Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E1: To Love and to Cherish

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I’m doubtful I’ll be watching this season, far too much Porsha. But one question. When Cynthia was talking about her new boyfriend, in the talking head that narrated the scene where she’s FaceTiming with him, she says “he’s swam in lake ???something” several times. What lake? I got that it was a euphemism for something but though I rewound a bunch of times I couldn’t get the word after lake.

He swam in Lake Bailey.  That's the name she dubbed the lake on her property that can be seen from her backyard patio.  It's also apparently what she calls her other "water feature".  :-D   I think Cynthia is adorkable.  I like that even as a big time, gorgeous model, she's still awkward around guys.  It just shows that we don't all have to be super confident sexy vixens all the time.  I'm also happy that she didn't let that other guy swim in Lake Bailey, cause he was a douche (couldn't help myself).  The new guy seems nice and has his own thing going on, so he doesn't need her for a come up.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I’m doubtful I’ll be watching this season, far too much Porsha. But one question. When Cynthia was talking about her new boyfriend, in the talking head that narrated the scene where she’s FaceTiming with him, she says “he’s swam in lake ???something” several times. What lake? I got that it was a euphemism for something but though I rewound a bunch of times I couldn’t get the word after lake.

"He swam in the waters of Lake Bailey," I.e., they fucked.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, drivethroo said:

We have a leader in office with 5 children by 3 different women, several divorces, multiple adulteries and accusations of sexual assault.  Eva and her man having a child out of wedlock is a non-factor now.

Truth be told, I'm sure that behavior in the Oval Office went back further than Clinton and Kennedy too.  Lots of man whores in our history.  Eva's baby is adorable!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I keep forgetting that Riley is so young.  She's only 15-16.  She comes across as so grown and mature, plus she's so tall.  I'm happy that she's been so successful in her weight loss journey.  She looks great.  

She does. Congrats to her glow up and weight loss. I swear though I feel like she has been 15 since the show started.  I don't want to shade her but please for the love of gawd, didn't Kandi gift her some ridiculously expensive vehicle for her birthday. Porshe SUV? Than why have the poor child walking around in a synethic looking wig with no parting space or edges?

Didn't miss Kenya.

When it comes to modeling Eva hunty, you are the Avon to Cynthia's Estee Lauder; the JCPennys circular to her Vogue; the Jovan Musk to her Chanel No. 5. 

I was entertained by Porshe's segments. I love ridiculous ring shopping and the giddiness of new low. Engaged after 5 months though? Does not bode well.

I could really do without the booty shaking. Porshe's cakes are sheetcakes that have overflowed the pan. 

Poor Greg. I hope he beats this. I also hope it make others get colon cancer screenings. Colonoscopies such (especially the prep) but there are so lifesaving. I get one every 5 years. Been trying to make my bro go but it is like pulling teeth. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, A.J. said:

And doesn't/didn't Harry Hamlin and Eileen Davidson only appear on RHOB very scarcely?  

What? Eileen Davidson was a regular on RHOB for several season's. She was in almost every episode during that time. Harry Hamlin appears as much as any husband should and has been married to Lisa Rinna for over 20 yrs. With Kenya, her new marriage was a part of what was going on with her life and a big story in it's own right because it happened swiftly. Bu still, she didn't feel the need to share. Huge difference. 

• Love 4
On 11/5/2018 at 10:53 AM, drivethroo said:

We have a leader in office with 5 children by 3 different women, several divorces, multiple adulteries and accusations of sexual assault.  Eva and her man having a child out of wedlock is a non-factor now.

7 hours ago, watcherwoman said:

Truth be told, I'm sure that behavior in the Oval Office went back further than Clinton and Kennedy too.  Lots of man whores in our history.  Eva's baby is adorable!

So they go low we go lower, is that what we’re doing?  Living down to their examples.  Poor examples should not be the standard used as a reason to have a baby before marriage.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

If Kenya got fired for not sharing her husband, why did Sheree get fired when she shared her prison boyfriend?

My point being, we’ll never know why these ladies are let go unless they tell us. And with the big thick non-disclosure agreement they have to sign, we’ll never know the true reasons.

You're right and who really knows, but we can speculate from information bloggers like Tamara Tattles (from Atlanta or close) have revealed. Also, after the Phaedra Parks bubble was finally burst, I think the tolerance for such outright fraud and fakery was significantly lowered. They changed some key personnel in production also. Kenya has given up fake boyfriends and nothing much else except a hair care line and her house. Remember her first season? All acting, singing, performing. This all petered out.

Sheree has been on her last legs for a LONG time. Bringing Kim back for 1 season solved her immediate dilemma, as Sheree was the one person Kim could be sure of filming with. With Kenya, we had the string of fake bfs and then she refuses to share her life when the real thing arrives. It doesn't make for good television. Sheree sharing her prison boo was Sheree showing Kenya up in at least the arena of 'being real'. Didn't work for Sheree, Kenya or Kim though, they all got bounced, for whatever reason in the same season. This above all makes me happy. Because Kenya will HATE being parceled in with Kim and Sheree like this until the end of time.

• Love 6
On 11/5/2018 at 10:37 PM, queenjen said:

Exactly, with respect to Kim and they didn't stop harping on her about it either. Neither should they have. We're all sick of it, starting with 'Big Poppa' (retch retch retch)! Harry Hamlin is almost as much of a fame whore as Rinna and with those Gigis, Rinna crams the whole family with as much airtime as possible. Eileen had the 'surfer dude' type husband, can't remember his name. But he and her son were on frequently, especially toward the end of Eileen's time on the show, when her mother died and she wasn't filming with the others as much because of the grief. She'd film with her husband, though. Ha! If anything we get TOO much of the BH husbands, especially the noxious 'PK'. I think NYC does the balance well. When John Medassian (Dorinda's boo) became too famewhorey, she backed him off. He only got to appear once, I think, last season, but only because he was popping up everywhere in the seasons prior. Prompting Sonja's famous 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE WITHOUT DORINDA!!!!!!'. 

Obvioiusly, we got WAY too much of Peter on this franchise. But I think we see a reasonable amount of Todd and Gregg and even Apollo and Bob, as cautionary tales . Kenya's stream of fake BFs for a SL were just insulting in the end. Not to mention dangerous (Matt).

Your youth is showing (lucky you) :) .  The surfer dude comes from Hollywood royalty (exaggerated, but not by much) His dad was Dick Van Patten and the surfer dude was an child/young teen actor and then some sort of tennis pro.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 6

This franchise really needs new blood. I'm just going to share some of my general pet peeves about what's going on here: 

First of all, I am so done with a FaceTime conversation taking the place of a scene between two or more women. I don't tune in to watch people talk on the phone. 

Secondly, I am watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta, not RHOC, RHBH or Shahs of Sunset, so I want to see Atlanta when I watch.  I don't mind cast trips, but if someone goes to LA on their own? Girl, bye. I don't care to see Kandi there, I did not appreciate it when Nene lived there season 5, but was still allowed to be on the cast of Atlanta, did not give a fig about Kenya and Phaedra's camp, Kenya's trip home, I don't care when Cynthia, Kandi and Nene go to NYC (we already have a franchise for that, no?) and I was even upset season one when Lisa brought someone (Nene?) to LA for a funeral and they shot that. (I didn't mind the season 3 bus tour to Miami, because it involved half the cast). On the whole, though, I just don't get it. We're supposed to see the lives of the privileged women of Atlanta. I'm not seeing that when they're jet-setting all over the country for their own personal projects. If that's part of their lives--fine. I just don't care about it. (Last season of RHNJ opened in Florida--which appears to be their go-to when they have nothing to film in the Garden State--and I was equally perplexed and jarred).

In lieu of watching Cynthia talk on the phone and Kandi galavant around LA, why didn't they just bring the New Edition lady on first episode? She could not have been more boring than them...could she? 

Nene seems over Gregg. She is probably sad about his cancer, but I don't exactly get the vibe that she'd dress in mourning clothes for the rest of her life if he were to die. If my husband was that sick, I'd quit the show in a hot second. And I definitely wouldn't be traveling to Miami to try my hand at comedy (again). I suspect they have some sort of arrangement.

Porscha is alright. I'm glad she's excited about this hot dog guy, who seems totally checked out BTW. If she likes it, though, I love it for her. It's nice to see some enthusiasm. The rest of these broads kinda seem to be phoning it in (literally, Cynthia).

Kandi needs to decide if she's going to let bygones be bygones with Porsha, or if she's going to continue to hold a grudge two seasons later. If she can't let it go, maybe she just shouldn't film with Porsha at all. I'm tired of her Eeyore routine. I'm tired of Todd. I'm SO TIRED of Xscape. What I think she needs to do is listen to her daughter. When your child comes to you and begs for more time, it's not something to brush off. It is not funny to miss a parent-teacher conference she had committed to attending, and if she has another baby, I'm done with her. Does she want her kids turning out like Brentt? Wake up.

I don't mind Eva, if only for the fact that she's someone new. She seems chill and confident and capable of actually furthering a storyline, yet there seems to be something down-to-earth about her. I have no problem in the world with her throwing some low-key shade at Cynthia, who has been throwing low-key shade in every direction since she joined this show. 

I used to like Cynthia, but she is getting so full of herself. Everything has to be "Bailey." "Bailey School of Modeling" and "Bailey Eyewear" and, now, "Lake Bailey." Getting "Bailey" into most of her tag lines. Her aggressive style of branding is starting to make Bethenny Frankel blush. Also, so tacky with allusions to sex in front of her child. Oh, are we now supposed to believe this revisionist history that she never banged Will? Riiight. If you believe that one, I have a bridge to sell you (and it crosses Lake Bailey). She is like Narcissus. She never found a mirror she didn't like. It's so cool to embrace your age and your body and your beauty, but not every single minute. I actually liked her better when she was with Peter. I did not think that was a healthy relationship, but I think they played off of each other well. This episode and last season, I just feel like her ego has taken a rocket ship ride into outer space, and I'm not buying a ticket. The ego trip paired with the girlish insecurity is not charming to me. 

I don't miss Kenya. But it's time for a reboot. 

• Love 10
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:34 AM, bichonblitz said:

Ugggh Porsha. Stop trying so hard! The twerking and bouncing in her chair, the skin tight clothes, the boobage hanging out, the tons of extra hair and makeup. Grow up, woman! I didn't expect her new boyfriend to look like that. Porsha usually goes for good looking guys. He must have a ton of $$$$$. 

For the first time ever I really liked Nene and Gregg. Their scene was very touching, Nene came through for him, I hope he is going to be ok. 

Sorry, but Nene is looking more and more like Kim to me.  Minus the lips.. lay off the plastic surgery please. . .saw Nene on WWHL Sunday night and if she had flipped that terrible wig one more darn time....Praying for Gregg's cancer and Nene's  plastic surgery.. 

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:56 AM, watcherwoman said:

Eva's baby boy is a living doll.. he is beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

When your child comes to you and begs for more time, it's not something to brush off. It is not funny to miss a parent-teacher conference she had committed to attending, and if she has another baby, I'm done with her. Does she want her kids turning out like Brentt? Wake up.

Guess what?!!!! Blogs are saying she's pregnant!

• Love 3

I'm completely with you Libertarian Slut on NeNe, Kandi and Cynthia.

NeNe has been over Gregg for a long time, but sticks with him for practical reasons. Given the cancer, she stopped just short of big weary sighs and eye-rolling in her scenes with him.

Cynthia is a vacuous narcissist; there's nuthin' going on upstairs except for the search for the next wallet.

Riley has been complaining about Kandi's unavailability for several seasons now. Combined with Kandi's constant laments about how busy and tired she is, and Todd the Lazy, it's easy to see that Kandi is stretched too thin for mothering. Oh, except when Riley's private life is needed for screen time. SMH

• Love 5
12 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Cynthia is a vacuous narcissist; there's nuthin' going on upstairs except for the search for the next wallet

You really think so? All the guys she's been with so far were broke except Leon. This new guy may be the first one that's actually on her level or am I forgetting someone?

Why does Nene look so bad? Her wigs and makeup are atrocious!  I hope we see her love on Greg, keep him happy and fuss over him a little.  Greg is old, sick and scared, probably, I wish she'd be nice to him instead of complaining when he tries to talk about what's happening. What kind of person rolls their eyes and complains when someone talks about their illness. 

• Love 3

This new guy may be the first one that's actually on her level or am I forgetting someone?

My understanding is she dated the fabulously wealthy Russell Simmons for a long time.

I don't think the men we see on the show are serious contenders, including Peter. I thought the marriage with Peter was more of a branding/marketing relationship. I think Cynthia is on the prowl for a benefactor with deep pockets. But then, that's true of others on these shows.

• Love 2
On 11/9/2018 at 9:14 AM, pasdetrois said:

My understanding is she dated the fabulously wealthy Russell Simmons for a long time.

And one of her top Housewife moments EVER was when he brought that up and why did they break up and she flat out said "because you cheated on me." Golddiggers don't dump their man for cheating - they demand satisfaction (often in  the form of extravagant jewelry). Cynthia walked away. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, kassa said:

And one of her top Housewife moments EVER was when he brought that up and why did they break up and she flat out said "because you cheated on me." Golddiggers don't dump their man for cheating - they demand satisfaction (often in  the form of extravagant jewelry). Cynthia walked away. 

Exactly. And given that Russell got caught up in Me Too, it's a good thing Cynthia dodged that bullet.

I go back and forth about Cynthia's awkwardness around men. Sometimes I think it's endearing, other times, it's annoying. It really goes to show you how much modeling is about pretending. You'd think that an international model who's lived an interesting life and hung around high-end circles would be savvy when it comes on to men, but nope. 

And what was with Eva's shade about Cynthia's modeling? Eva, sis, don't go there. You'd be lucky if you have half of Cynthia's career. Cute baby, though.

When Porsha's man came to pick her up for their Miami jaunt, she looked like she was on her way to Magic City. I don't know what to make of her dude. But if she's happy, good.

I never cared for Riley's tone and sarcasm. I get that she wants her mother home more, but as Todd said if you want to continue with the lifestyle you have, that requires work. 

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, Bronzedog said:

I'm pretty sure with Kenya's history with her own mother, she'll be a good mother.

I 'm rewatching the scene with Poscha and her unattractive boyfriend in the car. Not sure that relationship is going to end well.  Maybe he'll improve.

I know this would never happen. I wish Kenya's mother would show up and ask for forgiveness and want to see her grandchild.  It does not have to happen on camera because I know her mother would not agree to be filmed. But this so needs to happen. I know Kenya would welcome her with open arms, it's all she's ever wanted.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

And, apparently he drowned because we haven’t heard about him since. 

Lol !!!! well, she's still talking about him. checkout the Daily Dish on Bravo.com

On 11/6/2018 at 10:09 AM, islandgal140 said:

...When it comes to modeling Eva hunty, you are the Avon to Cynthia's Estee Lauder; the JCPennys circular to her Vogue; the Jovan Musk to her Chanel No. 5...

Yaaasssssss! {bowing down}

might I add, the trump to her Obama!

Edited by DrSparkles
Comma
  • Love 3