Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: Blowin' in the Wind

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sesealia said:

that's exactly what I think! And no, you didn't miss any episode, she didn't give any sign to possibly cheat,actually she seems scared for Richard because she doesn't want him to get even more stressed and worried. And as we know, of course she wasn't cheating!

I didn't miss any episodes, but that doesn't mean I didn't miss something! 😉 (This show doesn't exactly keep me at rapt attention. My eyes would probably roll out of my head if I didn't have some distractions.😋 )

• Love 2

I’m wondering if he is being saved for Amelia in case they decide to go with Owen and Teddy as endgame. He works just as well with Amelia as he does with Meredith and they seem to have a good relationship as friends and colleagues.

I'd be happy if they went with an Amelia/Korasic pairing down the road. I think Owen/Teddy will come together unless Teddy loses the baby. Owen & Amelia have bonded over the baby and the insta family with Amelia, Owen, Leo & Betty but I'm not convinced that they'd work long term as a couple. Korasic knows all Amelia's history and doesn't seem put off about her baggage. They work well together as colleagues & I could see it turning to more at some point.

I don't care for Meredith & DeLuca. Its partly because he had an ongoing sexual relationship with her sister and partly because he looks like he could be Derek's son. I'm all for an older woman/younger man storyline but I think the show missed the boat. Instead of pairing Maggie with Jackson they should have kept her with DeLuca and went with Meredith/Jackson. Its still Meredith with a way younger guy but one where the actors share chemistry and the characters have enough in their backgrounds where I could see the pairing seems like it could grow. I see no chemistry with Meredith & Link but I guess he's the best option. I find it skeevy to sleep with your sister's ex-sex partners but YMMV.  In the end though as long as she's not with Alex I'm good.

I think Ben & Bailey will be separated until the end of the season or done for good. My guess is that they want Ben freed up for love interests on Station 19. 

• Love 5

I really don't know what to make of the Teddy/Owen situation. I can't imagine they've brought Teddy back (and made Kim Raver a series regular) only to have her lose the baby or die in childbirth. But after the baby is born, then what, regardless of whom Owen chooses? She can't have a medical role with Maggie (and Bailey) around. Ideally, she'd return to Germany with Owen and the baby, and it would be their happy ending, but they seem insistent on keeping Kevin McKidd around, so... Unless S16 really is the last one, like rumoured.

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think she told Jackson because she herself had wanted to be told when her mother was so sick but Jackson kept it to himself.

Whether Maggie should have told Jackson or not is for debate but in this case it wasn't breaking HIPPA because she wasn't acting as Catherine's doctor, unlike Meredith.

It was not her place to tell Jackson. That's news that he should be hearing from his mom first. Not from his girlfriend, who got the information from another doctor. Yeah, she may have wanted to know about her mother, but it wasn't Jackson's place to tell her. He was under HIPAA, for one, and it's news that her mother should tell her.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Unless I missed something, she's never given any reason to think she'd cheat on her husband;

In the episode last season where Koracik was introduced, the newly-arrived Tom spied Catherine (with Richard) in the lobby and they greeted each other with delight and flirtatious intimacy. Later in that episode, Catherine confirmed to Richard that she and Tom had been lovers. Now Richard has been trying for days to reach Catherine; she's not returning his calls but found time to have Koracik (with Meredith) flown express to her side, then extended her stay in LA with only Koracik in attendance, having sent Meredith back alone. And when someone did finally answer Catherine's phone, it was Tom. 

Of course this evidence of an affair is even more contrived than circumstantial. We saw the same lobby scene enacted by Jo/Alex/Linc one year later, and were urged to shiver with apprehension that Alex was jealous and might pull Linc's hair or break his hands or something. The difference is that Alex is now In A Good Place, and once our suspicions were milked dry, he was allowed to take the question to Linc.

Meanwhile, Richard is In A Bad Place. He's grieving the death of his friend and sponsor as well as "his" best nurse, along with a deep sense of loss and regret around Ellis and Adele, stirred up by the oncoming death of Thatcher. While watching "his" job be frivolously handed off by his hand-picked successor (and the-daughter-that-he-never-gave Adele) to, well, Karev: the kind of aggressive, sexy/angry bad-boy who gets a million changes to make good; a type that Richard suffered all through school and his career, and was never allowed to be. Leaving Richard a seething, sponsorless dry drunk who, when he did attend a meeting, used it as a fuse. 

Still, and as pointed out by other posters. If Catherine were having an affair with Koracik, the last thing clever Tom would do is answer a call that might as well come with the ID, YOUR LOVER'S REDOUBTABLE HUSBAND, THE SOUL OF SEATTLE GRACE IN ALL ITS INCARNATIONS, WHO EASILY COULD -- AND JUST MIGHT -- BREAK YOUR ASS IN TWO: THAT'S HOW THIS SHOW ROLLS.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I didn't miss any episodes, but that doesn't mean I didn't miss something! 😉 (This show doesn't exactly keep me at rapt attention. My eyes would probably roll out of my head if I didn't have some distractions.😋 )

hahahahah true :)

15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Whether Maggie should have told Jackson or not is for debate but in this case it wasn't breaking HIPPA because she wasn't acting as Catherine's doctor, unlike Meredith.

It  still wans't her job :(

15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It  still wans't her job :(

• Love 2
On 22.11.2018. at 6:28 AM, chitowngirl said:

Teddy and Owen can co-parent the baby without being romantically involved.

They obviously can, but we know how Grey's (and TV in general) works - babies are interesting for a couple of episodes after they're born and then are quickly forgotten. So that plus Teddy not working at GSMH means she's going to get next to no screen time. If it really plays out like that, I seriously wonder what the point of bringing her back after all those years was. If it was just to give Owen a baby of his own, they could have easily accomplished that with Amelia. 

• Love 2