Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Anticipation For Dracula (2019): Fangs To Look Forward To?

On 11/5/2018 at 4:20 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

What are the odds they keep true to the book instead of adding some soul-mate/past life/Eternal Love backstory to Dracula/Mina?

Haha, I understand the frustration, but I loooove the 1992 movie, so I would totally be fine with them adding that element :p

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zima said:

Haha, I understand the frustration, but I loooove the 1992 movie, so I would totally be fine with them adding that element :p

I haven't seen this since it worked on USA in the 90s but, there was a Great (as I remember it) mini series called Dracula the True Story, that goes into Vlad Tempish's life as Warrior/Ruler and ends with Vlad being ex-communicated by The Church, assisted and rising as the Dracula of Legend.

I could totally get behind a series that followed the same path and then expanding into the book but, I'd prefer they leave out the BS love story.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2018 at 4:20 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

What are the odds they keep true to the book instead of adding some soul-mate/past life/Eternal Love backstory to Dracula/Mina?

There's too much in the book which doesn't play well for modern audiences.  They'll definitely update it, like all adaptions do, the question is just how. 

On 7/1/2019 at 7:47 PM, Kromm said:

There's too much in the book which doesn't play well for modern audiences.  They'll definitely update it, like all adaptions do, the question is just how.

I think there is room for a genuine horror adaptation of the book, but that would require Dracula to be portrayed as a disturbing villain instead of a romantic anti-hero.  It seems unlikely this will break the romantic anti-hero trend.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Rewatched the 2006 tv adaptation with Marc Warren, Dan Stevens, Sophia Myles and David Suchret 

recently.

Any thoughts on that one, still one of my least favorites.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba

Newbie here...and don't have Netflix. Will this be shown on BBC America? If so, when does it start?

• Like 1