Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Something Is Rotten in Denmark

• Start Topic

I am surprised that no one has commented on Leanne's ignorant comments about Brandi not being sophisticated enough to be an alcoholic. Leanne has NO IDEA of the reality of alcoholism and that it has NOTHING to do with a person's level of sophistication. It's like she is trying to insult Brandi more by calling her a "drunk." A "drunk" is the common vernacular for an alcoholic, so Leanne is showing herself to be the unsophisticated one here. I don't think Brandi is an alcoholic, although she certainly enjoys the drink. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, lawyergal said:

I am surprised that no one has commented on Leanne's ignorant comments about Brandi not being sophisticated enough to be an alcoholic. Leanne has NO IDEA of the reality of alcoholism and that it has NOTHING to do with a person's level of sophistication. It's like she is trying to insult Brandi more by calling her a "drunk." A "drunk" is the common vernacular for an alcoholic, so Leanne is showing herself to be the unsophisticated one here. I don't think Brandi is an alcoholic, although she certainly enjoys the drink. 

I think Leeanne was just making a joke & trying to be funny;  i don't think she was making some statement on alcoholism. 

• Love 24
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

The fact that Brandi can drink that much and still be standing makes me think she's got a super high tolerance. Which would lead me to believe she's not drinking JUST socially. 

I can believe that she was a partier back in the day and just has residual tolerance.  I hardly drink anymore, but under the right circumstances I can really put them back -- under the wrong circumstance I have a couple of glasses of wine and need a nap.  

4 hours ago, SweetPotato said:

Kameron is at a Michelin-starred restaurant, in Copenhagen, and she wishes she could order a quesadilla?!

(Nothing against quesadillas, they are delicious)

I did enjoy Xanax Kam and watching her try to wrangle her luggage as well.  Also, those pink packing cubes, loved those, I may need to get some.

Those cubes are the shit.  I have a ton of Eagle Creek ones.  I also have the big folding thing. The problem is my suitcase ends up heavy because I can fit so much crap in it.  My stepmom has the suitcase that goes with them.  We have had long discussions about packing organization.  We took a 2 week trip to Europe where everyone was only allowed a 24" suitcase.  Kameron wasn't really utilizing her cubes well.

Kameron is the absolute fucking worst.  That lip purse and nod and the dogged badgering would be enough to make want me punch her in the shit stirring face.  I don't think I could handle being in the same room as her.  And her righteous indignation when calling D'Andra disgusting -- bitch, please.

What exactly is this extra high standard that LeeAnne is being held to?  Not acting like a psycho?  

LeeAnne is worried about people hearing about D'Andra's butt darts, but doesn't think the adoption people will hear about her calling Brandi and alcoholic to anyone that will listen.  Okay.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, SuzyQILoveYou said:

I had more to say, but I'm feeling a little goofy and I'm rethinking if I want to take this medication anymore.

@SuzyQILoveYou - if you do decide to continue taking this medication please make sure to post afterwards.  I’m giving you a gold star in addition to a like for that post.

I’m so glad that people are starting to share my Cary love!  You guys have covered the big stuff, but random observations:

LeeAnne with no make up on was downright horrifying.  

When Stephanie was talking to Travis, there was either a wig or a pile of extensions on her bed.  It took me a while to process what was happening and figure out it wasn’t someone’s head sticking out of a pile of blankets.

LeeAnne and D’Andra were both fashion victims at the concert.

What was with the slo mo of the ladies walking down stairs, etc.?  Like they are rock stars or something.  Uh, no.  Thanks Bravo.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 8

First Stephanie literally doesn't know where in the world she is and on top of that she has no idea what she's eating. Someone throw this woman a bone and take her for a burger or something, lol. 

I don't believe Brandi is truly that upset or concerned about what LeeAnne is saying about her. You don't have to be all that smart to realize that Brandi making decisions and behaving in a way that supports LeeAnne's assertions about her being an alcoholic only hurts Brandi who is the one that potentially has something to lose. If she was that concerned, I doubt she would be so stupid and reckless. Or is she really that stupid to realize that getting wasted on camera to get LeeAnne to admit that she called Brandi an alcoholic in no way proves that Brandi isn't an alcoholic? Brandi is paranoid because of her own insecurities of her own past behaviour. 

LeeAnne and Kam are not innocent in the pitfalls of their friendship with D'Andra at the moment, however, D'Andra has been next level. She's argumentative, confrontational and yet doubles down and insists that others feelings about her behaviour are wrong but somehow everyone should just trust her interpretation of what's going on. 

I thought Cary looked great on this trip. I'm enjoying her and Stephanie this season. I think both of them saw things in themselves that they wanted to fix and they're being more cognizant of it this season and while it's so contrary to what this show is supposed to be about, I love that I'm seeing some growth in them. Truth be told, Brandi and LeeAnne bring enough crazy and drama that the rest could afford to be normal and bland. 

• Love 15

Kam omg “I have never seen anyone act like that!” Wtf D’Andra was pissed off but she wasn’t being a psycho. 

Its funny that Cary said she has never seen Kam this upset but it barely looks like she is moving her face because it is full of so much Botox.

I hated their behavior at the restaurant. How embarrassing.

Brandi with her drinking plan... Cmon girl.

The cooking class venue was so pretty! 

I did enjoy Leanne’s line “this place has a very cool vibe. We do not fit in here.”

Kam’a artsy school? Didn’t she go to SMU?

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 7

Just one thing I'd like to point out. I grew up in SoCal. Cameron does NOT have a Valley Girl accent, there is something else twisted in there with it. Not sure what it is, but while the Valley Girl schtick could be like grody to the max, it never made me want to puncture my eardrums in the same way.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, iloveit said:

Kam omg “I have never seen anyone act like that!” Wtf D’Andra was pissed off but she wasn’t being a psycho. 

That's because all Kam's faux concern and outrage about D'Andra this season is just concern trolling.  She wants to pretend she's a good person and just looking out for D'Andra but she really just wants to talk mad shit and shame her.  D'Andra has probably dealt with this particular flavor of mean girl all her life, which is why it pushes her buttons so easily, so her reaction is over the top, but she has definitely not veered into I've never seen anyone act like that in all my life territory.  I mean, LeeAnne is right there and I'm certain she's acted more "crazy" than D'Andra was.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, SweetPotato said:

Kameron is at a Michelin-starred restaurant, in Copenhagen, and she wishes she could order a quesadilla?!

Yeah, this was so lame. She is supposed to be at the top of Dallas society? I would have thought that if you were part of a family that had a private jet, you would have experienced enough in the world that you could eat a few bites of raw scallops at a freaking Michelin star restaurant. It’s not like it was some random carry out place in an old strip mall. Also does she really eat fries, burgers, and quesadillas? I guess she is so tall, she can probably eat a decent amount without gaining weight (I am jealous of that).

the cooking class looked like such a better experience than the brewery. The brewery looked really nice but they were just sitting at the bar drinking American style beers.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Just one thing I'd like to point out. I grew up in SoCal. Cameron does NOT have a Valley Girl accent, there is something else twisted in there with it. Not sure what it is, but while the Valley Girl schtick could be like grody to the max, it never made me want to puncture my eardrums in the same way.

She speaks in an exaggerated baby talk voice. Like in the voice of her first kindagarten teacher. I am going to defend my hypothesis to the death: she's had speech therapy for some physical or vocal issue. And now. She speaks. Like thisssssssssss. 

She really does have trouble. She couldn't even get her tagline right this year and you've got to wonder how many takes. It should have been more like "I have HEELS that are higher than your STANDARDS!" Hard to write the inflection, but the way she says it is all fckd up. Last year's was better because it was more like her regular speech pattern "dumb blondes? Get nooooticed. Smart blondes? Get EV EREE thing.'

There goes LeeAnne again, subtly (or not so) punching Brandi in her hot button (class, or lack of) with the 'drunk' comment. Takes one to know one of course. LeeAnne has had to scramble over corpses to get wealth adjacent and she is one of those people who turns on her own if they are in her arena. LeeAnne, Stephanie and Brandi come from similar backgrounds, possibly Cary too. Currently LeeAnne is gunning for Brandi overtly, befriending Stephanie for what I continue to believe are nefarious reasons, or possibly because Steph is the most likely of them to ascend to Westcott/Simmons heights and LeeAnne could go for that ride, and she keeps Cary at arms length after the Round Up rumours from last year. 

• Love 11
On 11/8/2018 at 12:10 AM, RedheadZombie said:

And does anyone notice how aggressive and pissed she is in all of her talking heads?  For someone who pretends to have it all, doesn’t care what anyone thinks, and has a man who bangs her constantly, she’s one angry person.  And how does she spend all day running “her” company when her mother is still there?  She’s a dilettante and a prima Donna. 

I said this last episode. D’Andra always sounds so pissed off in her THs. She is very aggressive and angry and I too wonder why. Doting and hot husband (that she always brags about), she’s rich...so why so crabby? 

Maybe she IS in real financial trouble. Remember when Keaton (Jeremy’s son)  was in her closet with her and she was showing him her dresses that were like $50,000 or something insane. Spoiled little rich girl, ticked off that she had to sit in peasant class, ha. I really can’t stand her. 

Why the hell did Brandi admit drinking an entire bottle of wine alone, nightly!, when her girls were little (well, they still are)??! Total dumb ass! 

I raised my kids very much alone, husband traveling a lot, no family for 900 miles, no super close friends nearby. I was very depressed (but held it together and was mostly smiley around my kids). I *never* got drunk home alone with my babies! Sorry, that behavior truly sucks and Brandi IS an alcoholic/has a real drinking problem. She needs help. What in the world made her think adopting a baby was a good idea?? 

And why is she getting wasted on camera if she is worried about Bruin’s adoption or her reputation? She is missing a few brain cells. 

Remember when the home visit happened and Brandi’s bratty daughters were babbling about “Mommy’s wine?” So those adoption counselors thought that was just fine? Poor Bruin. 

And I am not against drinking! I like to have a few for a girl’s night out just like most. 

Leeanne is BEYOND annoying in her THs. And just on camera. She says everything with super dramatic effect. She is always acting or playing up to the cameras. Exhausting lady. 

Edited by Sage47
C
  • Love 9

I definitely need to look into getting those packing cubes that Kam had.

I thought Stephanie looked good at the dinner. The boots and dress were cute.

Not going to lie, I might use Leeanne's "my pantyliner in my panties is exhausted" line somewhere in the future

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Why the hell did Brandi admit drinking an entire bottle of wine alone, nightly!, when her girls were little (well, they still are)??! Total dumb ass! 

I raised my kids very much alone, husband traveling a lot, no family for 900 miles, no super close friends nearby. I was very depressed (but held it together and was mostly smiley around my kids). I *never* got drunk home alone with my babies! Sorry, that behavior truly sucks and Brandi IS an alcoholic/has a real drinking problem. She needs help. What in the world made her think adopting a baby was a good idea?? 

I'd need at least a bottle of wine to deal with Brandi's kids.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, iloveit said:

the cooking class looked like such a better experience than the brewery. The brewery looked really nice but they were just sitting at the bar drinking American style beers.

There is a lot of sight seeing to do in Copenhagen, Tivioli Gardens, Stroget (walking street, stores), Nyhaven, The LIttle Mermaid, Rosenborg Castle, etc...why sit in a bar mid day drinking all the while you say how being called an alcoholic could affect your adoption process. Yeesh!

I hope they see something other than the inside of a bar.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Not going to lie, I might use Leeanne's "my pantyliner in my panties is exhausted" line somewhere in the future

I, too, have been waiting all season for that line, and I might use it too, and I don't even know why women use pantyliners anymore, and I don't usually wear a weave, but the delivery was spot-on! 

18 hours ago, lawyergal said:

The term "alcoholic" and its iterations are terms that were largely invented and perpetuated by substance abusers themselves. AA--a group of laypeople--have popularized the term, but it has no real meaning. There is no clinical definition of "alcoholic" any more than there is a definition of "drunk." Seeing as how they are both colloquialisms, I don't see anything ignorant about Leann making her own distinctions. What I think is ignorant is to treat poor behavior as if it is a disease. I think it's a slap in the face to people with actual diseases, like cancer, and it infantalizes and stigmatizes people with substance abuse problems who want to get bone fide help.  When "alcoholism" or "alcoholic" can be found in the DSM, I still will not concede that it's a disease, but the fact that they're not there is sort of proof that they don't exist in the medical arena. So I'm not going to treat alcoholic  as "a big word," (tm Cary and Kam), seeing as how it doesn't mean anything. (Sorry for the rant, but I have studied substance abuse at great length, and the empirical studies show that the "disease model" of treating this behavioral pattern is not any more successful than those who choose abstinence on their own. In both cases, there is about a one in three success rate, but this data is not widely available, because it does not support the agenda of the twelve step groups. What has been shown to be successful in Norway is a pharmaceutical approach, but, again, we can't have that here because...I am not going to get dinged on this board for talking about politics, but DM me if you're interested). 

There's a lot brewing under the surface with D'andra. The ugly is starting to seep out of her pores. 

That being said, Kim can't use her mother-in-law as a sword and a shield any more than Brandi can use her adopted baby. 

I loved Leeann's nod toward breaking the fourth wall in her talking head: "who's going to tell the adoption agency that Brandi has a drinking problem? I'm not calling them up and telling them...." Brava.

Cary, stop talking about your hotel, as if you bought it, unless she pulled some Crazy Rich Asian shit and actually did buy the hotel and  it didn't make it to film...

Because I detest when Leeann loses her cool (she is so intelligent and funny when she is calm), Stephanie for the win for this episode by a hair. Cut out the giggling and the whispering, though, and woman up, and you'll be a lot more of a force to be reckoned with. 

• Love 7
On 11/8/2018 at 2:15 PM, princelina said:

I am always surprised at how often they ALL do shots.  I feel that I outgrew that in my 20s - the desire AND the ability to do them without throwing up :D

Ugh, same. I think that every time I watch these shows. Shots were never a pleasant experience for me. It was all about getting drunk. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

Have to say, I laughed really hard when Brandi asked the driver how far was the brewery in English with Danish accent.

I was simultaneously horrified with her building the pyramid of glasses, and impressed that they didn't all come shattering down as I expected them to.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, iloveit said:

I agree. I'm over D'andra this season, but she was simply trying to express how something hurt her. If Kam has really never seen someone passionately upset before.....well....she needs to get out more. I think she just thought if she said it enough, everyone would believe it to be true. 

15 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Kam is such a poseur.... she has to include her surname when introducing herself to the Danish people, who wouldn’t know a Wescott from a waistcoat, at the album release party. Ha ha ha!

I noticed that! Please. No one in the whole of Denmark cares what you're fucking last name is. 

3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'd need an entire vineyard. 

• Love 10

I liked when Kameron was talking about how she used to be in an artsy crowd and so she knows what cool is or whatever she was jabbering on about. Um, no Kameron, you are not a cool art-crowd girl, nope, not seeing it, no way. 

Leanne sure has turned against her old BFF D’Andra. Wow, she was harsh in her TH saying how much D’Andra DOES care what others think. She loves to laugh at D’Andra and gossip about her with the others. Some friend. 

That said, D’Andra is no sweetie pie. Rather, she’s a huge icy bitch. Rich and Jeremy have their hands full. 

• Love 7

Yeah Kam's an asshole and Leanne always has been one, but Deandra was supposed to be her friend and should NOT have been questioning Leanne's relationship/engagement as fodder for her own storyline.  So at this point I am Team Leanne for that fight, and Team Deandra in her fight with the tallest little girl in the world (who also looked like an idiot in her sparkly boots/pink cotton skirt/leather jacket ensemble)

• Love 6
13 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I definitely need to look into getting those packing cubes that Kam had.

I thought Stephanie looked good at the dinner. The boots and dress were cute.

I'm ordering compression bags from Anazon.  Should be here on Sunday.  Sometimes I wish there was a website to track what they wear etc.  I seriously want Melissa's (RHOJ) flowy jumpsuit and would love to price it.

12 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Tequila. And Caesar Milan.  Tsst. 

9 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I was simultaneously horrified with her building the pyramid of glasses, and impressed that they didn't all come shattering down as I expected them to.

She is a fun drinker.  I don't like her, but if you can stay out of her target range, she would be amusing to go out with for the night.

• Love 9
On 11/7/2018 at 11:10 PM, Jel said:

Lol Brandi, your concern about LeeAnne calling you an alcoholic is somewhat overshadowed by your seven shots, plus wine, plus cocktails at dinner, the next morning's hair of the dog, drinking from a funnel in a bar.  

Kameron being an art student and "getting it", so fantastic. The hand movements as proof that she gets it, even better. And her valiant struggle with her luggage!  She's pure gold.

Kameron is hilarious. She wanted to ask for hamburgers at a Michelin Restaurant. I like this show. It's much funnier than Season 1.

• Love 11

Packing cubes are the bomb.

I had an 8-day trip about 2 years ago that was going to involve beach, dinners out, casual get-togethers, and just hanging around the house, so I was going to need a whole lot of different "setups".  I went to a local luggage store and figured, if I hate them, they'll just be a one-and-done.

All I can say is, O.M.G.!!

I segmented all my stuff into the cubes, and it was awesome.  

Kind of like traveling with your own chest of drawers.

I use them for Every. Single. Trip. now, even short overnights.

I'm not a fan of baby-girl-pretend-Valley-talker-gaslighting up-talker mean-girl Kam, but her packing system is something with which I'm on board.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 4

What happened to Brandi?  She was my favorite last season, with the bird calls, brilliant impersonations and the epic prank call to Heidi.  Now she's proving that she's not an alcoholic by... getting drunk.  Oooookay.  I've heard of 'baby brain' but this is just beyond.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, dosodog said:

I'm ordering compression bags from Anazon.  Should be here on Sunday.  Sometimes I wish there was a website to track what they wear etc.  I seriously want Melissa's (RHOJ) flowy jumpsuit and would love to price it.

Tequila. And Caesar Milan.  Tsst. 

She is a fun drinker.  I don't like her, but if you can stay out of her target range, she would be amusing to go out with for the night.

I used the Milan "tsst" with my kid -- half jokingly, half serious. It got the job done! 

• Love 7
On 11/8/2018 at 11:53 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Kam has teamed up with LeeAnn to try to bring Brandi down and D'Andra is caught in the crosshairs.  

I feel like trying to take down Brandi is a waste of effort since Brandi does a damn good job of taking herself down all by herself.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

What happened to Brandi?  She was my favorite last season, with the bird calls, brilliant impersonations and the epic prank call to Heidi.  Now she's proving that she's not an alcoholic by... getting drunk.  Oooookay.  I've heard of 'baby brain' but this is just beyond.

Yes, and conveniently allows her to drink a lot of alcohol while making her point!

I think she was looking for a fight, and hoping Leeanne would call her out on her drinking. But she'd still done seven shots at dinner, which is a big binge, so if Leeanne did say something about it, there'd be pretty much universal agreement that the amount she drank at that dinner was too much, and Leeanne would have been correct. That'll show the adoption agency how much of a non-problem drinker she is?  Brandi's logic isn't really working for me.

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, Jel said:

I used the Milan "tsst" with my kid -- half jokingly, half serious. It got the job done! 

Y'all, I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who does this! My kids think I'm nuts, but it gets their attention. 

Brandi's kids, though....damn, they need like a CM boot camp at this point. A home visit wouldn't suffice. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Isn't "baby brain" only a thing when your husband's girlfriend you've had the baby?

• Love 4

We have wondered how Leanne has managed to be part of “Dallas Society” and I think this episode answers some of those questions.

When Leanne was ranting to the others about D’Andra, she stated something along the lines of “I’ve taken a lot from her, I’ve put up with so much...well no more.”

In an earlier scene, we see Leanne watch Kameran’s long show with her packing cubes. Kameran essentially has a monologue about all the endless items she’s brought and Leanne is smiling and nodding in rapt attention.

Leanne is the perfect silent witness to these women. Echoing their thoughts back, and supporting whatever crackpot theory or feud they have going.

I travel a lot and I LOVE the packing cubes (got mine at ebags). You can have one cube for tops, another for bottoms, one for underwear, bathing suits and pjs. Just grab the item from each that you need, no need to dig through your whole suitcase. They also include a laundry bag that I also take, in order that my used clothes don’t get mixed up with the clean ones.

• Love 9

I have much smaller versions of those cubes for my tote bag(s).  I like totes rather than normal handbags, and the cubes make it so much easier to switch from bag to bag and to find things inside whichever bag you're carrying, instead of rooting around blindly in the black hole looking for one tiny thing.  They've changed my life.

17 hours ago, dosodog said:

Sometimes I wish there was a website to track what they wear etc.

There is.  It's not a comprehensive list of everything, but it's the best first place to check if you see one of them wearing something you really want.  And if you don't see the particular thing you're interested in, I think you can post a question.  They also list lower-cost versions for things that might be out of normal people's budgets.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Sterling said:

Packing cubes are the bomb.

I had an 8-day trip about 2 years ago that was going to involve beach, dinners out, casual get-togethers, and just hanging around the house, so I was going to need a whole lot of different "setups".  I went to a local luggage store and figured, if I hate them, they'll just be a one-and-done.

All I can say is, O.M.G.!!

I segmented all my stuff into the cubes, and it was awesome.  

Kind of like traveling with your own chest of drawers.

I use them for Every. Single. Trip. now, even short overnights.

I'm not a fan of baby-girl-pretend-Valley-talker-gaslighting up-talker mean-girl Kam, but her packing system is something with which I'm on board.

Where can I find those packing cubes? 

4 minutes ago, oakville said:

If you cannot find them you can always substitute gallon sized zip lock bags. Also if you want to keep things “fresh” in your suitcase, use a dryer sheet. My cubes came from LL Bean. I still take empty zip lock bags for a damp swim suit for instance. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Jel said:

Yes, and conveniently allows her to drink a lot of alcohol while making her point!

I think she was looking for a fight, and hoping Leeanne would call her out on her drinking. But she'd still done seven shots at dinner, which is a big binge, so if Leeanne did say something about it, there'd be pretty much universal agreement that the amount she drank at that dinner was too much, and Leeanne would have been correct. That'll show the adoption agency how much of a non-problem drinker she is?  Brandi's logic isn't really working for me.

Brandi doesn't make any sense but I still like her. I appreciate her & Stephanie's friendship.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

They're everywhere now.  I found mine in a local luggage shop, but that was only because I wanted to look at all the sizes in person.  I laid them all out in the store to see which ones would work best for me, as there are so many sizes/shapes.

Amazon, ebags.com, and I'm sure you can google and find them on many sites.

ETA:  I just checked, and looks like Target even carries them now.

They'll change your life.  Or at least finding your underwear, lol.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

They're everywhere now.  I found mine in a local luggage shop, but that was only because I wanted to look at all the sizes in person.  I laid them all out in the store to see which ones would work best for me, as there are so many sizes/shapes.

Amazon, ebags.com, and I'm sure you can google and find them on many sites.

ETA:  I just checked, and looks like Target even carries them now.

They'll change your life.  Or at least finding your underwear, lol.

And if you live in/near a city with a Daiso (Japanese dollar store equivalent pretty much, though is a 1.50 store in the US) they typically have them also (for 1.50 each obviously).

They're a slightly different range of sizes there than my Eagle Creek ones - and a brighter color - but hey, now I have double plus the amount since I paid a fraction of the price for my Daiso ones and I love having a complete mix of sizes since some of the Daiso ones are better for some things and my 'regular' ones better for others, etc.

• Love 3

My apologies to the fine people of Copenhagen for being subjected to these screeching, drunken hos.

These idiots get off the plane and drive through what appeared to be lovely Danish countryside and all they could do was focus on their fucking champagne?  That already had me hot but then they got to a damn bar?  Yeah, I know they called it a brewery but it looked like a basic bar to me, where you could see the brewery.  I'm sure Copenhagen has some wonderful sights to see and culture to experience that doesn't actually include alcohol.  I absolutely would have chosen the cooking class over the beer, although you could do either back in Texas (or any state in the U.S.) 

Brandi may not be an alcoholic but she's a drunk.  And a sloppy one at that.  How old is she?  She has to be in her mid-30s, at least.  Why on earth would you plan to get shitfaced drunk, and on a vacation, no less, knowing that you will probably wake up hung over and puking?  If I were in Copenhagen, I'd want to wake up refreshed and feeling well and ready to see that lovely city, not with my head in the toilet.  And then head off to a bar for more.  My liver was shaking in fear watching this episode. 

BTW, whoever posted that gif upthread of Brandi making those horrible faces - - she looks like a redheaded, drunken lizard.

I watch this show sporadically so I'm really not up on why Kameron and D'Andra were fighting but it seems to me that if you're attempting a conversation with someone at a table with a half dozen or so others and a film crew, you aren't having a private conversation.  So if D'Andra wants to speak to LeeAnn and have it be only between the two of them, you might not want to do it at the dinner table with everyone else.  

LeeAnn's expressions while watching Kameron unpack were gold.  I also have packing cubes (mine are from eBags) and I LOVE them.  I wish I had gotten them much earlier because they certainly do make packing easier and more organized.  However - - how long are these ladies supposed to be in Copenhagen?  I went to Europe last year for 2 1/2 weeks and I had one bag (and my cubes.)  Kameron packed like she was going to be there for over a month.  Three pairs of pajamas?  Really?  

I really love Cary's hair.  Mine is a little bit longer than hers but I'm thinking about shortening it up a bit to look like Cary's.  Her clothes were really on point as well.

I wish Stephanie would take her extensions out and leave them out.  I think she looks so pretty in her TH without them.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Sterling said:

Isn't "baby brain" only a thing when your husband's girlfriend you've had the baby?

Not necessarily. I mean, I guess I wouldn't know because I actually gave birth to all my kids. But my youngest is 7 and I've still got "baby brain". I'm no doctor, so I could be completely wrong; but I see it more as chasing after so many kids has fried my brain. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Not necessarily. I mean, I guess I wouldn't know because I actually gave birth to all my kids. But my youngest is 7 and I've still got "baby brain". I'm no doctor, so I could be completely wrong; but I see it more as chasing after so many kids has fried my brain. 

LOL point taken.  I was kidding, via my strikethrough (referring to the rumor of Bruin possibly being Brandi's husband's girlfriend's baby).

I'm sure "baby brain" goes on through the end of high school, lol.....due to a mother's lack of sleep and worrying about your kids!  I get that.  A friend of mine simply said, "Kids take so much out of you".  She's an amazing mother, but it's the 24/7/365 brain cells that are constantly in use.   Heck, my dad is 84, and he still wants my middle-aged ass to call him when I drive home from visiting him & my mom.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, NYCFree said:

We have wondered how Leanne has managed to be part of “Dallas Society” and I think this episode answers some of those questions.

When Leanne was ranting to the others about D’Andra, she stated something along the lines of “I’ve taken a lot from her, I’ve put up with so much...well no more.”

In an earlier scene, we see Leanne watch Kameran’s long show with her packing cubes. Kameran essentially has a monologue about all the endless items she’s brought and Leanne is smiling and nodding in rapt attention.

Leanne is the perfect silent witness to these women. Echoing their thoughts back, and supporting whatever crackpot theory or feud they have going.

I travel a lot and I LOVE the packing cubes (got mine at ebags). You can have one cube for tops, another for bottoms, one for underwear, bathing suits and pjs. Just grab the item from each that you need, no need to dig through your whole suitcase. They also include a laundry bag that I also take, in order that my used clothes don’t get mixed up with the clean ones.

And that is what makes LeeAnn so dangerous.   She knows where all the bodies are buried with D'Andra, Kameron and a lot of other society ladies.  She strikes me as someone who has a lot of information stored in her brain to be used when necessary it just depends on how badly she wants to burn those bridges.  

• Love 5
19 hours ago, oakville said:

The Eagle Creek ones are expensive, but I've found they are the best if you are trying to cram the most shit humanly possible into your suitcase because they are well made and can take it without busting a seam or zipper.  They are also super light weight so they do not add a lot of weight to your luggage if trying to stay under limits.  I take empties with me for my dirties because I need the compression of the cubes -- a laundry bag or ziplocks ain't gonna cut it.  I'm always trying to take the smallest suitcase possible.  If you are just trying to be organized then there are tons of options.  

19 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I have much smaller versions of those cubes for my tote bag(s).  I like totes rather than normal handbags, and the cubes make it so much easier to switch from bag to bag and to find things inside whichever bag you're carrying, instead of rooting around blindly in the black hole looking for one tiny thing.  They've changed my life.

I have an embarrassing amount of small leather goods, so my purse contains a plethora of pouches and little bags.  Even my dogs have their own pouches for their things that get carried in my purse - theirs match their collars because they are fancy bitches.    

• Love 6

I just got a set of 4 Tripped compression cubes, with a laundry and toiletries bag delivered to my door.

And I think I'm going to love them.  1 pair of capris, 3 shorts and 4 tshirts in a small bag.  Zip it up, zip the middle and it's half the size!

Kameron.  I have to give her packing props.

• Love 4
On 11/8/2018 at 6:03 PM, SuzyQILoveYou said:

I think Leeanne was just making a joke & trying to be funny;  i don't think she was making some statement on alcoholism. 

Agree. Listening to these women talk about alcoholism reminds me that the stigma still exists. They use the term "alcoholic" as one would "serial killer." 

• Love 3
On 11/8/2018 at 8:07 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Those cubes are the shit.  I have a ton of Eagle Creek ones.  I also have the big folding thing. The problem is my suitcase ends up heavy because I can fit so much crap in it.  My stepmom has the suitcase that goes with them.  We have had long discussions about packing organization.  We took a 2 week trip to Europe where everyone was only allowed a 24" suitcase.  Kameron wasn't really utilizing her cubes well.

She had way too much air in hers.  Mine are packed as tight as we all wore our jeans in the 80s....  They are the bomb... I got all mine at Container Store when they have had their sales. (Eagle Creek).   Other than getting an inhuman amount of stuff into your luggage, they are awesome for unpacking — makes it so fast!!!

I still have no idea why Brandi thought getting drunk would be a good way to prove LeeAnne was wrong about her alcoholism.    I also can’t believe they were not taking in more of the scenery vs being cooped up in doors at a cooking class or brewery....  

• Love 2