Type keyword(s) to search

S37: Ponderosa *Possible Spoilers*

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

I mentioned this in the episode thread but I found interesting that she seemed to have had a hard time "betraying Angelina" and it makes me wonder if Angelina really is as disliked out there as much as the edit is trying to show. I mean it was a 12-1 vote tonight.

I was sorry to see her go, too.  I was hoping that all the focus on her being voted out meant she was safe.  Glad she went out fighting!

My guess is the Davids voted for her for a few reasons: first of all, they had no choice.  They likely knew all the Goliaths weren't budging, so why rock the boat if there really are fractures?  Gabby, Nick, and Christian are in a counter alliance with 3 Goliaths so why potentially ruin that life line.  Secondly, I do think Elizabeth rubbed people the wrong way.  She was an easy vote.  Lastly, the Goliaths probably figured it was in their best interest to stick together and keep their numbers-especially because Allison, Mike, and Alec are in this second alliance.  They may have been too afraid to make a move, especially something like this might have united the Davids.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LanceM said:

I mentioned this in the episode thread but I found interesting that she seemed to have had a hard time "betraying Angelina" and it makes me wonder if Angelina really is as disliked out there as much as the edit is trying to show. I mean it was a 12-1 vote tonight.

IMHO Elizabeth’s emotional difficulty was more internally directed than Angelina-focused.  Regardless of Angelina’s motivations, Elizabeth felt paying back Angelina’s disclosure with a direct attack was a dishonorable and unworthy act - but Elizabeth had zero other options with any chance at forestalling an otherwise inevitable eviction.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Ultimately I wanted her in the jury.  I think Elizabeth will be a good host.

Thank you so much for posting this link to the Ponderosa clip!  I always have the devil of a time finding it on the CBS site.

Elizabeth looks like a wonderful person, someone I'd really enjoy knowing.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Nashville said:

Elizabeth had zero other options with any chance at forestalling an otherwise inevitable eviction.

Elizabeth explicitly said that she she didn't take the game personally, and that seems to be the case. I've never actually watched a Ponderosa video, but I read about it here, and I think she'll be an ideal Ponderosa hostess. If Angelina goes soon (no spoilers, just hypotheticals), I think they'll be fun together.

I'm probably focusing on the wrong thing here, I usually am, but it is SO NICE to see one of them wash up before they eat!    You seldom see that at Ponderosa, which I understand, I'd probably be shoveling food in my hole as fast as possible too.  But I always cringe a little to see them go right to eating first, even though they've been doing it for a month without any problems.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Thank you so much for posting this link to the Ponderosa clip!  I always have the devil of a time finding it on the CBS site.

Elizabeth looks like a wonderful person, someone I'd really enjoy knowing.

I have given up trying to find Ponderosa on CBS and I go to YouTube.

Thank you for posting the link.

So glad to see the stereotype straw hat and plaid shirt are gone, her hair is washed and soft and she gets a couple of very peaceful days before the next arrival. 

I like this Elizabeth.

(That is one huge pizza for one person.) 

• Love 2
On 11/7/2018 at 6:27 PM, LadyChatts said:

CBS has put up a paywall for Ponderosa.  It's $10 a bloody month, that I refuse absolutely to pay.

So thanks for posting the link, though I had found it on YouTube,

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

You can get CBS All Access for $5.99 with some ads, which isn't bad but still more than I would spend lol.

Given how much I pay for my cable (I thought monopolies were illegal?), there's no way I'm paying anything more, lol.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 10
On 11/9/2018 at 5:43 PM, Brookside said:

Given how much I pay for my cable (I thought monopolies were illegal?), there's no way I'm paying anything more, lol.

I'm able to watch Ponderosa for free on cbs.com with my cable log in, at least the next day I haven't tried further out than that

• Love 1
1 hour ago, fireice13 said:

I'm able to watch Ponderosa for free on cbs.com with my cable log in, at least the next day I haven't tried further out than that

I'm so inept I wouldn't even know how to log in via cable!  In fact I don't even know what it means.  I get cable, and I get CBS through cable, doesn't that mean I should get Ponderosa?

Edited by Brookside

Go to YouTube and google Survivor Ponderosa. You will find it. I despise having to log in to my cable account to watch stuff. Either make it available or don't, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to watch stuff. But that is me.

• Love 8

I have the worst time logging into my cable company to get on various apps and websites.  It usually times out every time or doesn't direct me to the right page.  I get the Ponderosa clips off of Youtube, too, because even though I have All Access, I still find CBS's website a nightmare to navigate.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I have the worst time logging into my cable company to get on various apps and websites.  It usually times out every time or doesn't direct me to the right page.  I get the Ponderosa clips off of Youtube, too, because even though I have All Access, I still find CBS's website a nightmare to navigate.

Wow.   You are totally not inspiring me to sign up for CBS All Access.:)

II finally saw Elizabeth's Ponderosa video on YouTube. She seemed so different! And very emotional. It's easy for us to underestimate the impact this game has on the players, watching from the comfort of our couches. It was nice to see she really appreciated the lessons she learned, and that she didn't seem at all bitter. 

I was surprised she didn't lose more weight. Maybe they were getting more calories than I realized. 

• Love 1

John's Ponderosa.  I do love John and he's in great spirits, even saying he predicted a brochacho blindside, but didn't expect it to be him.  Goliath strong mentality aside, he was really the last Goliath I wanted to see go.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 13

This is going to be a fun Ponderosa. John is handling everything really well and will have a good amount of time to get himself back into work shape.

I loved the way he was laughing about tribal the entire way to Ponderosa. And for once there was someone who looked better cleaned up then dirty. A lot of times the contestants look better on the island. And he ate two pizzas and rice. "Oh well, since I can't do that I might as well dig in." Loved the section on the vows. And oh my god he can do Yoga and the idea of authentic introspection.

And, sigh....

• Love 4
On 11/8/2018 at 1:24 AM, Nashville said:

IMHO Elizabeth’s emotional difficulty was more internally directed than Angelina-focused.  Regardless of Angelina’s motivations, Elizabeth felt paying back Angelina’s disclosure with a direct attack was a dishonorable and unworthy act - but Elizabeth had zero other options with any chance at forestalling an otherwise inevitable eviction.

Elizabeth's discomfort with throwing Angelina under the bus makes her already inexplicable decision to wait until tribal council even dumber. It would have made so much more sense to start the trouble at camp, which would have allowed her to do it without Angelina sitting right there. Waiting until TC didn't give the Goliaths any time to think it over and maybe change their target. 

I'm probably focusing on the wrong thing here, I usually am, but it is SO NICE to see one of them wash up before they eat!    You seldom see that at Ponderosa, which I understand, I'd probably be shoveling food in my hole as fast as possible too.  But I always cringe a little to see them go right to eating first, even though they've been doing it for a month without any problems.

God, me too. My first order of business would be a long, long shower and THEN I could sit down and enjoy the food. Nice clean hair and clothes followed by my first real food in weeks...heaven. Sitting in my own filth to eat..not so much. 

So glad to see the stereotype straw hat and plaid shirt are gone, her hair is washed and soft and she gets a couple of very peaceful days before the next arrival. 

She looked lovely in the baseball cap and tank top, such an improvement over the plaid shirt and cowboy hat. 

This is going to be a fun Ponderosa. John is handling everything really well and will have a good amount of time to get himself back into work shape.

John seems like a genuinely great guy, and also a bit of a dork (in a good way). Such an interesting contrast to his appearance. 

Whoever is responsible for casting this season needs to stick with the show, what an interesting mix of personalities they found this time around.

• Love 11

I finally saw John's Ponderosa. What a multi-layered guy. Very likeable and not at all what you would expect from someone called "The Mayor of Slamtown". Actually, he was pretty low key and personable for the whole of his Survivor experience. 

I realize he's in good shape but I was gobsmacked by his handstand on the picnic table. Holy schnikies. 

Elizabeth seemed sweet, friendly and low key as well. I don't know why but I didn't realize she was married with children, or did I mishear.. the sound was very muffled on my PC. 

I agree with the poster above. This season has a very interesting mix of people, and so far most of them are people you feel like you'd enjoy meeting in real life. 

• Love 9

Dan's in very good spirits.  I love when he says 'this wasn't in the rule book.;  I will miss the guy.  I don't mind the Goliaths getting voted off, but I really liked John and Dan, so too bad it was them.  It was a smart decision on the part of the Davids, though, to get rid of two physical threats.  John could probably win for being a very likable guy, too.

I loved when he went to Elizabeth to talk about missing his kids back home, since she would know the feeling.  This was probably my favorite Ponderosa so far.  And, in general, this has been my favorite Ponderosa series in a very long time.  Hope the rest of the castoffs who make it are as pleasant!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Dan's in very good spirits.  I love when he says 'this wasn't in the rule book.;  I will miss the guy.  I don't mind the Goliaths getting voted off, but I really liked John and Dan, so too bad it was them.  It was a smart decision on the part of the Davids, though, to get rid of two physical threats.  John could probably win for being a very likable guy, too.

I loved when he went to Elizabeth to talk about missing his kids back home, since she would know the feeling.  This was probably my favorite Ponderosa so far.  And, in general, this has been my favorite Ponderosa series in a very long time.  Hope the rest of the castoffs who make it are as pleasant!

First, thank you for posting these here - I love not having to search for them!

This may also be my favorite Ponderosa so far. Dan seems like a super nice guy and he took his ouster well. Elizabeth and John are also wonderful. Not an ounce of bitterness between them. And that “how to be a Brochacho” clip is hilarious!!! Fabulous season and fabulous Ponderosas. 

• Love 6

I never paid much attention to what happens to people after they get voted out, but for some reason I came here & watched the three videos of the jurors so far.  So cute!  They seem like really nice people.  Newbie question - is there someplace where there's more background?  What happens to the pre-jury people?  Do they have their own  Ponderosa?  Get put up in a Best Western?   Get sent home?  Do the jurors each have their own little villa?  Now I want to know more :)

• Love 1

LOL I am loving the Ponderosa videos this season. 

Dan is married and has kids? I had no clue. The Kara stuff has a slightly weirder feel to it right now. I could have sworn he was single. 

And he lost 25 pounds. Damn. That is a good amount of weight to lose. 

Good chat with Elizabeth. I like it when they have slightly older and more established people on the show. It changes how they play and react to things in a positive way. After being justifiably upset with the nullifier he very quickly moved to “I have seen worse. It sucks but it is a game.”  

And the commercial was funny. I think the pink flamingo pool floatie was the best touch.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I never paid much attention to what happens to people after they get voted out, but for some reason I came here & watched the three videos of the jurors so far.  So cute!  They seem like really nice people.  Newbie question - is there someplace where there's more background?  What happens to the pre-jury people?  Do they have their own  Ponderosa?  Get put up in a Best Western?   Get sent home?  Do the jurors each have their own little villa?  Now I want to know more :)

Pre-jurors don't have their own Ponderosa series, which I think is disappointing.  Especially this season-would have loved to have seen the looks on everyone' s faces when Natalie showed up.  Once the merge happens, the pre-jurors are sent off on a vacation somewhere.  I don't know if they stay right in Fiji or go out of the country (it has varied in other seasons-I know during Worlds Apart, which filmed in Nicaragua, the pre-jurors were sent to Costa Rica).  As a rule, the pre-jurors aren't supposed to leave before the game has finished filming, but there have been times it has happened.  However, they aren't supposed to make it obvious they are home.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Dan is married and has kids? I had no clue. The Kara stuff has a slightly weirder feel to it right now. I could have sworn he was single. 

I assume the kids are from a former relationship. I remember the “Hot Cop” picture and mania, and I remember the police department saying that he was single but the other guys were married.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Newbie question - is there someplace where there's more background?  What happens to the pre-jury people?  Do they have their own  Ponderosa?  Get put up in a Best Western?   Get sent home?  Do the jurors each have their own little villa?  Now I want to know more :)

This link provides a helpful list of answers to commonly asked Survivor questions.

• Love 1
On 11/21/2018 at 11:15 PM, LadyChatts said:

That’s the best I’ve ever liked Dan.

• Love 1
On 11/7/2018 at 6:27 PM, LadyChatts said:

I was hoping she'd make it to the end, but it's awesome that she's gotten something more valuable than money out of this game. Good for her, I doubt many of the others would have said this, other than maybe Christian.

• Love 1
On 11/22/2018 at 1:01 PM, RescueMom said:

I assume the kids are from a former relationship. I remember the “Hot Cop” picture and mania, and I remember the police department saying that he was single but the other guys were married.

Yeah, I didn't pick up on any mention of a wife in that video, he seemed to just be talking about his kids. I sure hope he's not married after the way he carried on about Kara. 

I liked him a lot more in his Ponderosa video than I did in the game. I'm quite surprised he took the twist that well after the paranoid mess he was in the game. He and John will have a good time at Ponderosa, things could be worse. Again, what a likable bunch of people and entertaining season. 

• Love 4

Dan had posted something on SM about being single, but I don't know if he was married before.  Had he ever mentioned his kids before Ponderosa?

ETA:

Alec's Ponderosa: Elizabeth said he didn't look like he lost a lot of weight, and Alec said he was surprised when they all said they would have voted for him.  He said he needs to play again, but that probably ain't happening (which is too bad, because I'd love to see Alec get a second chance).  John sure gets some interesting wake up calls lol I'm surprised he and Dan mess with a sleeping wrestler.  Alec got to see his mom.

Carl's Ponderosa: I didn't realize Carl was an ex-smoker who quit right before he went out there, so maybe that explains some of his high emotions.  I thought he might be bitter but he was in very good spirits.  I like how Carl says to Alec "you were strong as hell and that's why they all wanted you out" when he was leading the charge to vote him off.  He also got to see his wife.

Can I just say Elizabeth looks about 17?  And I don't mean that as an insult, but I can't believe she's 31.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 8

Really am enjoying Ponderosa.  Have to wonder if Angelina gets voted out if that will change or if she will. 

It is entirely possible that Angelina is trying (too hard) to ‘look like the perfect Survivor’.  

• Love 1

I enjoyed Alec's Ponderosa. I laughed my ass off when he went to wake up John. I so hope that Dan put him up to that. And I wanted Carl to do the same thing.

I don't know what to make of Carl's Ponderosa. He seemed fine at Ponderosa but I am not sure what I make of him. I found him to be a bit of a dick in the game. He clearly held grudges but seemed happy that no one had a grudge against him.

• Love 4

I found it funny that Carl said he didn't let it go to his head or wasn't too cocky or something like that (I think he said such things twice in his Ponderosa video). That's what got him snuffed was his over cockiness, Godfather persona. And Elizabeth or Alec or someone said what Carl says is no BS...I find Carl to be full of BS. He's a talker. He seems like one I'd prefer in small doses (have a few of those types in my life). But it was sweet, and seemed genuine, how he appreciates what he has... more now, including his wife.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Lamima said:

I found it funny that Carl said he didn't let it go to his head or wasn't too cocky or something like that (I think he said such things twice in his Ponderosa video). 

Yeah, I LOLed on that.  If Don Carleone didn’t think dictating his vote directives while lolling about in a hammock qualifed as “cocky”, then God spare us from seeing what does.  ;)

Edited by Nashville
Grammar
  • Love 4

To be fair, he at least said he packed his bags every TC.  There've been plenty of Survivor who got booted without their belongings because they were that confident.  So at least he won't be jacketless at Ponderosa ;)

• Love 6

This Ponderosa is one of the best. I love watching Elizabeth .. she has a great smile, and looks like she may never have a wrinkle. The men are all gracious losers! And honestly, if you played Survivor without making a fool of yourself one way or another, you can count yourself a winner in my book. Love this show!

• Love 9