Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Mr. Mulvahill

Drogo

14 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

As with every show so far this season, the end leaves me dumbstruck.

I wasn't even sure what the ending was (maybe that was the point). Did the teacher actually know how to teleport or was he never really there and we were mostly watching not-Dwight's delusion until the end when we popped into reality to show that there was no one actually there at all? I did like that they were setting it up as some kind of abuse revenge story and it turned out to be so fantastical.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, SHD said:

Did the teacher actually know how to teleport

Yes.  They mindfucked us into thinking the teacher had abused him after everyone left class that day, but it was actually that the teacher teleported and not being able to make sense of it or talk about it with anyone made Jim's life miserable and lonely.  Now that he's confirmed the veracity of his memory, he can move on and live life. 

• Love 2
On 11/21/2018 at 1:22 PM, SHD said:

I wasn't even sure what the ending was (maybe that was the point). Did the teacher actually know how to teleport or was he never really there and we were mostly watching not-Dwight's delusion until the end when we popped into reality to show that there was no one actually there at all? I did like that they were setting it up as some kind of abuse revenge story and it turned out to be so fantastical.

I am leaning towards “he actually teleported” but it seemed to me that they left the ending open to interpretation between these two different scenarios. 

• Love 1