Michonne is still heartbroken about Rick, which kind of lacks some drama when you know he is just off on some vacation in the helicopter with Jadis. And of course she was pregnant with a little Rick. Of course. Does he get the hat next? 

Carol might be a queen with a seriously unfortunate wig, but she is still the lady you dont want to mess with the most in the ZA. Steal her wedding ring? SET THEM ON FIRE!!!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think the fear was that if they stayed on the ladder, the herd of walkers would stay beneath the tower forever and they would never escape.  I'm not sure if that is how it would have happened though.

TWD has repeatedly demonstrated walkers respond to stimuli - primarily sound, sight, and (to a much less extent) smell - and when a stimuli is sensed, they move towards it.  Think about it; when out-of-doors and not in an enclosed or semi-enclosed space, when have you seen a walker herd NOT in fairly constant motion?  :)

If Eugene and Rosita were to climb high enough / lay down / stay still and silent, the walkers might pool around the base of the water tower for a little while, true - but out in the open there’s absolutely no reason why they shouldn’t expect some distraction to draw the walkers’ attention away in fairly short order, even if it’s nothing more than trees blowing in the breeze.

11 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Those weren't cabins. Those were newly developed houses that can't be hand built. 

Er - how were they built in the first place, then?  Robots?  ;)

Just kidding - but in truth there’s nothing to the houses’ construction (wood, sheetrock, insulation, shingles, siding, etc.) you couldn’t find at a Lowe’s or Home Depot - and IIRC back when Deanna was first welcoming CDB to Alexandria, she told Rick her husband was the engineer who constructed the ASZ’s perimeter wall out of materials they scavenged from a Home Depot(?) warehouse in the vicinity.  So there’s no reason the home construction materials couldn’t have been scavenged from the same site as well over the past half-dozen years or so - although I do think that’s a helluva lot of material hauling just to conform to the neighborhood covenant’s aesthetic restrictions.  :>

6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Really, I didn't like that. Didn't like that [Carol] burned alive a bunch of people who might possibly be a minor threat/annoyance to her gang in the future (after all it's been 6 years and they've done nothing untoward), and just walk away like it was nothing. Show is making her into a psychopath.

I think you missed the part where right before Carol lit Jed up, Carol stated she’d recognized some of the supplies Jed’s crew had from Kingdom shipments which had gone missing, as had the people transporting them.  The clear implication was the renegade Saviors had been raiding settlement shipments and killing the transporters all along, and would continue to do so unless stopped.  I expect in Carol’s view that amounted to a little more than “nothing”.  :)

• Love 15
16 hours ago, Zahdii said:

We have a moderator on the Duggar threads called Doodlebug who is an obstetrician, and it'd be nice if she would chime in here, but I don't think she watches The Walking Dead.

doodlebug helps out a LOT to break down the silliness of New Amsterdam and I super appreciate her. 

I didn't like the writing on this episode.  Like everything needed to be spelled out for us and with last week on Talking Dead Gimple saying "we are going to explore what else is out there" and then setting Eugene and Rosita up to also wonder that same thing.  *Barf*  If I had found a community and I knew pretty much everyone I had loved had been wiped out I feel like I'd just be satisfied living and trying to grow that community. Not wondering how things are going in Green Bay, Wisconsin or wherever.

How many times have people from Hilltop or Kingdom made that same trek and this is the first time they have run into the Saviours in 6 years?  That was a throw back to prison (don't get the flu) Carol!

Judith is a cute little girl and a good actress but why the hell were these grown adults listening to her direction?  Rick Jr. needs to be a lot older. They already thinned out my goodwill of children aging when Carl when from 6 to 18 in 8 seasons.  And Kelly was supposed to have been in high school??  AHHHHH!!!   I'm very bitter Carl is gone and we are left with Henry and Judith as the leaders.  Oh, and maybe Hershel.  He's probably in his 20's with this shows timeline. 

Carol's hair is maddening. Please. Just have her cut it again. I would be a little annoyed if I was Melissa McBride and they wanted to horribly age my character. I bet Maggie and Enid look exactly the same, along with fresh faced Rosita.   

I assumed Rosita wanted Eugene down so they could take off with the horses.

I give a pat on the back to casting for finding deaf and hard of hearing actors to fill those roles.

Edited by IDreamofJoaquin
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, amazinglybored said:

I’d wager most people in that environment could find someone to hook up with if they wanted to.

They are going to have to start, children literally are the future, even annoying ones.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

I know I’m supposed to care that Rick and Michonne had a kid but I don’t.  I guess Judith is Carl 2.0 and Jr is Judith 2.0. 

Its amazing that in two time jumps covering seven and a half years that no named characters have died, either violently or naturally. You can waste an offscreen death these days. 

Carol’s new hair style seems awfully impractical. 

Norman Reedus gets $20 million for this?  He’s got to have the best agent in Hollywood. The only other character with fewer lines is deaf. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, peach said:

Rick didn't want to get stuck raising yet another child not his. I think he would have handed the kid over to anyone who asked and walked away heaving a big sigh of relief.

8 hours ago, Nashville said:

I think you missed the part where right before Carol lit Jed up, Carol stated she’d recognized some of the supplies Jed’s crew had from Kingdom shipments which had gone missing, as had the people transporting them.

I did miss that, so thanks. Well, I didn't exactly miss it. I heard something about supplies and then I heard, "Blah blah" as I got distracted trying to pick the mango bits out of my Spicy Nut Mix.

I guess I just don't care when old characters/ villains are dragged back to the show only to be killed within minutes, rendering the whole scene  pointless, like whats-his-name who reappeared when Rick got baby Grace. He hardly had time for an entire monolgue before Daryl shut him up permanantly.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

He hardly had time for an entire monolgue before Daryl shut him up permanantly.

Putting a bolt into Morales was a great scene, it showed Mumbles in his best light, “ I know who it was..............don’t matter.................not one little bit”  that’s the sort of guy you want standing by you. 

• Love 10
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, maystone said:

Judith is going to have to grow on me. I'll give the kid a chance; after all, Chandler had to grow into the role of Carl. I miss Carl. I did think Judith got off a bit of poignancy with her line about starting to forget the sound of Rick's and Carl's voices.

All she has to do is focus on Rick saying "Coral" and she will never forget his voice.

• Love 5