Type keyword(s) to search

Two And A Half Men - General Discussion

• Start Topic

In the Season 12 premiere, Walden asks for Alan's help with adjusting his priorities in life after a health scare on Halloween.

Walden has a heart attack, and now wants a legacy by having kids.  Not by meeting a wife (he's struck out in the love departmet).  Not through a surrogate (apparently takes three years). And he's not likely to adopt as a single man competing against couples.  So Walden proposes to Alan!  Sort of funny, I guess.   I thought this might have been the end of it... then I saw the teaser for the next episode.  Looks like we've got the storyline for the final season. Uggg!

Walden has been shown to be an attractive man who is desired by other (hot) women.  On top of his youthful hotness factor, he is also a friggin' billionaire.  He ought to be able to walk into any LA night club and find plenty of women willing to be a surrogate for hire (skipping the artificial insemination in favor of steamy sex) if not a relationship partner he is seeking. 

I guess people joking how Waldon would be sleeping with Alan before the show was over were right. Seriously, I am so happy this show is ending. The jokes are horrible, Waldon doesn't know how to do anything right and to know that Jake can't read a calendar when he isn't even on the show anymore. Wow! Horrible!

This episode wasn't terrible.  At least the writers didn't have Alan in another excruciatingly embarrassing situation -- except for Walden nodding his head at Alan's crotch there at the end. 

The show should have ended years ago.  The only reason I'm still watching is to see if the writers allow Alan a shred of dignity. 

Alan has second thoughts about getting married when Walden has him sign a pre-nup.

Okay, I know it's wrong, but this is the first time I've laughed during this show in about a decade. 

Michael Bolton cracked me up!

i

In the tag previews, Ashton said it clearly:  "Charlie Sheen doesn't live here anymore..."

Well there goes the chance they had of getting Charlie to make a cameo in the finale, which would be the only reason to watch it.  Lorre really does hold a grudge, doesn't he? I'm sure Ashton and Jon will be glad when this is over.

The Michael Bolton thing at the end. DIdn't they do the same thing with Linda Carter?

I did have a few small laughs from this episode, but the whole premise of Walden marrying Alan just to get a kid is incredibly stupid and unbelievable.  In the first place, Walden is very wealthy.  It seems like he wouldn't have too much trouble finding a child to adopt.  And does he think that it's a good thing to bring a child into a home where the whole set up is a lie?  Walden and Alan may be married on paper, but they certainly don't have a relationship and they aren't a family.  It's just dumb, dumb, dumb.

I did have a few small laughs from this episode, but the whole premise of Walden marrying Alan just to get a kid is incredibly stupid and unbelievable.  In the first place, Walden is very wealthy.  It seems like he wouldn't have too much trouble finding a child to adopt.  And does he think that it's a good thing to bring a child into a home where the whole set up is a lie?  Walden and Alan may be married on paper, but they certainly don't have a relationship and they aren't a family.  It's just dumb, dumb, dumb.

Oh, yes, I think billionaires can probably find babies to adopt.  But I also think the argument can be made that Walden and Alan do have a strong relationship and they have become each other's family.  Charlie was believable when he said ad infinitum that he wanted Alan out of his house (so did I,) but Walden's kind of a mess himself and the support roles have evened out.

I agree it's crazy for two straight, sexually active, bro's to get married, but at least they've laid the groundwork for some new jokes instead of going back to the Alan-the-annoying-parasite well for the millionth time.  It's the last season, go nuts!

I didn't believe they'd go through with it.  Wow. 

It'd be watchable if Alan would stop behaving as if it were a real marriage, but that wouldn't be Alan and it wouldn't be funny.

Adding a child to a dying series never works. 

The show is like a comfy old sock -- hard to resist, and the repeats are on at a perfect time -- right after the news, while supper's getting ready.

So we watch almost every day, but there are a few story lines we're heartily sick of:

Any episode with Chelsea -- she started as a blank slate and stayed that way.

Evelyn and Teddy

Brooke Shields' episode

Alan and Lindsey

Alan and Naomi

Alan and Melissa

Charlie and Denise Richards

Favorite is the one where Charlie gets mixed up with a coven.  They don't show that one very often.

• Love 1

Alan too.  Especially Alan, after all these years of people speculating/assuming/believing that he's gay -- including his own self.

It's a waste of time to snark about the stupidity of a 2.5 Men plot, but damn, why would Walden think a PDA would convince the agency that he and Alan are a "loving couple"?

And don't single people adopt -- frequently?  A 65-year-old friend, a widow, recently adopted the three-year-old boy she'd been fostering.

It's impossible to suspend disbelief for this plot line. A single billionaire can find a way to have a baby. He doesn't have to get married. But who knows, maybe Walden's ego needs the security of a financially dependent, grovelling, conniving spouse. Alan's more or less ready to fit that role. To use a cliche, they complete each other. 

Now that was the kind of girl Walden should be looking for, smart, sweet, pretty, single and pregnant already, it's a win-win, but of course they still have to play the married men thing..

I missed the second half -- forgot to account for Obama's speech.

I liked the continuity -- Alan's lust for pregnant women -- but was disappointed that he didn't try to control himself. 

So they brought a baby boy home?  I liked Amy -- was that her name? the mom? -- and wouldn't mind seeing her again.  Is there a chance of that or is she gone forever?

Louis was neat.  Can't imagine him bouncing from foster home to foster home because no one wants him long term.  Maybe foster parents wanted his immediate love and were frustrated like Walden.  Or, I'm hoping, this is just the honeymoon period.  We'll see.

There is a great need for foster parents.  Child Services accepts single adults.  Probably even for adoption.  Walden and Alan's wedding and pretend marriage can drop the act now.

Berta was awesome and I liked the framed Star Wars graphic print in the hallway. 

• Love 1

Yeah, based on what we've seen so far, Louis wouldn't be difficult to place.  He'll probably test Walden and Alan -- that's what I'd do, in his shoes. 

Eden seems to be a natural -- not "acting" at all, like so many TV kids. 

I'm glad Louis acted like a real kid who has been bounced around. The guys acted real too, first by trying too hard and hoping Louis will love them right away. Then calming down and serious later. 

Oh, and another thing that makes the kid cool? Cheez-It.

Why couldn't they have gotten this kid two years ago? This is exactly what's been missing from the show for years, even before Charlie Sheen left. Having a little kid to take care of is what humanized the characters in the earliest seasons, even when they were acting awful. What a great scene Berta had, and look how much better the show works when it isn't just about Alan or Walden trying to get laid. And I don't even like kids but Louis was cute as a button and brought out the best in the rest of the cast.

• Love 2

Who wouldn't adopt this sweet and cute kid? he's not like the devil Jake was (see the flashbacks), he only wants cheez-it, his stuffed toy and to paint, not much else.

Why was Jenny completely absent this time? I guess they left her room for Lou or was it Alan's?

• Love 1

Can't say I really warmed to Louis on first glance.  We'll have to wait and see how he develops.

Two and a Half Men was originally about that, 2 men and a boy.  The boy now grown up and left the nest made the show more like 'Two Men' without the 'half'.

I've been watching this show since it began and am still a big fan although I think it's become shorter of laughs in recent times.

Eden Alexander continues to amaze me with his natural-ness.  It's not like he's reading from a script at all, and he seems unconscious of the camera.  Unless we're seeing the results of retakes?  Whatever, it's working for me.

The caseworker approves Walden and Alan as foster parents.  She warns them that Louis may act out, and try to manipulate them. Louis quickly picks up on Alan's need to be perceived as "the cool dad" and plays him like a fiddle. 

The episode was a nice example of what can happen when parents aren't on the same page.  Obvious, of course, but sometimes obvious is what's needed. 

Louis was great. And Walden was great with him, too. I know it's acting, but their interactions seemed very natural. I bet in real life that Ashton Kutcher is a great dad, especially having been a stepdad for quite a few years. In watching old reruns of the series, I never got a real sense of nurturing from Alan to Jake..it's more like he was either his buddy or he was annoyed by him, even though Jake was only around 10 years old when the series started. Louis is younger (6?), but I got the sense of Walden being a lot more like a father to him right away.

I agree the kid is a really good actor. I wonder how old he is? Seems very natural. Loved Alan and Walden carrying him out of the store and then sneaking in a bowl of Fruit Loops at the end of the show. 

• Love 1

I think it's interesting that gay Alan is more attractive to women than straight Alan, but kinda sad, for Alan, that he can't be totally himself.  Or maybe it's not sad.  Who IS the real Alan?  He can be smart and funny and caring.  His worst quality is what -- he uses people?  The mooch factor? 

It's unbelievable that Yoga Woman hasn't had sex in two years.  Could Walden really be the first acceptable man she's met? 

Funny thing is that Alan mostly acted pretty natural around the moms. Forcing himself to dial back the horn dog qualities to fit the gay husband role, forces Alan to be a person rather than a guy on the prowl for sex. Alan, now the husband of a wealthy man, had no reason to mooch anything off the moms either allowing him to dial back that other negative quality too. So it makes sense to me that gay, financially comfortable Alan is more attractive to women. 

• Love 1

I sensed that Alan was pretty happy about the idea of having friends to hang out with...and he's never actually seen women in the role of friends before, so maybe it was easier for him to relax and enjoy himself. Though the male stripper dancing right in his face was pretty funny. 

Well, I thought it was a cute episode....I love that kid, he is just too adorable!  But OMG, ROSE is back, LOLOLOL!!!!!! And I knew right off the bat when she gave them that cukoo clock that it had a camera inside it, LOL!

And as usual, Alan's mom was a real hoot!!! That whole "bangin' Santa" scene was priceless!

The Christmas card was nice touch as well......

I've liked most episodes since the kid turned up. They've resisted making a precocious little annoyance. He's sweet. His presence also seems to have persuaded the writers to tone down the non-stop smut a little. I understand the the show is coming to an end soon. I hope it finishes with Walden adopting Lewis.

• Love 2

I liked it too. And Rose playing Santa was fantastic! I didn't think Walden would accept her friendship so easily after she set the ferrets on him and Alan last season. One thing I have been wondering...do foster kids usually call their foster parents by their first names? I remember back in high school, there was a family nearby who had several teen

foster kids living with them and the kids always referred to them as Mom and Dad. And yes, I do agree that I hope Walden gets to adopt Lewis. Though wouldn't Alan also be his parent too, since he's married to Walden?

Since we're left to think that Rose could have been connected to Charlie's death, it creeps me out a little that she's befriended Waldon and is spending time at Charlie's former house. Since Alan is Walden's husband I've assumed that both of them would be adopting Lewis. They'd then, either stay married, or divorce but Walden gets custody since he's the one wanting to parent full time. 

Being in a social services related field, my experience is that different foster children make different choices about what they call their foster parents. The truly child focused foster parents let the children call them whatever is comfortable for the kids. Since Lewis sounds like he's been passed around, it makes sense that Lewis wouldn't want to commit to anything other than first names at the moment.