Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: The Consummation Deviation

On 11/13/2018 at 6:29 AM, Katy M said:

I can't really think of any long-running sitcom that redecorated apartments or houses.  I still have the same furniture I had when this show started.  I did get a new mattress shortly into its run, I think,

The original Roseanne did, but it was part of that winning the lottery thing

• Love 1

I think I remember reading that they like to keep everything looking as similar as possible because of syndication, and that's why the characters stay with the same clothing styles, and also probably why they like to keep the main sets as recognizably the same throughout the show's run. 

I would imagine that having the living room set up as it is, with everyone gathered around the sofa, makes it easier to film without having to redo alternate angles, and it's conducive to filming in front of a studio audience.  The BBT living room furniture arrangement (having the group gather and eat there) is not surprising for a staged, three-camera sitcom.

• Love 5

Loved it, for two reasons:

1) Sheldon defended Amy to her mother, despite Amy (as her mother said) "throwing him under the bus",  because he has to, because "those are the rules". Sheldon may be completely insensitive, but he does know that he should support his wife, so he does.*
2) Raj resolved his problems with his fiancee by actually talking to her, avoiding the usual sitcom trope of "There's a simple explanation, but I'm committed to some stupid lie!" I'm hoping they will actually have a successful marriage (well, for the 5 episodes or so they'll be married by the time the series ends). 

* Well, when the writers remember!

• Love 1