Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Something Is Rotten in Denmark

• Start Topic

@dosodog

And she [LeeAnne] didn't go all horns on D'Andra when fingers were in faces and hair was grabbed.

Well, she did stand on the couch, and rear back her fist. Pre-bowl banging LeeAnne might've actually followed through with the punch, though.

@Lizzing

It irks me to no end that anti-foodie people like Kam got to have Top Chef happen in her house, even if it was the abysmal Texas season. 

Was she in the episode with the neighborhood dinner party? Great memory!

@LibertarianSlut

I, too, have been waiting all season for that line, and I might use it too, and I don't even know why women use pantyliners anymore, and I don't usually wear a weave, but the delivery was spot-on! 

There are quite a few reasons for using panty liners, actually. ("LibertarianSlut" is the best nym ever, btw.)

Kam's spoon might be pink and sparkly, but it still stirs a mean shit. Her beef with D'Andra is absurd.

Cary is really chill, and pretty great about accepting others as they are, come what may - a lot of hosts would've been way more put out with how these ladies act. I thought her cousin had a nice singing voice.

I can do without seeing a naked Mark next week.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 6

Wtf, Brandi?? Wtf, Kameron? Wtf, D’Andra?!

And how does Stephanie look so refreshed after such a long flight? Each of the rest of them looked at least a little bit tired, but she looked the same as always. I want that girl’s secrets! 

• Love 8

Are packing cubes really superior to just segmenting stuff in various ziplock bags? I have a big trip coming up, and I’d love to fit everything of mine and my kid’s into one carry-on.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ladle said:

Are packing cubes really superior to just segmenting stuff in various ziplock bags? I have a big trip coming up, and I’d love to fit everything of mine and my kid’s into one carry-on.

I used to use those vacuum sealed plastic bags, you can roll them up to push air out of them but then I was prone to putting more stuff in my suitcase because I had room...I'd get home with a bag full of clothing I never wore on my trip!  I use the packing cubes now, much less unused clothing and it is organized.

On the other hand, if you are travelling with the HW's it is okay to bring 6 bags with you for a week long trip!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ladle said:

YES!

I haven't actually used them on a trip, 3 weeks I'll be heading to the Carribean for 10 days....

But!  I've been a zip lock bag girl (and will still use them for toiletries) until now.

Kameron's are not compressionable, but the ones I just got do compress the size down pretty well.

Enough that, like a housewife, I'm back to packing outfits vs. Clothes that mix and match because I now have space for clothes AND souvenirs.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Clothes that mix and match because I now have space for clothes AND souvenirs.

I always try to remember that when I travel. That I usually bring home more than I take. I’ll usually find an article of clothing that I’d never find at home and souvenirs for the grandkids (they’re starting to outgrow that now). Especially when I travel to Europe because their sizes fit me better than the American ones. (Once I had a buying binge in Paris and had to buy a second suitcase to get everything home). 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ladle said:

Yes, so much so!

For me, it's because you can lay them out flat, and they zipper from all around, so you can open each one, and it's like having a mini soft suitcase for each category.

I've used them so many times, for so many types of trips!

I had one year with many weddings/special events, where I'd segment them with each outfit:  one packing cube for all the specialty stuff I was going to wear to the wedding, for example. My sparkly handbag, specialty undergarments, jewelry for the event, sparkly shoes, etc.  So, when it was time to get dressed for that event, I just pulled out that cube, and it was all right there, and at the end of the night, that entire cube went right back into my suitcase.

Depending on the trip, you can segment them by categories of clothing:  all undergarments/socks etc. in one, all pants in one, etc.  Or, you can do it by day, which I've done before:  I lay out each day's entire outfit, down to the jewelry, and it all goes into one cube.  So I might have 5 cubes, one for each day, with every single thing I need for that day, down to the handbag/accessories/underwear.

Plus, they're just super fun to look at.  :)

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ladle said:

Thanks, all -- I think you've sold me on them!

Me too - I and going on a trip this weekend and I just bought a "starter set" so we will see how it goes.  Only a few hours until Naked Mark!

ETA:  Oops!  It's not until tomorrow :(

Edited by princelina
  • Love 4
On 11/8/2018 at 1:21 PM, nexxie said:
On 11/7/2018 at 7:25 PM, whydoievencare said:

Kameron is masterful at stirring up shit and then sitting back as if she's done nothing but be a fabulous friend (because she told you she is).  I've seen other people act that way - all they do is deflect: 

I do not understand why Kameron is on this show. She is so uptight, and so consumed with appearances, that nothing in her life appears sincere. When she gets into arguments with the others, it’s like a switch goes on and she launches into a monologue, repeating her view over and over. How hard is it for these ladies to request an on the spot playback of an argument? Kameron twists everything said and cannot accept anyone else’s view. She is such a snob, yet I would bet money that her husband has a couple of mistresses. There’s no way she and Court have a regular marriage.  I am enjoying Stephanie and Carey as they aren’t scrabbling for airtime. The fact that Kameron can’t own that she is in the wrong for lecturing D’Andra on ‘appearances’ is absurd. These ladies make the Dallas scene appear very uninviting.

• Love 8
On 11/8/2018 at 12:21 PM, SuzyQILoveYou said:

SUSIEQILOVEYOU said “is it just me, or is Brandi's face really really really hard to look at? She makes these weird faces and her face does these weird things and it's kind of monstrous looking and scary. “.

I have found I have the same reaction and I think it is something to do with the combination of botox and fair eyebrows. When her makeup is done and eyebrows drawn in, she looks cute. But when she arrives sans makeup, her eyes/ brows/ forehead just looks odd.

• Love 1