Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

The Vampire Chronicles

While I am THRILLED that they're doing a series of these books, I really with it were the Mayfair Witches instead. I'd love for someone to do a mini series of the first three books in that series. The first one is difficult for some people to get through, mostly because it's just a lot of background info on the family, but I adore it. I like these novels as well, but I'm kind of over them at the moment. There are lots of vampire shows and movies out there, and while I still think Rice's are the best, they're just not holding my interest like they used to. 

• Like 2

I love the Mayfair witches as well. I am hoping if this show does well it will lead to other shows. I love her older stuff, the new books have gone off the rails a bit for me. I haven't gotten to newest one yet.

• Like 1

The first novel about the Mayfair witches is my absolute favorite of her books.

I liked the Vampire Chronicles in the 80s, when I was a teen. Once I grew up... eh, not so much. I tried to reread them, but I just couldn't get into them anymore. I'll check out the series, though.

• Like 2

I am thrilled they are adapting TVC first -but I am also one of those people that loves Mmenoch the Devil so so hard - so my taste is to be suspected...

I read The Mayfair Witches too and my biggest take away from those was that Rice could write something truly scary.  I don't remember if it was Lasher or Taltos - but I know one of them really freaked me out so my thoughts around that series is marred by that.

If I am being honest - I just want a good representation of Marius (who is by far my favorite character) - which means I need this to last probably for a few seasons to finally wash away the stank of the movie that shall not be named. 

Like the tv adaption of The Lost Boys, I don't have much hope for this show, but I'll probably give it chance. So much will rest on the casting and depiction of Lestat, which is no easy task. I do like the idea of the show beginning with Lestat's story in Paris.

I love the first 3 books in The Vampire Chronicles series then things started to fall apart to me. 

I figured they would start with The Vampire Lestat.  I liked the movie Interview With The Vampire and thought it was a good adaptation. I pity the kid who would have to follow Kirsten Dunst as Claudia. She was amazing so maybe they do not want to try again. Then again perhaps we will see stuff from the Original novel pop up in the series.  The Interviewer Daniel Molloy returns in the 3rd book.

Queen of the Damned is great since we had all the Vampires together.  It would be nice to see that come to life. I have hope but not a lot.

I cant want to see who they cast that could be a make or break it. 

I feel her stories work better as a series. I do not like that Hulu usually wont release all the episodes at once. For some shows they do and others not.