Type keyword(s) to search

The Perfectionists - General Discussion

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Should I be annoyed that every one of the  Liars gets the 12 year old girl version of a happy ending except....checks notes....Emily?   

Don't worry, Emily will get one too as long as enough people demand it on Twitter.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Edited to add: For all of you here dying for an update on Aria and Ezra - Marlene came up with this truly terrible exchange of text messages between Alison and Aria. Of course, Aria's book is wildly successful and of course she has a baby now.

I picked the best fandom to fall into three years too late. By best I actually mean worst but since I'm watching the trainwreck for an emotional distance with lots of popcorn, I really do mean the best. 

19 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Edited to add: For all of you here dying for an update on Aria and Ezra - Marlene came up with this truly terrible exchange of text messages between Alison and Aria. Of course, Aria's book is wildly successful and of course she has a baby now.

I was truly speechless after reading this. Do you think Ezra convinced her that she could only be a real writer if she wrote the entire book on an old fashioned typewriter?

How long before they release Park Avenue as a real book for us to read (à la Younger)?

Aria probably typed it on a typewriter without any prompting because she is exactly the kind of pretentious idiot who would do something like that. Also, I have to wonder how much of the book is based on her own life since neither she, nor Ezra, seemed to believe in the concept of writing about things you haven't experienced yourself.

I have only now realized that one of the reasons The Perfectionists feels so awkward and forced is that it's basically glorified crossover fanfiction. And like most crossover fanfiction, characters are shoehorned into a setting and situations where they don't belong. Last but not least, unlike actual fanfiction where the writer is free to pick any characters they want, Marlene could only pick characters whose actors willing to join the cast of the spin-off. I am pretty sure she would have picked other characters if all the actors had been on board with the idea.

Also, I read a bit about the book original and even the number of main characters is different, the setting is a high school, not a college, etc., so this crossover doesn't utilize properly neither of the works it wants to combine. No wonder it's such a hot mess.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

I read a bit about the book original and even the number of main characters is different, the setting is a high school, not a college, etc., so this crossover doesn't utilize properly neither of the works it wants to combine.

They used so little from the book that this show should have one of those disclaimers you often see at the beginning of made for tv movies because this is very loosely based on the books (barely, to be honest). It would be like if there was a tv show about Harry Potter and his best friend Ron Weasley who met each other on a train, but they weren't wizards and none of other characters in the book were on the show and they meet two girls named Buffy (who is a vampire slayer) and Willow (who is a witch) but Harry and Ron don't know anything about Buffy and Willow's powers.

S1.E3: ...If One of Them is Dead

The Perfectionists kick their investigating into high gear when they identify a possible suspect in Nolan's murder. Alison begins to look into the circumstances surrounding the mysterious suicide of Taylor Hotchkiss. And seeing the Perfectionists juggle sleuthing with their intense academic demands, Alison decides to use her past in Rosewood as a way to mentor them through their current situation.

Promo:

Clip #1:

Clip #2:

Original air date: 4/3/19

35 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

And seeing the Perfectionists juggle sleuthing with their intense academic demands, Alison decides to use her past in Rosewood as a way to mentor them through their current situation.

Mentor them?! What is she going to teach them, how to stumble around like clueless fools, accusing people at random until the villain gets bored and decides to reveal their identity for no reason? Is Mona going to teach them how to remain mentally stable?

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Mentor them?! What is she going to teach them, how to stumble around like clueless fools, accusing people at random until the villain gets bored and decides to reveal their identity for no reason? Is Mona going to teach them how to remain mentally stable?

Alison will probably give them all kinds of useful advice like, "Oh, don't worry about wearing gloves. Just leave fingerprints all over the crime scene!"

• LOL 1

Alison and Mona are probably the best part of this show.  The delivery of the following was hilarious 

Alison “Do you know why I faked my own death?”

Mona : “Because everyone wanted to kill you.”

Alison :  “Not everyone.”

The rest of the show is fine.  Nothing new if you watched the original but there is something comforting about the familiarity.  I did realize however that the original liars had known each other forever and legitimately ran in the same circle fir years before Alison disappeared.  This new trio is being played up as virtual strangers only Frye day because of Nolan’s design.  Also PLL has A This seems to be running with Taylor Hodgkins.

Still it’s nice to know that hinky cops with dubious methods and motivation are still the norm.  

• Love 2

This was the first episode that I actually really started to care about the new trio. Seeing their friendship start to strengthen was one of the episode's highlights for me. It was silly, but I loved the little scene of them pelting each other with packing peanuts.

I almost forgot what it feels like to enjoy watching Alison (even if I think the way she's behaving toward her students is inappropriate as all get out). Mona was way too underutilized in this episode (shocker), and it could not be more obvious that there's going to be an eventual romance between her and Taylor.

• Love 1
(edited)

Pie: 3/3 episodes so far. Well, okay, it wasn't an actual pie but mention of a pie. I'll take it!

This leads me to believe that pie did it.

ETA: Also, the closed captioning on this episode cracked me up, because it said [VIOLIN MUSIC] for the scene where the guy plays the cello piece he composed for his anniversary. Can't even trust the closed captioning on this show. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Understatement of the episode, by Mason.

Mason: "Do you think I should, uh, report Ava's behavior ?  Now, I don't want to get her into trouble, but, uh, she seemed a little aggressive. Don't ya think ?"

A little aggressive ??

Dylan sadly trying to swipe away that photo on his iPad was hilarious, just as Booker shows up in his doorway.

At least we found out who tailed Nolan to his sister's secret cottage.  Of course Alison shows up right after Dylan, Ava and Caitlin arrive at the cottage.
So where did all the computer gear go ?  And evidence that Taylor had been living there ?

How could Ava and Caitlin not have been able to smell that dead rat ?   After Ava threw the rat into the woods, I was waiting for a distant voice to yell 'Ow !'

And we are treated to a cello version of Coldplay's "Clocks".

10 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Alison and Mona are probably the best part of this show.  The delivery of the following was hilarious 

Alison “Do you know why I faked my own death?”

Mona : “Because everyone wanted to kill you.”

Alison :  “Not everyone.”

That was pretty funny.  Not everyone.  Snark.

4 hours ago, paulvdb said:

I wonder if we'll ever get a scene where Mona, Alison and Taylor compare notes about how to fake your own death.

They could form a club, and call themselves the 'Pretty Little Die-ars'.

Dylan: Is it cool to [remove the Beacon Guard camera]?
Alison: Not according to the emails that the university keeps sending me.

Caitlin: Why did you say we were here with you the night Nolan was killed? Why did you lie for us?
Alison: The Beacon Guard cameras in this area were down when Nolan was killed so for now, this is a solid alibi.
Ava: Well, that's the answer to how we might get away with it. It's not why you did it.
Alison: Because I have terrible impulse control. And authority figures who are prone to abusing the system are a trigger for me.

Mona: Didn't we decide you were going to drop the whole role model routine and go back to being the old Ali that we know and love?
Alison: What? Lying, conniving, duplicitous?
Mona: Your words, not mine.

Alison: What do you know about Mason Gregory?
Mona: Uh, he's super smart, used to be besties with Nolan, and that probably ended when Nolan started dating his girlfriend. Plus he's model cute. Why?
Alison: Just following a hunch. He was all weepy at the funeral and Nolan 2.0 in class today.
Mona: People grieve in different ways.
Alison: Yeah, and guilt looks a lot like grief if you're covering something up.

Dylan: When has a cabin ever not been spooky?
Ava: When the person that was last in them wasn't murdered.

Dylan: What's that smell? 
Ava: I don't smell anything.
Caitlin: Me neither. I guess it's confined to the back seat.

Dylan: This wrapper is the same as the one we saw in the woods, so whoever heard us that night was also in the cabin.
Caitlin: Or two different people like the same kind of gum. Three is a pattern. Two is just a coincidence.

Alison: Do you know why I faked my own death?
Mona: Because everyone in Rosewood wanted to kill you?
Alison: Not everyone!

• Love 1

I really dislike how much the show is trying to duplicate elements from PLL. Do they have so little faith/interest in The Perfectionists that they have to throw out most of the source material and make this into PLL 2.0?

Either Caitlin is a terrible planner or her service day project made no sense. What kind of an idiot decides that she will have students assemble 1500 care packages on the same day that she has to ship them? Give yourself a buffer, girl.

Someone needs to tell the actress playing Ava that you don't need to keep moving the steering wheel when you're fake driving. If she drives like that in real life, I hope all of her passengers don't get carsick.

I give Ava credit for picking up that dead rat with her bare hands though. I totally cracked up when she followed that up with "Does anyone have some Purell?"

I say this at the risk of sounding like an old lady clutching my pearls, but are kids really posting pictures at funerals with hashtags like #nolanhotchkissfuneral ? I mean, dude. Who the hell takes pictures at a funeral, let alone posts them publicly?

More Lady Gaga by the Vitamin String Quartet (in the pilot it was Pokerface and this week it was Just Dance) plus Coldplay. I said the first week that the Lady Gaga on strings plus Lily van der Woodsen was giving me Gossip Girl vibes, but even more so this week with her scheming!

It's only the third episode which is way too soon for us to find out who the killer is, so for that reason I think that Mason's sketchy behavior is a red herring and he will turn out to be just a regular college dick who didn't kill Nolan but wasn't sad to see him dead.

Sofia Carson (Ava) is a bad, bad actress. Claire Hotchkiss is a bad, bad mother. This is a bad, bad show.

A gum wrapper is the most important clue so far? What's this, Scooby-Doo?

IIRC, Alison didn't fake her own death, she ran away and the idiot cops assumed the found body was hers.

So Alison's mentoring was basically telling the Idiot Trio "Do nothing out of the ordinary"? The students referring to her with her first name is so annoying.

So Ava saw Taylor but didn't recognize her? You know, Nolan's sister whose face should be instantly recognizable for any BHU student, let alone for the woman dating her brother.

Why did Marlene feel the need to copy Tanner, one of the most annoying characters in PLL? Though, to be honest, I kind of liked it when this Dana told the not-so-grieving mother something along the lines were "Well, your son was a jerk who probably blackmailed them and they killed him for that". I mean, she has no logical reason whatsoever to make this leap of logic but it's a funny thing to say to Nolan's mother.

Dead animals leaving vague threats? Gum rappers being a major part of the mystery? Everyone somehow balancing a rigorous course load with solving a convoluted mystery? Bad guy with seemingly god like abilities to know everything and be at all places without being seen? Female authority figure out to get the protagonists? This really IS the PLL universe! 

When the Perfectionists were all shaken by the dead rat, I was just like "oh, you poor dears. You really are new to this. Just wait until the dead human bodies start piling up."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

S1.E4: The Ghost Sonata

Alison hunts for Taylor, thinking she may be alive and in hiding. Caitlin, Ava and Dylan realize their newfound true friendship is threatened by still buried secrets and debate coming clean to each other. And the Perfectionists try to tighten a noose around their number one suspect.

Promo:

Clip #1:

Clip #2:

Original air date:  4/10/19

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Thanks, EB.

I can't believe I'm watching this. I got sucked into Liars and now I'm getting sucked into this. And unlike Liars none of the characters are so far appealing. I was never a big fan of Alison or Mona. 

1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

Uh oh. That divorce is not going to go over well with the Emison shippers.

Sasha's address has already been posted on Twitter, with threats to smash her windows. Not Marlene's. Sasha's. Dozens of shippers are ruthlessly threatening and attacking Marlene in the comments of her tweets, and I haven't even ventured into Facebook or Insta (nor will I, I've seen enough).

Ironically, every nasty, delusional tweet that I see just makes me happier and happier that the writers finally pulled the trigger. Goodbye Emison, and good riddance to the shippers who care more about this fictional couple than any real world issue.

How many times could they possibly say "Who in the hell is Ray Hogadorn ?" in this episode ?

FYI: Ray Hogadorn is an anagram for Grand Hooray, amongst other variations -- not sure what to make of that.

Based on Mona's discovery, Ray Hogadorn is the creepy janitor living in the abandoned building scheduled for demolition -- and he would have got a way with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids. </scoobydoo>

The Periodic Table of the Elements on the wall of Ray's lair was fairly new, as it had Tennessine and Oganesson on it (and those were only named in 2016).

So where is Stumptown located ?  As it's big enough to have it's own newspaper

So, based on those newspaper articles on the wall, Beacon Guard has its own satellite ?

Oh noeessss !! Emily and Alison are filing for divorce.  

And a blonde woman is alive and well and living in a van down by the river ..... correction, a camping trailer in the woods. 
Except that is not the Taylor Hotchkiss we saw in Episode 1.  So who is it ?

Any time you see a kitchen cupboard dripping red liquid, it can't be good. -- but in this case it looks like a jar of jam was the real victim.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

No pie? Did I miss it? 

No pie sighting but there was mention...Caitlin and British Dude whose name I don’t know discuss going out for coffee and pie when they run into each other at Claire Hotchkiss’s. 

Mona: Ali, Taylor Hotchkiss is dead.
Ali: And I was dead myself for a while, and so were you.
Mona: Point taken.

Caitlin: [Alison] seems intuitive, loyal, and she takes chances on people when she doesn't have to.
Mona: So she puts herself out there. She's loyal and intuitive. That's interesting. Those are the three comments I wrote about you after our initial interview. Thank you for stopping by. You can go.

Dana: You're very conscientious about paying your tuition. You always pay with a cashier's check, never a deposit account. Don't you trust banks?
Ava: Well, it's my money so where I keep it is none of your business.

Alison: Being brave can be very tiring.

Ava: Do you play the violin?
Dylan: Yeah, it's got four strings and a bow.

Andrew: It's not snooping if you only read the top page.
Dylan: That's not the top page.
Andrew: It was after I opened and closed the door a couple of times real fast to make a breeze.

Mona: I don't want to talk about you. I want to talk about me.

Ava: Do you want to get drunk?
Dylan: In a perfect world, yes.

Alison: I can't in good conscience tell you to lie to somebody that you love. A relationship is built on trust, but I've been in your position and I've lied. It may have ruined us, but keeping her safe was more important to me.

Ha, loved when Mona insisted that Taylor was dead and Alison pointed out that both of them were dead at one point too.

I cracked up over Dylan's outpatient care sheet which had Dylan's name conveniently typed at the top of the page. My fancy doctor has lots of handouts but they never bothered putting my name at the top of any of them.

Do college students really put "coffee date with [boyfriend's name]" on their calendars? Even when I was super busy in college, I never needed to write down a reminder about what time to meet my boyfriend.

Did we really need the PLL fake out of a text from A? And then the music box playing when Ava entered her dorm room? Seriously, show, stop.

I'm surprised that Dylan confessed to Andrew so soon. It's only the fourth episode so I was expecting that secret to get dragged out for at least a few more episodes. But damn, I couldn't believe that Dylan had the nerve to try the old "but you told me I could tell you anything!" Dude, NO. Don't try to guilt trip your boyfriend because he's upset that you slept with Nolan! Andrew is allowed to be hurt and mad. You don't get a pass just because you finally decided to tell him the truth.

Mona gets a high five for being Ali's truth teller this week. Alison was hurt because Emily posted a picture of herself with the kids where she wasn't wearing her wedding ring, but Ali is the one who moved to the other side of the country. And what was this nonsense that Ali was spouting? "I convinced myself that I came here with a clean slate, that I could prove to Emily that I could live a trustworthy life and maybe win her back." So your plan to win back your wife was to 3000 miles away? THAT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE.

So was Alison's little speech to Caitlin supposed to tell us that the reason she and Emily are getting a divorce is because Alison kept yet another secret from Emily in the years between the PLL finale and now?

Oh, Alison. After everything you've been through, you really thought that driving out to the quarry by yourself was a good idea? And without telling anyone where you were going beforehand? And without wearing gloves? These girls never learn! Same goes for Mona going to the annex by herself to look for Ray.

I kept thinking they were going to reveal that Ray's name was an anagram for something Oz related. Weird that Taylor's mom didn't want any of Taylor's Oz books. It made me think that she doesn't love or miss Taylor as much as she claims to. I suspect that Taylor was a pain in her ass but having her dead gave her the opportunity to publicly martyr herself to get lots of attention as Grieving Mom.

2 hours ago, SadieT said:

British Dude whose name I don’t know

Jeremy. The actor who plays him reminds me of Eddie Redmayne.

7 hours ago, marinaalexis said:

Sasha's address has already been posted on Twitter, with threats to smash her windows. Not Marlene's. Sasha's. Dozens of shippers are ruthlessly threatening and attacking Marlene in the comments of her tweets, and I haven't even ventured into Facebook or Insta (nor will I, I've seen enough).

Ironically, every nasty, delusional tweet that I see just makes me happier and happier that the writers finally pulled the trigger. Goodbye Emison, and good riddance to the shippers who care more about this fictional couple than any real world issue. 

This is a perfect example of what nutjobs shippers are. In their deranged eyes, it's somehow the fault of the actress who is paid to read the words on a page that a fictional couple is getting a divorce. Maybe they're all living in a perpetual state of hyper reality, but good lord, these people apparently do not know how to distinguish real people from fictional characters.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, marinaalexis said:

Thats disgusting what the Pyscho portion of the Emison fan base is doing! Too bad the more toxic pairing Erzria gets a happy ending though. PLL teaching young girls that's it ok to love a creepy stalker pedo as long hes says hes sorry and genuinely is in love with you and Atrractive. Though again I always thought Aria was the dumbest one 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1

This show makes even late seasons PLL look good. It's so utterly terrible. Zero originality, mediocre to awful acting (the actress who plays Ava is terrible), unnaturally sounding dialogue. There aren't even enough people watching it to make snarking on it as worthwhile as late seasons PLL, so I will probably drop it soon.

"I and the Liars were family and shared our secrets". Alison, you liar. You never even bother telling them what you did during the two years you were "dead".
Mr Hotchkiss was killed too, that's comical overkill. And of course, Taylor's "death" was ruled suicide even though the body was not found.

And of course neither Mona, nor Alison, told anyone where there were going because it's not like Spencering has ever gone wrong before. Damn, I miss Spencer, even late seasons Spencer, she was (mostly) fun even when she suffered from plot induced stupidity. Alison, not so much.

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

"I convinced myself that I came here with a clean slate, that I could prove to Emily that I could live a trustworthy life and maybe win her back." So your plan to win back your wife was to 3000 miles away? THAT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE.

It would have worked too, if it weren't for the meddling Shay who refuses to be cast on this amazing show.

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But damn, I couldn't believe that Dylan had the nerve to try the old "but you told me I could tell you anything!" Dude, NO. Don't try to guilt trip your boyfriend because he's upset that you slept with Nolan! Andrew is allowed to be hurt and mad. You don't get a pass just because you finally decided to tell him the truth.

I would have yelled "Shut up, Dylan!" if it weren't for him being so bland that I couldn't recall his name at that point.

Sad to hear about shipper threats but not surprised at all. I will never understand why these morons threaten actors. Threatening writers is a terrible thing to do but at least directed at the reason for the "problem". What do they want Sasha to do, threaten to quit unless the script is changed?

10 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Mr Hotchkiss was killed too, that's comical overkill.

When Claire said that he was killed in an alley because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, I was imagining unseen Mr. Hotchkiss strolling down the alley where Bruce Wayne's parents were killed and where Patrick Swayze was killed in Ghost.

I laughed so hard when Alison told the kids that she and the liars told each other their secrets and it made them a family. Uh, no, that is some revisionist as hell version of what happened. You got the others to tell you their secrets which you then used against them repeatedly. When Mona later found out these secrets, she used them to blackmail the girls into doing A's bidding. Telling each other their secrets did not make the PLLs into a family. Having a common enemy and trying not to die or get glass in their hair is what made the girls into a family. In other words, a mixture of paranoia and PTSD is what made them family.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Telling each other their secrets did not make the PLLs into a family. Having a common enemy and trying not to die or get glass in their hair is what made the girls into a family.

I would say the Liars were never really a family with Alison at all. Well, except Emily but that all happened off-screen, thankfully.

In this show Alison constantly acts as if she has read the script - she gave the Perfectionists alibis for no reason, she thinks they are (or at least soon will be) really good friends for no reason, she immediately jumped to the conclusion of Taylor faking her death, she assumed Dylan had written Nolan's homework and not vice versa for no reason (IIRC), etc. Why is she even staying at that creepy college if Emily is so important for her? Go back to Rosewood, I am sure there are many job openings at Holis.

More cringeworthy updates about the Liars, this time Hanna. Do Marlene and company think that the only people who like these characters are 12 year die-hard shippers? Or they had some 12 year old write this dialogue? The obsession with babies and marriages is weird and disturbing.

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, SadieT said:

No pie sighting but there was mention...Caitlin and British Dude whose name I don’t know discuss going out for coffee and pie when they run into each other at Claire Hotchkiss’s. 

Ooh! I'll have to find that scene somewhere during the next week and re-watch it. I thought not!Wren mentioned doughnuts but I missed the pie. (I feel so in the know now that I've watched the original up to S4 and can drop these references.)

14 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Any time you see a kitchen cupboard dripping red liquid, it can't be good. -- but in this case it looks like a jar of jam was the real victim.

Once again, don't trust the closed captioning. Before the camera even showed it, the closed captioning said [BLOOD DRIPPING ON THE FLOOR] because I guess you can tell it's blood just from the sound? Or maybe the closed captioner was as annoyed as I was with the shitty lighting in that scene. Then again, they can't tell a cello from a violin so who knows. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I think that Allison is remembering a very different show than the one I watched. The Liars were very close by the end of the show, but Allison was just barley let back in. Considering they were all basically suspects in her possible murder when the show started...

The creepy caretaker! Its like a Scooby Doo episode. 

The opening credits are such a let down to me. One of the best things about PLL (especially in the later, stupider seasons) were the awesome opening credits. This one is just so dull.

Claire said Taylor “left” not died (and this is the second time I can recall her using language that suggests Taylor’s alive) so I’m guessing she knows her daughter is alive and that maybe the reason she had BHU recruit Alison is because she figured Alison, having experience faking her death and running away, will be able to flush Taylor out of hiding....and Alison seems to be doing just that. 

I could not be less interested in Mona’s weird relationship with Bad Bishop. I’m sure the reveal will be disappointing anyway. 

Something about Ava’s vapid self-involvement is amusing to me. Dramatically sketching your own baby photo? Amazing. She gives Aria a run for her money. 

Considering the over the top response Andrew had to the medical papers he found in Dylan’s room I was expecting the papers to actually contain something interesting...like that Dylan had an STD or something as a result of him sleeping with Nolan but instead it was just a pinched nerve which was boring. 

Sasha was liking and responding to tweets last night that suggest Emison isn’t actually done and some secret reveal in the finale will turn it all around...the whole situation and the handling of it is very odd.

• Love 1

S1.E5: The Patchwork Girl

Mona communicates with a mysterious stranger who promises insights into Nolan's murder. Dylan struggles to concentrate on an important audition while being distracted by Dana Booker's investigation. And the Perfectionists plan to clear their names ends in tragedy.

Promo:

Clip #1:

Clip #2:

Original air date: 4/17/19

So what's "Taylor"'s plan after she takes Alison for a drive ?  Because they have to stop sometime.  And that's not "Taylor" driving, regardless of how many times Alison calls her that.  Funny how "Taylor" managed to lock both doors on the trailer, from the outside.  Pretty sure that's not how doors work on trailers, in case of fire, how would you get out ?  Then again, it wouldn't be PLL without someone getting trapped.

And those coordinates in the 3rd clip are legit, position is in a park just outside Portland called Linnton Park.  I guess Ava finally gets to see Daddy again.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

I paid close attention. I had the closed captioning on. I even rewound on a few parts when I wasn't 100% sure.

There was peanut brittle. Whiskey. Italian takeout. Ava's white girl special pumpkin spice latte.

No. Fucking. Pie. 

PLL: TP, I am disappoint.

• Love 1

Ray: Would you like some peanut brittle?
Mona: I'm on a cleanse.

Ava: I need you to lure Mason to Nolan's cabin so we can drug him and get his murder confession on tape.
Dylan: Are you being serious?
Ava: Does it look like I'm joking? 
Dylan: Drug him with what? 
Ava: Anti-anxiety meds that Nolan gave me when I was being hounded by the media after I was outed. Look, I did some research and the right dose of barbiturates can actually act like a truth serum.
Dylan: Who looks this stuff up?
Caitlin: You want us to kidnap him? 
Ava: Call it what you want. But to me it sounds like a simple plan.
Dylan: A simple plan is like taking his phone and figuring out where he was that night. 
Caitlin: Wait, you can do that?
Ava: Yeah. By hacking into the location settings on his phone. But when have you ever seen Mason without his phone?
Caitlin: Right, right, well, he even takes it to the shower.
Dylan: Don't we all? What? It's my only chance to binge the Golden Girls.
Caitlin: You are so Rose.

Dana: I wanted to get your opinion on something.
Mona: Yes, you could use a makeover.

Ali: I get that [Ray] said it was dangerous for Taylor to be here, but why are we trusting the crazy guy who lives in the basement?

Whenever something happens on this show that already happened on PLL, I always think pffft, you are no PLL, show. Caitlin getting hit by a car? That will never compare to I SEE YOU and then Hanna getting hit by a car at Mona's birthday glamping party.

I do enjoy seeing Mona, Ava, Ali and everyone else fucking with Dana just for the hell of it though.

• Love 1