Type keyword(s) to search

S37: Ponderosa *Possible Spoilers*

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

This is what I hate most about when the contestants get voted off and cleaned up.  They look so much better dirty and scruffy (though John, Dan, and Alec look pretty dang good cleaned up, too).  At first when I saw Christian with his beard in his 'this is my Ponderosa' and it was daylight I was excited because I thought that meant he didn't shave right away.  

I always prefer the scruffy island look, especially when they grow beards. The Ponderosa/back to life bloat is better camouflaged if they keep the beards, I'd at least keep mine until the reunion if I were a man to avoid the instant contrast of skinny island man at FTC with chubby-faced reunion guy when they make the switch from taped to live in the finale. 

The one guy I think looks much better in Ponderosa is Carl and I'm not sure why. Is it the shaved head (he did have some hair on the island, right?) or has he gained just enough weight back? Carl on the island looked like a skinny, somewhat broken down old man, but Ponderosa Carl looks far younger and better.

John doesn't really look any different to me, except maybe a bit cleaner. His hairstyle weathers the change from island to Ponderosa pretty seamlessly.

• Love 3

I also think that the jeans they made him wear on the island just looked more droopy and baggy as he lost weight, whereas some other outfits might not have done that so much.   But agree that the shave and getting to relax were the main things!

Davie’s Ponderosa makes me love him even more.

Alison is way more interesting in her Ponderosa than she ever was on the show. Makes me think there was a missed opportunity in her edit.

Kara seems like a sweetheart. What an amazing attitude for someone who came thisclose to F3.

One of the best things about this season, actually, is the complete lack of bitterness and the seemingly genuine camaraderie. I’m also going to miss this group.

Thank you, @LadyChatts, for posting these videos all season.

• Love 9

Stream of Conscious while watching the Ponderosa. We really need to have this entire cast play again because they really are amazing.

Davie:

Davie lost 36 pounds

I am not sure what is up with the howling but it seems to be Davie's thing. The jury all laughed and then he did it entering Ponderosa

LOL at the hide and seek welcome

And Carl makes a Ponderosa appearance

Elizabeth seems to be an easy person to talk to because everyone is talking to her.

I love the real life bonds that these folks seem to have found.

Alison:

Damn, Alison lost 27 pounds.

Christian looks far better with the island scruff

OK, Alec using his hat as a blindfold is just gross. I guess Alison doesn't care because well she is used to Survivor smell.

I think Mike's tribal blow up at Alison hurt him in the finals. People seemed not to be too happy with how Mike behaved at that tribal.

Kara:

Damn, Kara lost 26 pounds. Can we please stop bitching about the food on rewards because the weight loss this season strikes me as pretty high

I love that she was greeted with a cheer. It was adorable and fit her perfectly. I love this jury. Seriously. They are amazing.

I was amazed to see Davie with his smartphone when Kara came in. I suspected that they had access to their electronics but it was weird seeing it.

She had such a great attitude.

LOL at the towel animals.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I think in future seasons I'm going to skip the broadcast show and just watch the ponderosas. Those people seem so much nicer and more fun than the losers on the show!

They were this season. There have been other seasons where people where pretty awful to each other. It was pretty grim. Then there are seasons like this one. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

They were this season. There have been other seasons where people where pretty awful to each other. It was pretty grim. Then there are seasons like this one. 

Lol this is the first season where I’ve discovered the ponderosa videos. I could totally see it going a different way. Not sure if that’s something I’d want to see, or not. 

Gabon is probably the gold standard for shitty Ponderosa. Cagayan is less celebrated for its awfulness but is also terrible IMO.  Philippines is a wonderful season with a pretty bad Ponderosa -- I'm pretty sure nobody who voted for RC for Miss Survivor saw her Ponderosa videos, which made me question who on earth decided she would be good TV, and how on earth they made her seem so tolerable on the show...

Best Ponderosa is of course Heroes VS Villains!

• Love 5
On 12/22/2018 at 5:32 AM, KimberStormer said:

Gabon is probably the gold standard for shitty Ponderosa. Cagayan is less celebrated for its awfulness but is also terrible IMO.  Philippines is a wonderful season with a pretty bad Ponderosa -- I'm pretty sure nobody who voted for RC for Miss Survivor saw her Ponderosa videos, which made me question who on earth decided she would be good TV, and how on earth they made her seem so tolerable on the show...

Best Ponderosa is of course Heroes VS Villains!

If I recall, RC is also notable for not having lost any weight.

My favorite Ponderosas were HvsV and Micronesia (where we actually saw the final 2 show up).  And this season will rank up there now, too.  

I remember Andrea saying that the GC Ponderosa was a lot more blah compared to her Caramoan Ponderosa.  She said Caramoan was a big party and GC everyone was over it and just wanted it to be over.