Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E08: Hells Kitchen

• Start Topic

It says everything that the "B" storyline here was Noah not liking his vegetables.  I look forward to next week's episode where Noah wanting to stay up past his bedtime is paired with even more sexual assault.   

I was also a little confused about how old the perps were supposed to be.  Did they suggest those two forty-something looking guys were supposed to have been in high school in the early 2000s?

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Another Detective really needs to be added, preferably Female.

cough...Kylie Bunbury...cough! 

T H I S! Pair her w Fin and Carisi/Rollins. Olivia lets them work the streets and she does more of the big interrogations. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Fellaway said:
14 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

I get there is a level of arrogance with these kinds of people but if the DA and chef had apparently had a habit of double teaming girls in high school would an svu DA, of all people, have been dumb enough to wear a wire thinking only that one incident would come up and nothing else?

Yeah, that was lame.  Did Bad DA really think the chef guy was gonna roll over and say he did the DA's rape, too, just because the DA kept saying he did?  I guess he found out how far the chef was willing to go for friendship.

I think the attorney forgot which girl he raped.  He thought the chef did that rape and then panicked as he realized that it really was one he committed.  But, yeah, he had to know it was a gamble whether something implicating him would come up.   

• Love 1
On 11/9/2018 at 3:51 AM, IOU Payne said:

Back in the day, Noah would have been offered two options for dinner: Take It or Leave It.

I used to tell mine you are either hungry or picky~and picky usually goes to bed hungry.

How old is Noah supposed to be now anyway?  Chopped lettuce with olives is dinner?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kicotan said:

I used to tell mine you are either hungry or picky~and picky usually goes to bed hungry.

How old is Noah supposed to be now anyway?  Chopped lettuce with olives is dinner?

I was hoping that was just a salad and an entree was going to be served.  Saint Mommy Olivia serves her child each course separately, such as in a fine restaurant, instead of family-style, with everything on the table at once.  I'm hoping, anyway.  We are getting it Show, Noah's turned into a brat.  What I don't get is why Olivia doesn't know how to react to her child's outbursts and doesn't discipline him in any way.

• Love 5

I was a very picky eater as a kid. And I mean VERY picky. I wasn't a brat about it, but I absolutely wouldn't eat an awful lot of foods. So my mom made sure that she cooked what I would eat. But I can tell you now if I'd ever behaved like Noah, I probably wouldn't be sitting here right now...

8 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I did genuinely like when Fin said the $800 liqueur tasted like warm apple juice.

Now that's hilarious!  From what has been told by many tv people, that warm apple juice is always used as the liquor in drinking scenes.

4 hours ago, kicotan said:

I would say he is 5,6, or 7.

• Love 3
On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:18 AM, dttruman said:

Are the writers slowly and subtly trying to make Fin look bad? First that "pot" truck incident in a previous episode and now with him drinking on duty. I wonder what they are trying to do.

Does anyone else find this a little awkward, when Carisi* interviews a former victim about the intimate details? I thought this would be a perfect situation for Rollins or even Benson to do the interviewing

* I changed part of my comment because I misidentified Carisi interviewing the 3 victims, he only interviewed one and Fin interviewed another

No, I liked that, shows he's human and not a by the booker. 

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:54 AM, dttruman said:

My bad! I thought female victims didn't like to reveal lewd details like that to a man.

Works both ways, sometimes female victims prefer a man as they think women will judge them. 

• Love 1
On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:21 AM, dttruman said:

I thought this might be one of their better ones. There was only a smidgen of St Olivia, which made it better. Unfortunately, we will probably get a double dose or maybe even a triple dose of her next week. The plot pretty much stayed on course, but I thought they were going to make it tough on the initial sexual assault victim. She was downing liquor with her fellow employee, so that could have made her case less solid.

Her case and that of the others was very weak however taken together it is a 'smoke without fire' allegation, something the law society is becoming extremely wary off especially with publicity involved.  

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:02 AM, WendyCR72 said:

The show is 20 seasons in. To quote a Barenaked Ladies song, "It's all been done before."

That's why I think they should go to 21 for the record then let it go. 

• Love 1
On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:41 PM, illdoc said:

Since they spent maybe two minutes on each Brooklyn victim, would it have killed them to make one black??????? Instead, we get more white special victims. Sigh.

Maybe he had a type?

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:43 PM, Josette said:

I think the attorney forgot which girl he raped.  He thought the chef did that rape and then panicked as he realized that it really was one he committed.  But, yeah, he had to know it was a gamble whether something implicating him would come up.   

I think you could read it either way, it's left deliberately ambiguous. 

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:19 AM, shksabelle said:

Gee, Bethany forgot the part about remodeling her house and needing an extra front door. 

I think I am finally sick enough of this slanted BS to stop watching thus crap. 

Took the words right out of my mouth, of course in MH's world not only would he have been convicted but all his friends as well. 

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

What was the point of mentioning that the chef guy stole the underwear from all of his previous victims? I was waiting for a scene where that comment would lead to a search warrant and actual evidence.

To establish a pattern so they can use their favourite word, 'predator'?

Edited by Joe Hellandback
  • Love 1

1.  Huh, I thought the Maitre D was going to have a bigger role?

2. I like the fact that we see the victim is drunk and horny, unfortunately it goes downhill from here. 

3. No real cop would ditch his lunch, chuck it on the bonnet of the car.

4. Oh, let's lead the drunken traumatised witness again when she says she can't remember;

"Did the Uber driver try something?"

"Andrew Leibowitz, the other one on the front page?"

5.  So we have Cosby and Kavanaugh mentioned in the same ep? At least they're up front with it. 

6. When Benson leaked to the press I was so mad I wanted the suspects to find out about it and blackmail her into having sex with them as revenge! Have we learnt nothing from McMartin? I think in the final ep she should be fired for these leaks.   

7. Once again, civilians can just walk into the SVU?

8. The corroborating witness doesn't add ANYTHING, even if it wasn't just hearsay she actually saw nothing of any evidential value.  

9. Isn't Andrew represented by council? How can they therefore spring their wire trap? Equally his actual remarks

Q; "Did she put up a fight?"

A; "A teaspoonful, to spice things up"

Stone; "What did you mean by that?"

Accused; "That she was violent during consensual sex"

Stone; "Huh?"

Plus they're blaming one another, it's so muddied it's worthless. 

10. 'Mr Me Too is a serial predator'. He is? Because I just heard one accusation of a drunken he said, she said from his teenage years?

11. "You think they're not coming for you some day" to Stone. I keep thinking of that girl he picked up in Exile? 

12. Victim; "I'm not a victim!"

Benson; "Did he rape you?"

Victim; "No!"

Benson; "You said he raped you"

Victim; "That was a mistake"

Boy, there's an awful lot of exculpatory evidence they're going to have to disclose to the defence. I hope?

13. I would love a later ep where we find out both these guys were innocent but with MH in charge I figure there's fat chance.

14. So everything works out perfectly for the victim? I know the idea of the show is to encourage people to report but COME ON!

6/10 

• Love 1